Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing the LS 10.5* (actual 10*) w/ DI 6s tipped .5"
Anyone having issues with the sound...Add hotmelt! I put the 2gram (comes w/ a 2g and a 8g weight) weight in and 7 grams of hot melt into the head and it has an amazing sound AND feel. Feels like a forged head driver. I'll be doing the matte black soon, not that the silver isnt growing on me.
For me, this has been one of the best drivers in recent years.
And its long.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='3GWrX09' timestamp='1344432455' post='5429272']
Playing the LS 10.5* (actual 10*) w/ DI 6s tipped .5"
Anyone having issues with the sound...Add hotmelt! I put the 2gram weight in and [b]7 grams of hot melt into the head [/b]and it has an amazing sound AND feel. Feels like a forged head driver. I'll be doing the matte black soon, not that the silver isnt growing on me.
For me, this has been one of the best drivers in recent years.
And its long.
[/quote]

Did you have to drill the head to add the melt? I would like to try the melt in on of my LS heads.

^^^^^^^^^^^ No. If you take the adapter off you can get hot melt into the head very easily. If you look inside where the adapter/sleeve slides into there actually is an opening into the head. Very simple but very effective in toning down the sound and a great solid feel. Ive tried HM in several heads and the results with the LS head is by far the best Ive felt.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

[quote name='Talon_Bomber' timestamp='1344384761' post='5426626']
[quote name='erock9174' timestamp='1344347082' post='5422472']
Does anyone know if you shorten the stock club to 44.5" what swing weight it ends up playing at?
[/quote]

D0
[/quote]

Thanks
I had the wrong thread. I meant my original question for the normal Fast 12 and not the LS model .

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING 2023 Anser 2D

[quote name='3GWrX09' timestamp='1344435995' post='5429604']
^^^^^^^^^^^ No. If you take the adapter off you can get hot melt into the head very easily. If you look inside where the adapter/sleeve slides into there actually is an opening into the head. Very simple but very effective in toning down the sound and a great solid feel. Ive tried HM in several heads and the results with the LS head is by far the best Ive felt.
[/quote]

Ok thanks I see it now... it was dark in the hole so I used a flashlight and WaaLaa there it was.

Well, gave this one some time, wanted to get launch monitor time, range time, and that all so important playing time all into the equation a sufficient amount to collect all the thoughts and data one could possibly want. And needed to find some free time to type this all!

I was going to start this with a long winded review, but what fun is that, WE NEED PICTURES! So here ya go!

C01.jpg

C02.jpg

C03.jpg

C05.jpg

C06.jpg

C07.jpg

Just something I thought was an impressive side note - the slowest ball speed with Fast 12 LS was as fast as the best anything else had, now that's impressive!

So for me, it all started late, late last year, close to the very end of our local golfing season, a time when if it wasn't for a new toy to test, I wouldn't have even ventured out-

Was fortunate enough to start trying / testing / playing with this club late in the year last year. Only rounds I got in were very cold, very windy, or both. But what made me think it was possibly the hottest thing I have ever touched, is the simple fact that in miserable cold and wind late last year, I was ending up in spots that I would expect to be in normal "in season" conditions, not in the miserable stuff I was playing in.......very surprising to say the least, in a great way, on a course I play a majority of the time!

One thing that was really standing out in my mind late last year was how the ball pierced through the wind. Very, very stable flight, and no where near the drifting, or standing up I expected to see in brutal conditions. Definitely was performing better in that regard than other clubs I have a bunch of experience with. Hmmm, could that be some extra ball speed combined with even less spin?!?

Another thing that really popped out, and was commented on by the people I was playing with, who have played with me plenty and know how I hit it, is they swear the ball was just flat out shooting off the club hotter. Just had a zip to it off the face and was noticeable in the speed it just seemed to have downrange......tough to really explain, but there was just something really good going on with it. Several other comments on how good and solid the club itself sounded, which I agree 110%, one of the best sounding, solid drivers for sure.

Many, many.......did I say many trips onto this

FS9.jpg

one of my personal favorite launch monitors, the Foresight GC2.

Which this is the really cool part, hopefully you made it to this after all the rambling on above! biggrin.gif

Get ready.......FOR BALL SPEED DOMINATION!

I tested 4 drivers, my most recent gamer (prior to Fast 12 LS), the Fast 12 LS, as well as 2 other drivers that had performed the best through a bunch of launch monitor sessions throughout the months.

Again - because it's so awesome, I have to show these screen shots again:

C01.jpg

C02.jpg

C03.jpg

C05.jpg

C06.jpg

C07.jpg

As you can see, I went through a couple different shafts in each club that allowed it (adjustable drivers), and regardless, one thing kept happening, the Fast 12 LS was MUCH faster.

1-2 MPH of difference, great, but when we start talking 4,5,6,7 MPH of ball speed, THAT IS HUGE, that is a game changer, and a ball speed domination I have not seen since the days of the 9015d years back.

Then I found a place with great weather, light to no wind, and gave it a go, it was SICK, this thing goes deep, it goes deep often (hot all over the face), and is very consistent.

It sets up great, has a great shape, I like the black sole, black face, and the silver crown.

And I have to finish with this, adjustable or non-adjustable, this is absolutely one heck of a solid feeling, and great sounding driver. I keep getting comments on that from people who have heard me hit, or have hit themselves. I absolutely believe the way they do the adjustment system as it relates to internal head design and interaction it has with shaft sleeve plays a big role, great design!

Ladies and gentlemen, this Fast 12 LS is the real deal.....it is a MUST TRY!

Great review. I too went out and tested several drivers. The ball speed with the fast 12 LS and fujikura shaft stiff where just so much great than mine and the others I tested. Its adjusteable face, lie, and loft which is a bonus and if you want to add 1/2 inch to the shaft if you really need it. Awesome club. I wish I can adjust the super xtd hybrid face and I would game that also since that is the fastest face in hybrids. Again, great review and I also support since did the same and bought it. Never bought adams before until t his year and they have great drivers and hybrids. Curuius to try their irons. Great stuff.

Played my first two rounds with the 12LS 8.5. Great sound and feels hot, but the swing weight stinks, something terrible. Waiting on the new weight from Adams to get me up to D6. Sure to be a bomber once I get that fixed. Really is the best sounding driver I have hit in years, kudos to Adams on that.

M1 440 8.5 Project X Hzrdus Black
SLDR Mini 12 long neck black tie 80
x2 Hot 5 Deep 82x Diamana D+
Titleist 714 AP2 KBS Tour X
ATV Tour issue 54/58
XFT 50
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1 Arm Lock

I've had 2 range sessions with this driver now. Its an 8.5 with a stiff fubuki. This driver is going to be real special when I get it dialed in. Here's my problem, it's giving me perfect ball flight no ballooning. However, I'm either producing a hard fade/weak slice or a hard pull with a slight draw. I can't seem to get it down the middle. I'm hitting along side my gamer, a ZLE with a devo, and I can hit it perfect. But I put the ZLE down and pick up the 12ls and back to same thing.
I've played around the setting but can't get it dialed in. Anyone else have these issues and if so what setting or shaft did you go too.
Oh yeah, my swing speed is 103-105 with a fast transition.

[quote name='Justin_Ellis' timestamp='1344809792' post='5456860']
Played my first two rounds with the 12LS 8.5. Great sound and feels hot, but the swing weight stinks, something terrible. Waiting on the new weight from Adams to get me up to D6. Sure to be a bomber once I get that fixed. Really is the best sounding driver I have hit in years, kudos to Adams on that.
[/quote]

Completely agree. I've had to add a bunch of lead tape to mine. How much was another weight and what one did you get?

[quote name='NickJ' timestamp='1344995804' post='5473472']
[/quote]

Completely agree. I've had to add a bunch of lead tape to mine. How much was another weight and what one did you get?
[/quote]
They will send you them for free just call them, still have not seen mine yet. They said they sent a weight that will get me to D6

M1 440 8.5 Project X Hzrdus Black
SLDR Mini 12 long neck black tie 80
x2 Hot 5 Deep 82x Diamana D+
Titleist 714 AP2 KBS Tour X
ATV Tour issue 54/58
XFT 50
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1 Arm Lock

[quote name='Justin_Ellis' timestamp='1345066955' post='5478776']
[quote name='NickJ' timestamp='1344995804' post='5473472']
[/quote]

[/quote]
They will send you them for free just call them, still have not seen mine yet. They said they sent a weight that will get me to D6
[/quote]

I gave Adams a call today looking for the kit, wrench plus weights and was told Ineeded to go through a distributer like Golf Galaxy. Maybe if you order the driver from them direct they're more giving, but at the moment I'm not feeling the love.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1345075598' post='5479484']
[quote name='EddieC' timestamp='1345074865' post='5479434']
I gave Adams a call today looking for the kit, wrench plus weights and was told Ineeded to go through a distributer like Golf Galaxy. Maybe if you order the driver from them direct they're more giving, but at the moment I'm not feeling the love.
[/quote]

Go on the Adams web page, hit the contact us link and choose the Marketing Dept option. They will send one right out to you no problem.
[/quote]

Thats good to hear. I just followed your directions to send them a message requesting a 12g weight and the short screw for the head. The kit I got didn't include one and the driver came with the extension installed.

[quote name='Talon_Bomber' timestamp='1345081507' post='5479980']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1345075598' post='5479484']
[quote name='EddieC' timestamp='1345074865' post='5479434']
[/quote]

Go on the Adams web page, hit the contact us link and choose the Marketing Dept option. They will send one right out to you no problem.
[/quote]

Thats good to hear. I just followed your directions to send them a message requesting a 12g weight and the short screw for the head. The kit I got didn't include one and the driver came with the extension installed.
[/quote]

I s[color=#222222][size=2]ent them a message (e-mail) last Thursday with no reply, which prompted the call. 78, I only see one number on the "contact us" page and called that and that's where I got my sorry buddy, go see a distributor answer. [/size][/color]

Hit mine at the range again last night (Stiff 9.5 6M3)

Played around with the settings and went from 9.5-8.5 in loft. There is a distinct difference in ball flight between the hosel positions. 8.5 is probably a good 10yds lower in peak trajectory. Roll out after landing is similar for as long as I could see at the range. The ball would carry (uphill) to 270ish, then roll steeply uphill past the 300yd mark. I imagine the 8.5 hits would have kept going.

Definitely liking this thing. Took some time to get used to the lighter club, but I'm happy as could be right now.

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1345075875' post='5479504']
In the past couple months, I've tried it the LS 3 times, 4 really I guess. Both the Alpha and the Black Tie, 3 different heads... and the Razr Fit with F3, BB, or DI6 just works better for me. It a nice stick, but not the end all solution for everyone. Considering what shafts worked well for me with the RF it's likely the Alpha & Black Tie just weren't good options for me. But of the two I preferred the Black Tie. Sticking with the RF with F3 for now, until I come across a good deal on a DI6 ;).
[/quote]
Hi 78Staff,

Do you have any launch monitor numbers between the two? I have the Fast12LS and love it, but wanted to demo everything out there. The lowest they could get my spin with the 8.5 Razr Fit with an x-stiff Ahina was about 4000rpms, which is terrible. With the 8.5 Fast 12 LS and an x-stiff Fubuki Alpha, I'm around 3200 rpms max, which still isn't great, but I'll take the 800 less rpms. I've also hit the Black Tie in an x-stiff 8.5 and had similar numbers to the Fubuki, which surprised me as I was expecting the Black Tie to give me lower numbers. The Fast 12 LS just spins much less for me than anything else out there (Classic and I20 included).

In an effort to maximize distance with this tool, I added the 1/2" extension and dialed it down to 7.5*/open (I've got the 8.5* head with the Black Tie). Unreal. The ballflight is freakish with this set up. The extra 1/2" helps with a little higher launch, and the ball flies so flat with so much run. Just wow. People want to try it out. Probably not the most reliable in terms of accuracy, but I've never hit drives this long. Everybody is different, obviously, but this stick is solid. I like it more and more...nay, I LOVE it.

Srixon Z785 
Cleveland Classic XL 14*, Black Tie X
Srixon Z945 3-PW, Project X 6.5
Cleveland RTX 3 52*, 56* 60*, Dynamic Gold 
Odyssey Sabretooth Backstryke w/Flat Cat 

I've been bagging my older 9015D lately. Tried a couple of the newer drivers but then had a try out day at the driving range and the 9015D won. Anyway I was interested in some F11 SS 3+ and also a F11 TI 5 fairways and called Adams to ask them some questions about the head size as they seem very similiar. Was told that the 3+SS was at 158cc and the 5Ti was at 149cc, not much difference which is fine with me.

While I had the guy on the phone I asked him about the breakage problems with the F12LS and he told me that the newer ones have an upgraded sleeve that they are using. It can be identified from the old sleeve as the adjustments on the new sleeve are alpha and the old sleeve are numeric. He mentioned something else about the shaft but I didn't get if it had been changed or what. Something to look for when you go to buy.

[quote name='Redhill' timestamp='1345228011' post='5490146']
I've been bagging my older 9015D lately. Tried a couple of the newer drivers but then had a try out day at the driving range and the 9015D won. Anyway I was interested in some F11 SS 3+ and also a F11 TI 5 fairways and called Adams to ask them some questions about the head size as they seem very similiar. Was told that the 3+SS was at 158cc and the 5Ti was at 149cc, not much difference which is fine with me.

While I had the guy on the phone I asked him about the breakage problems with the F12LS and he told me that the newer ones have an upgraded sleeve that they are using. It can be identified from the old sleeve as the adjustments on the new sleeve are alpha and the old sleeve are numeric. He mentioned something else about the shaft but I didn't get if it had been changed or what. Something to look for when you go to buy.
[/quote]

I have one of both as I have an original and just was sent a few of the new version so I can shaft things up. I'll post pics for reference sometime of the next few days. As stated before, its no longer numeric.

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

This thread has gotten me really excited about this driver. I am currently playing a 8.5 D3 (at 7.75*) with a Project X 7b3 and it launches way to high for me. But I can keep it in the fairway though.

I also have a Cobra S9.1 Pro D and that club is perfect for me at 8.5* (low spin), outside of the fact that my bad drives can get really ugly.

Any chance that the 12LS will combine the best of both worlds, i.e. low spin, but still forgiving? I don't really care that much about workability with a driver, I just don't want to hit that one or two wild tee shots that end up costing me tournaments.

Any WILD shots with this driver?

Thanks!