2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Sergio Garcia Issues Ryder Cup Challenge

Golf_Beauty

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy oh Boy you Euros take such offense to people knocking your players. Your right, it is my opinion and I will say whatever I would like about whomever I would like no matter if I know them or not... Is this a bad time to give you my opinion about Seve being a moron????

This isn't about me being a Euro.

I'd say the same if you said Phil Mickleson or Tiger or Vijay or Ernie or...... - well you get the idea - was a moron. You could not possibly know that. Saying something like that makes the person say it look stupid or moronic if you like. Looks like you didn't read the rest of my post either......oh well.

Anyway enough of that already, bring on the Ryder Cup, and the associated bragging rights.

Sergio is an fffiiinggg moron..just a little brat of a butthole whose only claim to fame is the Ryder Cup...hiding behind a team effort to blow his horn. It's an exhibition..moron. The US team generally sucks at the Ryder Cup, if not they would be winning more often than their rankings suggest. Just plain suck at it.

So what if Sergio is right about Tiger's record...thought it was a gentleman's sport? It should be fun to see how he putts to help his team this time...

Sergio is an fffiiinggg moron..just a little brat of a butthole whose only claim to fame is the Ryder Cup...hiding behind a team effort to blow his horn. It's an exhibition..moron. The US team generally sucks at the Ryder Cup, if not they would be winning more often than their rankings suggest. Just plain suck at it.

So what if Sergio is right about Tiger's record...thought it was a gentleman's sport? It should be fun to see how he putts to help his team this time...

As well as being in the Top 10 players in the world, and winning 6 times on the PGA Tour......yeah his only claim to fame is the Ryder Cup.....

And how is the Ryder Cup an exhibition? It's a competition. Between 2 teams. Try telling this year's rookies that it's an exhibition and see what they say. Being a team event, rankings mean a lot less than the combination of the players and the dynamics of the pairings each captain puts out. Which is part of what makes it so interesting.

Maybe you're just sore because the US have such a poor recent record.

sorry to disappoint you..I am from the UK and still find Sergio's comments despicable and moronic. 6 wins on the PGA..let me see what that equates to..pretty darn mediocre compared to his overblown talents.. Hasn't even won a marquee tournament yet..shut your beak..little *****...

and the Ryder Cup is an exhibition for golf....exhibitions can be competitive too..not sure why you can't fathom that...

sorry to disappoint you..I am from the UK and still find Sergio's comments despicable and moronic. 6 wins on the PGA..let me see what that equates to..pretty darn mediocre compared to his overblown talents.. Hasn't even won a marquee tournament yet..shut your beak..little *****...

and the Ryder Cup is an exhibition for golf....exhibitions can be competitive too..not sure why you can't fathom that...

Wow - you really are an angry little person aren't you. How are his comments despicable an moronic? I'd really like to see how you justify those views?

Yes 6 PGA wins. Which is 6 more than a hell of a lot of players. Top 10 in the world. So again higher than almost every single golfer out there. And a winning Ryder Cup record. Which is better than Tiger's. So in respect to the Ryder Cup his comments are are justified.

I can fathom that exhibitions can be competitive. Like John McEnroe v Bjorn Borg these days. It's just that the Ryder Cup is not an exhibition. Period. I'm not sure why you can't fathom that.

Maybe Jose Maria will be "putting out" for Sergio while he hits driver and irons. GO TIGER.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Yes 6 PGA wins. Which is 6 more than a hell of a lot of players. Top 10 in the world. So again higher than almost every single golfer out there. And a winning Ryder Cup record. Which is better than Tiger's. So in respect to the Ryder Cup his comments are are justified.

I can fathom that exhibitions can be competitive. Like John McEnroe v Bjorn Borg these days. It's just that the Ryder Cup is not an exhibition. Period. I'm not sure why you can't fathom that.

are you sipping on Tasmanian devil poop or something? "Higher than almost every single golfer out there"? what's that supposed to mean? makes no sense whatsoever. Ryder Cup is not an exhibition? I think you need to find out how it started and why?

You know, then again the guy's english is not that good, but yours is. So I am a little befuddled with your post..You refuse to see that golf is a gentleman's sport and such trashiness should only be left to us board hoppers..

"Higher than almost every single golfer out there"? what's that supposed to mean? makes no sense whatsoever.

OK I'll simplify it for you. How many golfers play the game? 600,000 ish in NEw Zealand which is over 10% of the population. Add all the other golfers in all the other countries, ok, now take the top 10...which Sergio is in. So, that makes him better than a hell of a lot of players, not some mediocre journeyman.

You refuse to see that golf is a gentleman's sport and such trashiness should only be left to us board hoppers..

No, I know it's a gentleman's sport all right. And I like to play the game that way - hard, but fair. Which is what they do when they compete in the Ryder Cup - even if it was started as an exhibition, it's certainly transcended that now hasn't it?

even if it was started as an exhibition, it's certainly transcended that now hasn't it?

only because the Euro players can't win recent majors and have jumped on the Ryder Cup as an escape from their inability to win one of the four slams. They can only hide so much..

I've amended your post to how it should read. As I'm sure we all remember Europeans winning majors don't we......Lyle, Faldo, Seve, Langer, Jose-Maria, Woosnam, Lawrie...........

And if it wasn't for Tiger the US's list of recent major winners wouldn't be quite as impressive now would it....?? Let me think - Tiger, Phil, Furyk, Curtis and that's about it for recent ones isn't it.

What about the rest of the world..oh yeah Ogilvy, Campbell, Singh, Weir, Els, Goosen. So really the US haven't had it all their own way in the majors - Tiger excepted.

Now back to the topic in hand.

I'd like to see the text of the interview in full to see how the questioner framed the question and in what context it was. I'm pretty sure all he's done is answer a question, the same Tiger would if asked the same.

I am just looking forward to the contest, it should be great. I wonder when Lehman will roll out the rookies? Surely he's got to play them before the singles right? Or will he do a Mark James and leave them stewing on the sidelines (I hope so). Same with Woosie - will he play Karlson etc in the fourballs on Friday or Saturday? My guess is that they'll be more likely to be brought out on Saturday morning and afternoon - but then that probably depends on how the match is balanced. All in all very intriguing.

even if it was started as an exhibition, it's certainly transcended that now hasn't it?

only because the Euro players can't win majors and have jumped on the Ryder Cup as an escape from their inability to win one of the four slams. They can only hide so much..

ouch..that are some harsh words. :cheesy: Even more so because there is a hint of truth there.

I am just looking forward to the contest, it should be great. I wonder when Lehman will roll out the rookies? Surely he's got to play them before the singles right? Or will he do a Mark James and leave them stewing on the sidelines (I hope so). Same with Woosie - will he play Karlson etc in the fourballs on Friday or Saturday? My guess is that they'll be more likely to be brought out on Saturday morning and afternoon - but then that probably depends on how the match is balanced. All in all very intriguing.

Rookies are either great or bust. If you send two rookies out, I think it's better than sending a rookie with a hot player. The reason being, the rookie forgets he has a role to play and starts watching the hot player.

Two rookies out means the attention span is 100% plus.

Still think Woosie has the better team all round rankings aside. The Euro players are very good grinders and tougher. They play all over the world on their tour. It can only build character and toughness. Some of the US players are too soft with all the money they make in a hurry. You can't put a value on the grind of playing the Euro tour. Thailand today, Dubai tomorrow, Qatar, Singapore, Morroco, China, Malaysia...That's demanding...not to mention the cold days on the Isle..

After Tiger kicks his @$$ in a few matches, I'm sure Sergio will have some great excuses -- does anyone whine more about Tiger than Sergio? When will these guys learn it's not a good idea to say anything derogatory about Tiger.

WITB:
Driver: Taylormade Sim Max 10.5*
3 Wood: Titleist 915f 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2 19*
Irons: Titleist 716 CB 4-7; 716 MB 8-P
Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Style

"There's one thing my father taught me growing up playing rugby in New Zealand," Campbell told reporters on Wednesday. "He said to me, 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall'

when did golf get to this? Just a lot of trash talking going around with Tiger. Why can't these guys be a little diplomatic.. if this is the way golf is going, then we are in trouble.

Above was an article on the HSBC and a question posed to Campbo on Tiger...

If this has already been posted, please delete. Thanks.

The war of words has begun.

Most of the golfing world is familiar with Tiger Woods’ reaction to slights, either real or perceived. Ask Vijay Singh, whose caddy wore a hat that said “Tiger Who?” during their singles match in the 2000 Presidents Cup – a systematic 2 & 1 loss for Singh. Ask Stephen Ames, who referred to Woods’ poor driving prior to their match in the WGC Match Play – an 9 & 8 spanking. There have been other instances. And afterwards, Woods always lets it be known that those sort of things help him get greater focus.

This time it’s the petulant Sergio Garcia who has thrown down the gauntlet, inviting a monster performance from El Tigre. Garcia had this to say about Woods in an interview prior to the Omega Masters, “Fortunately for us, he doesn’t have a great Ryder Cup record so I’m looking forward to hopefully going out there and meeting him two or three times.”

I'm guessing that Woods already has that article posted on his refrigerator door, so he'll have to read it every day. Be prepared, Sergio, be very prepared.

He didn't say anything that was untrue and since this is about the only significant golf event that Sergio has a realistic chance at why not. He isn't the young 19 year old anymore with great potential. Maybe when he gets to 40 he can shoot for a VJ type second career. He may be one of the eventual 1 major winner types but certainly hasn't and won't live up to the predictions.

That just goes to show that Tiger is not invincable neither are a lot of the better players that got beat yesterday. Anything can happen in 18 holes. That is all the more reason to be careful what you say to Tiger. Because if you pull on his cape to hard, it will fire him up and he will play better. I don't believe Sergio meant any harm at all in his comments. Of course the way the press reports it, it will be presented to Tiger in a way that will get him fired up. So what! Let Tiger get fired up and play his best golf against Sergio and let Sergio play his best golf and may the best man win that day. That is the way I see it.

After Tiger kicks his @$$ in a few matches, I'm sure Sergio will have some great excuses -- does anyone whine more about Tiger than Sergio? When will these guys learn it's not a good idea to say anything derogatory about Tiger.

Please can you point out where he said something derogatory about Tiger?

UH:

World

Ranking (1) Tiger Woods $8,641,563 Wins 7. 8 if included is (Dubai)

Ranking (40) Sergio Garcia $1,499,733 Wins (0)

Sergio should just pipe down and play and not worry about how many times he'd like to face Tiger.

mcca

World ranking (77) Shaun Micheel $1,465,059 2006 Wins - 0

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/golf/5345362.stm

Micheel beats Tiger 4&3 in the HSBC. And that was an individual event where Tiger is supposed to excel.

Tiger won the first, halved the second, lost the third and was never ahead again before losing at the 33rd.

I bet Sergio is quaking in his Adidas 360s now.

Jim Furyk, World no. 2 - beaten by European Ryder Cup team member and World no. 44 Robert Karlsson.

I'm loving that Woods-Furyk team right now. Although I guess they will have plenty of time to practice together.

US OPEN 2002 BETHPAGE BLACK....Friday was ugly and it rained a ridiculous amount. Tiger played in the Morning and Sergio played in the Afternoon. Sergio Said "If Tiger was playing in these conditions they would have stopped play for him" I was there and the weather was horrible all day. Match Play is something that anyone on any given day can win.

I have no Opinion on the Statement by Sergio about the Ryder Cup, he is entitled to his opinion and the fact that Tiger has not fared well in Ryder Cups is the Truth. I feel that there have been circumstances that have effected Tiger's performance in the last Ryder Cup.

1) 2004 Tiger was in the middle of a swing change that he is now comfortable with. (8 wins)

2) Sergio is a talent and has all of the game for Ryder Cup because not all of the pressure is on him. I like the Kid but I am tired of hearing how great his ball stricking is when he can't putt.

3) Hopefully Sergio gets what he wants and him and Tiger can meet head to head 3 times....My guess is 3 points for USA.

:cheesy: :D

UH:

World

Sergio should just pipe down and play and not worry about how many times he'd like to face Tiger.

mcca

Hey! Isn't the 'World Ranking' more than just the US money list? Did I fall asleep and just wake up in a world where golf is like all those other great sports such as Baseball, Basketball and Football (not real football by the way) in which the US crown their domestic champions as the 'World Champs@??!!

Tell me it hasn't happened :D

FIY Garcia: World Ranking 8

UH:

World

mcca

Hey! Isn't the 'World Ranking' more than just the US money list? Did I fall asleep and just wake up in a world where golf is like all those other great sports such as Baseball, Basketball and Football (not real football by the way) in which the US crown their domestic champions as the 'World Champs@??!!

Tell me it hasn't happened :D

FIY Garcia: World Ranking 8

The reason we call them world champions is because our teams search the world to bring the best players to the States to compete in our leagues & yes that includes golf. Our teams are not national teams but teams that have members from all over the world. Tell me another country that has the same diversity in its leagues/associations (golf, baseball & basketball) and has the highest level of competition? People want to come to the States because this is where the best players in the world compete and it does not hurt that Americans will put up a butt load of money to see them compete.