Callaway 2010 Pictures

[quote name='CMAN300' post='1950198' date='Sep 14 2009, 03:58 PM']Besides the irons, that is one of the best line-ups Callaway has ever come out with IMO.[/quote]

Agreed. Last year the ft9 was the only good thing coming out, but the wedges look great, as does the FT Tour. Its a great compact driver that I will be gettn my hands on when the rep comes by next week. I beleive a new ball is coming out too? I dint ask but I should find out.
Heck I may even give the diablo forged a try too.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any explanation for "Diablo" vs. "Diablo Edge"? It looks like the Edge version of the irons is more GI, but why are both Diablo Drivers labeled Edge? Also, I thought they had new Diablo Hybrids coming?

Thanks OP for the Pix!! Can't believe 2010 stuff is already here!

[color=#008000]GBB EPIC Flash[/color]
[color=#000000]GBB EPIC Flash 13*[/color]
[color=#000000]GBB EPIC Flash Heavenwood[/color]
[color=#000000]Apex CF 19, 4 to AW, Catalyst 80[/color]
54* MD 4, black
58* PM Grind, black
Odyssey 2 Ball, Black Series i
CHROME SOFT TRUVIS

I think the Diablo Forged are trying more to be a Forged cavity back like some of TM, Titleist offerings. They have been out for a while in europe but the Cast Diablo Edges are new.

As for the Diablo Driver....I think the one on the right is a tour model with the hosel and the one on the left is a normal callaway non hosel offering.

Honestly, I'm no Callaway hater. I love the iX tour ball. BUT... this has got to be some of the ugliest crap I've seen in years. It may perform wonderfully... but I'll never know for sure. The wedges look painted, the colors are blah. It looks as if Krylon teamed with the George Forman grill company and got drunk.
Ok time to get my high horse a drink.

Adams 9015D w/Harrison Saga 60S
Callaway XR Pro 4 wood 16* PX 6.0
Callaway Apex Hybrid 18* & 23*
Mizuno MP 15 4-P TTDG S300
Callaway MD3 52* & 58*
Rife Barbados... the best putter ever.

Call me crazy, but last I checked the only time you see the bottom of the club is when it is in your bag. Regardless, I imagine these will perform pretty nicely (otherwise why release it?), and I am sure they have a "normal" appearance from address. Also, I heard that the new Diablo is similar to a Titleist at address. I'm very curious to see the new stuff...

WITB

Stealth Plus 9 Tour AD XC6

SIM 2 Ti 15 Tour AD BB7

818 H1 19 Tensei White

Z U85 24 HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 90

ZX7 5 - PW Modus 120

MD5 Raw 50, 56, 60

California Monterey

mxer581[b],[/b] The Diablo Edge will be offered in a regular version with S2H2 and a Tour model with a hosel. It appears from what my Rep wrote that it will not be T.A. My Rep's words:

[color="#0000ff"]You will all immediately love the Tour version, which sits like a champ and doesn't disappoint in performance. The thinnest titanium driver we've ever made, this thing is a steal for the price. They actually take the titanium, roll it into a long sheet, and stamp out 4 separate pieces which are in turn fused together to make this club remarkably thin. Ask our competitors if they cast their titanium drivers. If they answer yes, it cannot perform as well as this club, period. This will be your work horse in 2010. Aldila "Habanero" is the stock shaft[/color]

Here is all the inside info from my Inside Sales Rep...

FT Tour: Available Feb. 2010 $499

Known currently to the PGA Tour as “FT9 Tour Hosel”, this driver is directly from pro tour. A smaller head of 443 cc’s, it is literally the exact design currently being played by the majority of our tour staff. A traditional hosel, 1.5º open face angle, and quietly classic design will be the envy of all skilled players in 2010. This product sounds amazing and is DEEP. I asked the question to the designer of this club how a smaller clubhead could produce faster ball-speed, and he said to “not worry about it”. I guess that means I won’t be designing my own anytime soon so I’ll have to stick with his! This thing is HOT HOT HOT! Stock shaft is a real-deal aftermarket Aldila VooDoo.

FT-iZ and FT-iZ Tour Driver: Available Feb. 2010 $399

Probably the coolest looking golf club I’ve ever seen; pictures do not do justice. These things will look amazing in customer’s hands and in display racks. You cannot walk past this club without picking it up. Not to mention, it’s got more MOI and faster ball speeds than FTIQ in a “traditional” head shape. Very easy to hit, and gives an aggressive, penetrating trajectory. A noticeable upgrade here in terms of forgiveness as well as anywhere on the face delivers consistent distance. Priced very aggressively compared to FT-iQ’s opening price.

FT-iZ FW: Available Feb. 2010 $299

Hands down, the most impressive product of the entire product lineup for me is this replacement for the Squareway woods. Squareway woods have a nice following on the PGA Tour from Callaway and Non-Callaway staffers. These clubs are sure to have similar followings as they are INSANELY deep. This 3 wood has a higher MOI than the VFT Driver from 2002! Amazing how far we’ve come in such short time! Best shots of our sales meeting for me came from this fairway wood. This will be in the bag immediately for me when it is available. Disgusting stick… (in a good way!)

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour Driver: Available March 2010 $299

Big Bertha Diablo made a lot of people reconsider where to look for drivers this year, as it was the most popular driver in a lot of shops for a portion of the summer. Following it up here without the “Big Bertha” name, is Diablo Edge. You will all immediately love the Tour version, which sits like a champ and doesn’t disappoint in performance. The thinnest titanium driver we’ve ever made, this thing is a steal for the price. They actually take the titanium, roll it into a long sheet, and stamp out 4 separate pieces which are in turn fused together to make this club remarkably thin. Ask our competitors if they cast their titanium drivers. If they answer yes, it cannot perform as well as this club, period. This will be your work horse in 2010, and be sure to book early to have them available when the season gets going. Aldila “Habanero” is the stock shaft, which will be a new offering for them and will be advertised heavily. Sounds great, feels great, priced great. All good things here.

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour FW: Available March 2010 $199

Phil Mickelson</SPAN> labeled the Big Bertha Diablo fairway woods the best he’s ever hit. He is freaking out over the opportunity to bag the tour version of this new Diablo Edge Fairway wood. An amazing 10-12 yards longer on our launch monitors compared to Big Bertha Diablo, these clubs are cast stainless steel with amazing sound and value. An excellent complement to the driver and should be an easy add-on sale for someone looking to fill out their bag. The tour version looks absolutely gorgeous from address and has a bendable hosel!

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour Hybrid: Available March 2010 $139 Steel, $159 Graphite

The best looking Callaway hybrids ever offered. From address, you will be impressed. Great rack appeal, and with traditional hosels and zero face progression, you should have a very easy time offering this to any handicap player including tour caliber players. A significant upgrade from Big Bertha Diablo in all respects, but primarily with visuals. Perfect trajectory and mirrors the markings of category leaders.

X Series Jaws Wedges: Available November 2009 $119 Steel, $139 Graphite

Roger Cleveland does it again! (by the way, please tell your customers he designs our wedges!) So here’s the scoop: The only place our grooves won’t “satisfy a condition of competition” next year is on the PGA Tour. So sell these new wedges with confidence because amateurs deserve them. The vast majority of golfers won’t need to change grooves until 2024. A darker “Vintage” finish appears very nice at address and in San Diego sunlight (it still rusts a bit). A stiffer, heavier graphite option now available as well and actually felt quite good chipping around the greens.

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1951898' date='Sep 15 2009, 11:29 AM']Here is all the inside info from my Inside Sales Rep...

FT Tour: Available Feb. 2010 $499

Known currently to the PGA Tour as "FT9 Tour Hosel", this driver is directly from pro tour. A smaller head of 443 cc's, it is literally the exact design currently being played by the majority of our tour staff. A traditional hosel, 1.5º open face angle, and quietly classic design will be the envy of all skilled players in 2010. This product sounds amazing and is DEEP. I asked the question to the designer of this club how a smaller clubhead could produce faster ball-speed, and he said to "not worry about it". I guess that means I won't be designing my own anytime soon so I'll have to stick with his! This thing is HOT HOT HOT! Stock shaft is a real-deal aftermarket Aldila VooDoo.

FT-iZ and FT-iZ Tour Driver: Available Feb. 2010 $399

Probably the coolest looking golf club I've ever seen; pictures do not do justice. These things will look amazing in customer's hands and in display racks. You cannot walk past this club without picking it up. Not to mention, it's got more MOI and faster ball speeds than FTIQ in a "traditional" head shape. Very easy to hit, and gives an aggressive, penetrating trajectory. A noticeable upgrade here in terms of forgiveness as well as anywhere on the face delivers consistent distance. Priced very aggressively compared to FT-iQ's opening price.

FT-iZ FW: Available Feb. 2010 $299

Hands down, the most impressive product of the entire product lineup for me is this replacement for the Squareway woods. Squareway woods have a nice following on the PGA Tour from Callaway and Non-Callaway staffers. These clubs are sure to have similar followings as they are INSANELY deep. This 3 wood has a higher MOI than the VFT Driver from 2002! Amazing how far we've come in such short time! Best shots of our sales meeting for me came from this fairway wood. This will be in the bag immediately for me when it is available. Disgusting stick… (in a good way!)

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour Driver: Available March 2010 $299

Big Bertha Diablo made a lot of people reconsider where to look for drivers this year, as it was the most popular driver in a lot of shops for a portion of the summer. Following it up here without the "Big Bertha" name, is Diablo Edge. You will all immediately love the Tour version, which sits like a champ and doesn't disappoint in performance. The thinnest titanium driver we've ever made, this thing is a steal for the price. They actually take the titanium, roll it into a long sheet, and stamp out 4 separate pieces which are in turn fused together to make this club remarkably thin. Ask our competitors if they cast their titanium drivers. If they answer yes, it cannot perform as well as this club, period. This will be your work horse in 2010, and be sure to book early to have them available when the season gets going. Aldila "Habanero" is the stock shaft, which will be a new offering for them and will be advertised heavily. Sounds great, feels great, priced great. All good things here.

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour FW: Available March 2010 $199

Phil Mickelson</SPAN> labeled the Big Bertha Diablo fairway woods the best he's ever hit. He is freaking out over the opportunity to bag the tour version of this new Diablo Edge Fairway wood. An amazing 10-12 yards longer on our launch monitors compared to Big Bertha Diablo, these clubs are cast stainless steel with amazing sound and value. An excellent complement to the driver and should be an easy add-on sale for someone looking to fill out their bag. The tour version looks absolutely gorgeous from address and has a bendable hosel!

Diablo Edge/Edge Tour Hybrid: Available March 2010 $139 Steel, $159 Graphite

The best looking Callaway hybrids ever offered. From address, you will be impressed. Great rack appeal, and with traditional hosels and zero face progression, you should have a very easy time offering this to any handicap player including tour caliber players. A significant upgrade from Big Bertha Diablo in all respects, but primarily with visuals. Perfect trajectory and mirrors the markings of category leaders.

X Series Jaws Wedges: Available November 2009 $119 Steel, $139 Graphite

Roger Cleveland does it again! (by the way, please tell your customers he designs our wedges!) So here's the scoop: The only place our grooves won't "satisfy a condition of competition" next year is on the PGA Tour. So sell these new wedges with confidence because amateurs deserve them. The vast majority of golfers won't need to change grooves until 2024. A darker "Vintage" finish appears very nice at address and in San Diego sunlight (it still rusts a bit). A stiffer, heavier graphite option now available as well and actually felt quite good chipping around the greens.[/quote]

So, this means no new players irons?

It appears the Diablo forged is it...

“Hey pro, am I good enough to play forged irons?” Now you can say yes to anyone with that question. The best feeling forged cavity back I’ve ever hit, and along the lines of the 2005 X-Tour irons, we have a mid-bounce forged cavity back here. Like all our forgings, these come from Endo in Japan , and are butter soft. Just amazing turf interaction and zero bulk from the topline down (you do not see any of the bulk).