TaylorMade buys Adams Golf!!! (merged)

easyyy

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes no one can trust them. I once met a TaylorMade rep at our local golf show that clearly knew nothing about the products he was selling. It became very apparently when he "fit" me to a regular flex, 10.5* R11 with an open face to "correct" the craw I was playing. Seeing as the launch monitor they had brought was picking up my SS at 116, launch angle at 19*, I'd say he was very far off. I'll stick to Titleist. Never been upset with a product from them, customer service has been awesome, and and the clubs are, well frankly, Titleist. There's a reason they lead the PGA wins list this year in every equipment category, from metalwoods, down to the Vokey's and Scotty's.

Titleist 910D2 8.5, Oban Devotion 7
Titleist 910F 13.5, Motore Speeder 7.0
TItleist 910F 19, Diamana Kai'li 70
Mizuno MP-32 4-PW, S400
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.14, 60.04
Ping Redwood Anser

[quote name='play18now' timestamp='1332385613' post='4554258']
Yes no one can trust them. I once met a TaylorMade rep at our local golf show that clearly knew nothing about the products he was selling. It became very apparently when he "fit" me to a regular flex, 10.5* R11 with an open face to "correct" the craw I was playing. Seeing as the launch monitor they had brought was picking up my SS at 116, launch angle at 19*, I'd say he was very far off. I'll stick to Titleist. Never been upset with a product from them, customer service has been awesome, and and the clubs are, well frankly, Titleist. [b]There's a reason they lead the PGA wins list this year in every equipment category, from metalwoods, down to the Vokey's and Scotty's.[/b]
[/quote]

Can you quote a source for this? I'd like to see the #s.

There are 3 or 4 diagnosable irrationalities in all you have written. On one hand say you do not care what other people play. But You are more insistent on playing a brand different than everybody else? Doesn't that inescapably mean you care what other people are playing?

You also say that you want to play what works. If Adams had actually been a profitable company worthy of continuing operations on their own, would your lone wolf instinct have taken over and forced you to abandon your beloved brand of choice because 3 of 4 guys in your weekly 4 ball had fast12 drivers and CB3 irons?

Also, TM has stated that they want Adams to continue as an independent brand. If in 4 years, Adams Makes an iron set that perfectly suits your needs, would you not give them a second look simply because of the corporate structure behind them? Over a bad experience you had with one driver 5 or whatever years ago?

Also, nickent, Hogan, and macgregor have all been in your bag recently? Talk about a cooler! Anyone else hear the Callaway folks chanting "Please don't pick us, please dont pick us"?

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I'll keep playing the brands I play today. When it's time for something new, I'll go with what works.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

[quote name='Dugan408' timestamp='1332383324' post='4554028']
So I guess its a done deal, Adams Golf was finally bought out by Taylormade :russian_roulette: . I'm probably not the only one who is upset by this event. I understand there are many people who like taylormade products I'm just not somebody who likes their flashy gear. When I was first introduced to this game I bought an R7cgb max which was the biggest piece of **** on the face of the planet. I will never go back to their fairway woods, drivers or hybrids. I know this is pretty shallow of me but I tend to hold on to resentments longer than the average person.

When I found out about Adams Golf, I was extremely pleased about a golf brand that nobody else was playing. I really liked not seeing my brand not being in other people's bags. I guess all good things come to an end. Adams will probably be gutted out and the technology will be stolen from taylormade and my favorite golf clubs will be a thing of the past. My question is this: Which company will switch to after this tragic event? I'm making this list because maybe there are brands which I haven't thought of. Right now I'm leaning towards Tour Edge Exotics but if there are other brands besides taylormade I would love to hear from you in this thread
[/quote]

[b]"I was extremely pleased about a golf brand that nobody else was playing. I really liked not seeing my brand not being in other people's bags. I guess all good things come to an end".[/b]

This is the reason Adams is no more!

PING K15, 10.5*
PING K15, 5w
PING K15, 4 hybrid
PING Gmax, 5-SW
PING G20, LW (bent to 60*)
PING Nome

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1332306217' post='4548280']
[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1332304166' post='4548176']
Times do change and it does suck to see a brand you support get bought up or go by the wayside. It's amazing in golf how marketing can win over quality but it happens over and over. I think part of the problem is because of the golfing boom in the 90's that most golfers today just don't really know what real quality is when it comes to golf equipment. It's not exactly thier fault, it's just what thier use to. I guess you could agrue this happens in every industry, but if a car maker markets a car as the greatest thing ever and it doesn't perform then they develop a reputation, thier sales fall and they either make it better or go out of business. In golf if TM produces a dud, they just come out with a newer model 6-8 months later and begin the boasting process all over again. I do own a set of Adams irons and a couple of thier hybrids. I supported them because I believed thier quality and attention to detail was a little better than TM and a few others. In 37 years I went from MacGregor's to Titleist to Palmer to Lynx to Mizuno, and finally to Adams. Over time as a scratch player my options for quality equipment has slowly twindled down to a handful of options. Back in the day just about every club maker other than Ping offered a decent forged blade which gave a better player many options to choose from. It's understandable that golf equipment is marketed for the masses, if I was in charge of TM I would do exactly what they do because they are in business to make money. I hate to see the golf club industry go in this direction but until players stop buying brands like TM, and demand a little better quality, they will just continue to remarket the same old sorry a** repainted Burner Driver over and over again. Titleist and Mizuno still make quality equipment in my opinion, so I guess I will be going back to one of them for my next set of clubs down the road!
[/quote]

Well where do I start? For somebody who has been playing 37 yrs, you ought to know more about golf equipment and how to spell. One mistake is a typo, to spell the word "their" (as thier) incorrectly three times in two lines does not exactly make you seem too knowledgeable.
To call the RBZ a repainted Burner shows a lack of any kind of real club knowledge. Your favorites, Titleist and Mizuno make nice clubs without any appreciable new technology and have done so for many years. TM started the metalwoods business, Callaway made technology an essential part of improving the game of golf. TM then took the next step and have been the leader in recent years and they have zoomed to number 1. Titleist, Mizuno, and Ping combined have less in club sales than TM. They didn't have 55 fairway clubs in play last week on the PGA Tour within just a few weeks of release because "they are repainted Burners". The winner is a paid endorser of both Titleist and Mizuno, yet he is using TM woods and a Callaway putter, companies he does not endorse!
For the record, I have tried and tested every model of the Burners thru the years and none have ever made it into my bag. But the RBZs have with several clubs this year.
[/quote]

I was going to leave you a real nasty response but I figure here's some hacker with nothing better to do with his life but make a big deal about some bad spelling,,,lol!

Keep working on your golf game buddy, you'll get there some day!
Good Luck!

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1332454569' post='4558908']
Times do change and it does suck to see a brand you support get bought up or go by the wayside. It's amazing in golf how marketing can win over quality but it happens over and over. I think part of the problem is because of the golfing boom in the 90's that most golfers today just don't really know what real quality is when it comes to golf equipment. It's not exactly thier fault, it's just what thier use to. I guess you could agrue this happens in every industry, but if a car maker markets a car as the greatest thing ever and it doesn't perform then they develop a reputation, thier sales fall and they either make it better or go out of business. In golf if TM produces a dud, they just come out with a newer model 6-8 months later and begin the boasting process all over again. I do own a set of Adams irons and a couple of thier hybrids. I supported them because I believed thier quality and attention to detail was a little better than TM and a few others. In 37 years I went from MacGregor's to Titleist to Palmer to Lynx to Mizuno, and finally to Adams. Over time as a scratch player my options for quality equipment has slowly twindled down to a handful of options. Back in the day just about every club maker other than Ping offered a decent forged blade which gave a better player many options to choose from. It's understandable that golf equipment is marketed for the masses, if I was in charge of TM I would do exactly what they do because they are in business to make money. I hate to see the golf club industry go in this direction but until players stop buying brands like TM, and demand a little better quality, they will just continue to remarket the same old sorry a** repainted Burner Driver over and over again. Titleist and Mizuno still make quality equipment in my opinion, so I guess I will be going back to one of them for my next set of clubs down the road!
[/quote]

Well where do I start? For somebody who has been playing 37 yrs, you ought to know more about golf equipment and how to spell. One mistake is a typo, to spell the word "their" (as thier) incorrectly three times in two lines does not exactly make you seem too knowledgeable.
To call the RBZ a repainted Burner shows a lack of any kind of real club knowledge. Your favorites, Titleist and Mizuno make nice clubs without any appreciable new technology and have done so for many years. TM started the metalwoods business, Callaway made technology an essential part of improving the game of golf. TM then took the next step and have been the leader in recent years and they have zoomed to number 1. Titleist, Mizuno, and Ping combined have less in club sales than TM. They didn't have 55 fairway clubs in play last week on the PGA Tour within just a few weeks of release because "they are repainted Burners". The winner is a paid endorser of both Titleist and Mizuno, yet he is using TM woods and a Callaway putter, companies he does not endorse!
For the record, I have tried and tested every model of the Burners thru the years and none have ever made it into my bag. But the RBZs have with several clubs this year.
[/quote]

I was going to leave you a real nasty response but I figure here's some hacker with nothing better to do with his life but make a big deal about some bad spelling,,,lol!

Good Luck!
[/quote]
You're funny, my game is documented. It was "there" many years ago and it hasn't left.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1332454569' post='4558908']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Good Luck!
[/quote]
Fact is when people can't intelligently rebut someone's statement (or back up their own) they resort to,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,,,,, trying to make others "look elsewhere". :rolleyes:

[font=comic sans ms,cursive][color=#ff8c00][b]Cobra Bio Cell+[/b][/color]
[color=#000080][b]Adams A12 Pro 16, 20, 23[/b][/color]
[b][color=#696969]Ping G20, 5-SW, C-Taper stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#ff0000][b]TM xft wedge 64[/b][/color]
[b][color="#000000"]Scotty Futura X[/color][/b][/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive][b]ProV1x[/b][/font]

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1332456308' post='4559052']
You're funny, my game is documented. It was "there" many years ago and it hasn't left.
[/quote]

Actually, I wasn't joking, but good for you that your game is,,,,"Documented",,,lol! (now I'm being funny)!

As far as the topic of TM, and how they operate(maybe you work for them, that's why you got your panties in a bunch), they are a big company and like any big organization they make good and bad equipment. I've owned and still own some of their TP drivers, but in my opinion they have put out some junk over the years. Their first attempt at ball production was a complete flop. They had to buy a real ball maker and hire guy's from Titleist to come up with a successful ball. Not knocking them for it but not everything TM has produced has been stellar. Another example is some of the "stock shafts" they put in some of their products are great for hackers but usually have to be upgraded for better players.

Either way, you have your opinion, and I have mine. You came off like a douchebag in your first reply like you know everything and your opinion was the only one that was correct. And as far as my poor spelling goes,,,oh well,,,I have a wife, children, a career, and I manage to keep my game at scratch so I'm pretty busy and if I misspell a word or two and it upsets some goofball, then they will have to just get over it or seek therapy!

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1332480195' post='4561356']
[/quote]

Actually, I wasn't joking, but good for you that your game is,,,,"Documented",,,lol! (now I'm being funny)!

As far as the topic of TM, and how they operate(maybe you work for them, that's why you got your panties in a bunch), they are a big company and like any big organization they make good and bad equipment. I've owned and still own some of their TP drivers, but in my opinion they have put out some junk over the years. Their first attempt at ball production was a complete flop. They had to buy a real ball maker and hire guy's from Titleist to come up with a successful ball. Not knocking them for it but not everything TM has produced has been stellar. Another example is some of the "stock shafts" they put in some of their products are great for hackers but usually have to be upgraded for better players.

Either way, you have your opinion, and I have mine. You came off like a douchebag in your first reply like you know everything and your opinion was the only one that was correct. And as far as my poor spelling goes,,,oh well,,,I have a wife, children, a career, and I manage to keep my game at scratch so I'm pretty busy and if I misspell a word or two and it upsets some goofball, then they will have to just get over it or seek therapy!
[/quote]

Maybe you had go back to the beginning. You started the tone by calling the RBZ a re-painted Burner which isn't an opinion it is an attempt to be slanderous. The clubs are very, very different designs. You came in with vengance toward the brand. I have no problem with claims of complaint when supported by facts.
For the record I work for no one. My bag usually has 3-4 different manufacturers clubs in it. I personally know the people you hate in the golf business and I know some of those you idolize. And they have known me for many years. I am happy that you have a nice family, spend more time with them instead of worrying about who may own who in the golf business. You said you are busy, then don't waste time on this subject. Your misspelling didn't bother me. I pointed it out because if someone is going to make caustic comments out of nowhere, it is best done without leaving something for those you chafe to come back at you with.

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1332480195' post='4561356']
[/quote]

[/quote]

You really come off as an idiot. McCoz is well known throughout the golf world and he is used by several major OEMS to test their prototypes. The only thing you ever scratched is your sorry butt.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Cleveland Launcher DST 15*, Diamana Red 64 R
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

TM is not on Adams level IMO.

What choice do money conscious consumers have now??
Why by a BMW when you can get a better car in VW for half the price. All gimmick and no substance.
Now Adams has a name and TM has a solid line of golf clubs.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1332386855' post='4554412']
There are 3 or 4 diagnosable irrationalities in all you have written. On one hand say you do not care what other people play. But You are more insistent on playing a brand different than everybody else? Doesn't that inescapably mean you care what other people are playing?

You also say that you want to play what works. If Adams had actually been a profitable company worthy of continuing operations on their own, would your lone wolf instinct have taken over and forced you to abandon your beloved brand of choice because 3 of 4 guys in your weekly 4 ball had fast12 drivers and CB3 irons?

Also, TM has stated that they want Adams to continue as an independent brand. If in 4 years, Adams Makes an iron set that perfectly suits your needs, would you not give them a second look simply because of the corporate structure behind them? Over a bad experience you had with one driver 5 or whatever years ago?

Also, nickent, Hogan, and macgregor have all been in your bag recently? Talk about a cooler! Anyone else hear the Callaway folks chanting "Please don't pick us, please dont pick us"?
[/quote]

would your lone wolf instinct have taken over and forced you to abandon your beloved brand of choice because 3 of 4 guys in your weekly 4 ball had fast12 drivers and CB3 irons?

[i][i][/i]I would love to see more people with Adams golf clubs in their bags. There has been a couple of instances where I spent a couple of minutes talking about adams hybrids, drivers and irons to other golfers with adams golf clubs in their bags.[/i]

[i][i][/i]Fat chance of that ever happening. Do you really believe TaylorMade will change their marketing strategies regarding their fairway woods,hybrids and drivers with their "made for taylormade" shafts. I have read a couple of articles already on the net which says Taylormade will be focusing on the senior and female golf players with their recent purchase of Adams Golf. I'm sorry, I can't see Taylormade putting after market Axivcore blacks, Aldila Voodoos or Fubukis in any of their stock woods.[/i]

[[i][i]i][/i]Can you please explain your line of reasoning with these questions. I don't understand why Callaway wouldn't want my money. I purchased a mighty fine FT-9 imix driver that works great!!![/i][/i]

I'm assuming you are directing your questions towards me since this was the same post made when I started a topic similar to this one and ended up being locked.

I'm happy for Barney Adams, a good guy who did positive things no one will know about, but I want to tell one or two nice Barney stories. When my youngest daughter was a very junior golfer and getting well made golf clubs for such small kids was difficult, Barney stepped in and made her a set as a gift. I did not ask him to, he just did it. He used the old super light heads and put quality cut down shafts in them so they were perfectly fitted to a small junior. I doubt one could buy a set equal to these for such kids, at least not back then. After our daughter grew, we passed the clubs on to another young junior and I am sure they lived on through several "roll overs" to other young kids taking up the game. Barney never made a big deal of it, he just was happy to help a young golfer with what was superior equipment for kids at the time. There was no telling how many kids got their first introduction to the game with these fine clubs.

Ever a tinkerer with the golf club, Barney made the tight lies fairway woods by turning the weighting in the heads essentially upside down (or something like that,) and he had several innovative ideas. We talked a lot about the physics of golf clubs and swings. I remember once getting a call late in the day to hurry out to meet with him (in Richardson, Tx) because he wanted me to test a new concept he had with irons. I hit the clubs and thought they were very solid, but I could not work the ball at all. They just hit the same shot over and over, and felt butt heavy. I never found out what Barney might have done with that design but suspected they were Hogan handle weighted with special clubheads, but it was interesting to say the least. Barney did a lot for golf. I hope TM keeps the Adams line of unique designs in play for years to come.

[quote name='rc1111' timestamp='1333163405' post='4617293']
I'm happy for Barney Adams, a good guy who did positive things no one will know about, but I want to tell one or two nice Barney stories. When my youngest daughter was a very junior golfer and getting well made golf clubs for such small kids was difficult, Barney stepped in and made her a set as a gift. I did not ask him to, he just did it. He used the old super light heads and put quality cut down shafts in them so they were perfectly fitted to a small junior. I doubt one could buy a set equal to these for such kids, at least not back then. After our daughter grew, we passed the clubs on to another young junior and I am sure they lived on through several "roll overs" to other young kids taking up the game. Barney never made a big deal of it, he just was happy to help a young golfer with what was superior equipment for kids at the time. There was no telling how many kids got their first introduction to the game with these fine clubs.

Ever a tinkerer with the golf club, Barney made the tight lies fairway woods by turning the weighting in the heads essentially upside down (or something like that,) and he had several innovative ideas. We talked a lot about the physics of golf clubs and swings. I remember once getting a call late in the day to hurry out to meet with him (in Richardson, Tx) because he wanted me to test a new concept he had with irons. I hit the clubs and thought they were very solid, but I could not work the ball at all. They just hit the same shot over and over, and felt butt heavy. I never found out what Barney might have done with that design but suspected they were Hogan handle weighted with special clubheads, but it was interesting to say the least. Barney did a lot for golf. I hope TM keeps the Adams line of unique designs in play for years to come.
[/quote]
Barney is quite a guy. You have made some nice points. If he is happy with the change, then the rest of should be also.

• 3 months later...

Not a fan of TM! Just got Adams cmb irons and love them. This is not good for those of us that are loyal to Adams. Bad move.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

[quote name='kejoal11' timestamp='1341494088' post='5220070']
Not a fan of TM! Just got Adams cmb irons and love them. This is not good for those of us that are loyal to Adams. Bad move.
[/quote]

That's the problem. There aren't enough of you guys to keep the company alive. TM will fix the supply chain and QC problems. This will be nothing but good for Adams.

[quote name='Goldenhawk' timestamp='1332162108' post='4534855']
Well, TMaG might just keep the Adams Brand. Just like Acushnet had Titleist and Cobra for a while.

But I can see white Yes putters and further releases of RBZ and slot technology woods in the future.
[/quote]

Yes already makes white putters.

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

[quote name='phillypete' timestamp='1341932557' post='5249360']
the Darrel survey numbers are far too important to TM for them to release a PGA Tour quality product out of the Adams line.

I fully suspect Adams to become a Store Brand economy class for TM.
[/quote]

Exactly, Adams is getting ready to be a Dick's exclusive line. Good night, sad to see them go.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1341961009' post='5252130']
[quote name='phillypete' timestamp='1341932557' post='5249360']
the Darrel survey numbers are far too important to TM for them to release a PGA Tour quality product out of the Adams line.

I fully suspect Adams to become a Store Brand economy class for TM.
[/quote]

Exactly, Adams is getting ready to be a Dick's exclusive line. Good night, sad to see them go.
[/quote]
Stupid comments by people that have no business sense. TMAG is not #1 in golf business because they are going spend $70-80 mil for a brand to turn it into small margin and revenue store brand. They are taking a notable brand and goint ot expand it's world wide business because it has the structure to do so and Adams on their own didn't and really couldn't afford to. TMAG has been the largest growing company in golf because they buy things to lose money and make it less. These guys spend money to make money. They aren't fools and you don't see them laying off 12% of their workforce like the #3 company. Nor did they sell out in total to another company in Asia as did #2.
Man up and get over it, there is a reason TMAG is number 1 they tend to be smarter than others including some of the posters here.

• 2 years later...