Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='adams603' timestamp='1345247225' post='5491796']
No driver is going to totally hide bad shots. However I have noticed that my misses both right and left aren't as bad. I've left my hands open and hit a big slice. When I got to my ball it was only 15 or so yards right. Usually it would be a fairway over.
[/quote]

That's what I was looking for. Even with my 910 D3, when I hit a really bad shot it might slice over to the next fairway, but that happens only very rarely, and only because it was a terrible swing (probably from going all out). A typical bad swing will end up being a week push/fade that still ends up in play just not too long. Whereas with the Cobra S9.1 Pro-D, a typical bad swing ends up being an ugly fade/slice, even some of my good swings (at least that is what I feel) still end up slicing. A really bad swing and the ball virtually makes a 90 degree L-shaped turn 50 yards into the trees
I understand that really bad shots will still end up in the trees/other fairway. I just don't want slight misses to be going 50 yards right.

[quote name='stk123' timestamp='1345401820' post='5498958']
Does anybody here know what the typical head weight is for this driver? Is it around 190 grams or so?

I am trying to figure out what I need in order to get the right swing weight with my preferred length.
[/quote]

What length are you looking to play? What's the weight of the shaft?

I have a couple of different weights and shafts to play. I have the Black Tie that plays at 44.5". With that set-up, I have a 16g weight for the head that plays at D4.

I also have an DI-6x that plays at 44.75". That same weight plays at D6. With an 8g weight it plays to D2.

I hope this helps. Also, if anyone wants to do some shaft swapping, let me know.

Does anybody here know what the typical head weight is for this driver? Is it around 190 grams or so?

I am trying to figure out what I need in order to get the right swing weight with my preferred length.
[/quote]
If you call Adams they will send you weights to get you where you need to go. Clubs comes with a 2 and an 8 gram for D0 and D2 SW at 45". I needed to get to D6 they sent me a 11,12, and 13 but I think I am still going to need lead tape as the 13 should only get me to around D4ish. The weights they send me are smaller in diameter than the stock ones but the thread pattern is the same. wonder why?

M1 440 8.5 Project X Hzrdus Black
SLDR Mini 12 long neck black tie 80
x2 Hot 5 Deep 82x Diamana D+
Titleist 714 AP2 KBS Tour X
ATV Tour issue 54/58
XFT 50
Bettinardi Kuchar Model 1 Arm Lock

That's very helpful, thanks.

I am looking to play 44.5" and about a D3 swingweight; based on what you told me I can the do the math and figure it out. I also found a useful swingweight chart online that helps.

When i say 44.5" is that measured to but end of shaft or grip? If shaft then would I subtract 1/8' from grip end?

• 1 month later...

I have a 9.5 degree Fast 12LS head with a Matrix Black Tie 7m3 and it is the best driver setup I have ever found. I play to a 1 hdcp and nothing I have used has come close to this. It is accurate, long, and the flight is nice and flat -- flies long and then rolls a long way. I have already picked up an 8.5 deg head for next season. OTOH, I did not like the Fubuki shaft it shipped with -- did not like the one in my Nike Machspeed either. I would recommend buying the head alone and then picking up a shaft that works for your swing (unless that happens to be the Fubuki).

[quote name='fridge' timestamp='1349637674' post='5762297']
I have a 9.5 degree Fast 12LS head with a Matrix Black Tie 7m3 and it is the best driver setup I have ever found. I play to a 1 hdcp and nothing I have used has come close to this. It is accurate, long, and the flight is nice and flat -- flies long and then rolls a long way. I have already picked up an 8.5 deg head for next season. OTOH, I did not like the Fubuki shaft it shipped with -- did not like the one in my Nike Machspeed either. I would recommend buying the head alone and then picking up a shaft that works for your swing (unless that happens to be the Fubuki).
[/quote]

Fridge I am kind of in the exact opposite scenario as you. I am a 2 hdcp and I have my Fast 12 with the Matrix Black Tie 7m3 and it is not working out for me. I need a shaft with a little more spin. I would prefer a Kiyoshi or Devotion in X flex. If anyone is interested in trading with me let me know. My Black tie shaft is tour issue with T serial number and etched into it "not for resale". I would really love a Kiyoshi or Devotion. Also it is in a left handed driver so idk adapter wise if that matters?

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
:titleist:Scotty Cameron Champions Choice NP2 33.5" - Lamkin Deep Etched Cord

I bought a Fast 12 LS 8.5* off the BST with an Oban Kiyoshi Black (According to Titleist Chart this is the lowest launching lowest spinning shaft) 65 in X-flex; supposed to be Tour Issue. I swear that I hit some of my longest drives ever with this driver; as in two, 340 yard tee shots during one round (laser measured) and this never happens to me. At the same time I am still not sure if it is very forgiving. I feel like I am losing a lot on contact more than an inch off the sweet spot. I haven't yet figured out if the super long drives on the sweet spot make them simply feel than much shorter or if it is actually not forgiving. I actually have my set to 7.5* and 1 degree open face.

My longest (no pun intended) problem with drivers, and virtually all clubs, has been too much spin and too high launch angle. To offset this I learned to play a draw with every club in my bag. If I played a fade it would turn into a balloon.

But with the Fast 12 LS I can now hit penetrating power fades that never balloon, unless I slice one. So one round I actually decided to play a fade with the driver about a week after I bought it. Funny thing is now I play a fade with my driver and a draw with the other 12 clubs in my bag. I have to say that it is so much better playing a fade, because now I hardly ever lose the ball left. I have to say that I never hook the ball by accident anymore, and only lose it left with the rare double cross, albeit straight ball. My ball is playable a lot more often now.

Overall great club, just have to learn to hit the sweet spot more consistently. I already cut it down a little just below 45". Need to figure it out, and/or practice more with it.

[quote name='schwollo' timestamp='1349754251' post='5769025']
This thread has my attention now.anyone compare to a razr fit ? Those are what I'm looking at right now
[/quote]
I wanted to love the RAZR Fit, but I've never gotten along with Callaway drivers for some reason. The RAZR spins about 500-800 rpms more for me so I was losing 10-15 yards. If you struggle with high spin, then demo the Fast 12LS. Oddly, the Fubuki worked best for me. I get about the same numbers with the 6m3.1, but the Fubuki felt much better. I went with the 8.5 in x-flex. SS is around 115.

This thread has my attention now.anyone compare to a razr fit ? Those are what I'm looking at right now
[/quote]
I'm currently gaming a RAZR Fit (GD AD-DI 7X, and I have a Fast 12 LS (with Fubuki 60X) on the way, so I should be able to compare later this week. I like the RAZR Fit, but I prefer a deeper face, and I've heard a lot of good things about the F12 LS, so I wanted to do a comparison to see if it works better than the RAZR Fit for me.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='yumanike' timestamp='1349783078' post='5769703']
[/quote]
I wanted to love the RAZR Fit, but I've never gotten along with Callaway drivers for some reason. The RAZR spins about 500-800 rpms more for me so I was losing 10-15 yards. If you struggle with high spin, then demo the Fast 12LS. Oddly, the Fubuki worked best for me. I get about the same numbers with the 6m3.1, but the Fubuki felt much better. I went with the 8.5 in x-flex. SS is around 115.
[/quote]

in the same boat here, i picked up the Fast LS as it finished second to the RAZR Fit in my fitting by a narrow margin and i just for some reason never felt that comfortable with the RAZR. With the Black Tie, the Fast LS has been working well for me. To the earlier poster - i played on Sat and thought for sure on two drives where i could not track my ball after contact I had hit horrendous drives, only for my playing partners to be like - "um, what are you talking about, you're in the middle of the fairway"

I still think that in order to get the most out of this driver you have to hit it on the sweet spot (just above center of the club face). I just came back from the range, where I hit 9 out of 10 shots on the money and this club is a cannon.

Now I have to figure out how to carry this over to the course, where I tend to miss the sweet spot a lot more often.

[quote name='stk123' timestamp='1349833234' post='5773829']
I still think that in order to get the most out of this driver you have to hit it on the sweet spot (just above center of the club face). I just came back from the range, where I hit 9 out of 10 shots on the money and this club is a cannon.

Now I have to figure out how to carry this over to the course, where I tend to miss the sweet spot a lot more often.
[/quote]

I have found that the LS is actually pretty forgiving results-wise. When I first got mine, I was hitting it low and sometimes off the toe at the range and thinking these balls are going nowhere. When I got it on the course I realized that the mishits were a lot better than they felt. This driver does not feel very good on mishits compared to other drivers but the results are very playable. In most cases (at least in my experience) they end up a lot better than I thought they would.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

I have one of the tour issue glued fast 12 ls drivers coming in tomorrow. I am going to shaft it up with my vc 7.2 ts and give a lil mini review for you guys. I loved the ball speed and the distance i got with my retail fast 12ls, but even with it all the way opened I fought a wild hook once a round that would have me hitting 3 off the tee. I can actually play a fade with my superfast 2.0 v1 head and the same shaft, although I lost 10 to 15 yards to the fast 12ls. I had this one bent open as much as possible to combat that, and I am thinking the lack of the adjustable hosel could make it less draw biased for me as well. Ill let you guys know after this weekend.

Taylormade m6 8.0  t1100 85 6.5
Taylormade m5 15   T1100 95 6.5
Pxg gen 2 x 3 iron 
Miura MC 501 raw 4-w Nippon spb x
Miura 51 55 59 wedges s400 
Slighter custom Tacoma

I have a new one in 8.5 with a black tie X if anyone wants to take it off my hands! Great ball speed and spin results, just didn't work for me.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

[/quote]

I hit the RF, Fast 12 LS adjustable and Fast 12 LS glued non-adjust (tour only head) . I thought the RF and regular F12LS launch pretty close. The ball seemed to have a little more roll out with the Fast 12Ls than with the RF but not really enough to matter. Both are solid heads. The glued Fast 12 LS launched a little lower, definitely had lower spin and felt better, probably due to being hot melted, that both. Adams should have come out with the glued version F12LS with the regular hosel over the adjustable one. Much better head IMO.

BTW, shaft in all 3 was an Accra Tour z+ 65

Has anybody a link where I could see a side by side comparison /review between the Fast 12 LS and the Ping G20 (stock shafts for both)

Thanks

Driver  :XXIO 10
Woods : COBRA RADSPEED 3W + 5W
Hybrids : NONE 
Irons : JPX-800-HD
Wedges : CLEVELAND CBX2  50-11 + 56-12 + 60-10
Putter : ODYSSEY WHITE HOT  RX  #2

[quote name='Ranger Rick' timestamp='1349893073' post='5776839']
Got fitted for one and had almost perfect number with a 9.5* set to 8,5* with a Fubuki Stiff. It is just out of my price range though and it would work out too expensive to pick one up off the bay due to shipping. Any ideas when these might start to be discounted?
[/quote]

Seen on eBay for less than 200 new and shipped.

[quote name='SwooshLT' timestamp='1349997969' post='5783021']
[quote name='Ranger Rick' timestamp='1349893073' post='5776839']
Got fitted for one and had almost perfect number with a 9.5* set to 8,5* with a Fubuki Stiff. It is just out of my price range though and it would work out too expensive to pick one up off the bay due to shipping. Any ideas when these might start to be discounted?
[/quote]

Seen on eBay for less than 200 new and shipped.
[/quote]

Plus $60 shipping to South Africa, plus 10% customs tax, 14% sales tax and possibly 30% since it is "luxury item" and it all adds up. It would be $370 by the time it arrived. That is only saving about $100 from retail here ($463 retail). Not sure if it is worth all the hassle.

Hypothetically if it is, what sort of numbers difference would I see between the Fubuki and Black Tie? With an 8,5* head I was launching between 10*-12* with 2600rpm total spin at 157mph ball speed (monitor doesn't measure swing speed, calculates it some other way and said it was 109mph. I think it was the foresight) I was thinking maybe if I went with the black tie in 9,5* in a stiff that should let me keep the launch about the same but knock the spin down 200-300 rpm?

[quote name='av1084' timestamp='1349977260' post='5781527']
If anyone wants to trade/sell/experiment with different f12ls shafts, give me a buzz. I love this thing and am looking to try out different shaft combos.
[/quote]

id be down with this, i love to tinker around. got a matrix in mine if you are interested, its x flex im looking to bring things back in the feel department and this guy is a little stout and low launching when paired with an already low spin head.

[quote name='Talon_Bomber' timestamp='1345406464' post='5499214']

[/quote]

What length are you looking to play? What's the weight of the shaft?

I have a couple of different weights and shafts to play. I have the Black Tie that plays at 44.5". With that set-up, I have a 16g weight for the head that plays at D4.

I also have an DI-6x that plays at 44.75". That same weight plays at D6. With an 8g weight it plays to D2.

I hope this helps. Also, if anyone wants to do some shaft swapping, let me know.
[/quote]

would love to try out your di6, but i too have a black tie and dont know if that would be any use to you. its an x flex weight sorted shaft

• 3 months later...

So I got the fast 12 LS last week in 10.5* with fubuki alpha stiff and have had 2 range sessions with it. It is LONG. It is also STRAIGHT. Really straight. I haven't had it on a LM, but I can tell by ball flight that its not spinning very much. Wow! I upgraded from a 2004 Launcher 460. I feel like I've died and gone to heaven.

$$$$