2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

JUNIOR WHAT DID YOU SHOOT THREAD

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i shot my lowest round today in my clubs junior club championship, but i will get the bad stuff out the way first. this morning i shot 85, shocking i know but i was only 4 off the lead, weather was extremely bad. heavy rainful and very strong wind. in the afternoon though it calmed down and my game just clicked. i holed more putts than ever, i was 33 out and was 2 under after 16 then finished 1 over par, my best holes were the 9th and 14th. 9th is 490yds par 4 and the 14th is 469 also par 4, birdied them both the 9th was a tap in as well. disapointed i didnt shoot under but 73 is my best compitition score and i won the club championship. i won by 3 shots in the end

72 today!! 38-34! 2 bogeys on the front, 2 birdies on the back. I even hit a par 5 in 2 (my first ever from the men's tees- occasionally we play the women's tees for an ego boost lol) and only had about 10 feet for eagle. Just slipped by the hole though- managed to tap in for birdie- first time I've ever been disappointed with a birdie lol. That was on 15, and that bird got me back to even and I held on for the last 3 holes to stay at even. If only I could always play like that. I probably should have shot about 74 or 75 (playing with a cheater and he just gave me a bunch of long gimmies and mulligans), but even that would be a great score for me. (handicap is 5.7, but with that it's probably going down)

Well ok, I was playing match play with him and he took mulligans and 4 foot gimmies and fluffed up his ball and everything, and he said I could do the same, and I was getting beaten by him so when I was gonna lose, I used a mulligan. I used 2, so I figure that without them, I would have shot about 2-3 shots higher. I regret taking them, but I was never gonna win because the guy cheats, and whenever you tell him, he just says w/e, it doesn't matter. We were playing for some money too, so I didn't want to have to pay him since he would only win by cheating. I regret doing them because now my score isn't an actual score and won't count towards anything. I dunno, I guess it's pretty stupid, but w/e, I don't play like that ever other than today. :cheesy: I don't ever wanna play like that again though, I'd rather have an honest 74-75 than a 72 how I did it. I honestly don't know how people can do that and count them as actual scores. I know it's not an actual 72.

Your only cheating yourself if you enter this round in for a handicap score. If you play a guy for money and use handicaps all your doing is casting yourself strokes. Idk who your playing you should never take mulligans or gimmies if your going to put your score in for your handicap

Oh and for the Thread:

Torrey Pines South- White Tee's

6885 and im not sure about the slpoe and rating

6/14 fariways

8/18 greens

34 putts(19-15.......3 3 putts)

3 doubles and 1 quad haha

85 in the end

72 today!! 38-34! 2 bogeys on the front, 2 birdies on the back. I even hit a par 5 in 2 (my first ever from the men's tees- occasionally we play the women's tees for an ego boost lol) and only had about 10 feet for eagle. Just slipped by the hole though- managed to tap in for birdie- first time I've ever been disappointed with a birdie lol. That was on 15, and that bird got me back to even and I held on for the last 3 holes to stay at even. If only I could always play like that. I probably should have shot about 74 or 75 (playing with a cheater and he just gave me a bunch of long gimmies and mulligans), but even that would be a great score for me. (handicap is 5.7, but with that it's probably going down)

Well ok, I was playing match play with him and he took mulligans and 4 foot gimmies and fluffed up his ball and everything, and he said I could do the same, and I was getting beaten by him so when I was gonna lose, I used a mulligan. I used 2, so I figure that without them, I would have shot about 2-3 shots higher. I regret taking them, but I was never gonna win because the guy cheats, and whenever you tell him, he just says w/e, it doesn't matter. We were playing for some money too, so I didn't want to have to pay him since he would only win by cheating. I regret doing them because now my score isn't an actual score and won't count towards anything. I dunno, I guess it's pretty stupid, but w/e, I don't play like that ever other than today. :cheesy: I don't ever wanna play like that again though, I'd rather have an honest 74-75 than a 72 how I did it. I honestly don't know how people can do that and count them as actual scores. I know it's not an actual 72.

Your only cheating yourself if you enter this round in for a handicap score. If you play a guy for money and use handicaps all your doing is casting yourself strokes. Idk who your playing you should never take mulligans or gimmies if your going to put your score in for your handicap

Oh and for the Thread:

Torrey Pines South- White Tee's

6885 and im not sure about the slpoe and rating

6/14 fariways

8/18 greens

34 putts(19-15.......3 3 putts)

3 doubles and 1 quad haha

85 in the end ( But i earned my 85)

75 (+3). 3 birdies, 3 pars and 3 bogeys on front 9. 6 pars and 3 bogeys on back 9 (all 3 of which were 3-jacks)!! Thought I might be on for shooting my first level par round

PS. I have just joined a new course and my handicap isn't really correct (too high) as a result. It is much more open (Nick Faldo designed inland links sort of layout). Thought I better just mention that before anyone says level would be quite low for an 8 handicapper or something

Driving Accuracy - 10/14 (71.4%)

GIR - 8/18 (44.4%)

Putts - 34

Sand Saves - 1/1 (100%)

Up & Downs - 5/11 (45.5%)

5 4 3 4 5 4 3 4 4 36 4 3 5 4 4 4 5 3 4 36 72 Par

5 6 4 4 5 4 3 4 5 40 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 4 39 79 Me

2 3 3 1 2 1 2 2 2 18 2 3 2 2 2 1 2 1 1 16 34 Putts

dude...this is me...like every round! id say i hit the same amount of fairways, maybe a few more greens, but not always...and just putt awful

Driving Accuracy - 10/14 (71.4%)

GIR - 8/18 (44.4%)

Putts - 34

Sand Saves - 1/1 (100%)

Up & Downs - 5/11 (45.5%)

5 4 3 4 5 4 3 4 4 36 4 3 5 4 4 4 5 3 4 36 72 Par

5 6 4 4 5 4 3 4 5 40 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 4 39 79 Me

2 3 3 1 2 1 2 2 2 18 2 3 2 2 2 1 2 1 1 16 34 Putts

Thats not alot of greens for that many fairways. Iron trouble?

89 two days ago in the Millar Cup. I absolutely hacked. 8 chunked wedges, miserable weather, and my supposedly waterproof shoes were soaked (excuses excuses). To top it off, my score was used. I beat one other team member who shot 90. Our team's scores that day were 74, 87, 89, 90. Yikes. We played good. :idhitit:

Then I go and shoot 73 on this new course, Langbridge from the back tees (although some of the tees weren't built yet, so it played only about 6100 yds. It's a really nice track, I think. The greens are really slow and bumpy, but I'm pretty sure they're gonna be way better next year.

I'm trying to learn how to play a higher ball now. My flight pattern is really low, which doesn't bode well for most courses, excluding the Millar Cup place, since a 10 foot chip shot made a ball mark.

Shot 74 (37-37) today. Par 71 (36-35). Played pretty good. 4 bogeys, 1 birdie. I hit the ball great but didn't make any putts.

Course-4 3 4 4 5 4 3 4 5-36 4 4 3 4 4 5 4 3 4-35 71

Me------4 4 4 4 5 4 2 4 5-37 5 4 3 5 4 5 4 3 4-37 74

31 putts!!! That's really bad considering I hit 11/18 greens but like 4/7 I didn't hit were on the fringe and those aren't included in the putts either.

Just played A quick 9 holes with a friend. Did not putt very good at all. Shot a 1 over par 37. 8 pars, one bogey. Here are my stats.

GIR: 9/9

FW: 5/7

Putts: 19 :idhitit:

Ups and Downs: 0 haha

One 3 putt from about 8 feet, easiest putt in the world to. Ever had one of those putts where you just lose your concentration for that split second when putting? Thats what happend.

Got a school tourney tomorrow so it is nice to know i am striking the ball well.

Wll had my school tourney and i shot my worst round of the year :cheesy:

95!! The course not in great shape. It was 40km/h winds, but that was no excuse at all. I just plain was not hitting the ball well. The wind was a good wind so most of the holes it was helping or did not make a huge difference.

I couldn't hit a drive and i could not putt. Irons were solid when i got the ball around the fairway, but either than that it was horrid. The greens were hard to get the speed and i had atleast 5 putts missed from 4 feet :D I had 3 of the ugliest horse shoe lip outs in the world from 10, 12 and about 8 feet. Bunkers were just as bad. First buker, hit the lip, comes back into bunker, 2nd bunker double hit it, 3rd bunker barely got out and 4th i almost holed out so it was alright. I should have have been in 2 of those bunkers anyways, just bad plays by myself. The other time i had absolutley not clue it was even there and the other i hit a cart path sign and it kicked into the bunker, but thats golf.

My team qualified for districts where we are defending champs so if i practice up tomorrow hopefully i can bring my game back to the level it should be at.

On a side note my TP Mills putter came in yesterday and i took off the finish and paintfilled it red and white. It is at the course right now getting chopped down, adding a "Canada" winn grip and getting lead tape put on it. I was putting great with it when i tried it and the feel is amazing. I thought about taking this to the tournament today, but figured it would only hurt me if i did not feel comfortable with the putter.

coming home and trying it out i definetley know there is nothing but good things coming from it.

Just counted up my putts for the day, a whopping 40. That has got to be a record. One 1 putt. :D

Played in a district golf tournament today for our school. Top 2 get to provincials, best team goes to provincials.

Worst golf weather i have ever played in. When we got to the course it was freezing rain, windy and very cold. It warmed up to 5*C for the high so the frezzing rain turned to pouring the whole day and it was 35 km/h winds and i don't know about the gusts but they were definetley 45km/h. It was ridiculous.

Honestly i struck the ball very, very well. I shot 84 to come in 3rd out of 52 golfers i beleive, which i was happy with. My team came in 2nd which kind of sucked considering my buddy came first and i came 3rd and our girl came in 3rd and our worst player finished one stroke ahead of the player that was the top player on the team that beat us some how. They do the calculations really weird. Basically, you take the the best scores from each hole and eliminate the worst. They must have gotten very lucky and had the holes work out right for them. That sucked. The greens were just horrid. I had 38 putts :cheesy: I guess it has poured for the last 3 days so they have not got to cut for the past 2 days and did not cut them today, so they were soaked, shaggy and there was earth worms crawling up from them. It was basically a joke. I chipped awesome, hit the ball pure all day and was pretty accurate. Never hit one driver the whole day which i think at certain points was a mistake. But i picked out a game plan and stuck to it all day which i was proud of myself for. . I honestly think for the weather the way it was it was probably up there for one of my best rounds of the year, not score wise but just the way i played overall and considering the conditions. Kinda choked that i missed goin to provincials by 1 in both team and singles, but thats how it goes i guess. Probably not going to play alot more golf this year. Hockey is started and it is just not fun golfing in bad wweather.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Went out and played a round with some buddies at the club today. tossed up a tidy 68 (-4). 4 Birdies no bogeys.

goose

PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

went out with my dad

I shot a 70(-2) One Bogey,3 birdies.

[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Bridgestone J33R 460 9.5* - Aldila Voodoo XNV6[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]TEE XCG6 15* - Testing [/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 18* - Aldila NV 105-X[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Ping Rapture 24* - Project X 6.5[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Cobra '08 Pro CB Forged 5-PW - Project X 6.5 (Satin)[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Vokey SM 50* and 54* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Callaway X-Tour Forged PM Grind 58* - DG S400[/size][/font]
[font=times new roman,times,serif][size=3]Seemore M1 Milled[/size][/font]

• 1 month later...