2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

R11s versus RBZ

Cmdecker

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself am interested in the results, i will try both because i want the best driver for me.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

reps were suppose to have product in hands last week I thought... maybe being told to hold on until Jan 3 (the launch date)... If you can find a MATT station, you might be able to see / hit the product.

From what I have searched and read, last year the SF 2.0 TP had the highest ball speed of any driver in their 2011 lines... and rumor has it the RBZ is suppose to have the same for 2012.. I think the new lines are more a repeat of 2010 - where the SF driver was better than the SuperTri... we shall see!

How much money would you have to spend to chase TM's Drivers and FWs? And is there really any difference anymore between the releases inside of a line? Is the R11s much better than the R11? I just don't know. My last TM was an R7. I've found other stuff that fits my game better. (Ping and Adams mostly, but recently been loving my RAZR) and haven't felt the need to do anything more than hit the TM stuff at GS just to say I hit it....never felt it was game changing for me like the G15 was compared to the R7 or the RAZR now vs the G15 and F11.

Ping G30 Tour 65
Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
Vokey 60 degree
STX Putter

Hit both 2 wks ago. R11s a little better than expected. Felt more solid than the harsh type feeling of the R11. Spin a little better and I got good ball speed with it compared to the R11. It also can be adjusted to sit WAY open or shut. A good look for me. The RBZ felt similar to the SF 2.0 with similar results. The Tour RBZ was DEFINITELY easier to turn over but didnt notice any better ball speed than the 2.0 TP. Just looked a little better, imo. Tour head a little more triangular than the std, but not as much as the 2.0. Deep face on the new drivers!
I have used the 2.0 TP with 3 shafts this yr - KaiLi, Ahina and TPHD6. All good but the Ahina had the best combo of dispersion and distance. TPHD straightest for sure. Having said that, I think that the R11s might be for me. It is an improvement on this year's R11 for me!
BTW, the 3w is the real deal. On 4 comparable hits with RBZ and SF TP 2.0 3wds, I averaged 5 mph more ball speed on the same swing speeds. Spin measurably lower also. Since I am dealing with a hurt hip, I believe that it will be much more. Didnt notice a big jump with the RBZ hybrid also. Deeper face though was attractive to me.
The RBZ irons were similar to the 2.0's but the 4 iron/hybrid in the set was solid and hot!
Didnt like the wedge. I am not conservative so the look at address was fine, but it just didnt feel good off of tight lies.
And for mallet lovers, the Manta sets up wonderfully square with great alignment.
For reference, I swing about 102 with driver, 86 with 6i and have about -1* attack. Definitely miss left but handicap at -1 overall. Hope this helps!
Jim

[quote name='Cmdecker' timestamp='1325085217' post='3996303']
Anyone had the opportunity to hit the R11S versus the RBZ/RBZ Tour on a trackman? If so, what were your numbers as far as spin, ball speed, and total distance?
[/quote]

You know what I'd like to see done, compare the RBZ fairway line to every other 3 wood out there...who care's about how much better it is then last years model. Tell me how it blows all the others out of the water, not just THEIR previous product.

I'm going to give one example and I would bet money could be right next to the RBZ 3 wood, and that's the Cobra Pro S/XT... yes, from years ago.

(That fw was 20 yards longer [b][size="5"]in the air[/size][/b] then the Titleist 906 of the same era. Which should translate into 7 mph)

I didn't like last years TM fw's, but someone tell me how it's going to blow my i15 away...lol

edit: tour edge would probably have a huge vote for the longest fairway wood out there, let's see an RBZ VS. TEE showdown!

sorry, I just can't buy into any of the TM hype this year

[quote name='tbomb' timestamp='1325168999' post='4000423']
You know what I'd like to see done, compare the RBZ fairway line to every other 3 wood out there...who care's about how much better it is then last years model. Tell me how it blows all the others out of the water, not just THEIR previous product.

I'm going to give one example and I would bet money could be right next to the RBZ 3 wood, and that's the Cobra Pro S/XT... yes, from years ago.

(That fw was 20 yards longer [b][size="5"]in the air[/size][/b] then the Titleist 906 of the same era. Which should translate into 7 mph)

I didn't like last years TM fw's, but someone tell me how it's going to blow my i15 away...lol

edit: tour edge would probably have a huge vote for the longest fairway wood out there, let's see an RBZ VS. TEE showdown!

[/quote]

I hit the i15 3W as well. I'm sure I will give the new TM series their chance on the range, who knows. I tried last year but nothing could knock my i15 out....but thats just me. I like TM woods and played an R9 for along time, just couldn't get anything going with the R11 series. It will be interesting.....

I too would like to see a RBZ vs. TEE 3 Wood showdown and trackman numbers would be an added plus!

[/quote]

I too would like to see a RBZ vs. TEE 3 Wood showdown and trackman numbers would be an added plus!

[/quote]

[quote name='ohcanada17' timestamp='1325086211' post='3996365']
reps were suppose to have product in hands last week I thought... maybe being told to hold on until Jan 3 (the launch date)... If you can find a MATT station, you might be able to see / hit the product.

From what I have searched and read, last year the SF 2.0 TP had the highest ball speed of any driver in their 2011 lines... and rumor has it the RBZ is suppose to have the same for 2012.. I think the new lines are more a repeat of 2010 - where the SF driver was better than the SuperTri... we shall see!
[/quote]

When they have some real numbers then I will start believing all the increased distance claims.
Nothing on the current market can outdrive my Adams prototype 3wood...and I'm average Joe swing speed .
You know these performance increase number claims are becoming silly!
One caveat last years products, specifically the Cleveland SL drivers with miyazaki's and TM's r11 with the blur shafts did product actual measurable and realistic distance increase for average joes...and I suspect that was more because of shaft technology ( yes lighter does mean faster and longer) advancements.
I think that this year (2012) the manufacturers will be hard pressed to produce the same results as last years product lines.

[quote name='devlin3000' timestamp='1325215478' post='4003691']
Someone correct me if I'm wrong ... But this statement would not be a surprise since I believe the SF faces were titanium
[/quote]

I don't think the SF are Titanium. Steel only.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='devlin3000' timestamp='1325216041' post='4003727']
When they have some real numbers then I will start believing all the increased distance claims.
Nothing on the current market can outdrive my Adams prototype 3wood...and I'm average Joe swing speed .
I think that this year (2012) the manufacturers will be hard pressed to produce the same results as last years product lines.
[/quote]

If you read the TM live interview thread someone asked this very question.
Mr TM stated that in "standard" testing (I assume robotic) the RBZ fairways outperform every club on the current market distance wise. That includes Adams and TEE.
The COR of the RBZ is simply better than any rival club, coupled with a repositioned COG and improved aerodynamics/shaft technology.

Anyone had the opportunity to hit the R11S versus the RBZ/RBZ Tour on a trackman? If so, what were your numbers as far as spin, ball speed, and total distance?
[/quote]

I have stayed with the ST/R11 over the last 2 years because it was more forgiving. Hoping the R11 S can spin less than the R11. The SF/SF 2.0 was longer and with the FCT I might have to see what results I can get.

with out a doubt the RBZ 3 wood will be in the bag 2012. The SF/SF 2.0 have been in the bag the passed 2 season. That was after trying R9/R11 3 woods.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='chrisday83' timestamp='1325403102' post='4012373']
[/quote]

Mr TM stated that in "standard" testing (I assume robotic) the RBZ fairways outperform every club on the current market distance wise. That includes Adams and TEE.
[b]The COR of the RBZ is simply better than any rival club[/b], coupled with a repositioned COG and improved aerodynamics/shaft technology.
[/quote]

Did TM actually say the COR is higher? They said it was .813 in the RBZ FW. Do you think this is higher than TEE? We know for a fact it's not as high as the wishon 949mc.

Here was one of the comments from the DEC 20 chat

[quote]The main differences are speed and playability.Other steel headed fairway clubs currently in the market have COR measurementsof .760 to .790 including those you have stated. Burner 2.0 measure about .790 while.RocketBallz measures .813. So from a speed perspective, the RBz fws are a stepbeyond [b]anything available in a steel clubhead.[/b][/quote]

Most TEE's has a titanium cup face so i'm guessing they aren't part of this.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1325460790' post='4014447']
Anyone had the opportunity to hit the R11S versus the RBZ/RBZ Tour on a trackman? If so, what were your numbers as far as spin, ball speed, and total distance?[/quote]
I have stayed with the ST/R11 over the last 2 years because it was more forgiving. Hoping the R11 S can spin less than the R11.
[/quote]

Also from the DEC 20 TM CHAT

[quote]
We don’t have plans to resurrect the SuperDeep in R11 but the R11s is within 200 rpms of the SuperDeep. Every degree is about 300 rpms so by lower if you lower the loft by a degree you should achieve nirvana.[/quote]

If it's within 200rpm of the SD i'd be extremely confident it's under the R11.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

I hit both the RBZ Tour head and the R11s in my DI 6s. I had better numbers on the Flightscope with the R11s. The spin was low off the R11s between 1900 and 2300 rpm. My ss on the FS was 107-111 and the ball carried 260-270. It was cold around 35 degrees and they were using old range balls for the winter. I just could not get the same carry out of the RBZ tour. Loved the way both looked at address. I hit both in a 9 degree and my launch was a little low at 9-11 and will probably order in a 10.5.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix

So how much longer will they persevere with the tacky white heads? According to trade figures the R11 shifted big numbers but just not seeing at my club or in league matches? Who buys them? Low hcp players in my area are heavily focused to Titleist and Ping with nothing else making a showing...I hit both of last year's models and they were good, but not mind blowing and the white head is a no no, too gimmicky. If they offered a dark head RBZ at 44.5 I could be tempted...

[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1325471739' post='4015397']
I hit both the RBZ Tour head and the R11s in my DI 6s. I had better numbers on the Flightscope with the R11s. The spin was low off the R11s between 1900 and 2300 rpm. My ss on the FS was 107-111 and the ball carried 260-270. It was cold around 35 degrees and they were using old range balls for the winter. I just could not get the same carry out of the RBZ tour. Loved the way both looked at address. I hit both in a 9 degree and my launch was a little low at 9-11 and will probably order in a 10.5.
[/quote]

What were the launch, spin, and distance differences between the two for you?

Also, can you comment on the ball flight and feel differences?

Thanks

[quote name='Qegurezi' timestamp='1325471088' post='4015317']<br />[quote name='chrisday83' timestamp='1325403102' post='4012373']<br />[quote name='devlin3000' timestamp='1325216041' post='4003727']<br />When they have some real numbers then I will start believing all the increased distance claims.<br />Nothing on the current market can outdrive my Adams prototype 3wood...and I'm average Joe swing speed .<br />You know these performance increase number claims are becoming silly!<br />I think that this year (2012) the manufacturers will be hard pressed to produce the same results as last years product lines.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />If you read the TM live interview thread someone asked this very question. <br />Mr TM stated that in &quot;standard&quot; testing (I assume robotic) the RBZ fairways outperform every club on the current market distance wise. That includes Adams and TEE. <br /><b>The COR of the RBZ is simply better than any rival club</b>, coupled with a repositioned COG and improved aerodynamics/shaft technology.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Did TM actually say the COR is higher? They said it was .813 in the RBZ FW. Do you think this is higher than TEE? We know for a fact it's not as high as the wishon 949mc. <br /><br />Here was one of the comments from the DEC 20 chat<br /><br />[quote]The main differences are speed and playability.Other steel headed fairway clubs currently in the market have COR measurementsof .760 to .790 including those you have stated. Burner 2.0 measure about .790 while.RocketBallz measures .813. So from a speed perspective, the RBz fws are a stepbeyond <b>anything available in a steel clubhead.</b>[/quote]<br /><br />Most TEE's has a titanium cup face so i'm guessing they aren't part of this.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />

You may well be right with that. If it does limit the testing to steel headed fairways then perhaps there are others on the market that compete with, or exceed, the RBZ.
In any case, TMAG have got exactly what they wanted. Ridiculous name coupled with outrageous distance claims have got everyone talking about their products.

[quote name='johnstitch' timestamp='1325496692' post='4016607']
So how much longer will they persevere with the tacky white heads? According to trade figures the R11 shifted big numbers but just not seeing at my club or in league matches? Who buys them? Low hcp players in my area are heavily focused to Titleist and Ping with nothing else making a showing...I hit both of last year's models and they were good, but not mind blowing and the white head is a no no, too gimmicky. If they offered a dark head RBZ at 44.5 I could be tempted...
[/quote]

I'm an old fart with pretty standard equipment (see sig). I have not hit a single ball with a white club but I'm going to try a couple this spring.

Who is playing them? I play against the young bucks in state events and a HUGE number of them hit a white driver. I played with a kid who ended up state player of the year and he claimed he picked up 25 yards over his old club switching to the R11. I really like my driver and am very accurate but getting outdriven by 30 yards puts a fair amount of pressure on the rest of the game.

PS - I did not pick up much yardage going to the TEE 3 wood last year...maybe a couple yards...but I like it. I'm interested in the RBZ 3 wood and the distance claims but..........

SLDR 430 TP, 9*
SLDR, 15*
Adams Pro Black 9031, 20*
Mizuno MP68
Mizuno MP T4 wedges
"Cheater" 49" Odyssey 7

[/quote]

The COR of the RBZ is simply better than any rival club, coupled with a repositioned COG and improved aerodynamics/shaft technology.
[/quote]

I posted the question how do the RBZ drivers compare to the R11S but it was never answeref by TMAG. I would like to know this answer in terms of ball speed and spin. TMAG should send me a free RBZ as well. I'll take a driver and 3 wood.

[quote name='PKMillerJr' timestamp='1325561182' post='4020225']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I posted the question how do the RBZ drivers compare to the R11S but it was never answeref by TMAG. I would like to know this answer in terms of ball speed and spin. TMAG should send me a free RBZ as well. I'll take a driver and 3 wood.
[/quote]

I'm hopefully going to hit them both on a LM this Thursday. I will try and get some results to post.

[quote name='Twiggy' timestamp='1325522077' post='4017369']
[quote name='9ccat9' timestamp='1325471739' post='4015397']
[/quote]

What were the launch, spin, and distance differences between the two for you?

Also, can you comment on the ball flight and feel differences?

Thanks
[/quote]

The RBZ Tour launched pretty much the same as the R11s for me, the major difference was the RBZ seemed to spin more 2800-3200. Honestly the flights looked very similar to me but the spin seemed to be the difference on the LM. Carry difference was in the 250's for the RBZ and the club set up and looked great. I like to play a slight cut on my drives and the RBZ tour head went a little more right then the R11s.
Launch- Similar
Spin-R11s about 500-700 less
Distance-R11s 10-12 yards of carry more

On a side note I loved the RBZ Rescue.......Best rescue that I have ever hit.

TM M6 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S Velocore 
TM GAPR Hi 3 KBS C-Taper Lite
TM 2011 Tour Issue MC 4-PW KBS Tour 120
TM MG2 Nickel 50 and 54 KBS Tour 120

TM MG2 Raw 58 KBS Tour 120
TM Black Copper Soto TP Collection 34in
TM TP5X balls Yellow/Pix