2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Presidents Cup 2011 Discussion Thread (merged)

8orBetter

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1321767670' post='3825651']
I think its neat that tiger sealed the victory. Its almost like in a blowout high school championship basketball and they let the "team manager" come in and the other team doesnt really play any defense against him and they let him fire up a shot that sometimes falls (maybe even at the buzzer, awwwww!) and they carry him off the floor while the fans chant his name and the kids parents openly weep in the stands. And he's treated like a king despite his small roll in the victory. And sure it's emotional for the team but in reality, they made fun of the kid all year, they stuffed him in lockers and hazed him all the time, the made him sit with the coaches or the one fat cheerleader on the bus to away games, so there emotion is really about making themselves feel better at the moment. And later at all the parties the kid will come but no one talks to him still and he overhears them making fun of him again and it just crushes him and he goes home once again devastated and alone because, despite their tears of exuberance during the game, his parents dont talk to each other due to their mutual hatred for one another because Dad is a workaholic jackass and his mom is addicted to ambien and vodka, starting with breakfast and they look at their son with shame and even scorn. because even to them he's a bit odd and a total disappointment.

Yep, really neat!!
Congrats U.S.A!

P.S. Tiger is good for golf, the more successful he is the better for the game. And may or may not be Great again. But TWEAKING the "GUARANTEED 8 wins and 2 majors" crowd is so easy and kinda fun.
[/quote]

you know, and i know, and freddie knows, and phil knows, and adam knows, and dustin knows, and nick knows, that tiger HAD to win.

did i forget anyone?

[quote name='TCreighton1973' timestamp='1321769012' post='3825721']
[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321768673' post='3825707']
Is Tigers domination of Baddeley the greatest golf moment of 2011? All seems right I'm the golf world now
[/quote]

Careful, or you'll suck the life right out of him.
[/quote]

Just saying...I dont think any of the "nobodys" who won majors this year caused more excitement than this....agree?

Waiting for ratings from Nielsen to come out. That will prove it.

I think after this, we can all agree the Keegans and Rorys are a thing of the past.

[quote name='iBanesto' timestamp='1321769448' post='3825745']
Norman had some kind words with Stricker about his injury and recommending a doctor who has helped him.
[/quote]

Unless Stricker wants to learn how to buckle like a belt in majors, he should take Normans "wisdom" with a grain of salt.

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1321767670' post='3825651']
I think its neat that tiger sealed the victory. Its almost like in a blowout high school championship basketball and they let the "team manager" come in and the other team doesnt really play any defense against him and they let him fire up a shot that sometimes falls (maybe even at the buzzer, awwwww!) and they carry him off the floor while the fans chant his name and the kids parents openly weep in the stands. And he's treated like a king despite his small roll in the victory. And sure it's emotional for the team but in reality, they made fun of the kid all year, they stuffed him in lockers and hazed him all the time, the made him sit with the coaches or the one fat cheerleader on the bus to away games, so there emotion is really about making themselves feel better at the moment. And later at all the parties the kid will come but no one talks to him still and he overhears them making fun of him again and it just crushes him and he goes home once again devastated and alone because, despite their tears of exuberance during the game, his parents dont talk to each other due to their mutual hatred for one another because Dad is a workaholic jackass and his mom is addicted to ambien and vodka, starting with breakfast and they look at their son with shame and even scorn. because even to them he's a bit odd and a total disappointment.

Yep, really neat!!
Congrats U.S.A!

P.S. Tiger is good for golf, the more successful he is the better for the game. And may or may not be Great again. But TWEAKING the "GUARANTEED 8 wins and 2 majors" crowd is so easy and kinda fun.
[/quote]

Well done lad

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321769335' post='3825741']
Just saying...I dont think any of the "nobodys" who won majors this year caused more excitement than this....agree?

I think after this, we can all agree the Keegans and Rorys are a thing of the past.
[/quote]

Personally I think a guy making birdie on the last 4 holes to win the Masters trumps the hell out of winning a singles match at the President's Cup.

Then again, I am fan of golf.....and not parked solely up one particular player's buttocks.

[quote name='TCreighton1973' timestamp='1321770263' post='3825777']
[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321769335' post='3825741']

[/quote]

Personally I think a guy making birdie on the last 4 holes to win the Masters trumps the hell out of winning a singles match at the President's Cup.

Then again, I am fan of golf.....and not parked solely up one particular player's buttocks.
[/quote]

I like how you picked a tournament in which the ratings could possibly compete with this. Nowhere did you mention Rorys victory at Congressional.

This show you are learning who the king of golf is.

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321769732' post='3825755']
Norman had some kind words with Stricker about his injury and recommending a doctor who has helped him.
[/quote]

Unless Stricker wants to learn how to buckle like a belt in majors, he should take Normans "wisdom" with a grain of salt.
[/quote]
Probably not but I'm sure he would like to learn how to have 86 professional wins,be number one for 331 weeks and be an astute business man . Perhaps the opposition was not as strong !!

[quote name='Ozsouthpaw' timestamp='1321770561' post='3825785']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Probably not but I'm sure he would like to learn how to have 86 professional wins,be number one for 331 weeks and be an astute business man . Perhaps the opposition was not as strong !!
[/quote]

If you can find one person who has had a positive experience with Greg, is love to hear their story. He is an astute biz man to be able to fill his boat with gas.

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321770481' post='3825783']

I like how you picked a tournament in which the ratings could possibly compete with this. Nowhere did you mention Rorys victory at Congressional.

[/quote]

WTH are you talking about?

You claim this singles win was the Golf story of the year, and I am disagreeing with you by stating that Charl's amazing finish at Augusta trumps this noise all to hell.

....and then you reply with such indecipherable crap that I don't even know where to start.

[quote name='TCreighton1973' timestamp='1321770812' post='3825799']
[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321770481' post='3825783']

[/quote]

WTH are you talking about?

You claim this singles win was the Golf story of the year, and I am disagreeing with you by stating that Charl's amazing finish at Augusta trumps this noise all to hell.

....and then you reply with such indecipherable crap that I don't even know where to start.
[/quote]

You are in a state of being where you can't Tiger bash, and you don't know what to do with yourself. Frusturating, I realize.

Whoa what an anti-climax. That has got to be one of THE most boring events on the entire golf calendar.

Woohoo Tiger put together ONE good round. Just like ANY other pro out there who can do the same. The home boys of Oz just didn't really have any real spark. Shame.

Yeah Greg - where WERE the Europeans? So silly.

I think Bill Haas and Hunter Mahan have taken big strides of late. Both seem to be maturing as pros...handling things much better. I think they'll have very good years in 2012.

Nice to see the Mick feeling comfortable on the greens again. He just may have some greatness left in the tank.

Webb Simpson is so impressive. He just has so much self-belief and determination. It's like he's inspired by a higher power. :)

And, once again, it really looks like Tiger is finding the groove. He's not guessing any longer. He's not searching. He's got it. He'll have a very good 2012, no doubt.

I come on here to laugh at the hyperbola surrounding Woods its hilarioius. He played the weakest player on the International Team in the singles, Ok he had a good win but gimme a break. Woods' has a unbelievable career win rate yet he hasn't won anything for two years but is a stick on for The Masters hahaha

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1321771715' post='3825843']
And, once again, it really looks like Tiger is finding the groove. He's not guessing any longer. He's not searching. He's got it. He'll have a very good 2012, no doubt.
[/quote]

He lost 7 & 6 WITH Stricker. What show were you watching? He missed everything. Couldn't putt.

Then he finally plays OK, makes some putts - and puts together ONE good round. That's it. Any pro can do that, you see? Can he do it for 4 rounds? That's the question. Probably not. Not from what we saw over these 4 days. And he definitely showed he can't play with anybody any more. Nor does he care. He's a selfish loner. And we all know it.

He doesn't have it. He's not the same. Thank goodness.

[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1321771278' post='3825831']
Whoa what an anti-climax. That has got to be one of THE most boring events on the entire golf calendar.

Woohoo Tiger put together ONE good round. Just like ANY other pro out there who can do the same. The home boys of Oz just didn't really have any real spark. Shame.

[/quote]

You have a lot to say and seem to be spending a lot of time reading this forum for someone who thinks it's stupid.

I bet you can't wait for the Peurto Rico open to give you a boner. Clueless tosser.

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

Great to see the U.S. win! I really expected the internationals to give us a better run. Given the way Norman had a stacked team, IMHO it was *almost* as much of a collapse by the International team as a win for us. An Aussie Captain, 5 Aussie players and Ernie should have made this more of a contest.

That said, our guys did play well and I really hope this fires some of them up to have great seasons next year. Maybe give us better than 4/10 in the WGR for 2012 and a Ryder Cup victory!

That's not too much to ask for, is it? (cool)

[quote name='triplebogeyblues' timestamp='1321770761' post='3825791']
[quote name='Ozsouthpaw' timestamp='1321770561' post='3825785']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

If you can find one person who has had a positive experience with Greg, is love to hear their story. He is an astute biz man to be able to fill his boat with gas.
[/quote]
Well to start how about a few thousand kids who got their start in golf at the Greg Norman Junior Golf Foundation

[/quote]

[/quote]

What a classless cnt of a comment.

[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1321772763' post='3825865']
[/quote]

He lost 7 & 6 WITH Stricker. What show were you watching? He missed everything. Couldn't putt.

Then he finally plays OK, makes some putts - and puts together ONE good round. That's it. Any pro can do that, you see? Can he do it for 4 rounds? That's the question. Probably not. Not from what we saw over these 4 days. And he definitely showed he can't play with anybody any more. Nor does he care. He's a selfish loner. And we all know it.

[/quote]

What show were you watching? If any pro can put together a solid round, why did it seem like such a grind for almost everyone this weekend?

Even the commentators were saying how good Tiger was swinging this weekend. His putter was a bit suspect but even then he was grazing the cup. You have to admit, he was draining every putt in singles.

I really like Stricker but c'mon now, did you watch that match? You talk likeTiger was bringing him down when both TW and Strick were playing like poo.

[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1321771278' post='3825831']

[/quote]

There's always a chance of an anti-climatic finish in team matchplay.
It actually was pretty good. There was only two matches still out when victory was clinched.

The Europeans were watching it on TV like the rest of it, because they are ineligible. They play the Ryder cup instead!

[quote name='tonyy' timestamp='1321774578' post='3825909']
[quote name='BCAme' timestamp='1321772763' post='3825865']
[/quote]

[/quote]

What show were you watching? If any pro can put together a solid round, why did it seem like such a grind for almost everyone this weekend?

Even the commentators were saying how good Tiger was swinging this weekend. His putter was a bit suspect but even then he was grazing the cup. You have to admit, he was draining every putt in singles.

I really like Stricker but c'mon now, did you watch that match? You talk likeTiger was bringing him down when both TW and Strick were playing like poo.
[/quote]

Haters are gunna hate. Any objective viewer realizes Tiger was one of, if not the best ball striker from tee to green all week. Finally his putts start dropping and he shoots -5 through 15 holes today.

Johnny Miller said he looked like he looked in 2000- but what does Johnny Miller know??