2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TaylorMade RAC LT

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

i recently ordered these clubs... 2 MORE MONTHS until they arrive!

these are great irons. they are cool looking and they have a more traditional non bulky look than other cavity backs. rac LT's are just all around excellent clubs.

if you are looking for a new set of cavity backs, these are for you. :drinks:

• 2 months later...

To me these clubs are great for the conservative golfer. Workable enough to get around partial trees, but forgiving enough to keep direction on miss hits. My set is the hard swing option which includes: stiff dynamic gold shafts that have been tipped and made 1-inch longer than standard with golf pride corded grips. Terrific feel and ball flight when swing is in sync, but extremely negative feedback on bad hits.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite honestly, the best irons out there IMO! Very forgiving yet workable, yet not clunky looking at all! Not alot of people are big on stock shafts, but I think the stock True Temper's are very nice. I play a stiff flex and 2-PW. I don't have to swing like a monster to get my desired distance. It is very easy to keep a solid tempo and still get distance and accuracy results that are astounding!

I say, TM all the way!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like these irons. They look good, feel good and are predictable. But after testing, I feel they have a little more bounce than I'd like, especially the PW. Also, the stock lightweight steel shaft seems to make the head feel a bit too light. This said, have you noticed any differences between the Tour heads and the stock heads and how do you feel about the Dynamic Gold shaft in the club?

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like to know about changing to a DG shaft. I played for years with my old set of irons using the DG Lite shafts and I moved to the LT2 last spring. I really like the feel of the club at impact. I can't complain too much about the TM T-Step shaft, but I don't have much to compare it to. I was thinking about pulling my old DG Lite S300 and replacing the stock shafts, but also wondering about moving up to a regular DG shaft.

I've had these in the bag for a year now, and the honeymoon still hasn't ended.

I've played blades, I've played cavity backs, and I've played everything in between. From a design engineering perspective, these should be grouped and compared with cavity backs, but in reality they're in a unique category all their own. That's because at address, they look like a muscle back with a thin top-line and no part of the cavity aparent. But unlike most players' clubs, on slightly off hits you still get reasonably good results. Plus, the workability factor is great. I only wish they made a forged version, but even cast, the feel is surprisingly soft.

So its been a year, and so I've had the chance to compare them to all the new sticks, and still, they are tops...all the advantages of a muscle back, all the benefits of a cavity. Nothing else on the market right now compares (not even the MP-60 which is not nearly as forgiving). They extended their lease in my bag for at least another season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I tried thr PING I5's and the LT's. With my experience the Taylor Made RAC LT's are better because the offset in the Pings would cause a big slinging hook shot 1 out of 10 and the LT's are much easier to work the ball. Would recommend these as one of the best sets of irons. Have had the RAC MB's and Tour Burners before.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
There is a reason you see these and the 04 LT in so many PGA tour bags.

Are those the 05s?

Anyone have a pic of the 04s?

I'm trying to get this straight. (which models are which)

This is the best I could do:

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/vintage_deta...ID=9&page=3

It shows the LT 05s....but I see no 04s.

???

BTW if you go 2 pages forward there's 2 LT's from 2002.....they both look the same.....the specs are the same from me skimming them.....what's the deal??

There is a reason you see these and the 04 LT in so many PGA tour bags.

Are those the 05s?

Anyone have a pic of the 04s?

I'm trying to get this straight. (which models are which)

This is the best I could do:

http://www.taylormadegolf.com/vintage_deta...ID=9&page=3

It shows the LT 05s....but I see no 04s.

???

BTW if you go 2 pages forward there's 2 LT's from 2002.....they both look the same.....the specs are the same from me skimming them.....what's the deal??

Pretty sure the pics posted above are an 05 model, before that they looked like the attached pic for a few years at least.

Yikes, the more I look at those shiny new 05s the more I am convinced they would look just the ticket in my bag!!!!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I have to say that these irons look beautiful at address. However I had a very difficult time with them ballooning on me. I had Dynamic Gold S 300's in them. I also had a difficult time hitting the sweet spot. Recenly, I saw ralph maltby's playability factor on all irons. The Rac LT's have a very low C dimension which equal sweet spot, as well had a low Vertical center of gravity. Hence, the problems I was having made sense to me. Anyway they are nice irons, but I don't hit the ball nearly well enough all the time for these irons. Just my 2 cents!

Ping 410 LST 9* X

Taylormade super fast 2.0 15* S

Ping 400 19* S

Ping i210 S 4-W

Ping Stealth 2.0  52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know I'm late to the party on these but I just wanted to say these are a great set of irons, yes there a little old now and who cares right, well for the person looking for a cheap set for players that are forgiving, well... here you go.

I have had many sets irons, mostly combo and blades, but I remember I did have a set of TM HT's at one point, it was me looking for forgiveness and while they offered it..they were clunky looking and had that cast feedback feeling. I was turned off by taylormade irons from here on out.

I followed this set with forged clubs and never looked back... well... at least until I was fumbling through ebay looking for something different and found a deal for TM LT's with x100's.

Wow... never played x100 and didn't know what to expect but possibaly a harsh feeling club... not the case... I have been waiting to say this word "butter" in a description of a forged blade or something, but I guess it'll work for a cast set, yep these clubs are smooth and accurate... I have been a rifle guy for a while and I am happy with how x100's compliment the heads.

I have had a lot of different irons including scratch tour irons and I will give the a LT's 8... of 10 I suppose... they had good trajectory and are very workable, while not pretty, they and couldn't be happier... I am going to game the for awhile and see if the bring me win in the tourneys I play.

I'm sure I'll move on eventually, but lately I am not so much into the latest and greatest, as finding what feels good and works, no matter what the year it was made.

• 7 months later...
I just purchased a set 4-pw in excellent condition with s300's for $150 on craigslist. I think I got a great deal. Did I?

Thanks

BC

If they are really nice looking, you made a good deal :yes:

hey, I have a set of lt 2's I have played for two seasons, they still clean up nice and I put the s400's dg in them . you are lucky the t step shafts are not in them unless you want to lose 10 yards and balloon in front of every green lol. I might even get them re-lofted to take the trajectory down a little more . have you found any distance loss from these compared to other cb irons? and just so you know, I will abide the loss for how straight I can hit or shape these. in other words. you got a sweet deal!! they sold for 1000 3 years ago at golftown.! hope this helps

• 3 months later...