Callaway 2010 Pictures

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love to try FTiz driver, fw, and diablo forged. These look great. My handycap is 4. I know alot of people think they are pro or something but I tell you what I use the most game improvement clubs and take their money. People always complain that my handycap should be lower. I tell you what most of you think these are ugly and think you are better than you actually are, good, come and play with me. I'll take your money all day, every day. :partytime2:

Im sorry but I don't understand how callaway are supposedly the #1 irons in golf, there irons all are so ugly with bulky soles I think callaway focuses too much on forgiveness then focussing on players irons. They have only 2 irons that don't look so bulky and forgiving that is the X-forged and the X-22 tour which sort of look ok.
I don't know if its just me but I think there irons are over-rated and for game improving players. I think there strong points are probably their woods.
Does anyone feel the same?

Im sorry but I don't understand how callaway are supposedly the #1 irons in golf, there irons all are so ugly with bulky soles I think callaway focuses too much on forgiveness then focussing on players irons. They have only 2 irons that don't look so bulky and forgiving that is the X-forged and the X-22 tour which sort of look ok.

I don't know if its just me but I think there irons are over-rated and for game improving players. I think there strong points are probably their woods.

Does anyone feel the same?

The X-Protos look pretty good to me ;)

x_proto_irons_LG.jpg

[quote name='hyolee' post='1966626' date='Sep 22 2009, 09:29 PM']I love to try FTiz driver, fw, and diablo forged. These look great. My handycap is 4. I know alot of people think they are pro or something but I tell you what I use the most game improvement clubs and take their money. People always complain that my handycap should be lower. I tell you what most of you think these are ugly and think you are better than you actually are, good, come and play with me. [b]I'll take your money all day, every day[/b]. :partytime2:[/quote]

hahaha...really? Not with a 4 handicap you won't.

TSR3 8 Tour AD UB 6

TSR2+ 14.5 Tour AD CQ 7

TSR2 21 Tour AD DI 85

U505 4 Tour AD DI 95

T200 5-6 Steelfiber i110

T150 7-GW Steelfiber i110
Vokey SM10 54F/60M Steelfiber i110
Scotty Cameron Timeless TT Circle T

Pro V1

Rooni is spot on. I spend all of May and June sitting on practice tees at clubs in the area and you do realize after the first few, that most golfers are not good and need all the help they can get. I have so many people come and ask for x-22's and Big Bertha irons, yet there may be 1 player at most that are seriously interested in X-Forged. Though I have a hard time looking at bigger irons and wont play them myself, I really do think irons that get the ball in the air and are more forgiving will help the player enjoy the game more. That is why many of us play golf, to enjoy the game.

[quote name='hyolee' post='1966626' date='Sep 22 2009, 08:29 PM']I love to try FTiz driver, fw, and diablo forged. These look great. My handycap is 4. I know alot of people think they are pro or something but I tell you what I use the most game improvement clubs and take their money. People always complain that my handycap should be lower. I tell you what most of you think these are ugly and think you are better than you actually are, good, come and play with me. I'll take your money all day, every day. :partytime2:[/quote]
:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

With the exception of the FT Tour... not a very inspiring lineup as far as I'm concerned.

D - Tour Burner TP 9.5*/Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 63g 

3W - 07 Burner TP TS/Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 73g

2h - Razr Tour/Aldila NV Hybrid 85

3h - Diablo Edge Tour/Motore Speeder Tour Spec 9.8 HB

5-7 - P790/KBS C-Taper 120

8-PW - P770/KBS C-Taper 120

50* - Nike Engage 

54* - Nike VR Forged 

60* - Nike VR Forged

P - Nike Method Origin B2-01 Naked

I'm like most others here..... I want to hit that FT-9 Tour tour issued of course. I'm glad to see Cally adding the players clubs to their list of production clubs the last few years, because years ago unless you played a Bobby Jones or the Freddy S2H2 fairways the rest looked like shovels to me. I'm happy with the Proto's I'm playing now and the Xforged before that. I hope they continue to make clubs for the lower handicap player! Great Job Cally!!!! OH yeah thanks Roger for making those New wedges they look sweet!

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='rebby' post='1958460' date='Sep 18 2009, 09:23 AM'][quote name='Big Ben' post='1957527' date='Sep 17 2009, 06:27 PM']It's open because it's the TOUR model, I'm so fired up for this driver....BB[/quote]

I do understand that, don't get me wrong. Drop to the consumer model and you get a closed face though. They (Callaway) do not offer a single model that is square any longer. They keep cracking the face more and more open (or closed) too. The current FT-9 Tour is 1' open, the new FT is 1.5' open. What's next?

Maybe I'm overreacting? After all, I'm sure the tolerance is +/- at least 1' anyway and I have no major issues with my current FT-9 Tour. Additionally, I'm sure that they did extensive R&D on this model, maybe 1.5' open is the sweet spot? I don't know. I'm still pretty pumped about giving this new driver a try and will try to hold final judgment until hitting it. ;)
[/quote]
I totally understand; factor the 1.5* open and a 10.5* driver is really more like 9.3*....hurts me too! BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

[quote name='GatorBait' post='1955565' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:39 PM'][quote name='SPY ZINGER' post='1955516' date='Sep 16 2009, 10:16 PM'][quote name='klj' post='1952918' date='Sep 15 2009, 06:19 PM']will i-mix be an option for the new FT-iz driver? thx[/quote]
All 2010 FT heads will be available in i-Mix. So, YES! :partytime2:
[/quote]

Not all of them will be. Anything that has a hosel will not be available in i-mix. It's not possible.
[/quote]
so the ft tour wont come in i mix

Let's start from the most expensive and work down. Tha FT Tour is the EXACT driver on tour now. It is 1.5* open with a high CG position for a more penetrating ball flight. It also HAS A HOSEL. Should retail around $499. For all those Callaway haters, this club is the bomb and you will love it. The next driver, is the FT IZ and FT IZ TOUR. This club is sick. It is much longer (10-15yards) than the FT5 or FT9 with the straightness of the FTI or FTIQ. It also will increase your clubhead speed between 2 and 5 MPH, due to the decrease in the drag coefficient of 460cc heads. It was designed using a wind tunnel. The FT IZ has a closed face and the FT IZ TOUR has an open face. But best yet, it should retail around $399. Lastly, but far from cheaply, is the NEW Diablo EDGE series. Both drivers have titanium heads with the new Aldila Habanero shaft. The standard EDGE has a closed face and is shaped to be approximately the same size from heel to toe as face to rear. The EDGE Tour is smaller than 460cc and has a traditional head design, similar to the Titleist D3.This club really sets up beautifully, like my Titleist D2 but smaller. Will retail for $299. Last years Diablo will also be available and will retail for $199. All the drivers are 45 inches in length, but customization is available.
There will also be new FT fairway woods, Diablo fairway woods and Diablo hybrids.
While I'm at it. The new Diablo EDGE irons come in two versions: cast and forged. The cast has a thick topline, wide sole and moderate offset. They are EXTREMELY LONG and FORGIVING. Diablo hybrids can be substituted for the long irons at no additional cost which should accommadate all golfers needs and help them fly off the shelves. The forged /TOUR version is reminiscent of the X forged of 2006. Forged Carpenter steel face and a forged 1020 steel body. Very similar offset, topline width, and sole width as the X22 tours. They come stock with Nippon Shafts. Both have slightly stronger lofts to compensate for the deep CG positions.
Lastly, the NEW JAWS wedges are awesome. They come in two finishes, Black and Chrome. The have smaller, more rounded heads and are designed like the tour prototype irons. That will raise the CG for better flight control. They also have Mack Daddy grooves, C-grinds, smaller soles and 1 more degree of bounce(compared to the current x forged wedges), and are forged. Roger Cleveland can really design a wedge!!!!!
That's all from Callaway town

geez i am sick of colors and medallions on the cally clubs! i love the clubs to death but please make a set of nice irons that are just chrome/black!!!!! those diablos look nice but also look like a stop sign on a shaft!!

Taylor Made M4 Project X HAZRDS
Ping I20 5-pw
Ping Eye 2+ BECU 3,4 iron
Titleist Vokey SM6 54,60
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red putter
Titleist 917f 3 wood

Being a callaway fan myself, I am kind of glad they did not go with any gimmicks like weights or wrenches. Seems like everyone these days is cranking around on their clubs on the range(and some being naughty on the course), so it seems nice that callaway would stray away from this tinker toy type of golf. I do think they should keep the i-mix though just because it makes things so easy to try without having to sacrifice the entire club to do so. I would like to have seen the i-mix in a fairway wood as well if possible. I wonder if they will come up with a new forged Proto for Phil, Ernie, and the lot next season?

our callaway rep came by the other day with all of these items. The stock shaft for the ft tour is the voodoo. the stock shaft for the diablo edge is the aldila habenero from there new line. They also have the white ice series of putters and a new black series tour designs which is a completely milled all black head with the tungsten weighting.

I hit all this stuff this week. Everything performed really well. The FT Tour was surprisingly easier to hit than I thought. The biggest surprise was the FT-iz. That thing was awesome. I never saw a ball jump off the face like it did with that club. The one I hit had a tour clock ferrule on it to open it up. The Diablo irons were very forgiving. The forged ones had great feel and were also pretty forgiving. The Diablo tour driver was the club I was most excited to try, but ended up having the worst performance for me. It looks great, but I just didn't hit it well. The wedges looked great and had a really nice grind on them, but I like the look of the current ones better. Callaway really does have a nice line-up for this coming year.

[quote name='hyolee' post='1966626' date='Sep 22 2009, 08:29 PM']I love to try FTiz driver, fw, and diablo forged. These look great. My handycap is 4. I know alot of people think they are pro or something but I tell you what I use the most game improvement clubs and take their money. People always complain that my handycap should be lower. I tell you what most of you think these are ugly and think you are better than you actually are, good, come and play with me. I'll take your money all day, every day. :partytime2:[/quote]

I was going to say that it all looks like typical Toy Town junk, but after hyolee's assault upon my reasoning and my fitness to pass judgement, I'll perhaps not bother. Off 4 and with that much confidence before we even tee it up, I know when I'm beaten.

Crikey. I've been struck dumb.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal