Callaway 2010 Pictures

I like the looks of the new FT Tour and the Diablo Edge Tour. I currently use I-Mix which won't be an option for anything with a hosel I know but will the new FT-Iz have an I-Mix option? I've booked a fitting at the Belfry for next March, the FT Tour is my favorite looks wise but if like suggested the Iz is the best of the bunch I-mix would be what i want so i can keep my shafts.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1997243' date='Oct 9 2009, 07:32 PM'][quote name='mattfaldowoods' post='1996947' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:13 PM']I totally get the driver and fairway line up, but am totally confused by the iron line up.

Can any one clarify? Protos in or out or replaced, same with x-forged? Can someone please just put the line up in straight terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

No new "Tour" iron, just the Diablo Edge forged...the Tour Authentic prototypes are still around, just reduced in price. X Forged still around as well...if you have questions about any others, just let me know...

Robb
[/quote]

Robb--don't know if you are affiliated with Callaway, but it kind of sounds like it. Can you speak to the groove rule and the effect on the X-Prototypes? Can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone.

Thanks.

[quote name='MG 1977' post='2000072' date='Oct 11 2009, 04:25 PM']I like the looks of the new FT Tour and the Diablo Edge Tour. I currently use I-Mix which won't be an option for anything with a hosel I know but will the new FT-Iz have an I-Mix option? I've booked a fitting at the Belfry for next March, the FT Tour is my favorite looks wise but if like suggested the Iz is the best of the bunch I-mix would be what i want so i can keep my shafts.[/quote]

The iZ will be available in i-Mix, as well as the FT-9, which is staying in the line. And yes, anything with a hosel will have a stock shaft with upgrades.

Robb

[quote name='CallawayLefty' post='2000521' date='Oct 11 2009, 08:39 PM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1997243' date='Oct 9 2009, 07:32 PM'][quote name='mattfaldowoods' post='1996947' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:13 PM']I totally get the driver and fairway line up, but am totally confused by the iron line up.

Can any one clarify? Protos in or out or replaced, same with x-forged? Can someone please just put the line up in straight terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

No new "Tour" iron, just the Diablo Edge forged...the Tour Authentic prototypes are still around, just reduced in price. X Forged still around as well...if you have questions about any others, just let me know...

Robb
[/quote]

Robb--don't know if you are affiliated with Callaway, but it kind of sounds like it. Can you speak to the groove rule and the effect on the X-Prototypes? Can't seem to get a straight answer out of anyone.

Thanks.
[/quote]

I am on Staff with Callaway, and best as I can figure out, the new groove rule will only apply immediately to the Tour. There will be a grandfather clause (i.e. Ping Eye 2's in the early 90's) so that all clubs will not have to conform to the new rules until a set date in the future. Irons are low on the radar right now...

Robb

[quote name='CallawayOnly' post='1998074' date='Oct 10 2009, 11:40 AM'][quote name='Imperium' post='1997598' date='Oct 10 2009, 12:44 AM']Anyone hear about a new X tour iron? Still kicking myself for not getting a set of those.[/quote]
The X-Forged and X-22 Tours were new in 09. Two year normal cycle on those.
[/quote]

The '09 Forged is still in the line, with the addition of the Diablo Forged...1 players club, one low to mid forged club...

Robb

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1997243' date='Oct 9 2009, 07:32 PM'][quote name='mattfaldowoods' post='1996947' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:13 PM']I totally get the driver and fairway line up, but am totally confused by the iron line up.

Robb
[/quote]

Robb, how much of a price drop on the X-Protos? Are they going to go below $1000?

[quote name='txag96' post='2002902' date='Oct 12 2009, 10:59 PM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1997243' date='Oct 9 2009, 07:32 PM'][quote name='mattfaldowoods' post='1996947' date='Oct 9 2009, 05:13 PM']I totally get the driver and fairway line up, but am totally confused by the iron line up.

Robb
[/quote]

Robb, how much of a price drop on the X-Protos? Are they going to go below $1000?
[/quote]

Right at $999...

[quote name='pickerjohn' post='1986968' date='Oct 4 2009, 12:24 PM'][quote name='Eec55' post='1981594' date='Oct 1 2009, 04:11 AM']geez i am sick of colors and medallions on the cally clubs! i love the clubs to death but please make a set of nice irons that are just chrome/black!!!!! those diablos look nice but also look like a stop sign on a shaft!![/quote]

Maybe something like this, '08 X forged (not toy town junk in my book)

[/quote]

See, the thing with the medallions are that you can get them in different weights to alter the swingweight...you can special order clubs with different ones in them...little known fact...pulling them out just makes the heads extremely light...ask a Callaway insider about the medallions, they know...

[quote name='txag96' post='2003027' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:27 AM']Robb,

Thanks for the info. Good to hear they are dropping the price. I might get another set :)

One more thing. How many loft options are the Jaws wedges coming in? I'm assuming only the standard lofts (52, 54, 56, 58, 60)? Thanks.[/quote]

52/12, 56/16, 58/13 and 60/13...that's it. All have C-Grind for flops and MD grooves before they go the way of the DoDo bird...

Robb

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2003053' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='txag96' post='2003027' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:27 AM']Robb,

Thanks for the info. Good to hear they are dropping the price. I might get another set :)

One more thing. How many loft options are the Jaws wedges coming in? I'm assuming only the standard lofts (52, 54, 56, 58, 60)? Thanks.[/quote]

52/12, 56/16, 58/13 and 60/13...that's it. All have C-Grind for flops and MD grooves before they go the way of the DoDo bird...

Robb
[/quote]

Ummm...What!!!!! I wait for new callway wedges for almost two years and I cant ever get a 64*..garbage

Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ Tensei Pro White 70x
Mizuno ST200 15* w/Accra TZ5 100x Prototype
Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4i-5i w/DG X7
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 6i-PW w/DG X7
Mizuno S18 50*/57* w/DG X100
Callaway MD5 64* w/DG S400
Kevin Burns Custom 9304

[quote name='Mongo26 ' post='2007457' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:25 AM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2003053' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='txag96' post='2003027' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:27 AM']Robb,

Robb
[/quote]

Ummm...What!!!!! I wait for new callway wedges for almost two years and I cant ever get a 64*..garbage
[/quote]

62,64 will be available in april/may...

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='2007576' date='Oct 15 2009, 07:00 AM'][quote name='Mongo26 ' post='2007457' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:25 AM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2003053' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='txag96' post='2003027' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:27 AM']Robb,

Robb
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If they come out in April/May, the will have conforming grooves on them...that is the reason for the early release of the Jaws, to have the good grooves in them...

Robb

[size=3]I'm certainly glad I didn't pony up the change for an FTi-Q this year. Love the triangle look of the FTi-Z, reminds me of my Burner 09. I thought 09' would be my big spending golf equipment year, but 2010 is looking very very bad for my savings account. [/size]

2024 Bag

Cobra KING LTDx (9*) - MCA Tensei RAW White 6S

Cobra Radspeed 3W (13*) - MCA Kai'li White 7S

TM Stealth Plus 5W (19*) - Project X Hzrdus RDX Red 75S 

Cobra KING Tour MIM (4-G) - KBS C-Taper 120S

Sub 70 JB Forged FF (54,60L) - KBS S-Taper 120S

Odyssey White Hot Versa 7S

Is the FT Tour the same driver as the FT9 TA driver? Also, from those who have hit the FT tour driver what is the feel and sound on contact and is the ball flight lower because of the open clubface...what lofts will these be available in??

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

[quote name='odshot68' post='2016324' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:10 AM']Is the FT Tour the same driver as the FT9 TA driver? Also, from those who have hit the FT tour driver what is the feel and sound on contact and is the ball flight lower because of the open clubface...what lofts will these be available in??[/quote]

It is basically the same as the FT-9 TA, just repackaged and avaiable as an in-stock item, not Tour Authentic. Slightly muffled sound, solid feel...lower flight, as every degree open is 1 degree less of effective loft. It will be available in 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5, with the Aldila VooDoo as the stock shaft, with other shafts avaiable for an upcharge, like all stock clubs.

Robb

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2016709' date='Oct 20 2009, 01:28 PM'][quote name='odshot68' post='2016324' date='Oct 20 2009, 09:10 AM']Is the FT Tour the same driver as the FT9 TA driver? Also, from those who have hit the FT tour driver what is the feel and sound on contact and is the ball flight lower because of the open clubface...what lofts will these be available in??[/quote]

It is basically the same as the FT-9 TA, just repackaged and avaiable as an in-stock item, not Tour Authentic. Slightly muffled sound, solid feel...lower flight, as every degree open is 1 degree less of effective loft. It will be available in 8.5, 9.5 and 10.5, with the Aldila VooDoo as the stock shaft, with other shafts avaiable for an upcharge, like all stock clubs.

Robb
[/quote]

Great thanks...I wish there was a picture of the tops of this club and the tour diablo fairway wood (which I hear they are making a 13,15, and 18 degree in). Sounds like my bag setup for 2010 with Diamana Blueboard 73S in Driver 10.5 degree and 15 degree tour fairway wood with Diamana Blueboard 83S in 15 degree loft. It would be great to pick up a tour 5 wood as well..not many of these even made now ...I need pics from the top looking down at it..

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='1951390' date='Sep 15 2009, 01:18 AM']mxer581[b],[/b] The Diablo Edge will be offered in a regular version with S2H2 and a Tour model with a hosel. It appears from what my Rep wrote that it will not be T.A. My Rep's words:

[color="#0000ff"]You will all immediately love the Tour version, which sits like a champ and doesn't disappoint in performance. The thinnest titanium driver we've ever made, this thing is a steal for the price. They actually take the titanium, roll it into a long sheet, and stamp out 4 separate pieces which are in turn fused together to make this club remarkably thin. Ask our competitors if they cast their titanium drivers. If they answer yes, it cannot perform as well as this club, period. This will be your work horse in 2010. Aldila "Habanero" is the stock shaft[/color][/quote]
Hmmm, sounds promising... :idhitit:

**testing several drivers right now** 😉
Adams XTD Ti Fairway Woods, 15* and 18* with **testing** X-Stiff Shafts
Adams XTD Ti Hybrid, 20* (set to 21*) with **testing** X-Stiff Hybrid Shaft
Adams CMB Irons, 4-PW with KBS Tour FLT Black 120 Stiff Shafts
TaylorMade Milled Grind Wedges, 52-12* (bent to 54*) and 58-12* (bent to 60*) with KBS Tour 125 Black Wedge Shafts

Odyssey O-Works Black #7 Tank, 36" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

backup: STX Sync Series 8 Putter (Red Face Insert), 35" with SuperStroke Mid Slim 2.0 CounterCore Grip

I agree why are we going backwards with the game! Maybe just Maybe we have taken it to far with the grooves but it is what it is and lets just leave it where it is and play golf. I was able to hit my wedge out of the rough and stop the ball on a dime way before we have the grooves that we have now and that was at least 10 years ago.

To answer a question above yes the jaws wedges have it all, they are even better than last years. This years you can get the C grind and Mac daddy on almost every wedge they make not just the select few lofts with certain bounces. The Nike Vr wedge has the most spin of any wedge I have ever played and I have played the Callaway , Cleveland and TM in the past year and the Nike is by far the best wedge for Spin, Control and feel. BUT, I have heard some great things about these new Cally wedges. I stepped back from the cally wedges because I could not get the MD with C grind in all the lofts. If I was bound to play 14 Nike clubs I would play the new TM Wedges just because I could change the grooves every time I play in a Tournament. They dont have the feel of the Vr wedges but they are close enough . Everyone needs to have interchangeable grooves. Its going to make my game a notch better.

For those interested in 2 piece cast vs. 4 piece forged drivers, here's a bit from Tom Wishon:

"Inv casting Pros
1) less welding involved so potentially less chance for weld line failure down the road with heavy use.
2) Easier to make the head with intricate features such as weight chambers on the outside of the head

Inv Casting Cons
1) More difficult to almost impossible to create the driver head with variable thickness body walls to offer the designer more chance to vary the CG and MOI of the head.
2) Potentially less body strength - casting leaves the titanium in a more disoriented grain structure and even though post cast heat treatment can re orient the grain structure, the end result is typically not as strong as with a 4-pc head because the sheet titanium from which the 4-pc heads are made start out with a better grain structure
3) more difficult to create a good variable thickness face for good off center hit performance. The face plate that is welded on to an Inv cast Ti driver head is typically smaller with the welding lines located on the face surface instead of at the very edges of the face to the body. A smaller face area means more difficulty in making the off center areas of the face flex inward as much as when the face can be edge welded to the body.

4-Piece Pros
1) Easier to create the head body with variable wall thickness for a wider range in CG and MOI.
2) Easier to design a higher performance variable thickness face because the faces are edge welded to the head body
3) Typically better overall titanium grain structure for better body durability

4-piece Cons
1) More welding to put the head together since the head is made from 4 separate pieces. However, if the welding is done properly with full control to prevent oxidation of the weldment and to make the welding lines consistent for weldment thickness, this is not an issue "

[quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2008864' date='Oct 15 2009, 07:38 PM']If they come out in April/May, the will have conforming grooves on them...that is the reason for the early release of the Jaws, to have the good grooves in them...
Robb[/quote]
The Jaws wedges do not and will not have the new grooves. Manufacturers are allowed to produce existing clubs and exhaust inventory until the end of 2010.

[quote name='CallawayOnly' post='2022111' date='Oct 23 2009, 07:18 AM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2008864' date='Oct 15 2009, 07:38 PM']If they come out in April/May, the will have conforming grooves on them...that is the reason for the early release of the Jaws, to have the good grooves in them...
Robb[/quote]
The Jaws wedges do not and will not have the new grooves. Manufacturers are allowed to produce existing clubs and exhaust inventory until the end of 2010.
[/quote]

You're correct...my mistake. Manufacturers can produce clubs with "old" grooves until December 31, 2010...

Robb

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' post='2007576' date='Oct 15 2009, 04:00 AM'][quote name='Mongo26 ' post='2007457' date='Oct 15 2009, 01:25 AM'][quote name='Robbkingsley' post='2003053' date='Oct 12 2009, 09:47 PM'][quote name='txag96' post='2003027' date='Oct 13 2009, 12:27 AM']Robb,

Robb
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone know if there will be a 50* wedge?

Callaway GBB Driver
Callaway GBB 5 wood
TM Aeroburner 5 hybrids
Ping Anser irons 6-PW
Ping I20 UWTI, SW
Callaway MD PM 58, 64
Ping Ketch mid heavy
Callaway Supersoft, Bridgestone extrasoft

2010 for callaway is going to be a good year. I got to hit the FT-iz, FT-iz fairway wood, and the FT-iz hybrid. The driver itself was very forgiving and almost too big for my liking. The wood was very nice, but the hybrid was amazing. The rep that was there told me that the ft-iz hybrid was desinged similarly to Mickelson's prototype hybrid he is using right now. I also got to hit the Diablo edge tour fairway. Huge improvement over the diablo wood that I have now. It does not have those weird swoop lines and it has a hosle. Very easy to hit off fairway and very long aswell. The diablo forged irons were very nice. Thin enough to work it, but very forgiving. The FT-Tour, which by the way is 440 cc, where as the FT-9 TA is 420cc, was the high light of the day. Much much better looking than the FT-9 tour. Ball flight was amazing and the hosle is a very nice improvment over the baby plastic furrel. The rep really didnt say much about the shaft options, but he did mention that there will be 4 stock shaft options. The several FT-Tours that I hit had a Voodoo shafts. I asked if one of the shafts would be the fubuki, and he said it would be awhile before they knew.

I'm stoked.. I get to hit all the new callaway woods tomorrow...local rep! I am already planning for 2010...

TaylorMade TP5