Vegas/Golf Adventures?

lonestarhog

Going to Vegas for my brother's bachelor party March 28-31. Reached out to Golf Adventures and they gave me some prices. Tell me if these prices are good, great, or can I do better?

Rio Secco - $199

Dragon Ridge - $250

Revere Lexington - $145

Red Rock Arroyo - $139

LV Paiute Snow or Sun Mtn - $149

TPC Vegas - $219

Thanks guys!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot will depend on when you are playing. When I went I scouted on golfnow I figured I could find a better deal with my concierge but really didn't. These are higher than what I saw and paid but I was in October which is not peak season everything was cheaper. Try the online booking through the course websites also.
Anything after noon is cheaper, also look for courses that have multiple round discounts (especially if they have more than one track you want to play).
My other piece of advice is if you are renting clubs find a club service, I found it on vegas.com. For right about what you pay for one day rental, you can rent a set for the whole trip. They will pick up and deliver to your hotel, and several options are available.

Also when deciding which course/courses to play take a look at location and transportation. Although if you have a large group( foursome or more) many courses will send a complimentary shuttle.

Did a quick search at golfnow just to give you an example. Revere had a 36 hole special starting at 9:30 for $165 a player(so 85 a round) they also had tee times at 11:50 for $89, and afternoons 109, until you get to twilight and they drop but you might not get in get 18 in- they do start at 2pm though($72)
That should give you an idea of what you can save at the other courses also. I could not go out to March yet, but I searched this week, and weekend, Surprisingly there was no change for weekend days, so the prices were available then also
It's worth the research!

Terrible prices especially from DragonRidge and TPC. I would skip the golf services altogether and instead look for afternoon tee times at group courses:

OB Sports manages several courses including Angel Park, Legacy, Stallion Mountain, Painted Desert and Las Vegas GC. I would get the first 4 courses.

Boulder Creek and Boulder City have deals to play their courses.

The Par 4 group runs Primm Valley, Badlands and Silverstone. Play the first 2.

You can probably get a deal on Arroyo and Siena but not as good as what I already listed.

Dont pay half that quote for arroyo. Also do not play any OB properties, golfinnova, those are not the courses a vacationer would want to play. <--- Angel Park is a dump, Painted Desert is mostly dirt, Stallion and Legacy actually are decent, you rule out LVGC like its the trashhole of the group when by far it is PD then AP.

We don't know what the O.P. is looking for but even as a tourist those prices are a total ripoff. I actually like LVGC but it is slow to play just because of the locals traffic compared to the other OB tracks and we'll just have to disagree on PD but there are deals out there.

If you want to play the best courses then in terms of conditioning and prices then it is best to book the 3 Paiute courses along with Primm and Boulder Creek. However, if one wants good deals where he doesn't get the tourist shaft then my previous post applies correctly.

Those prices are more than I've ever paid for those courses. Paiute has multiple play deals with meal, drink and rental clubs included for less. A lot depends on time of year and whether you play weekday or weekend. Check out the courses directly. Here's the link to Paiute: [url="http://lvpaiutegolf.com/images/Full%202012%20Rates%20Binder%20Mar%20-%20Dec%202012%203-1-2012.pdf"]http://lvpaiutegolf....12 3-1-2012.pdf[/url]

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360204905' post='6377507']
[b]We don't know what the O.P. is looking for but even as a tourist those prices are a total ripoff. [/b]I actually like LVGC but it is slow to play just because of the locals traffic compared to the other OB tracks and we'll just have to disagree on PD but there are deals out there.

If you want to play the best courses then in terms of conditioning and prices then it is best to book the 3 Paiute courses along with Primm and Boulder Creek. However, if one wants good deals where he doesn't get the tourist shaft then my previous post applies correctly.
[/quote]

Guess it depends on your perspective. ;)

I will preface this with I do always try to find the best deal, but when you have a five month golf season and it's -25 C for stretches during the winter....I'll pay whatever to play a high quality course like Rio, Paiute Wolf, and to a lesser extent TPC when I'm down.

[quote name='cdnrockies' timestamp='1360515447' post='6399831']
[b]We don't know what the O.P. is looking for but even as a tourist those prices are a total ripoff. [/b]I actually like LVGC but it is slow to play just because of the locals traffic compared to the other OB tracks and we'll just have to disagree on PD but there are deals out there.

[/quote]

Guess it depends on your perspective. ;)

I will preface this with I do always try to find the best deal, but when you have a five month golf season and it's -25 C for stretches during the winter....I'll pay whatever to play a high quality course like Rio, Paiute Wolf, and to a lesser extent TPC when I'm down.
[/quote]

Completely understandable ;) The ability to play golf year-round was one of the reasons for moving here from DC. Speaking of Rio, I'm booked to play there next Sunday for $60 :partytime2: .

Heard Cascata is $125 for this month. Anyone interested locally in joining me? Going back to topic a second Sabram is correct and as I continue to note, courses here continue to gouge tourists while sitting empty in the afternoons so they ask a premium price for average or subpar conditions. The best course conditions are Paiute (yes, I'm biased as a member there)but there is a reason why they get the huge groups. Of course, it helps a great deal they don't have the water expense that the other courses have.

[quote]
Completely understandable ;) The ability to play golf year-round was one of the reasons for moving here from DC. [b]Speaking of Rio, I'm booked to play there next Sunday for $60 [/b] :partytime2: .

Heard Cascata is $125 for this month. Anyone interested locally in joining me? Going back to topic a second Sabram is correct and as I continue to note, courses here continue to gouge tourists while sitting empty in the afternoons so they ask a premium price for average or subpar conditions. The best course conditions are Paiute (yes, I'm biased as a member there)but there is a reason why they get the huge groups. Of course, it helps a great deal they don't have the water expense that the other courses have.
[/quote]

You suck....lol. J/K.

Must be nice. I played Rio in late November for $135 on a Monday.

Local pricing is definitely a bonus. When we head down to our place in Carlsbad, I get drilled for $220 a round at Torrey while the locals are only $60. Going to try using my property tax bill to get on next time even though we're only there for a couple weeks a year. :)

[quote name='cdnrockies' timestamp='1360526778' post='6400807']
[quote]
Completely understandable ;) The ability to play golf year-round was one of the reasons for moving here from DC. [b]Speaking of Rio, I'm booked to play there next Sunday for $60 [/b] :partytime2: .

[/quote]

You suck....lol. J/K.

Local pricing is definitely a bonus. When we head down to our place in Carlsbad, I get drilled for $220 a round at Torrey while the locals are only $60. Going to try using my property tax bill to get on next time even though we're only there for a couple weeks a year.

The guy who booked the Rio round lives in Santa Rosa but also has a place here, I'll have to ask him what he uses to show to get the local discount.

[quote]

[/quote]

You suck....lol. J/K.

Local pricing is definitely a bonus. When we head down to our place in Carlsbad, I get drilled for $220 a round at Torrey while the locals are only $60. Going to try using my property tax bill to get on next time even though we're only there for a couple weeks a year. :)
[/quote]

I really don't like Rio Secco or Cascata. At all. Cascata, when you're on the 15th tee, you feel like you've played the same hole 4 times, you can only go up and down a mountain so many times. Rio Secco is okay. I'm really not a fan of most of the public golf options in Las Vegas. Love the Paiute courses. If the OP is a member at a private club, he can always try to get an unaccompanied group out at Southern Highlands (a little pricey, but great) and South Shore (which is like $250 or so, for essentially a brand new golf course) which are much better than most of the stuff listed on this list.

We don't know what the O.P. is looking for but even as a tourist those prices are a total ripoff. I actually like LVGC but it is slow to play just because of the locals traffic compared to the other OB tracks and[b] we'll just have to disagree on PD[/b] but there are deals out there.

[/quote]

Wow. You are either blind or prefer playing golf in a cow pasture, a poor condition cow pasture.

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1360555368' post='6404067']
We don't know what the O.P. is looking for but even as a tourist those prices are a total ripoff. I actually like LVGC but it is slow to play just because of the locals traffic compared to the other OB tracks and[b] we'll just have to disagree on PD[/b] but there are deals out there.

[/quote]

Wow. You are either blind or prefer playing golf in a cow pasture, a poor condition cow pasture.
[/quote]

LOL, Muni is a dump. It's fun every once in awhile though.

[quote name='LagunaLove' timestamp='1360555540' post='6404081']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Muni looks like Shadow Creek compared to Painted Desert.

Im not saying Muni is in great shape but when I played it in October and November their greens rolled smooth. The overall condition then was actually pretty good. Of course it is going to gradually get worse since it is muni.

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1360556035' post='6404131']
[quote name='LagunaLove' timestamp='1360555540' post='6404081']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Muni looks like Shadow Creek compared to Painted Desert.

Im not saying Muni is in great shape but when I played it in October and November their greens rolled smooth. The overall condition then was actually pretty good. Of course it is going to gradually get worse since it is muni.
[/quote]

I definitely agree. There's nothing about Painted Desert that I like.

To be honest with you, I'm not a fan of most Las Vegas golf. There are definitely some gems in the region that I really enjoy playing, but there's a lot of overpriced hot garbage as well that definitely outweighs the good ones.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Lighten up Francis, if you think PD is a dump then you really don't know anything about courses here! You want to talk about dumps, go play Desert Rose with it's crap range and trash strewn fairways where one can get on at $25. That is a dump![/b]

[b]You don't like PD, I get it but don't come on here and insult me saying I am blind. You got it!!![/b]

[quote name='jwadds' timestamp='1360728571' post='6418223']
Another option you might enjoy would be Primm Valley. Two tom Fazio courses, both in great shape. Play 36 in 1 day as a non-resident for about $150.
[/quote]

Agreed! Just looking at golfnow for Saturday the 30th granted the times don't include all the courses the O.P. listed but I pulled up afternoon times:

Paiute Snow at 1:04-$71.00
Paiute Wolf at 12:36-$82.00
Primm Valley Desert at 1:00-$89.00
Primm Valley Lakes at 1:00-$105.00
Siena at 1:02-$99.00
Spanish Trail at 1:00-$115.00
Boulder Creek at 12:12-$65.00
Arroyo at 1:26-$109.00
Badlands at 1:30-$104.00
Tuscany at 1:30-$90.00

Plenty of time to get done before it gets dark. Some people have love/hate relationships with Badlands as it is target golf on Desperado/Diablo so YMMV!

While I wouldn't pay the rate, I also saw Bali Hai at 2:00 for $225.00 :censored2:

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360641218' post='6411183']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Lighten up Francis, if you think PD is a dump then you really don't know anything about courses here! You want to talk about dumps, go play Desert Rose with it's crap range and trash strewn fairways where one can get on at $25. That is a dump![/b]

[b]You don't like PD, I get it but don't come on here and insult me saying I am blind. You got it!!![/b]
[/quote]

My name is not Francis. I know more about the courses in Vegas than you.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360731277' post='6418537']
Another option you might enjoy would be Primm Valley. Two tom Fazio courses, both in great shape. Play 36 in 1 day as a non-resident for about $150.
[/quote]

Agreed! Just looking at golfnow for Saturday the 30th granted the times don't include all the courses the O.P. listed but I pulled up afternoon times:

Plenty of time to get done before it gets dark. Some people have love/hate relationships with Badlands as it is target golf on Desperado/Diablo so YMMV!

While I wouldn't pay the rate, I also saw Bali Hai at 2:00 for $225.00 :censored2:
[/quote]

Bali Hai is the most overrated golf course in Vegas. The planes taking off, literally, every couple minutes is more than just an annoying distraction.

Paiute Wolf is by far the best option on this list, imo. Badlands is fun for the masochists out there...lol. Definitely not worth over $100 a round.

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1360734628' post='6418725']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Obviously you don't if you think PD is a dump when there are far worse out here. Try being an adult and be objective with your posts!!![/b]

[quote name='cdnrockies' timestamp='1360734722' post='6418729']
[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360731277' post='6418537']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Bali Hai is the most overrated golf course in Vegas. The planes taking off, literally, every couple minutes is more than just an annoying distraction.

Paiute Wolf is by far the best option on this list, imo. Badlands is fun for the masochists out there...lol. Definitely not worth over $100 a round.
[/quote]

Agreed 1000% on Bali Hai. I didn't post it but the morning rounds there were $295 :cheesy:

I also agree with Paiute Wolf being the best option and what you say about Badlands. I've been lucky every time I play there; although, I can easily understand why people hate it.

Alright, I am back and I appreciate the replies! A little further investigation and I'm not that happy with the prices I was quoted by Golf Adventures. I get it, they need to make a profit too but the prices they quoted me are the same prices I would pay if I booked it myself. A little additional info that I forgot to include was that this is for probably 5-6 people on Friday, March 29. I don't want to tee off too late but obviously the later, the cheaper so it is kind of up to the group as well. As of now, I am leaning towards either of the Paiute courses. I will look at Primm per someone's suggestion.

I do have one question though, with the sun setting earlier in Vegas than what we are used to in central time zones, what is the latest for 6 people to tee off and still make it before it gets too dark?

Thanks again for all of your advice!

[quote name='lonestarhog' timestamp='1360797685' post='6423601']
Alright, I am back and I appreciate the replies! A little further investigation and I'm not that happy with the prices I was quoted by Golf Adventures. I get it, they need to make a profit too but the prices they quoted me are the same prices I would pay if I booked it myself. A little additional info that I forgot to include was that this is for probably 5-6 people on Friday, March 29. I don't want to tee off too late but obviously the later, the cheaper so it is kind of up to the group as well. As of now, I am leaning towards either of the Paiute courses. I will look at Primm per someone's suggestion.

I do have one question though, with the sun setting earlier in Vegas than what we are used to in central time zones, what is the latest for 6 people to tee off and still make it before it gets too dark?

Thanks again for all of your advice!
[/quote]

Since you're leaning towards playing on Friday, I would think 1:00 will give your party enough time to finish as it is 6:00 p.m. now as I write this and it is just getting too dark.

[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360792014' post='6423009']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[b]Obviously you don't if you think PD is a dump when there are far worse out here. Try being an adult and be objective with your posts!!![/b]
[/quote]

PD is a dump. Get over it. Everyone I talk to says the same exact thing.

[quote name='kg92lefty' timestamp='1360816272' post='6425571']
[quote name='Golfinnova' timestamp='1360792014' post='6423009']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

PD is a dump. Get over it. Everyone I talk to says the same exact thing.
[/quote]

[b]That is [u]YOUR[/u] opinion which you are entitled to; however, show some respect for others who don't share that opinion. As I said before, be objective as to [u]WHY[/u] you think it is a dump and be a grown-up about it!!![/b]

I played TPC Vegas and Bali Hai last year in March. I think I remember paying $175 for the first round at TPC, $75 for the replay round. At Bali I paid $169 for the first round, $75 for the replay.

One of the earlier posters is correct about the planes constantly flying low over Bali Hai. I got used to it pretty quick, so it didn't bother me, but I could see how some might be bothered by it.

Titleist ProV1x
Titleist 915 D2

Callaway Maverik 3W
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 2 3H

Callaway Apex '14 3-iron
Callaway Apex Black '22 irons 5-AW
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5
Callaway Jaws (60, 54)