LIVE ROCKETBLADEZ Q&A with TaylorMade! Thursday, Oct. 25 1-3PM ET! Win RBLADEZ TOUR IRONS!

HipCheck

[quote name='jedc' timestamp='1351120100' post='5841265']
What will be the standard shaft offering in the tour model and what others will be available with/without upcharge? I plan to get fully fitted for my next set of clubs and will be taking a look at these as long as the sole and top line aren't too thick/chunky looking.
[/quote]

[b]The standard shaft is the KBS Tour and we offer several custom shafts, here is a link to our custom offerings for the RBladez tour irons http://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/RocketBladez-Tour-Irons/DW-JN938,en_US,pd.html?start=2&cgid=taylormade-irons-allCurrentModels. I've spent a lot of time working with our Tour players to shape this iron, I'd like to think you'll love the performance of the sole and the look of the topline. -BB[/b]

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='creedar' timestamp='1351110228' post='5840515']
From what I've read, these irons offer extreme distance and forgiveness while also eliminating the "hot spot" that is often associated with game improvement irons. Please explain how you were able to engineer this iron to eliminate the dreaded flier.

Thank you!
[/quote] [b]Our Speed Pocket technology helps us achieve multiple benefits, two of which are higher COR (from a faster-flexing face) and greater speed consistency across the face, leading to a much larger sweetspot and consistent distance-control from one shot to the next. During the past few years, all of our iron products have achieved higher and higher COR, all conforming to the Rules of Golf. Compared to our Burner 2.0, RocketBladez irons measure are up to 10 COR points higher.[/b]

[quote name='specimania' timestamp='1351131005' post='5842065'] Hi TM With robust claims going around the golf world in terms of distance, how are you going to back these claims? In other words, why should others orI buy this product aprart from another OEM? [/quote]

Take all the clubs you're thinking about buying to a location with a launch monitor. Test them rigorously and buy the ones you hit the best. We bet you'll leave with TaylorMade.

- ST

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351184638' post='5844717']
[quote name='ionakana511' timestamp='1351092779' post='5838935'] Thanks TM and Hip for allowing us the opportunity to ask about RocketBladez! My question is, with "consistent distance" being a priority in the design of the speed pocket, why wasnt the speed pocket added in the 8-PW? Let's say you do get a consistent distance from 3-7 irons with an increase in distance, wouldnt the 8-PW be somewhat shorter due to lack of the speed pocket? [/quote]

The biggest distance gains in the RocketBladez Tour irons will be experienced in the 3-4 iron. These heads have the most aggressive face and pocket designs, and will also demonstrate the largest consistency gains, because of the way which the pocket is activated. But as you work down to the short irons the flex of the face does less to influence distance and distance control as much. This is due to loft and the oblique nature of the impact with a higher-lofted club head. The 8, 9, and PW still feature the face design changes, and CG management and the gapping across the set will match really well. The milled face and grooves also contribute more to control and consistency in the short irons as compared to the long irons.

- BW
[/quote]

Thanks TM for answering all the questions you've been bombarded with. I do hope that fitting carts will have a complete plethora of shafts to try out with the RocketBladez irons. Would love to see these in a C-Taper or PXi shaft.

Testing: Sim2 8*, Mizuno ST-G 220

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Cleveland Mashie 15.5*

Ping iCrossover - 3 iron

Taylormade P7MB 4-AW DG 105x

Mizuno T22 50* Blue Ion Modus 115x

Mizuno T22 54 Denim Copper TI S400/Vokey SM5 54F

Mizuno MCraft Type VI/Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Three

[quote name='kjameson80' timestamp='1351131863' post='5842155'] So my question is with the new explosive technology added to this line of irons , I understand the ball speed would be increased but with the small change what effect will this have on playability shaping shots etc. love the new look and the sleek design. How does this design also feel off the club face? Thanks for the response and fingers crossed for the big drawing would love to get my hands on these beauty's ! [/quote]

[b]We believe you'll find the feel of the RocketBladez Tour irons to be beyond satisfactory. The compact head shape, thing topline, thin sole, small cavity back and minimal offset all help to make RocketBladez Tour irons extremely workable for players who like to attack pins by drawing and fading the ball.

- GG[/b]

[quote name='bosto2831' timestamp='1351128746' post='5841867']
Could the slot technology eventually be used in wedges? I want to hit everything further!
[/quote]

[b]It actually could but due to the oblique angle of impact on a wedge, the impact of the Speed Pocket would be not as significant. Thanks for the question.[/b]

[b]- BW[/b]

[quote name='ksavy17' timestamp='1351132819' post='5842219'] Was the weights(perfect CG placement in every iron) from the previous TP line something that was included in this line. It made sense that every iron should have the same CG placement on a tour level iron. Is that something that is being abandoned with this line? Also, do you see many tour quality players such as Sergio whom have played blades their whole life switching?? As always thank you for the opportunity TMAG. Thats why your the best in the BIZ!!!! [/quote]

[b]The complexities of the Speed Pocket did not allow us to also incorporate the Precision-Weighting Port. However, the overwhelming performance benefit from the Speed Pocket was just too big to ignore. In other words, the RocketBladez Speed Pocket unlocks such a massive improvement in performance in terms of ball speed, peak trajectory and distance consistency that it outweighs the benefits of the Precision-Weighting Port. Thus, we will use hosel cartridges to adjust the swingweight and accommodate custom shaft offerings in RocketBladez irons. Theoretically, we’d like to include both technologies in one iron, but at this point it isn’t possible.[/b]

[b]Although the design of the RocketBladez Tour iron is more in line with the Tour Preferred MC in terms of size, shape, offset and topline and sole design, the technologies have been specifically and precisely designed to give better players the longest, most consistent, and best feeling Tour iron we’ve ever made. A true muscleback – like the Tour Preferred forged MB – would not benefit from the incorporation of the Speed Pocket like in RocketBladez Tour because the MB’s small, thick-faced, blade-like design does not lend itself to the combination of features needed to deliver the performance enhancement. [/b]

[b]- GG[/b]

[quote name='Ldog' timestamp='1351128259' post='5841841'] TM it is great that we have the opportunity to provide comments / questions directly to the manufacturer. Here are my questions. Last year it was the RBZ irons. I was frankly considering them for my next set. I’m a low handicap golfer. Would these new irons with the slot provide a significant margin of consistency over last year’s RocketBallz irons? How would you describe the target customer for the RocketBladez regular and tour irons vs. the RocketBallz irons? Much thanks. [/quote]

Yes, the RocketBladez irons will be far more consistent thanks to the Speed Pocket. Especially on shots hit low on the face. We would say the RocketBladez are for Tour players--30 Handicaps. RocketBladez Tour are for 0--15 HC.

-ST

-ST

[quote name='wizo' timestamp='1351134675' post='5842341']
Can you truly prevent other manufacturers from copying the innovations you have made in your products, especially the new rocketbladez irons?
[/quote]

Yes. We're in the process of protecting our intellectual properties and believe through this process we will be able to deter competitors from doing what we do.

- BW

[quote name='TaylorMadeGolf' timestamp='1351190108' post='5845411']
[quote name='specimania' timestamp='1351131005' post='5842065'] Hi TM With robust claims going around the golf world in terms of distance, how are you going to back these claims? In other words, why should others orI buy this product aprart from another OEM? [/quote]

Take all the clubs you're thinking about buying to a location with a launch monitor. Test them rigorously and buy the ones you hit the best. We bet you'll leave with TaylorMade.

- ST
[/quote]

I was lucky enough to attend the Justin Timberlake tournament in Las Vegas this year and saw the prototype Sean O'Hair was using. Man was he crushing the ball with great penetrating ball flight. My question is ( not sure if this has been asked yet, I skimmed and didn't see it) How will these new Rbladez ( love the name) compare in forgiveness to the Rocketballz? I personally feel that the Rocketballz are the most forgiving irons to date and not sure how it could get any better. Thanks for your time. Cant wait till the release..

- ST
[/quote]

[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy' timestamp='1351112341' post='5840685']
So the atv wedge has a similar striped pattern on the back but it's red and black. For the Rocketbladez it's gold and black? Why didn't you stick with black and red? Because of my OCD I'll have to paint that if i get them....

I read on your page that the sole of the wedges will feature the atv sole..... Is it going to be 'like' an upgraded atv wedge? How will they be different? What will be in individual price then?
[/quote] [b]RocketBladez [/b][b]wedges are quite unique for a “set wedge.” Their shape is more compact and bladelike, and they have a thin topline and only a slight cavity and. The sole incorporates the features and contours of the ATV sole, and because of that RocketBladez wedges demonstrate the same performance benefits in all playing conditions. RocketBladez wedges are equipped with a slightly heavier shaft as well, to provide the club-balance and feel typically desired in high performance wedges. RocketBladez wedges will retail for $99 in steel.[/b]

[quote name='xxio' timestamp='1351121016' post='5841323'] What is the rationale behind not having .5" length increments in the BladeZ, especially in the mid-long irons? How does this affect distance gaps in the longer clubs? Will that affect any reshafting that I do? I use Nippon Steel shafts and when I reshaft would I have to follow the lengths that you use as stock or can I go my normal .5" differences without affecting swingweight etc. [/quote]

[b]Great question! RBladez uses a system of variables including, length, loft, speed pocket, and face thickness to determine the proper gapping. The spec package is clearly designed for the RocketFuel 85g steel shaft, for custom shafts we keep the same spec package for steel shafts in the 90g range or lighter. If you play a Nippon 950 then they will build similar to the stock shaft. If you choose to have your set made at a traditional length with that shaft, then the swingweight will decrease. With heavier shafts (KBS Tour, DG) we start the build at a traditional length package. -BB[/b]

[quote name='sharks25' timestamp='1351132182' post='5842175']
Question: If the slot is only on the very bottom part of the face, how will the technology help players achieve "a higher flight with softer landings"?
Thanks for the chance guys!
[/quote]

[b]The higher launch angle is achieved by a combination of factors; one being the low CG (achieved by moving 17.5g from high on the head and redistributed lower on the head); and two, the Speed Pocket/thin face which allows the ball to stay in contact with the face longer during compression. [/b]

[b]- BW[/b]

[quote name='specimania' timestamp='1351190733' post='5845489']

- ST
[/quote]
[/quote]

[size=6]THAT IS STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]