Golfers in Austin, TX

epmonies

[quote name='just plain bill' timestamp='1448716884' post='12655230']
[quote name='ATXgolfer ' timestamp='1448662736' post='12653476']
Played Shadowglen this morning as a single and did not see another group the whole day.. was playing well till hole 14 (2 over), when the cold front came thru and looked like it was going to rain. Played the remaining holes in a rush and ended up 9 over for the round.

I was expecting a cart path only policy given the rain yesterday and last night, but the fairways were quite dry. course is in great shape (except for the bunkers, which is expected after the rains we had in the past few days) but there was no casual water on any of the fairways. Was a bargain for the $15 on golfnow.com hot deals..
[/quote]
+2 at sglen is great golf after 14!
[/quote]

decided to play the bronze, instead of the tips. And was hitting my new driver (bio cell plus) really well. hit 100% fairways on the front 9...
was going to be my lowest score there (never scored below 80 there before), but the last 4 holes ended up taking care of that :)

i'm 64, so i play the whites, which aint easy at shglen...#2 is a 430yd par 4, and that's too dang long for me, especially wearing a hooded jacket today!
bogied 1,5,6...doubled 2 & 4...the greens were so fast, i kept missing long...3-putted 4 and 5...
started getting things figured out and parred 8 & 9...hit into trees, barely, on 10...bogie, but on 11 i drained a 12-footer for birdie! and drained a 10-footer on 15 to save par...plus 3 on the back for 82, bogeying 18 trying to go over bunkers, then having par putt finish 3 dimples short of going in, dang it...
greens were absolutely perfect, and the ball rolled true...cart paths only, which i dont mind at all...

Damn that Player's Book seems legit. I wonder what the restrictions are. Seems like a lot of value packed in there. I've never heard of most of those courses but the ones I do know are lots of $$$$.

Shadow glen rarely disappoints. It's been in great shape lately. Bill if you think those greens are fast, Wolfdancer was faster.

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

[quote name='KK44' timestamp='1448745466' post='12656662']
Damn that Player's Book seems legit. I wonder what the restrictions are. Seems like a lot of value packed in there. I've never heard of most of those courses but the ones I do know are lots of $$$$.

Shadow glen rarely disappoints. It's been in great shape lately. Bill if you think those greens are fast, Wolfdancer was faster.
[/quote]

It is a great value.. most of the courses I listed are private and will cost $150-$100 to play as a guest (if you know a member)
The restrictions are pretty reasonable (haven't seen what they are for next year).. but usually it is valid for weekday play and weekend afternoon.
Biggest one which I have seen to piss off people is that some courses only allow one per foursome, but since I am okay playing as a single, that does not bother me.

You work quickly Bill. I like it. What time you have mo willie tomorrow? I was thinking the same about a arranging an outing of some sort

TM Stealth2+ - Diamana S+ 6x
17' TM M2 15* 3 wood - Tensei Blue 7x
Nike VR Forged Combo 3-PW - Hard stepped Project X 6.0
TM MG Wedges - 52, 58
Custom Nike Oven Method 006, Toulon Las Vegas

Next time you want to head to the falls let me know. I'm in La Grange.

Went and played there for the first time Wednesday with my wife and father in law. Tough course. I'd love to take another shot at it

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1540362-raholland71-witb/#entry16159836"]WITB[/url]
Titleist TS3 9.5*
Titleist TS3 15*
Titleist 818 H2 19*
Miura CB57 4-6
Miura MB001 7-PW
Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
Vokey V Grind 56*
Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

atx...i goofed! it was 11:51...i thought it was 10:41, and i was there a little after 9, and practiced the short game a ton, which paid off, since i couldnt swing the clubs much with the jacket on, lol...sitting here w/ 2 aching shoulders, which tells me a couple of things: the jacket cost me 30-50yds off the tee, and the only way to get any ydg was to get handsy, which had me pulling left, then i found myself swinging way too hard to get some yardage, which took me out of my swing...friggin' mess...but the chipping and putting really saved my butt today...
wish i lived near clay/kiser so i could practice all the time...

no worries Bill.. glad I saw you on you last hole and got to clear things up. I could have gotten there earlier as well... and would have done that if I was planning on playing solo..

ended up playing with the other guy that booked the same deal.. and he was good company. we played match play the back 9, and it came down till the last hole.

I shot an 82, and had a bad driving day today. Ball was not going over 220 yards due to the cold and was hitting slices due to all the layers of clothing. putter did not cooperate either..

ah, so it wasn't just me? :)
i thought about it last night, and i think i also was just playing too darn fast...front 9 in an hour and 15...if i could have slowed down i probably would have been able to realize what i was doing wrong and made corrections...but i guess i was in too big a hurry to go home and get warm!
just swinging too hard...probably play from the senior tees next time...at least keep the game fun if i'm gonna be playing in wet, 40-degree conditions, lol...

well....my 'drive' hit the first big tree in the trunk and bounced back a bit...had an opening, but required a bit of a hook, which i accomplished...had no idea where the ball was till i pulled up and saw it maybe 10 feet from the hole! cant remember if i made the putt! crap, i had one birdie and cant remember where i got it!
my swing was all jacked up wearing a coat...gotta figure something out...

[quote name='jsanatx' timestamp='1448908166' post='12663398']
how did you play #13, the shortish par 4 with 2 landing areas? I hate that hole.
[/quote]

yesterday, I hit a 5 iron to the top fairway and had a 130 yard approach shot to the green.

I prefer the top over the bottom as there is a hazard and then OB close to the hole..

If your natural shot is a fade, then just aim for the tree.. with a 220 yard club.. if it hits the slope it will roll down to the fairway

gotta work...
yeah, atx, i usually will hit a fade, aiming at the trees, and hope for the best...but yesterday i just couldnt launch the ball...never hit the tree trunks there before, only some branches...got veeeeery lucky with 2nd shot!
the hole that kills me is...cant remember...the one where you hit downhill, then uphill, with a big tree on the right with branches covering half the fway...par 5...

[quote name='just plain bill' timestamp='1448920578' post='12664244']
gotta work...
yeah, atx, i usually will hit a fade, aiming at the trees, and hope for the best...but yesterday i just couldnt launch the ball...never hit the tree trunks there before, only some branches...got veeeeery lucky with 2nd shot!
the hole that kills me is...cant remember...the one where you hit downhill, then uphill, with a big tree on the right with branches covering half the fway...par 5...
[/quote]