2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Switching to a Slicefixer Style Swing

A little bit about myself. I am trying to switch to a more rotational/Slicefixer style swing. I usually shoot in the low 80's, occasionally in the upper 70's. I managed to qualify for the state tournament my senior year of high school, but am still looking to improve. I Would love any imput, Thanks.

Sorry for the bad quality, it was getting dark and I don't have a very good camera.

Driver DTL-

Driver Face On-

7 Iron DTL-

7 Iron Face On-

Again, all comments are welcome.

More Videos linked in post 4 and 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, have been working on some setup, impact position stuff lately. Was at the range late and only got a short video of some 3/4 60 yard wedge shots down the line. Here it is, I think my impact/follow through looks much better.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyiRyo6uum4&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyiRyo6uum4&feature=youtube_gdata[/url]

• 3 months later...

Alright, kind of reviving this thread from the dead, but I think I have managed to make some improvements in my overall swing. Here are a few recent videos. I have really been working on not swaying off of the ball as much.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc9IpA-nSzo&feature=plcp[/media]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOGzk3GU9E&feature=context-cha"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiOGzk3GU9E&feature=context-cha[/url]

Yeah I was going to mention setup, More spine tilt to the right, hips look too level in the face on video (kick that right knee in a little bit), and you still sway a little bit in the takeaway. On your wedge swing your hands are more mid body instead of being off the lead thigh like Geoff wants. I'll wait for the experts to chime in.

[quote name='Invert99' timestamp='1351649771' post='5870391']
Come On guys, surely there is something you see. Just from looking at it I think that I still need some setup work.
[/quote]

All in all, your motion looks pretty good. I see a couple of things, but they are pretty subtle.

1. Your head sways a bit during your backswing.

2. With your driver, you lean a bit left at the top of your backswing...but this is still within the range of acceptable for this kind of golf swing.

3. Your left foot spins out through impact and into your followthrough. You may want to consider toeing-out your left foot.

But I really like the fluidity and the rotational speed of your swing. It's the swing of a good athlete.

PIng G25 8.5/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping Rapture 13*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping G25 19*/Fuji MS 7.2 TS X
Ping S55 (3-PW)/ PX 6.5
Ping Tour Gorge 54* and 60*
Odyssey 2-ball Versa, 34"

Alright, have been working on this stuff at the range a little more and am striking the ball pretty solid. The only problem is that I am hitting a slight push. I still have the straight ballflight, just about 2-3 degrees right of my foot line. Any thoughts on how I could get the shots back on line.

double check your grip, looks a littel akward but it might be the camera angle. still doesnt look like your loading weight on the inside of your right heel on the backswing. You sway just a tad bit on the backswing.

on the downswing looks like your starting with your upper body just a little bit, ur getting stuck a little bit and having to stand up on the downswing to make contact. You could also hold the lag a little better.

personally i would only work on your flexibility. do some yoga or strecthes. many swing faults are due to your body not being able to do what you want it to. if you strecth then you can do with your body whatever you want.

Thanks for the advice. My right hand was very strong when I took these videos. I am working on weakening it just a little bit. I think the sway is coming from not great setup angles, which is what it seems that i have to work on the most. I will also start working on flexibility. Thanks for the thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

1.10-15 degrees of spine tilt at setup.
2.Maintain right knee flex.. and firing the right leg more towards the left.. instead of coming out with it..

When your right leg comes out... your right hip will get in the way on the downswing.. causing hooks and blocks.... depending on your swing path. you come from the inside.. it will be a block.. coming from the outside it will be a hook. When you fix this issue with the right leg... you will create more room for the club to work properly, because the right hip wont be in the way of things.

[quote name='rickbgolfer' timestamp='1353076421' post='5942661']
2.Maintain right knee flex.. and firing the right leg more towards the left.. instead of coming out with it..

When your right leg comes out... your right hip will get in the way on the downswing.. causing hooks and blocks.... depending on your swing path. you come from the inside.. it will be a block.. coming from the outside it will be a hook. When you fix this issue with the right leg... you will create more room for the club to work properly, because the right hip wont be in the way of things.
[/quote]

this is so helpful. Someone mentioned the right knee in my swing video thread and I had absolutely no idea I was doing that. I can't wait to hit some balls again to work on that.

[b]D[/b]: Ping G15 9*
[b]FW[/b]: Ping G15 4w
[b]H[/b]: Ping G10 21*
[b]I[/b]: Ping i3 O-size 4-W
[b]W[/b]: Eye 2 SW, G15 G, Eye 2+ L
[b]P[/b]: Taylor Made Monza Spider

[quote name='StevenF' timestamp='1353521541' post='5962811']
[quote name='rickbgolfer' timestamp='1353076421' post='5942661']

[/quote]

this is so helpful. Someone mentioned the right knee in my swing video thread and I had absolutely no idea I was doing that. I can't wait to hit some balls again to work on that.
[/quote]

I agree. I have been working on this feel at the range for a few weeks now and I think I had a break through today. I finally felt truly low and left and hit some great shots. I will try to get some new videos up later this week.

Spine too vertical at setup,lateral movement going back,starting down with both your upper and lower body
You need to setup with 6-8 degrees of spine tilt,much more will cause problems.Basically your shoulders will be tilted away from the target that much due to your right hand being lower than your left on the grip.Then you should also tilt your hips so that they are in line with your shoulders.Your head should also be tilted that 6-8 degrees away from your target.Your lower and middle spines will then be aligned and all you will have to do is to windup around your tilted spine.Setting up like this will help to eliminate any lateral movement going back.Geoff hates lateral movement in the backswing ,except possibly as a result of your turn near the end of the backswing.
Toeing out your left foot 1/4 turn or 22.5 degrees will help with rotation and extension going down.

• 2 weeks later...

* I have not read other posts so if I repeat what they've said I'm sorry *
Things I see:
1. Your weight looks to be distributed equally between your left and right foot. Needs to be 40 on front 60 on back at least.
2. Get more behind the ball by tilting a little behind the ball.
3. Your weight in your feet seem to be in your heals, needs to be in the balls of your feet.

Basic things but make a big difference.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sU2XXiie5Q&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sU2XXiie5Q&feature=youtube_gdata[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR73SB82AQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR73SB82AQ[/url]
Here are some new 7 iron videos from today. The face on is a pretty straight shot and the down the line was a baby cut.

Thats pretty juicy there. Like the action.

DTL vid looks like your right leg straightens at the top of the swing...try to keep that flex there.

FO vid set up it off. Spine too vertical. Bump hip a couple inches towards target then bump those hands towards target a few inches..that'll lower the right shoulder to get the spine in line.

IMO get that in line and keep good tempo and you'll be cookin.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is some inside work on 9 to 3 swings. Down the line and face on. Working on the fundamentals some.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIsYLoLXiM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIsYLoLXiM[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzh7RbedPc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRzh7RbedPc[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...