Arizonalefty59

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='muxi87' timestamp='1333499071' post='4643557']
[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1333498949' post='4643535']
[quote name='muxi87' timestamp='1333498830' post='4643517']
Dufner had a "full lipper" in on #1 at ANGC yesterday. It was awesome!
[/quote]
Hell yea! J Duf is my boy!
[/quote]
I gave him a nice "War Eagle"...as I do everytime I see him. He always acknowledges it with a nod and slight wave. I know he's still a huge AU fan...so it's got to fire him up a bit when he hears it when out on the course.
[/quote]
His special on the golf channel was awesome, do you know what medical condition he has? someone said something about it but i have never heard of anything coming out publicly.

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='muxi87' timestamp='1333499201' post='4643581']
And Bo Weekley has given me a little $hit for my Skoal...he says get a real dip and hands me his Copenhagen. I don't think I've ever seen him without a dip in.
[/quote]
hahaha thats freaking awesome!!!

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise... there are a number of pros, on all tours, that smoke and chew. Players know to try and keep their habits out of camera view, and TV cameramen know not to show them smoking, if possible. Miguel Angel Jimenez is one that often gets caught with a cigar, and Darren Clark is another when he's not quitting... :lol:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

A huge percentage of tour pro's dip, a least occasionally, a smaller number smoke, nearly all enjoy a cigar at least every now and then.

I don't know if Tiger used to dip (I've heard maybe, doesn't mean he did it on course). Recently (this past summer) I know he was using Snus, which is a Swedish tobacco product, similar to, but with certain advantages over American Dip. It doesn't tend to cause spitting, it also potentially has less cancer risk (that's under debate). It is very popular in Sweden, and tends to lower smoking rates. He may or may not be still using.

[quote name='ronstars' timestamp='1333490577' post='4642481']
[quote name='CowtownTexas' timestamp='1333467547' post='4638881']
[quote name='ronstars' timestamp='1333402808' post='4632917']
Tiger does not chew.

Even with the smallest dip in your mouth it is obvious, and he is on TV sooo often during a tourney. I (an ex "chewer") would have picked up on it instantly.
[/quote]

I disagree. I could talk face-to-face with you with a dip in my mouth and you wouldn't know it was there unless you smelled it.

That said, I don't think Tiger dips/chews, but many players do. Many also smoke, but mainly when walking from green-to-tee.
[/quote]

Not sure who you are trying to kid, i would assume yourself. The smallest dip any "chewer" woud ever take would be at least the size of 1 piece of bubble yum chewing gum. Go buy some and stick it between your lip and teeth and tell me you cant tell its beyond obvious...seriously buddy
[/quote]

I started dipping when I was a child and have had the nasty habit for about 35 years. Not something of which I'm proud, but it's a fact. I learned at a very early age how to hide snuff in my mouth, even a relatively large amount. My wife can look at me and not tell if it's there.

They showed Daly a couple of times this week at the Heritage with a cigarette in his hand/mouth. This was the golf channel pre-coverage to the CBS time slot so I am guessing the editing was a little more lax.
I see it more commonly on the European tour, guys like Marcel Siem are constantly with smoke in hand

[quote name='ronstars' timestamp='1333490577' post='4642481']
[quote name='CowtownTexas' timestamp='1333467547' post='4638881']
[quote name='ronstars' timestamp='1333402808' post='4632917']
Tiger does not chew.

Even with the smallest dip in your mouth it is obvious, and he is on TV sooo often during a tourney. I (an ex "chewer") would have picked up on it instantly.
[/quote]

I disagree. I could talk face-to-face with you with a dip in my mouth and you wouldn't know it was there unless you smelled it.

That said, I don't think Tiger dips/chews, but many players do. Many also smoke, but mainly when walking from green-to-tee.
[/quote]

Not sure who you are trying to kid, i would assume yourself. The smallest dip any "chewer" woud ever take would be at least the size of 1 piece of bubble yum chewing gum. Go buy some and stick it between your lip and teeth and tell me you cant tell its beyond obvious...seriously buddy
[/quote]

Hmm I think you may be the one who is confused. I dipped for 9 years regularly and while I could never truly hide my lip, I had several friends that could. A lot of it depends on the structure and shape of your face, but it is entirely possible to easily hide a dip, even a big one. Some regular dippers even develop a "pocket" where the dip fits nicely and basically hides itself. You know you can put a dip anywhere between teeth and gum right? Doesnt have to be right in front. If you get someone like that and hes maybe even swallowing the spit, no way you are telling unless you are able to smell it or you see him spit.

[quote name='seak05' timestamp='1334687337' post='4738884']
Recently (this past summer) I know he was using Snus, which is a Swedish tobacco product, similar to, but with certain advantages over American Dip. It doesn't tend to cause spitting, it also potentially has less cancer risk (that's under debate). It is very popular in Sweden, and tends to lower smoking rates. He may or may not be still using.
[/quote]

There is no debate to it. Snus has way fewer cancer causing carcinogens than American dip. The way snus is manufactured has a lot to do with this, the tobacco is "steam cured" rather than "fire cured" which leads to far less carcinogens. Snus has been studied in detail (by those without a horse in the race) and the risk of oral cancer amongst its users is roughly the same as the general population.

I would encourage anyone who uses American snuff to check out Swedish snus. I made the switch 5 years ago.

Hmm I think you may be the one who is confused. I dipped for 9 years regularly and while I could never truly hide my lip, I had several friends that could. A lot of it depends on the structure and shape of your face, but it is entirely possible to easily hide a dip, even a big one. Some regular dippers even develop a "pocket" where the dip fits nicely and basically hides itself. You know you can put a dip anywhere between teeth and gum right? Doesnt have to be right in front. If you get someone like that and hes maybe even swallowing the spit, no way you are telling unless you are able to smell it or you see him spit.
[/quote]

Disagree +1

The Big Dog ~ G425 LST | AD UB 6x
The 3 Banger ~ Mavrik MAX | AD DI 7x
The 5 Banger ~ Mavrik SZ | Motore F3 7x

The Metal ~ T200 4-W
The Shovels ~ SM7 54, 58
Flatstick ~ Spider X Chalk Stability Tour

A huge percentage of tour pro's dip, a least occasionally, a smaller number smoke, nearly all enjoy a cigar at least every now and then.

I don't know if Tiger used to dip (I've heard maybe, doesn't mean he did it on course). Recently (this past summer) I know he was using Snus, which is a Swedish tobacco product, similar to, but with certain advantages over American Dip. It doesn't tend to cause spitting, it also potentially has less cancer risk (that's under debate). It is very popular in Sweden, and tends to lower smoking rates. He may or may not be still using.
[/quote]

Tiger is a role model, total lack of character to be using dangerous tobacco products when impressionable kids are watching. What a fraud he should give back that endorsement money.......

But in all seriousness, I thought I saw him with a dip in his mouth in a few tournaments this year. Glad to see I wasn't crazy.

Snus is actually great, when I am trying to cut down on the cigs I will have a can of Snus at work and pop one in rather than take my post lunch smoke break(s). The best brand I've had is General, and I like the regular full flavor portion in pouches. The Marlboro/Camel snus that they sell at most shops do nothing for me and the flavor is pretty one dimensional from my experience.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

[quote name='glcoach' timestamp='1334775621' post='4746312']
Recently (this past summer) I know he was using Snus, which is a Swedish tobacco product, similar to, but with certain advantages over American Dip. It doesn't tend to cause spitting, it also potentially has less cancer risk (that's under debate). It is very popular in Sweden, and tends to lower smoking rates. He may or may not be still using.
[/quote]

I would encourage anyone who uses American snuff to check out Swedish snus. I made the switch 5 years ago.
[/quote]

What are some brand names of the genuine Swedish snus?

[quote name='geesecougar2' timestamp='1334776690' post='4746428']

[/quote]

Tiger is a role model, total lack of character to be using dangerous tobacco products when impressionable kids are watching. What a fraud he should give back that endorsement money.......

But in all seriousness, I thought I saw him with a dip in his mouth in a few tournaments this year. Glad to see I wasn't crazy.

Snus is actually great, when I am trying to cut down on the cigs I will have a can of Snus at work and pop one in rather than take my post lunch smoke break(s). The best brand I've had is General, and I like the regular full flavor portion in pouches. The Marlboro/Camel snus that they sell at most shops do nothing for me and the flavor is pretty one dimensional from my experience.
[/quote]

How are you going to rip on tiger when you yourself are a partaker of nicotine (as am I from time to time, no judgement here). The guy obviously has gone to some lengths to avoid dipping in the public eye if a board full of over the top golf enthusiasts can have some debate over if he is ever dipping or not. I dont really see how you can misconstrue that in any way as "a total lack of character," and honestly if you just want to rip on the dude there are easier ways to impeach his character lol.

[quote name='CowtownTexas' timestamp='1334777650' post='4746534']
[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1334776872' post='4746448']
You can't hide it from your dentist. Kiss me baby. Nothing makes me sick.
[/quote]

My dentist dips. Don't need to hide it from him.
[/quote]

Touche’ :rolleyes: He of all people would be well informed of the risks.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='DocHolliday' timestamp='1334781207' post='4746848']
[quote name='geesecougar2' timestamp='1334776690' post='4746428']

[/quote]

[/quote]

How are you going to rip on tiger when you yourself are a partaker of nicotine (as am I from time to time, no judgement here). The guy obviously has gone to some lengths to avoid dipping in the public eye if a board full of over the top golf enthusiasts can have some debate over if he is ever dipping or not. I dont really see how you can misconstrue that in any way as "a total lack of character," and honestly if you just want to rip on the dude there are easier ways to impeach his character lol.
[/quote]

Lol it was sarcasm, I guess it was a bit on the dry side and doesn't really come through well in text.......

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

[quote name='Arizonalefty59' timestamp='1333500186' post='4643687']
Does anyone know what medical condition Jason Dufner has?
[/quote]

I think the medical term is "Hillbillyitis" ..........a not so rare disease that turns the afflicted's neck red and causes them to slow their speech patterns. Quite common in the southern US but has been none to effect people throughout the US. There is no known cure.

Google "chewing tobacco effects" and you will see why i cannot handle seeing anyone chewing. incredibly awful things happen and i cannot belive people actually chew it, even to "calm nerves" or whatever stupid excuse dufner has for it. nasty nasty habit.

WARNING: This is quite graphic and not for the faint of heart but see what i mean? awful awful habit to ever have

[url="http://www.outdoortexan.com/mycancer.htm"]http://www.outdoorte...om/mycancer.htm[/url]

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

It's really none of your business though is it Wdwfreak? Are you repulsed and angered when you see obese people over eating? What about people drinking booze or smoking cigarettes? People doing drugs? People giving themselves type II diabetes and a thousand other harmful things people do to their bodies every day? Just seems odd to me you would latch onto dipping as thing too detest, as its a personal habit and a personal choice that doesn't seem to effect you at all

Edited to fix lol, damn autocorrect

[quote name='DocHolliday' timestamp='1334886238' post='4755242']
It's really none of your business though is it Wdwfreak? Are you repulsed and angered when you see obese people over eating? What about people drinking booze or smoking cigarettes? People doing drugs? People giving themselves type II diabetes and a thousand other harmful things people do to their bodies every day? Just seems odd to me you would latch onto dipping as thing too detest, as its a personal habit and a personal choice that doesn't seem to effect you at all

Edited to fix lol, damn autocorrect
[/quote]

In Wdwfreak's defense, I think he's just trying to add some balance to the seemingly pro-dip/chewing tone of this thread. Keep in mind that we have some impressionable junior golfers on this site who may read this thread and want to curiously sample this dip/chew/snus.

I, too, think that chewing tobacco is a disgusting habit, but we all have our vices. I wouldn't encourage anyone to start chewing or smoking if they haven't done so already. I stopped smoking three years ago when I began have smoking-related health consequences. When my doctor told me to quit smoking or have severe heart complications, I quit "cold turkey." I'm all good now, and I hope that anyone who is not a tobacco user never becomes one. Current tobacco users: God bless you... and please try to quit.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls