2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this is a great feeling driver. At Golfsmith on launch monitor this thing felt much much better than Titleist 910, TM R11S and RBZ. Perfect size and light feeling. The dispersion was the tightest by far and I swung it 3 mph faster consistently! And it wasn't that ugly in real life. Balls exploded off of the face.

I ordered one!.. Btw, that Funuki shaft felt great.

[quote name='mact3333' timestamp='1332815163' post='4588750']
Wow this is a great feeling driver. At Golfsmith on launch monitor this thing felt much much better than Titleist 910, TM R11S and RBZ. Perfect size and light feeling. The dispersion was the tightest by far and I swung it 3 mph faster consistently! And it wasn't that ugly in real life. Balls exploded off of the face.

I ordered one!.. Btw, that Funuki shaft felt great.
[/quote]

I ordered one tonight too. 8.5 stock Fubuki shaft. Lovin it!!!

I hit this recently on the simulator at the local big box. I am an Adams fan as the top end of my bag is all Adams gear. I liked this driver quite a bit but the stock set up didn't beat out my 9064 with axivcore green. With a little bit lower loft and a bit heavier shaft I am sure this would be a hammer for me! But for the time being I went with the Cleveland classic 290 / Kusala black combo for a change. But I am definitely still an Adams fan!

Mine is on the way! I got the 8.5* with the Fubuki X-flex. I went to a Taylormade and Adams demo day at Golfsmith expecting to walk away with an R11s. I went to the Taylormade booth first and was hitting some really solid drives with the R11s 9* with a RIP Phenom 65g X-flex and was pretty pleased with myself. The monitor at that booth wasn't working so as soon as the Adams booth was clear, we moved over there. Great results with the R11s, but the only issue was that I was spinning the ball around 3500-3800 rpms with a ball speed around 165-170. The Adams rep mentioned that if I could get that down to around 2500 rpms, I would pick up at least 10 yards of carry. I thanked the Taylormade rep and wrote down the specs of the R11s and since I was at the Adams booth, I asked if he had any of the XTDs. He did, but suggested I try the Speedline Fast 12 LS first. I agreed, and proceeded to hit bombs with the 8.5* Fubuki X-flex. Ball speed around 175 and spin right around 2500 rpms. Before bagging anything else, I would suggest you at least try the Speedline Fast 12 LS. As for the XTD hybrids, he only had the 17* and the 19* and both are too long for my current setup (D, 3w (13*), 2h (18*), 4h (24*) as the 19* was going 20 yards past my 18* (Nike CPR). If I can demo a 21* XTD, I may look at that to replace the 18*. They are the real deal!

[quote name='yumanike' timestamp='1332864605' post='4591868']
Mine is on the way! I got the 8.5* with the Fubuki X-flex. I went to a Taylormade and Adams demo day at Golfsmith expecting to walk away with an R11s. I went to the Taylormade booth first and was hitting some really solid drives with the R11s 9* with a RIP Phenom 65g X-flex and was pretty pleased with myself. The monitor at that booth wasn't working so as soon as the Adams booth was clear, we moved over there. Great results with the R11s, but the only issue was that I was spinning the ball around 3500-3800 rpms with a ball speed around 165-170. The Adams rep mentioned that if I could get that down to around 2500 rpms, I would pick up at least 10 yards of carry. I thanked the Taylormade rep and wrote down the specs of the R11s and since I was at the Adams booth, I asked if he had any of the XTDs. He did, but suggested I try the Speedline Fast 12 LS first. I agreed, and proceeded to hit bombs with the 8.5* Fubuki X-flex. Ball speed around 175 and spin right around 2500 rpms. Before bagging anything else, I would suggest you at least try the Speedline Fast 12 LS. As for the XTD hybrids, he only had the 17* and the 19* and both are too long for my current setup (D, 3w (13*), 2h (18*), 4h (24*) as the 19* was going 20 yards past my 18* (Nike CPR). If I can demo a 21* XTD, I may look at that to replace the 18*. They are the real deal!
[/quote]

So we have different launch computers in each manufacturer's booths, right? We also are comparing what the computer is telling us were getting for spin/distance/ball speed against what we do on the actual golf course. The 19 degree and 18 degree comparison might also be looked at. Now, I'm sure the Adams clubs are good clubs just as are so many others are as testified by others. What I don't think is real is the numbers translating to actual gains in distance when on an actual golf course and not a computer simulator. But all these stories make a compelling case for me to sell my used and buy something new. However, I've done that every year for a decade and I'm not hitting it that much further regardless of being 'fit' on a launch monitor or demo'ing actual clubs outdoors.

hey just an FYI to you F12 fans .. and to be honest one of the MAIN reasons I do like this driver

From a VERY VERY informed source matrix2.jpg

X-RAY.gif

The base color of the 12 series woods - the silver - is LITERALLY the exact same paint color as seen on the modern generation Mercedes Benz cars. Like this ..

mercedes_slr.jpg

and in fact ... (I don't TaylorMade will be that worried by this getting out) .. Mercedes itself supplied the paint code. You areliterally hitting Mercedes silver clubs ... How freaking cool is that

I am a GIGANTIC !!!! Formula 1 fan .. And I am a GIGANTIC Michael Schumacher fan ... HUGE !!!!! ... He da man!!!

post-42522-0-10860300-1319815895_thumb.jpg

mercedes.jpg

Pretty cool huh ;)

[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1332867212' post='4592142']
[/quote]

So we have different launch computers in each manufacturer's booths, right? We also are comparing what the computer is telling us were getting for spin/distance/ball speed against what we do on the actual golf course. The 19 degree and 18 degree comparison might also be looked at. Now, I'm sure the Adams clubs are good clubs just as are so many others are as testified by others. What I don't think is real is the numbers translating to actual gains in distance when on an actual golf course and not a computer simulator. But all these stories make a compelling case for me to sell my used and buy something new. However, I've done that every year for a decade and I'm not hitting it that much further regardless of being 'fit' on a launch monitor or demo'ing actual clubs outdoors.
[/quote]

Sorry for the mix up. All of the results happened in the same booth. Since we couldn't get any number off of the launch monitor in the Taylormade booth, we moved over to the Adams booth once the other person in the booth was done demoing. I typically hit my 18* about 220 yards and that is what I put up on the monitor and I was hitting the 19* XTD 240 yards with one having a total distance of 265 yards. I'm skeptical of the 265, but the XTD was consistently at least 20 yards longer than the CPR. The Nike CPR is from 2004, so take from that what you will. I'm convinced that the XTDs are the real deal. My main takeaway from the Adams Fast 12 LS was the lower spin and higher ball speed. My current driver is a R7 Superquad 10.5 with a Speeder 757 stiff that I was fit for several years ago before P90X (great for golf by the way!). That was when my SS was 105. Now it is about 115 and I spin the 10.5* way too much (3800-4500rpm). Hence, my search for a new driver.

[quote name='yumanike' timestamp='1332870386' post='4592530']
[quote name='Shankopottamus' timestamp='1332867212' post='4592142']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry for the mix up. All of the results happened in the same booth. Since we couldn't get any number off of the launch monitor in the Taylormade booth, we moved over to the Adams booth once the other person in the booth was done demoing. I typically hit my 18* about 220 yards and that is what I put up on the monitor and I was hitting the 19* XTD 240 yards with one having a total distance of 265 yards. I'm skeptical of the 265, but the XTD was consistently at least 20 yards longer than the CPR. The Nike CPR is from 2004, so take from that what you will. I'm convinced that the XTDs are the real deal. My main takeaway from the Adams Fast 12 LS was the lower spin and higher ball speed. My current driver is a R7 Superquad 10.5 with a Speeder 757 stiff that I was fit for several years ago before P90X (great for golf by the way!). That was when my SS was 105. Now it is about 115 and I spin the 10.5* way too much (3800-4500rpm). Hence, my search for a new driver.
[/quote]
Gotcha! Great luck to you and the new sticks!

I REALLY want to try this driver. Everything I've heard is that it's absolutely sick, and it doesn't hurt that it comes stock with a Fubuki Alpha. I actually saw a lefty one when I went in to the PGA Superstore in Dallas, and I was in love. They also had every i20 combo, and the VR LTD driver/woods that looked literally perfect. It's really tough being a lefty. black%20eye.gif

Titleist TSi3 10* (at 9.25*) w/ Tour AD DI 6X 
Titleist TSR2 15* w/ Tour AD MJ 8X
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid w/ Fuji Atmos Blue Tour Spec 8X

Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3 iron w/ KBS Tour V S HS'd
Titleist 716CB 4-P w/ DG AMT TI X100 SS'd
Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 54.10 (1* strong) and 58.08 with Onyx DGTI S400
PING PLD Anser D 35"

2021 ProV1 or Left Dash ProV1x (or random other tour quality balls LOL)

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1332705572' post='4576802']

The Speedline Fast 12 LS driver's standard shaft will be the Fubuki Alpha with MD Technology, which is designed for the player who wants a more stable, lower spinning shaft. For a golfer looking for an even lower launching and lower spinning option, the Matrix Ozik 6M3 Black Tie will be offered as a custom option with no up-charge. Additionally, [b][u]a higher launching option, the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue with Speed Coat Technology[/u] [/b] will be offered as a custom option at no additional charge as well.
[/quote]

The Fast 12 with PL Blue is on sale at RBG for $270 + free shipping. If you use American Express, coupon code "10off" takes 10% off (expires 4/15), so the total would be $243 shipped.

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

[quote name='JBent9610' timestamp='1333070565' post='4609783']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1332705572' post='4576802']
The Speedline Fast 12 LS driver's standard shaft will be the Fubuki Alpha with MD Technology, which is designed for the player who wants a more stable, lower spinning shaft. For a golfer looking for an even lower launching and lower spinning option, the Matrix Ozik 6M3 Black Tie will be offered as a custom option with no up-charge. Additionally, [b][u]a higher launching option, the Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue with Speed Coat Technology[/u] [/b] will be offered as a custom option at no additional charge as well.
[/quote]

The Fast 12 with PL Blue is on sale at RBG for $270 + free shipping. If you use American Express, coupon code "10off" takes 10% off (expires 4/15), so the total would be $243 shipped.
[/quote]

Fast 12 and Fast 12 LS are different drivers

Just received a tour issue Fast 12LS 9.5 with GD AD DJ 6X last week. I've played Adams drivers for several years...4250DF 9.5 and 9064LS 9.5 and still have both in play depending on conditions. Those two are hot-melted D8 sledgehammers. After several long range sessions comparing the three drivers the Fast 12LS, much to my surprise, has won me over.

I am not a fan of adjustable drivers [ I am obsessive compulsive and either end up tinkering with the set-up too much or think that I should ... to ever be satisfied]. But the slight adjustments that the Fast 12LS offers produce differing, easily recognizable results in ball flight that make a decision about set-up easy and definitive. After trying all the settings, I ended up at -.5 in loft; +.5 in lie; +.5 open and I can put the Adams tool away.

The Fast 12LS produces effortless distances that exceed the other two on a consistent basis with similar dispersion. That's all I could ask from a new driver.

Rev.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Demo day on Friday and I tried about 15 different drivers. The Fast 12 with the Fubuki OR the Black Tie beat em all! I picked up 6-8 mph of ballspeed from my Ping G20. No joke. Rocketballz was pretty good numbers wise, but the feel was not the same. This Adams feels amazing and I played on Sunday with my new driver. I can tell you in all my years of playing golf at my club, I've NEVER hit it into some of the spots I was in on Sunday. It's ridiculous!

Just try one.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

I wanted to like this driver but it lost the battle to the cleveland classic.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

absolutely loving mine so far. Have hit some real bombs with it and am hitting just as many FW's as before.

hit some of the longest drives I remember on my home course with this beast. I can also lay back and find the FW at 270-275 as well. Can now cut the corner on a par 5 that I couldn't before.

AI Smoke Triple Diamond 

HiBore 2w “Unicorn”

G410 3w & 3h

Currently testing the rest 🙂 

I wanted to hate this driver. I've been playing various Adams drivers over the past couple years, and I was ready for something new. Had my heart set on the i20 or the Classic 290. Of course, I had to try to Fast 12 LS, and luckily I didn't like it very much with the Fubuki. I know the rep a litle bit, and he told me to try it with the Black Tie. Absolutely smoked it. And of course, not I'm getting yet another Adams.

[quote name='highendgolf' timestamp='1334631602' post='4735424']
Gaming a 10.5 with Tour AD EV 6X loving it now. At first it was a little tinny needed some weight had my clubbuilder here in south florida (The Golf Mechanic) add about 6 grams of hotmelt to it got to say it's been a gem ever since....
[/quote]

Where did he hot melt yours at?

[color=#1C2837][size=2]I posted this under the topic Experiences with Adams Fast 12 Drive, but I wanted to post it here also.[/size][/color][color=#1C2837][size=2]
[color=#1C2837][size=2]
[/size][/color]Fast12 LS update.[/size][/color]<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">[color=#1C2837][size=2]My Fast 12 LS got here last week on Tuesday so I was able to hit it on the simulator on Thursday before my round on Saturday. No surprises there, just long, really really long. So Saturday rolls around and in addition to the new driver, I'm trying a "new" swing. Before, I was getting on plane on the way back, but on my follow through, the club was coming through at about 70* instead of about 45* where it should be. The swing was working on the range so I was feeling pretty good. The first hole at Wolf Creek is a 546yd par 5 from the blues. In addition to my father in law, we had two other gentlemen in our group and one of them had a laser range finder (which I will get to later). I split the fairway and had about 250 yds left for my approach. Ok, so far so good. Hole 3 is also a par 5 at 543 yds and I figured that I should go for broke. Wrong! Only slice of the day. So after that mishap I started to settle into the round. Some other notable drives of the day came at 12, a 342 yd par 4 where I had a 40 yd approach after my drive and then hole 16, a 409 yd par 4 where I really go a hold of one. The gentleman with the range finder had to verify my drive on that hole after it just seemed to just hang in the air. As a crow flies, it went 320 yds! Not too bad. I tried to cut the corner of the par 5 17, which didn't work out quite as I planned and after a snowman we were on 18. At Wolf Creek for the blue and gold tees on 18, there is a hill. We decided to play from the golds at 569yds. I caught my drive off of the toe a bit, but it still hung in the air. When I got up to my drive, I was 270 yds from the hole. Not too bad! The approach is uphill a bit, but there was a little wind behind us now that we were on the left part of the dogleg. There was still a group up on the green, but I decided to hit because I didn't want to be the jackass who waits for the green to clear from 270 and then tops the ball or snap hooks it into the trees. Nobody likes that guy. Anyway, I pulled out my 3 wood and put a nice easy swing on the ball and it took off like a rocket and just hung in the air. It hit about 10 yards in front of the green and then bounded forward and rolled out gently onto the green. The group in front was nice enough to not tee it up and hit it back to me. My approach left me with a 30 ft putt with about 8 inches of break. Here is where I break character. I made a nice even tempo swing and watched the ball take off on the correct line and then curl into the hole for an Eagle! Long story short, I love the Adams Fast 12 LS. It is putting me in places on the course where I hadn't been before (in a good way). I'd say if you have a swing speed over 105, or struggle with high spin, hit it before deciding on anything else.[/size][/color]

[quote name='johzel' timestamp='1333843009' post='4673794']
What handicap levels can play the Fast 12 LS? Vs. the non-adjustable Fast 12 version? I realize nothing is ever so simple but am looking for rough "guidelines" between the two drivers. Thanks.
[/quote]

I don't think that there is a handicap level for this driver. I have one, and I am a high handicap player (27). I put in an ADDI-6s and since then, I have found a ton of fairways. I am hitting the ball straighter and farther than ever. As a matter of fact, i hit my best round ever on Saturday with it. I finally broke the 90 barrier!

edit: Sorry, I'm hitting the LS

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link