2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Adams Fast 12 LS driver...uhhh, ballspeed -THEY DID IT AGAIN-

dlefty

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this head with the Fubuki Alpha shaft, I love it.

It has been in rotation with an Oban Devotion shafted Nike VRS and it was a tricky decision which to let go... but the Fast 12 LS is in the bag.

Ping G430 Max (8*) --- Ventus Blue
Ping G430 Max (15*)  --- Hzrdus Red

Ping G430 Hybrid (21*) --- Hzrdus Red
PXG 0311 XP Gen4 (6i-G) --- Project X IO
PXG 0311 SD2 (50*|54*|60*) --- Project X IO
SIK “Sho” C-Series Milled (34”)

The Fast 12 Ls / Fubuki Alpha replaced a Ping Anser /TFC 800d in my bag. I originally bought the F12, just to pull the Fubuki shaft to use in the Anser, but liked it so much I sold the Ping .

Both drivers were the same loft but I got a lower spinning/ hotter ballflight with the F12. The Anser was shorter hitting into the wind mostly because the TFC shaft was a bit weak to flex IMO, The Fubuki shaft is much more stable feeling.

The F12 cost about 1/4 what the Ping did and has a better stock shaft. For how cheap you can buy them, I dont think there is a better deal out there right now. IMO if Adams hadn't chose the ugly silver color for the F12, this driver would have been a good seller in 2012.

Bag Setup - changes too often to bother listing

I play a RBZ Tour with the RIP Phenom shaft TM TP shaft, it ain't too bad, sometimes I play that with a Harrison Eclipse also = its long but it ain't as memorable long as my old SFTP with a Fubuki or a dialed in X-flex Blueboard G20, both BSTed....blah, blah, blah..<kick self for being greedy>...... :slow_en:

So I went down to Roger Dunn, planning to scout out the R1s....out of the blue at Roger Dunn today I saw the Fubuki shaft while waiting for a LM cubicle.

Fast 12 LS...where did I see this before????? Alpha...even better.

Adams...hmmmh...could be a REAL DEAL shaft here... :busted_cop:

I just wanted to feel the Fubuki shaft so I took it to one of the LM cubicles. The first thing that blew me away was the clubhead speed. They were faster than all the other drivers I tested. As someone said, the low speed on the Fast 12 LS was the HIGHEST speed on some of the drivers....

...so I ended up going home, doing some more research..and then driving back and picking the best demo Fast 12 LS they had. It was clean, clean, clean...can't wait to take it out tomorrow. 50-50 it will be a good or bad day since I am coming back to golf after a 1 yr and 6 mths lay off so my swing is still "redeveloping".

Tough game golf is. Changed mmy irons from S57s to G25s and now the driver to Fast 12 LS.

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz Maz Broomstick ACCRA shaft, 44"
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hearing all the hype about the SLDR and generally being a high spin player I have been testing all the latest drivers out lately. I currently play the Callaway Razr Fit driver and 3 wood, both set to open. The 460 SLDR was nice but the 430 gave me a WOW factor. I was seeing spin rates under 2K which is very rare for me. Although the 430 is nice I could still use the extra forgiveness of the 460 on those off days or slightly miss hit drives. I usual get a base set of number off my driver to compare with others. Nothing wrong with my current setup but also looking for better. The SLDR was by far the best numbers but $400-$500 is a lot of coin for a driver. So while waiting for a bay to open I was looking at the used rack at a local Golfsmith. I often just look to see what shafts are in the drivers. I saw the Fubuki and then noticed it was the Fast 12 LS. What the heck, let me give it a go. Now 3 years ago I was a 106-108 swing speed player. Now I rarely mostly see 101-103 range, age and back has caught up to me. So a few warm up swings, driver feels good, light but not bad. WOW, say what?!? Spin was just over 2K and my swing speed was 105. I have not seen 105 in years. 150 smash factor as well. I went back and forth between my driver, the SLDR, and a few others verses the Fast 12 LS and for speed and smash factor nothing came close to the Fast 12 LS. So needless to say a Fast 12 LS is on the way and I will be looking for a second one just to keep in the back up bag.

I have a 7.5 and 8.5 in the back up bag now. absolute bomber. Just trying out a super ls to see if I can get a different flight. loving Adams last few offerings.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

I had one of the original purple Kiyoshi shafts in my 9064LS before picking up the Fast 12LS. The Fubuki is smooth, but I just like the Kiyoshi more, so I bought an Adams tip from Will Peoples, and haven't yet hit anything I like better than the Fast 12LS and the Kiyoshi.

Have had an F11Ti 3 wood in the bag for a couple of years now, and although I keep threatening to replace the Voodoo shaft, I hit it well enough that I don't feel like I really need to. Occasionally, I'll be stupid enough to really go after one and hook it into the next county, but as with the Fast 12LS, until I find something I hit better or more consistently, they're both staying in the bag.

I had about a three month layoff due to an injured left hip flexor, so I spent time in the gym over that period, and just had my first lesson for the year last week. Boy, am I wishing I'd been in the gym working hard years ago...

Cobra Bio Cell 9.5, Oban Kiyoshi Stiff
Adams F11 Ti 15 degree, VooDoo 70gr. Stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 18 degree hybrid, Aldila NV Stiff
Titleist 910F 21, set to 22 degrees, Diamana Kai'li Stiff
Ping i20 5-P, CFS Stiff
Vokey TVD-K 56 (bent to 55), TVD-K 60, S300
TaylorMade Spider Blade 38"

I had played a 9.5° with the stock Fubuki for the better part of two years. Right before Christmas last year, I picked up an XTD Ti and was convinced I needed something newer. It's nice, but it never felt as good as my F12. Today I went to the range and threw in my old club and hit it so much better. The new hybrids are great, but I feel like the golden age of Adams is over. :boredom:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

been playing this driver for couple years but have considered going to g30 or i25. i don't launch my drives very high and thinking the g30 would help along with little forgiveness, but the fast 12 ls has been great.

how much of a difference is distance and especially forgiveness will i see by making the switch to the g30

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

I've also tried out the Ping G30 and it is an [u]Excellent Driver[/u], It looks good(very stealth) and feels good but also for me I hit the 12* SF head long and also higher than my usual driver (which was then a Cleveland DST 10.5 in Stiff). The Ping G30 is sooo easy to hit and very consistant across the face

The DST was always a bit low and the bad shot a push to the right. After a few hits with a G30 Std head with Stiff shaft ,The Ping guys gave me the Reg shaft and 12* SF head (without telling me) and I was amazed how much better the flight was and how much air time the ball was flying. I really liked the G30, The real problem I have is justifying paying nearly £300 for one club.

Hence my decision for now to buy the Adams Fast 12 (£35 and hardly used), it 10.5 but has the Speedcoat Blue shaft which really suits my swing, I seem to be getting the Higher flight and longer carry although I must admit off centre hits and no-where near as forgiving as the G30.

If want a consistent driver and you have the Money to get Fit for the G30 its a cracking club, but I do think the Adams is a belter and it's much longer than my previous DST.

Driver for Show Putter for dough!

• 9 months later...

You should change the name of this post to 'Adams Fast 12 LS vs Everything New'

Started playing in 2007, and its taken me this long to get to a point where I can finally go hit driver in a launch monitor and really see differences in equipment and not just grab another club that happened to have a better swing so it gives me amazing numbers vs the last one.

But I have such a basic driver, 9.5 Fast 12 LS with the stock Fubuki S shaft. $70 in any store in America.

I tried:

Nike Vapor with Diamana S+
SLDR stock S shaft
Whatever the newest Titleist is, 915? 913? Tried the same Diamana in S and X, all kinds of lofts from 8.5-10.5 (closest winner in 8.5 which is strange)
Adams XTD Ti
Bio Cell + with stock Matrix 10.5
Regular Bio Cell PXV 6.0 9.5
Big Bertha Alpha
Aeroburner
R15
Another Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie S
Ping G30 Stock shaft S
Cobra Fly Z stock shaft S

I REALLY wanted to buy something new. I was almost disappointed to find that I already had the best thing for me, which I only own because of recommendations I've read on here. The closest thing to justify a new purchase was the Titleist but they were like dead even. So I guess I'm keeping my Fast 12 and sending the head out to get painted gloss black.

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1434568505' post='11770604']did i read that Langer is still using the fast 12 ls[/quote]

Yep, and the Pro Black MB irons as well if I recall correctly. The F12LS is definitely a beast and other than its crown is near perfect, IMO.

Callaway Epic Speed TD LS 9* Fujikura Ventus Blue 6x
Callaway Epic Flash 15* and 21* ACCRA CS1 70 M5
Adams Super 9031 23* Nunchuk Xi
Newl Level 902 Forged 5-P Nippon Modus 125X
Cleveland RTX4 50 and New Level M-Type 54, 58 Nippon Modus 125
Byron Morgan 612
Shapland stand bag or PING Moonlite
Snell MTB X

• 4 weeks later...

Bump on an old thread. Has anyone pulled the adapter off the Alpha? If so, was it tipped and what length was it?

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

• 10 months later...

I've been playing an Adams F12 LS for the past 4 seasons. I've tried different things over the seasons and each of them lasted about a week (Callaway Big Bertha Alpha, Ping G30, Mizuno JPX 850, and recently a Mizuno JPX EZ). There has yet to be anything that I am as comfortable with or get remotely better numbers with. I am going to go ahead and just commit to this one for the rest of the season and try my best to stick with "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Anyone one else still loving this club?

20tjfpc.jpg

Yep, I have two of them, well almost two, my best friend has now stolen one off me and he loves it as do I, they are scary long and easy to hit, plus I have two normal fast12's, in my eyes there is nothing better than Adam's equipment, awesome irons and some fantastic woods, just bagged myself a super xtd ti fairway wood with a Grafalloy blue x flex in and that is just a bomber, best part was the price, $30.

Yep, I have two of them, well almost two, my best friend has now stolen one off me and he loves it as do I, they are scary long and easy to hit, plus I have two normal fast12's, in my eyes there is nothing better than Adam's equipment, awesome irons and some fantastic woods, just bagged myself a super xtd ti fairway wood with a Grafalloy blue x flex in and that is just a bomber, best part was the price, $30.

Right on. I have a backup head with the plastic still on it. Adams was great, I wish they were still going. I had that hometown pride thing going on when they were still in Plano.

In my eyes no comparison, taylormade ripped everything off adams and made it cheaper, do you think the M1 is new technology? Google an adams RPM driver... hmmmm... something a little familiar there.

cleveland did it before them....

stealth 2 plus, 10.5 Titleist 6x tr blue

Cobra 4 iron 
G425 5 and 7 woods red ventus 90x

Tsi2 3 wood RDX black x

PXG 0311xp 5-gw, 0211 G,SW,LW  Wilson ci11 w/ ctaper 130x

Titleist sm9 s400 56,60
2ball blade
Titleist v1x

(Just had a shoulder replaced and I am buying clubs for my fantasy bag).

I have to update on what I've switched to from the Fast 12 LS with stock Fubuki S.

Recently got a Fly-Z (non +) with a Speeder 6.3 Tour Spec Stiff.

I set the Cobra at 12*, drives are launching at the same starting out but just keep climbing, in a good way. Without question I am hitting much longer, straighter drives, maybe I didn't need the low spin of the LS. I thought with the Adams I was reaching my driving distance potential at times but I clearly wasn't. My instructor recommended I get a G30 because it has weight so far back but found a great deal on the Cobra where the CG is also very far back. Or maybe I just happened to find the perfect shaft for where my swing is at right now, but the LS is sidelined for now. Might pick up the same shaft and put an LS adapter on it for a comparison. I had tested both the Cobra and G30 before in a simulated and the Adams beat them out but both had stock shafts. Huge difference with the Speeder shaft.