2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

WHO IS FROM MICHIGAN

he does help support our economy..so he's good by me. AND HE'S A LIONS FAN!! :drinks:

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Cleveland CBX4 50, 56, 60 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115 Wedges

TaylorMade Spider Tour Z Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WAS there this fall with tigerjr. Love Eagle Eye..great track from the tips.

TaylorMade TP5

where do you play at in lansing? I usually play out of grand rapids.

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1295216225' post='2901532']
where do you play at in lansing? I usually play out of grand rapids.

[/quote]

Ill try to name all the courses I played last season and would be willing to meet people at..

The emerald
Hawk Hollow/ Eagle Eye
Meridian Sun
College Fields
Groesbeck
Walnut Hills Country Club
Lansing Country club
Boulder Creek GC
Wheatfield Valley

Theres more but im having troubles thinking of them..

they are a few of us on Michigan Wrx that play together on a somewhat frequent basis. What is your handicap and do you have a home track? We are always looking for more to join us and your more than welcome to come. Spring can't come soon enough...this weather is killing me!

TaylorMade TP5

By the way, you have the right colors...not of that crap blue and maize...

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1295217656' post='2901597']

[/quote]

Oh god. If theres any maize and blue fans in the group, not interested.:russian_roulette:

Ive never carried a true handicap, although I did do one on a website for the last half of last season and I think it was around a 4 or 5..
But I play on the Haslett High School golf team (2nd in the state two years running) and I usually shoot anywhere from 75 to 81. With the occasional par round or blow up 85..

[
Ive never carried a true handicap, although I did do one on a website for the last half of last season and I think it was around a 4 or 5..
But I play on the Haslett High School golf team (2nd in the state two years running) and I usually shoot anywhere from 75 to 81. With the occasional par round or blow up 85..
[/quote]

congrats on state results. You would probably smoke all of us old geezers! If we get out that way will definitely keep you posted!

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1295218943' post='2901640']

congrats on state results. You would probably smoke all of us old geezers! If we get out that way will definitely keep you posted!

[/quote]

that would be awesome!

at some point I could probably make the journey out to grand rapids. It would be worth it

Sounds like we should be able to get some very good 4-somes this fall. We are blessed with lots of great tracks in Michigan. I want to get 36 at Shepard's Hollow this spring. Part of my Michigan bucket list.

TaylorMade TP5

[quote name='odshot68' timestamp='1295224129' post='2901850']
Sounds like we should be able to get some very good 4-somes this fall. We are blessed with lots of great tracks in Michigan. I want to get 36 at Shepard's Hollow this spring. Part of my Michigan bucket list.

[/quote]

I'm in 100% on this one.

2024 Bag TBD

[quote name='kgeorge78' timestamp='1295191221' post='2900543']
[quote name='Tommy Canuck' timestamp='1295190310' post='2900505']
Live in Windsor Ontario...that is Michigan isn't it ?
[/quote]

ya close enought!
[/quote]

According to Steve Perry, isn't that South Detroit?

[quote name='TGutHHS' timestamp='1295218452' post='2901628']

[/quote]

Oh god. If theres any maize and blue fans in the group, not interested.:russian_roulette:

[/quote]

Looks like you'll have to find another group then....GO BLUE!!! (Not all us Wolverines are that bad to hang around)

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1295229749' post='2902071']
[quote name='kgeorge78' timestamp='1295191221' post='2900543']
[quote name='Tommy Canuck' timestamp='1295190310' post='2900505']
Live in Windsor Ontario...that is Michigan isn't it ?
[/quote]

ya close enought!
[/quote]

According to Steve Perry, isn't that South Detroit?

[quote name='TGutHHS' timestamp='1295218452' post='2901628']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Looks like you'll have to find another group then....GO BLUE!!! (Not all us Wolverines are that bad to hang around)
[/quote]

Haha I actually root for Michigan as long as theyre not playing Sparty, nothing really against them. And its not like the Wolverines have been a threat for.. how many days is it now?:rolleyes:

All in good fun

[quote name='JCLJorgenson' timestamp='1295240437' post='2902464']
As a San Diego State grad, let me just say we are looking forward to giving you, and our former head coach, a beating next year in Ann Arbor! :drinks:

As an FYI, our basketball team has hit #6 in the nation, thanks to the turn around brought by one of your former coaches, Steve Fisher.
[/quote]

Small world! It's interesting that game is on the schedule, and will be tough for UM. I see that SD State played TCU really close on the road this past year, and had a few other close ones against ranked opponents. I bet many West Virginians would have LOVED to play Michigan in the last 3 years, especially after we took both of their football and basketball coaches.

Steve Fisher was a great recruiter and coach....he just turned a blind eye to a lot of the crap that the kids were doing on his watch. Kind of wish he were still here sometimes. The program is still recovering.

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1295266809' post='2902713']
[quote name='JCLJorgenson' timestamp='1295240437' post='2902464']
As a San Diego State grad, let me just say we are looking forward to giving you, and our former head coach, a beating next year in Ann Arbor! :drinks:

As an FYI, our basketball team has hit #6 in the nation, thanks to the turn around brought by one of your former coaches, Steve Fisher.
[/quote]

Small world! It's interesting that game is on the schedule, and will be tough for UM. I see that SD State played TCU really close on the road this past year, and had a few other close ones against ranked opponents. I bet many West Virginians would have LOVED to play Michigan in the last 3 years, especially after we took both of their football and basketball coaches.

Steve Fisher was a great recruiter and coach....he just turned a blind eye to a lot of the crap that the kids were doing on his watch. Kind of wish he were still here sometimes. The program is still recovering.
[/quote]

I hope the renovations to Crisler arena will help speed up the recovery. I doubt that the outdated arena helps with recruiting.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

[quote name='hitsalittle' timestamp='1295701689' post='2914697']
TGUT, how old are you? I played for Waverly (we were terrible) in the early 90's - I don't remember Haslett having a very good team then, but I think that was a different conference, too. Anyway, at least you've got the right colors now!
[/quote]

Im 16 right now, junior year of High School. I know we won the state championships like 4 years ago when we had a guy that is now a ringer on the MSU golf team, and the last two seasons we have got runner up, last year we were supposed to win, but the team choked, and the winning team played the best they have all year.

GO GREEN

[quote name='Rod17' timestamp='1295702054' post='2914702']
Buckeye alum living LARGE in Bloomfield.
[/quote]

Hiss, Boo!!

Just kidding (kind of).

I used to work at U of M hospital, and it was funny to hear some of the comments the docs would receive when they would wear their Sparty or Buckeye stuff around. Do you catch much flak?

[quote name='Cicero' timestamp='1295717873' post='2915147']
[quote name='Rod17' timestamp='1295702054' post='2914702']
Buckeye alum living LARGE in Bloomfield.
[/quote]

Hiss, Boo!!

Just kidding (kind of).

I used to work at U of M hospital, and it was funny to hear some of the comments the docs would receive when they would wear their Sparty or Buckeye stuff around. Do you catch much flak?
[/quote]

I hope theres no U of M fans talking crap to Sparty or OSU..

Or those people are living in a fantasy land, Sparty OSU and Wisconsin own the Big ten! :rolleyes:

[quote name='TGutHHS' timestamp='1295217016' post='2901572']

Ill try to name all the courses I played last season and would be willing to meet people at..

The emerald
Hawk Hollow/ Eagle Eye
Meridian Sun
College Fields
Groesbeck
Lansing Country club
Boulder Creek GC
Wheatfield Valley

[/quote]

Does Bill Mory still own Meridian Sun? He was always a great teacher.

How is Groesbeck these days? I have heard that the city has really let it go to crap. I played at Lansing Catholic (many years ago) and that was our home course, so it will always hold a special place in my heart - that and it is where my lowest round ever was.

If we all meet in Lansing, we should play Forrest Acers West! I still love that course.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6
G410 LST 3 Wood w/ AD-DI 8
19* Callaway Rogue Pro Hybrid w/ AD-DI 85
Mizuno JPX 921 Forged w/ Steelfiber 110
Mizuno T20 Blue Ion 54* and 58* w/ Steelfiber 110
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Del Mar

Ball: ProV1

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1296078224' post='2927123']
[quote name='TGutHHS' timestamp='1295217016' post='2901572']

The emerald
Hawk Hollow/ Eagle Eye
Meridian Sun
College Fields
Groesbeck
Lansing Country club
Boulder Creek GC
Wheatfield Valley

[/quote]

Does Bill Mory still own Meridian Sun? He was always a great teacher.

How is Groesbeck these days? I have heard that the city has really let it go to crap. I played at Lansing Catholic (many years ago) and that was our home course, so it will always hold a special place in my heart - that and it is where my lowest round ever was.

If we all meet in Lansing, we should play Forrest Acers West! I still love that course.
[/quote]

Mory still owns it, nice guy, and he helps us play at Walnut Hills to, which is really nice. Although meridian sun is a crap of a course these days

I don't think Groesbeck is to bad actually, it isn't like a championship course or anything, but its not covered in weeds, the greens are decent, and everything is in good overall condition, I play my church golf league there every thursday. I have my lowest 9 there at -3 on the back nine twice, and I shot even par 71 to win a GLAGA tourney there last year. Probably because it is so short, it evens me up with all the big hitters

I love the West course, very nice, and there is a deal that is pretty good usually, forgot what it was but I want to say 30 for 18 with a cart and lunch.. Not sure, but I would certainly love to organize something like that!

The "New Groesbeck" is considerably different from the old course. I know they needed to make the changes many years ago to really help with drainage, but It was harder before they shortened up 7, 15, and 18.

It is funny how things change because some of those holes are only a driver and a wedge, but back in High School, it was a solid Driver and 3 Wood.

I would love to play Walnut again. I played there probably 1000 times before I turned 22. Then my parents quit the club and I have not played there since.

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1296086761' post='2927574']
The "New Groesbeck" is considerably different from the old course. I know they needed to make the changes many years ago to really help with drainage, but It was harder before they shortened up 7, 15, and 18.

It is funny how things change because some of those holes are only a driver and a wedge, but back in High School, it was a solid Driver and 3 Wood.

I would love to play Walnut again. I played there probably 1000 times before I turned 22. Then my parents quit the club and I have not played there since.
[/quote]

My dad is possibly getting a membership to Walnut which would be sweet, unlimited golf with a cart, and I would be able to get a job easy.

Ive been told that groesbecks nines were reversed.

[quote name='TGutHHS' timestamp='1296090902' post='2927820']
[quote name='knickerbocker' timestamp='1296086761' post='2927574']

[/quote]

My dad is possibly getting a membership to Walnut which would be sweet, unlimited golf with a cart, and I would be able to get a job easy.

Ive been told that groesbecks nines were reversed.
[/quote]

They were reversed. I had to think about the hole numbers when I wrote my post to reflect the new ordering.

When I was growing up, we were members at Walnut and I caddied at Lansing. So I got to play both most weeks!

9* G410 LST w/ AD-BB 6

I'm from Michigan! Originally from Martin, now play @ Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. Play in alot of amateur events throughout the summer. My name is Chet/Chester VandenBerg if you are ever looking for people to say hi to at tournaments. I'm always good to say hello. Need summer very badly

[quote name='bballchester24' timestamp='1296139082' post='2928946']
I'm from Michigan! Originally from Martin, now play @ Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. Play in alot of amateur events throughout the summer. My name is Chet/Chester VandenBerg if you are ever looking for people to say hi to at tournaments. I'm always good to say hello. Need summer very badly
[/quote]

Chet, what course do you guys play out of in Grand Rapids?

TaylorMade TP5