2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

I miss "The Gachet..."

Anyone notice he hasn't been around for like a month? I always loved his WITB updates. I sent him an email, but hopefully with a little broader membership support, he will start posting here again.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1350342346' post='5798531']
I miss gatchet too!
[/quote]

See? If Tinman AND Thrillhouse are on this you know the point is valid! Let's get behind this a little more WRX.

Let's hear from you!

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1350343476' post='5798647']
Gatchet has always been really under appreciated considering the high quality of his posts. Remember that time in the Faldo thread when I encouraged people to start giving him +1's because his rep sat at 10?

That guys awesome, yet gets no credit for his good work, it's a real shame.
[/quote]

Tragically under appreciated. That Faldo thread is classic WRX.

Titleist ProV1x

Well after being called out, which, could have been handled way better, about his picture postings in the Pro WITB section, i'm not surprised he isn't around anymore.

Driver - TBD
3 Wood - TBD
5 Wood - Mizuno MX700, PF v2
4-PW - Adams CMB, C-Taper
Wedges - Mizuno T4 52/58, S400
Putter - Odyssey Versa #7, SS 3.0
Ball - TF Gamer

Yea I always enjoyed waking up 5:30 AM for work to see the last several new posts being his updates to the WITB section. After the mess that happened in one his posts where a mod jumped on him I wouldn't want to post anymore either. Instead of simply asking or being nice about it he tried to embarrass him and I don't think I've seen him post since. Golf is basically my only hobby other than Fantasy Football and I've been apart of several forums where good members take off after stuff like that. I had a run in over nothing with mat562 and he stopped posting for awhile, hopefully it wasn't because of me.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

Pretty sad that the WRX employee called him out about not giving credit to the photographers, when the G man clear has stated many times he is just posting photos from the web.

The guy who so rudely called him out about using other peoples work without giving credit was guilty of doing exactly what he was complaining about. I checked one just one of his posts and the complainer was guilty of using some ones else words in his post without giving any credit to the original author.

They basically told him don't post with out attaching full credit to the photos he posts.

I don't blame him one bit for not posting any more---they guy made WITB period!!!!!!!

It makes me sick to still see posts by official GolfWRX representatives still post other peoples material without giving credit.

The site got several DMCA notices, which have to be taken pretty seriously or the whole thing could get shut down. But I agree I probably would have handled it differently--like by PM rather than publicly in one of the threads. A mass-PM to everyone on the site might have been nice too. I guess the Gachet was an easy and obvious target/place to start because of how frequently he posted.

It's not fair to blame Gachets absence on one incident when we don't really know all the facts. In that thread alone Gatchet mentioned that he understood the situation and the reasoning behind the mods post. The mod himself apologized and took some responsibility. Gathcet is cool and appreciated no doubt, he took the time to look up all the pictures that many of us (like myself) were too lazy to find. But in all fairness he could be taking a break for a multitude of reasons that none of us are aware of.

Guys, I appreciate everyone commenting, but this is not supposed to be a finger-pointing exercise (else it might get shut down, right?). Just a little moral support for one of our fine members in case he happens to read it.

I got a response from Gachet via email. He says he has been busy with work and is debating whether to come back and keep posting. Hopefully, even if he doesn't keep going with the WITB posts, he decides to stay involved with WRX.

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1350399638' post='5801485']
Pretty sad that the WRX employee called him out about not giving credit to the photographers, when the G man clear has stated many times he is just posting photos from the web.

The guy who so rudely called him out about using other peoples work without giving credit was guilty of doing exactly what he was complaining about. I checked one just one of his posts and the complainer was guilty of using some ones else words in his post without giving any credit to the original author.

They basically told him don't post with out attaching full credit to the photos he posts.

I don't blame him one bit for not posting any more---they guy made WITB period!!!!!!!

It makes me sick to still see posts by official GolfWRX representatives still post other peoples material without giving credit.
[/quote]

That's the problem when the "this is a business" mentality takes over. I remember when another golf website decided that it was no longer going to be about the love of equipment and the game and just was going to be a business. They sunk faster than a turd after a high fiber meal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The money is ruining this game. You have so many people with their hands out that the concept of playing the game because you love it is gone. People get free equipment and the first thing they ask is how much is it worth so that they can sell it. Posts get censored because we may upset a sponsor, despite the fact that it's the posters that are the ultimate consumers of the equipment. And now, we have people crying about citation because, again, it's about using this place as a way to make money.

The Gachet has never denied that most of the photos posted are from the net and linked here. Apparently, that's an issue because again it's no longer about golf and the equipment and our passion for it. It's about the money.

Sad. Very sad.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1350412383' post='5802515']
[quote name='TJCDAS' timestamp='1350399638' post='5801485']

[/quote]

That's the problem when the "this is a business" mentality takes over. I remember when another golf website decided that it was no longer going to be about the love of equipment and the game and just was going to be a business. They sunk faster than a turd after a high fiber meal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The money is ruining this game. You have so many people with their hands out that the concept of playing the game because you love it is gone. People get free equipment and the first thing they ask is how much is it worth so that they can sell it. Posts get censored because we may upset a sponsor, despite the fact that it's the posters that are the ultimate consumers of the equipment. And now, we have people crying about citation because, again, it's about using this place as a way to make money.

The Gachet has never denied that most of the photos posted are from the net and linked here. Apparently, that's an issue because again it's no longer about golf and the equipment and our passion for it. It's about the money.

Sad. Very sad.
[/quote]

Well said stage.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 Utility 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW - KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Taylormade Spider Tour X Double Bend

[quote name='GoogleMe' timestamp='1350399307' post='5801437']
Just a [size=1] little[/size] bit of power can make a [b]big[/b] difference in these threads.
I don't really know if he was at fault or not but some of these marshalls have no clue how to handle a situation !!!!
[/quote]

+1^

Marshalls are internet tuff guys.

F9 9 degree Diamana white.  70G
Epic SZ 15 degree Diamana white 70G
M3 19 Hyrbrid Diamana white 90G
R11 7 wood Fuji something old school
4-pw J40 CB Modus 130 S
52,56,60 DD scratch 8810
Pointy looking thing. 
Srixon Z star

The Gachet didn't get told off by anyone. Someone filed an official copyright infringement complaint against GolfWRX, and one of our owners / administrators responded. There was not a moderator involved with this content removal in any way. Please Read.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/286381-witb-phil-mickelson/page__st__330#entry5642847"]http://www.golfwrx.c...30#entry5642847[/url]

p.s. Some of you guys should check out your facts before you respond with false accusations.

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' timestamp='1350418698' post='5803013']
The Gachet didn't get told off by anyone. Someone filed an official copyright infringement complaint against GolfWRX, and one of our owners / administrators responded. There was not a moderator involved with this content removal in any way. Please Read.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/286381-witb-phil-mickelson/page__st__330#entry5642847"]http://www.golfwrx.c...30#entry5642847[/url]

p.s. Some of you guys should check out your facts before you respond with false accusations.
[/quote]

[size=6]Guys, this is exactly what I [u]DID NOT[/u] want.[/size] [size=6]This thread is about recognizing one of our own for his contributions to the site. [i]Not a flame.[/i][/size]

[size=5][u]Mr. P is right[/u].[/size]

No more negativity in this thread!! :nono:

I hope mods will yank any future posts that are not about recognizing Gachet and simply showing thanks for what he has added, because that is ALL this thread is supposed to be about. Gachet is a big boy, and likely would not want any problems caused on his behalf or any bad blood about what happened. Let's operate on that assumption and simply keep posts in the "best wishes/appreciation" category.

Titleist ProV1x

I am taking this thread in the spirit intended ....

I have said this to Gachet in PMs .. and I have posted this MANY times in public on his threads ... Look it up for yourself

Gachet ... If it means anything to ya .... Ole ROBO is a HUGGGGEEEEEE!!!!!! fan of The Gachet ... I LOVE your posts ... You make my Wrxing experience [b][i]far better[/i][/b]

Come on back Bro :drinks:

Really disappointed in fact that someone with obvious love of the game had to modify his well-intentioned input for whatever reason, Gachet thanks for your contributions and I personally look forward to further posts if that is what brings you enjoyment.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[size=4]All very sad,The Gachet was not only prolific in his posts but they were of high quality and obviously the result of much research.One member has already mentioned the thread on Nick Faldo was an absolute classic and a perfect example of how an internet forum should work and was what drew me to Golfwrx.[/size]
[size=4]On the other hand I have yet to read anything by the so-called 'staffers' that wasn't trite,banal or patronising.[/size]

[size=4]ALL HAIL,THE GACHET![/size]

[size=4]ps Excellent post stage1350.[/size]