Push Carts - Average age of owner?

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started using one part time at 35 just before my last knee surgery. Now 40 and use my Clicgear most of the time. I prefer to walk and the push cart really saves my upper back and knees. It took a little getting used to but love it now.

Ping 425 Max 10.5* Hzrdus Black Gen 4 6.0

Cobra Rad Tour 17.5* Hzrdus RDX Blue 6.0

Cobra Rad Hyb 21*, 24* Hzrdus RDX Black 6.0

Bridgestone J15CB 5-P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S

Vokey SM7 50* 

Vokey SM10 54/S

Vokey SM9 60/D

Scotty Select Newport 2

OP,

Go demo a ClicGear....once you see the amount of tech going into these products, how easy they are to push, and how sporty they are becoming you'll swallow your pride easily...with out a chaser:--)

I don't own one...but the 3.0 (white) is on the top of my list of things to buy...regarding golf equipment that I might actually "need"....as I approach 40 (32 now)...to ensure I can play this game the rest of my life.

913D3 - Diamana D+ 72x
910Fd - Motore Sp. VC 8.2x
712CB - KBS Tour S+
SM4 - KBS Tour S
2014 Fastback
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

OK did a little experiment the last 2 days. Used my bag boy cart and pushed for 9 holes then carried my hoofer c-1 for 9, same course same holes. Call me crazy but I felt it was easier to carry than it was to push. I think I'm going to stick to carrying for a while.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

Just turned 31 last month. I have had back/neck issues since being a teen. Grew up on a farm and it took its toll. I don't have many issues carrying my 4 Under ping bag, but I figure life will just be easier with a cart. I am a cop and will go golfing after my last night working (get off at 6am) and usually I am sore from 10 hours in the car/wearing the duty belt.
I did my homework and went with a Clicgear 3.0. I cant want to get it! I took advantage of the 15% off/free shipping at intheholegolf.com. $169.15 dollars seemed like too good a deal to pass up.

I think walking here in Florida in the summer will be a lot better with a cart also.

TM SLDR 460 set to 10.5° 70g Aldila VS Proto 44"
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 14.5° & 19°
Maltby KE4 Tour 22° Hybrid
PING G25 4-UW CFS
Maltby M-Series+ 54° and sometimes 58°
Odyssey White Ice #7 37" counter balanced and a SpryEvo TeCu insert
WS FG Tour(2014) or ProV1x

Im 32 and use a push cart because its easier on my back. Im an auto worker, so I stress my back all week long building cars and the last thing that I would do is furthur put strain on my back by trying to carry my clubs.
If others want to carry their clubs because it makes them feel like a man, good for them. I hope those same people remember that someday when they screw up their back and cant play golf anymore.

Ive had one for four years now and haven't used it once! I'm going to wash the dust off it and start walking. It's time to lose some weight, excersise and get my game back in order

Titleist TSi3 Oban Devotion 04
Titleist 910F UST Mamiya Black

Titleist 910H UST Mamiya Red
Mizuno MP-68 4-W KBS C Taper Stiff+
Mizuno MP T-11 52,56,60 KBS Custom Stiff
Ping Kushin 4
Titleist Pro V1

Everything is fine until I see two circumstances,

1. A golfer in perfectly fine body shape/condition using carts for 9 holes. Ridiculous.

2. Young folks using motorized push carts. Looks just as bad as a teenager driving mom's Lexus.

I give a lot of respect when I see folks over 35 carrying whether its for 9 or 18.
I'm 28, and I consistently go jogging to keep up my stamina and maintain good shape.
It still isn't easy to carrying 14 clubs and walk for thousands of yards.
It won't drain me, but it does make me extra tired at the end of the day.

[quote name='shGGman' timestamp='1342356226' post='5278698']
Everything is fine until I see two circumstances,

1. A golfer in perfectly fine body shape/condition using carts for 9 holes. Ridiculous.

2. Young folks using motorized push carts. Looks just as bad as a teenager driving mom's Lexus.

I give a lot of respect when I see folks over 35 carrying whether its for 9 or 18.
I'm 28, and I consistently go jogging to keep up my stamina and maintain good shape.
It still isn't easy to carrying 14 clubs and walk for thousands of yards.
It won't drain me, but it does make me extra tired at the end of the day.
[/quote] If you see me using a cart for 9 holes know that I just got done working 10 hours on the night shift and decided to get 9 in before bed. In other words don't judge anyone because you don't know their background. Nothing personal against you, life is just easier when you don't concern yourself with stuff out of your control.

PING G25 4-UW CFS

[quote name='Agent Jim' timestamp='1342357216' post='5278746']
If you see me using a cart for 9 holes know that I just got done working 10 hours on the night shift and decided to get 9 in before bed. In other words don't judge anyone because you don't know their background. Nothing personal against you, life is just easier when you don't concern yourself with stuff out of your control.
[/quote]

Not judging at all. I did clearly mention in my sentence "perfectly fine body shape or **condition". How can I even possible know this? Well, it usually only replies to people I know. The ones that I'm at least somewhat close enough to know that they are perfectly fine in terms of body shape or condition for the day. You should never judge anyone you have no idea about. It could be they are recovering from back surgery, or extreme hours of work (like your case), or maybe even just going through emotional pain and trying to ease it out with golf. But when you see someone who is capable of spending hours on running machine is using carts just for 9 holes, it is ridiculous to me. period.

Personally, i think if you had 10 hours of night shift work, you should be resting at home and save the round for the weekends. Though, I know that is extremely tough when you want to golf. Emmmm.. I definitely know that feeling.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='shGGman' timestamp='1342358548' post='5278816']
[quote name='Agent Jim' timestamp='1342357216' post='5278746']
If you see me using a cart for 9 holes know that I just got done working 10 hours on the night shift and decided to get 9 in before bed. In other words don't judge anyone because you don't know their background. Nothing personal against you, life is just easier when you don't concern yourself with stuff out of your control.
[/quote]

Not judging at all. I did clearly mention in my sentence "perfectly fine body shape or **condition". How can I even possible know this? Well, it usually only replies to people I know. The ones that I'm at least somewhat close enough to know that they are perfectly fine in terms of body shape or condition for the day. You should never judge anyone you have no idea about. It could be they are recovering from back surgery, or extreme hours of work (like your case), or maybe even just going through emotional pain and trying to ease it out with golf. But when you see someone who is capable of spending hours on running machine is using carts just for 9 holes, it is ridiculous to me. period.

Personally, i think if you had 10 hours of night shift work, you should be resting at home and save the round for the weekends. Though, I know that is extremely tough when you want to golf. Emmmm.. I definitely know that feeling.
[/quote] Well the guys that played today on tour seem perfectly capable of carrying their own bag for 18 holes, but they have a caddy. Your reasoning is a bit flawed. But to each his own, you can have your feelings. I for one don't care if a guy I am playing with is carrying, carting or dragging their bag on the ground around the course. I'm out there to enjoy my round, unless someone is directly affecting that, I couldn't care less.
As for golfing after 10 hours of work, that is when my weekend starts. And I really enjoy my peaceful Sunday mornings on the course.
I don't post scores and I only play for recreation, so it doesn't make sense to make that anymore difficult then it already is. Golf is not the same game for everyone, and I think more guys need to realize that fact. I enjoy my round pushing my cart, and if that rubs you the wrong way its entirely your problem.

PING G25 4-UW CFS

[quote name='Agent Jim' timestamp='1344206714' post='5411604']
Well the guys that played today on tour seem perfectly capable of carrying their own bag for 18 holes, but they have a caddy. Your reasoning is a bit flawed. But to each his own, you can have your feelings. I for one don't care if a guy I am playing with is carrying, carting or dragging their bag on the ground around the course. I'm out there to enjoy my round, unless someone is directly affecting that, I couldn't care less.
As for golfing after 10 hours of work, that is when my weekend starts. And I really enjoy my peaceful Sunday mornings on the course.
I don't post scores and I only play for recreation, so it doesn't make sense to make that anymore difficult then it already is. Golf is not the same game for everyone, and I think more guys need to realize that fact. I enjoy my round pushing my cart, and if that rubs you the wrong way its entirely your problem.
[/quote]

Different opinions, different strokes, different people. My theory is not flawed, and your thoughts are not wrong. I respect your opinion, thus, I gave my honest explanation. If you have to take an effort to argue back to my post, it just tells me you are the one actually worrying about how people look at you when you use carts when you say you are careless 'em. Everyone has different opinions, and just because it isn't your cup of tea, it doesn't mean it is flawed. Now, see who is judging.

Not at all, I don't care what people think about me. I even post pictures of my cart. And I play some ugly clubs also; FT-iQ, Odyssey #7 and not so ugly but SGI Wilson Di-11's.

IMG_20120722_074049.jpg

PING G25 4-UW CFS

I gotta say this thread really did help me with a decision I've been struggling with over the last month. I'm in good shape (6'2 and 190 lbs) at 31 years old but suffer with shoulder pain due to my career as a railroader. Some bad timing with some warranty work on my 2011 Taylormade TMX bag, I've been told they cannot replace my bag with a current version because they're totally sold out... so I've been researching what type of bag to buy and the idea of a push cart / hybrid bag is proving very hard to ignore... I just might get myself a set up targetting towards carting ;] ... now to figure out which bag/carts work well together.. Thanks!

TM R11s -9deg - Proforce V2 - x stiff
TM R11s 3w - 15.5deg Stock stiff rip
TM TP Rescue 4 - 21deg x stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 - KBS Tour x stiff
Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grinds
Titleist 2014 Select Fastback - 34"

I'm 62 and work 2 jobs, I still carry from time to time. I have 2 Izzos and they invented the dual strap (good on'em). My main rig is a Bennington QO-12, for those that don't know the bag, this thing is the steamer trunk of golf bags. This thing is great and it sits very nicely on my Clicgear 3 that I have owned for a year now. After parking the truck up and then driving to the course the cart makes 18 holes a heck of a lot easier.

[quote name='airguard' timestamp='1345109729' post='5481286']
I'm 62 and work 2 jobs, I still carry from time to time. I have 2 Izzos and they invented the dual strap (good on'em). My main rig is a Bennington QO-12, for those that don't know the bag, this thing is the steamer trunk of golf bags. This thing is great and it sits very nicely on my Clicgear 3 that I have owned for a year now. After parking the truck up and then driving to the course the cart makes 18 holes a heck of a lot easier.
[/quote]

Saw that herc on skids and thought must be one of the old NSF girls that used to fly to McMurdo/ Scott. Are you getting in any golf around Christchurch, you should have quite a range of courses to have a go at. I used to enjoy some of the small down courses with their $10 honest box green fees, dare say the are $20 these days

What I don't undstand(and apologies if this has been posted in this thread already) is why there is apparently a stigma with guys under XX years using a push cart, but there seems to be no stigma at all with guys of any age riding a cart at any course that doesn't force you to. I'm 37 and when I see guys 15 years younger than me riding around a course I'm walking.....

[quote name='mozgolf' timestamp='1345117027' post='5481458']
[quote name='airguard' timestamp='1345109729' post='5481286']
[/quote]

Saw that herc on skids and thought must be one of the old NSF girls that used to fly to McMurdo/ Scott. Are you getting in any golf around Christchurch, you should have quite a range of courses to have a go at. I used to enjoy some of the small down courses with their $10 honest box green fees, dare say the are $20 these days
[/quote]
3 of the old Navy skibirds were refurbished at Lockheed and are now part for the NYANG 109th, they do both Greenland and Antarctica (been there, done that, even have the Tee shirts). I was part of the 109th for 30 years. With my current job I still need to stay qualified for the ice tho. I now live down here in Chch and yes the golf has "shot up" to $20 and a few places are $25. I belong to a club just north of Chch and our dues are $550 per year, not bad at all. The great part is we play all year round. Yes it's a bit cold in winter but after 10:30 the frost is gone and the course is open. Love it here!

90+% of Aussies have always used push or pullcarts. Are we pussys?
Compare AFL v NFL. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOzQwj4fSE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOzQwj4fSE[/url]
The method of transporting golf clubs has no bearing whatsoever on manliness.
Instead focus on driving distance, ballsy recovery shots, putting for cash or the score you post at the end of the round.

[quote name='MarkMP-58' timestamp='1345468432' post='5502430']
90+% of Aussies have always used push or pullcarts. Are we pussys?
Compare AFL v NFL. [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BOzQwj4fSE[/media]
The method of transporting golf clubs has no bearing whatsoever on manliness.
Instead focus on driving distance, ballsy recovery shots, putting for cash or the score you post at the end of the round.
[/quote]

99.99% of Aussies aren't the guy in the video! :yahoo:

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Driver: Yonex Ezone 380 9*
Fairway: Tour Edge cb5 15*
Hybrid: Tour Edge cb5 19*
Irons: Hogan Ft Worth (15) 21*, 25*, 29*, 33*, 37*, 41*, 45*
Wedges: Hogan TK 49*, 53*, 57*
Putter: 2007 Odyssey Black #1
Bag: PING Hoofer[/font]

• 1 month later...

I'm 41 and have had a SM push cart for 10-12 years.

I don't know which show it was I saw on the Golf Channel, but a gentleman talked about the use of push carts. He said it was really a regional thing with people here in the PNW leading the way. Where I live, you will see more people with push carts than those who carry.