• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='prestiege' timestamp='1318647814' post='3674903']
[quote name='PING2011' timestamp='1318644199' post='3674687']
New Honda Accord!
[/quote]

are u serious? hyunda sonata turbo for me
[/quote]

Hyundai still needs to prove its long term reliability. Accord is well known for reliability and also very large compared to its class.

I have the Infiniti G35.....and its fast. I love driving from Sedona to Flagstaff up Oak Creek Canyon. Speed limit is 40mph and the tourists all do 30.....I blow by them well over the speed limit....ssshshhhhh don't tell! The car is a blast to drive. Actually it's my wifes car, I have a Jeep Cherokee black%20eye.gif

In the next few months my Jeep is headed to the trading block and I'm getting a 1967 Pontiac GTO.......a whopping 9 miles per gallon.......And I don't care!!!!!!!!

[quote name='tofur99' timestamp='1318815304' post='3681027']
GTI. best car for the money in the world in performance and the interior is audi quality, its safe, good mpg, can fit tons of stuff in it, looks good, etc.
[/quote]

I'm failing to see how the gti is the best car for the money in performance. And a hatchback is not that attractive for clients. Maybe that's just me though.

[quote name='PING2011' timestamp='1318685157' post='3675693']
New Honda Accord!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hyundai still needs to prove its long term reliability. Accord is well known for reliability and also very large compared to its class.
[/quote]

You are high if you think hyundai hasn't proven themselves. They are just as reliable as honda (if not more). They give more bang for the buck plus have a WAY better warranty.

[quote name='coffee-cup' timestamp='1318831220' post='3682061']
GTI. best car for the money in the world in performance and the interior is audi quality, its safe, good mpg, can fit tons of stuff in it, looks good, etc.
[/quote]

I'm failing to see how the gti is the best car for the money in performance. And a hatchback is not that attractive for clients. Maybe that's just me though.
[/quote]

name another car you can buy brand new 2011 for around 23-24k that performs like a GTI. Especially considering you can get a mild ecu flash and bump the power to 250 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque. Stick some summer tires on it and you've got a car that can run with a bmw 335. ask me how I know...

Also there's more room in the back than a 3 series or a x3, just for comparison's sake. More cargo room as well.

[quote name='tofur99' timestamp='1318846888' post='3682241']
[/quote]

[/quote]

name another car you can buy brand new 2011 for around 23-24k that performs like a GTI. Especially considering you can get a mild ecu flash and bump the power to 250 hp and 300 ft/lbs of torque. Stick some summer tires on it and you've got a car that can run with a bmw 335. ask me how I know...

Also there's more room in the back than a 3 series or a x3, just for comparison's sake. More cargo room as well.
[/quote]

A new WRX is 25k mrsp and it offers 65 more hp and all wheel drive. Performance is not even close. Plus it's not a hatch.

The new mazda speed 3 offers about 60 more hp brand new for 24k. But like the gti, it is a hatch and front wheel drive which is a negative in my book.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please read what the OP has wrote in his post.
He said he needs a car to haul his clients around.
Are you F*cking kidding me with this GTI?? 2 door hatch?
Yea I'd ask my clients to "crawl" into the back seat and lose the business all together.

[quote name='Hashbrownn' timestamp='1318873202' post='3683639']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I'd ask my clients to "crawl" into the back seat and lose the business all together.
[/quote]

Please read on VW's website that the GTI is available in a 4 door.

[quote name='coffee-cup' timestamp='1318876734' post='3683913']
[quote name='Hashbrownn' timestamp='1318873202' post='3683639']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please read on VW's website that the GTI is available in a 4 door.
[/quote]

Once again. He needs a car to haul associates and Clients. Use the car for business purpose.
so you would haul your associates and clients in GTI?
please keep your GTI in the garage and save the embarrassment...

[quote name='coffee-cup' timestamp='1318870069' post='3683431']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A new WRX is 25k mrsp and it offers 65 more hp and all wheel drive. Performance is not even close. Plus it's not a hatch.

The new mazda speed 3 offers about 60 more hp brand new for 24k. But like the gti, it is a hatch and front wheel drive which is a negative in my book.
[/quote]

FWD kills the GTI for me as well, the WRX will smoke a GTI every day of the week and offers you performance that goes straight to the pavement as opposed to chattering your teeth and understeering around corners with FWD. Plus, Subaru reliability is top notch compared to VW's reputation lately.

[quote name='Hashbrownn' timestamp='1318878096' post='3684017']

Once again. He needs a car to haul associates and Clients. Use the car for business purpose.
so you would haul your associates and clients in GTI?
please keep your GTI in the garage and save the embarrassment...
[/quote]

It has 4 doors and can fit clients just fine. If it was for business purpose only do you think the OP would've suggested an STI for himself?

You are missing the point. The GTI has 4 doors and can fit clients just fine. I would not recommend a GTI. I'm just clearing up the misinformation you posted.

the gti is a jack of all trades. the speed3 is built for teenagers, has the worst torque steer in the world, is ugly as hell, the interior is a plastic chattery wreck and the motor is tuned up so much I can see reliability being an issue down the road. The GTI's engine is almost bulletproof in stock tune. Coolant system is a little shaky still but overall it's a great car with the interior of an audi, amazing steering wheel and seats, nice sound system and touch screen, sat radio standard, I can go on and on...

Have you ever taken a gti around a tight exit ramp, around a track? I can assure you the point where it starts understeering(and it's very controllable btw) the wrx will be uncomfortable. No one without training and or a racing background needs to be going the speeds understeer starts coming into the picture with a gti anyway imo, that's how people get killed.

The OP also said "occasionally" would be hauling clients around. It's not a primary use of the car. With 4 doors as I said, it has more room than an x3 or 3 series in the back, is very comfortable and fun to drive in. I don't think the clients would mind and would potentially be impressed the OP has some taste and style. Also depends on what kind of clients they are.

WRX has it's own problems as any car person will tell you, also has a bit of a teenager image. The GTI is on another level as far as class and elegance is concerned. And as I said, throw an apr stage 1 tune in it and it'll do 0-60 in ~5.2 seconds and doesn't stop pulling hard until well over 100 and doesn't overly stress the engine. That's plenty fast enough considering everything else it does.

Just my opinion though so don't flame me for it, just depends on if he buys a car to get from A to B or if he buys it to drive it.

[quote name='coffee-cup' timestamp='1318831907' post='3682077']
New Honda Accord!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You are high if you think hyundai hasn't proven themselves. They are just as reliable as honda (if not more). They give more bang for the buck plus have a WAY better warranty.
[/quote]

I think they haven proven to be pretty reliable, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are in the same league as Honda yet. There is a reason Honda and Toyota have the reputation they do, and that is that proven tract record over many years. And while you may get more bang for your buck up front, when you go to get rid of that car, the difference in resale value is substantial.
Also, check on that warranty, there is a lot of advertising about 100,000 warranties, but many of those are to the original owner only (I'm not saying this is the case for the Hyundi, but it could be, so it's worth looking into).

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1319120207' post='3696803']
[quote name='coffee-cup' timestamp='1318831907' post='3682077']
New Honda Accord!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think they haven proven to be pretty reliable, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are in the same league as Honda yet. There is a reason Honda and Toyota have the reputation they do, and that is that proven tract record over many years. And while you may get more bang for your buck up front, when you go to get rid of that car, the difference in resale value is substantial.
Also, check on that warranty, there is a lot of advertising about 100,000 warranties, but many of those are to the original owner only (I'm not saying this is the case for the Hyundi, but it could be, so it's worth looking into).
[/quote]

Of course they are in the same league. They have more standard features at a lesser price, have a MUCH better warranty, and have documented hundreds of thousands of miles. Plus Hyundais are built in America. Why not support the American worker? It's not called Americas best warranty for nothing. The competitors can't touch it. Plus the second owner of the car will receive the same warranty that honda offers.

Is toyota's reputation really that good? Sure they last a long time (like any other car that is maintenanced regularly), but their car resale sale value isn't that great. Remember a year or two ago when several families lost their lives because of floor mat and gas pedal issues in toyota and lexus vehicles?

Also, the initial price difference and warranty savings will make up any difference in resale value.

Hyundais are legit and fantastic cars. My dad has a new Sonata, and my mom a new Santa Fe. They are great cars, very reliable, GREAT price and the whole 9.

I would recommend any one of the following:
Hyundai Sonata
Hyundai Genesis
Chrysler 200 and 300
and 4 door Audi

I mean how can you not like a commercial like this?:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc[/media]

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

New I think they haven proven to be pretty reliable, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they are in the same league as Honda yet. There is a reason Honda and Toyota have the reputation they do, and that is that proven tract record over many years. And while you may get more bang for your buck up front, when you go to get rid of that car, the difference in resale value is substantial.
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course they are in the same league. They have more standard features at a lesser price, have a MUCH better warranty, and have documented hundreds of thousands of miles. Plus Hyundais are built in America. Why not support the American worker? It's not called Americas best warranty for nothing. The competitors can't touch it. Plus the second owner of the car will receive the same warranty that honda offers.

Is toyota's reputation really that good? Sure they last a long time (like any other car that is maintenanced regularly), but their car resale sale value isn't that great. Remember a year or two ago when several families lost their lives because of floor mat and gas pedal issues in toyota and lexus vehicles?

Also, the initial price difference and warranty savings will make up any difference in resale value.
[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, let me say I am speaking on the used vechicle side, not new, so we may be talking about a related but different subject.
You realize I'm not disparaging Hyundai, but it seems to be a real touchy subject to you. You obviously are completely sold on them and that's good for you, it's a nice thing to have complete satisfaction in your purchase. I'm just looking at it from a different angle. Right now, in the preowned world, there is NO comparison between Hyundai and Toyota/Honda. And again, I'm not saying anything directly against the Hyundai, just what is reflected in the preowned market. The consumer mindset is that Toyota/Honda is a superior product and that is directly shown in resale values. And yes, Toyota resale values far exceed those of Hyundai, that's not an opinion but a reality. Again, please don't feel I'm attacking you or the car, I've heard really good things about them, I'm just stating that as far as the preowned market goes, they are really not comparable.

Oh and by the way, many Camry's are also built in the US. Sorry about the messed up quoting.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1319208434' post='3701047']
First of all, let me say I am speaking on the used vechicle side, not new, so we may be talking about a related but different subject.
You realize I'm not disparaging Hyundai, but it seems to be a real touchy subject to you. You obviously are completely sold on them and that's good for you, it's a nice thing to have complete satisfaction in your purchase. I'm just looking at it from a different angle. Right now, in the preowned world, there is NO comparison between Hyundai and Toyota/Honda. And again, I'm not saying anything directly against the Hyundai, just what is reflected in the preowned market. The consumer mindset is that Toyota/Honda is a superior product and that is directly shown in resale values. And yes, Toyota resale values far exceed those of Hyundai, that's not an opinion but a reality. Again, please don't feel I'm attacking you or the car, I've heard really good things about them, I'm just stating that as far as the preowned market goes, they are really not comparable.

Oh and by the way, many Camry's are also built in the US. Sorry about the messed up quoting.
[/quote]

To clear things up, I do not even own a Hyundai and it's not even the car I recommended.

I just check some of the sales of comparable models between Hyundai and Toyota on ebay and their selling/asking prices are surprisingly similar (2010 and up).

Like I said earlier, the initial price difference and warranty savings will make up any difference in resale value.