2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BlazeOC' timestamp='1413126468' post='10274163']
[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1413117740' post='10273825']Did you guys notice the update to GameGolf in the last few days? Two things:
1) Shot detection. When I uploaded my round, a couple of shots said "detected shots". Apparently it's a new feature that GameGolf can detect a shot when you forgot to tag it. The device can detect hip movement! Who knew?
2) New signing options: You can make a round private, or not include the round in the stats. Click the "gear" icon next to the "sign round" button to change the options.[/quote]

Does the device need to be plugged in to update it? Or was this an update on their end
[/quote]

Hard to tell if it was a firmware update or if they were already getting that data and finally turned on the feature on the website.

After you plug your device in, if you click the right arrow icon under the picture of GameGolf in the transfer program, it will tell you the software and firmware version.

Mine says software ver: 1.0.1.0
Firmware ver: 5.5.0.3

Ahh , my vibrator didn't make it to 100 rounds. It actually died last month but I forgot to post about it. It made some really loud buzzes like it was loose on the first 3 tags of the fateful round then the motor gave up the ghost. Unit is still functional and beeps when tagged. But I kind of miss the buzz.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

[quote name='Little.Ned' timestamp='1413166560' post='10276633']
How accurate have you guys found GG to be?
[/quote]

I think overall it's accurate enough, or at least, as accurate as GPS can be (3 yards is the best you can do).

However, I have noticed a couple of tag which are way off at times, which is why I review the round afterward. I *think* the gps has some lag to it, so if you just walk up to a shot (or drive up) and immediately tag, it is recording your location 20 yards before that. So I've gotten into the habit of tagging immediately after the shot, which gives it a few extra seconds to catch up.

Hey how did you guys contact GameGolf to have them replace a messed up tag? Need a fresh 6i tag.

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

You should just be able to send a message to the support.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1413200133' post='10277339']
[/quote]

I think overall it's accurate enough, or at least, as accurate as GPS can be (3 yards is the best you can do).

However, I have noticed a couple of tag which are way off at times, which is why I review the round afterward. I *think* the gps has some lag to it, so if you just walk up to a shot (or drive up) and immediately tag, it is recording your location 20 yards before that. So I've gotten into the habit of tagging immediately after the shot, which gives it a few extra seconds to catch up.
[/quote]

Hi Larrybud,

how many 'off-readings' do you now get per round when you give the GPS a bit more time to settle on the position (e.g. tagging after the shot)?
I bought the device earlier this year but gave it back during the 14 days cool off period (in the UK you can send everything back within 14 days if you've ordered via the internet) because I was getting too many of these 'off' readings.
I still haven't given up on it though, hoping that a new hardware version will have a better GPS and bluetooth so that you can upload/edit via phone straight after round.

@ParHunter,

Just a couple of off readings per round. Almost none on full shots. Moreso on the greens since I'm not going to stand by the hole when tagging a tap in for very long, and since the tap in just take a second, the GPS doesn't have time to settle. But since a tap in is usually right after a putt that took my full attention, it's still not that far off.

Most of my problems are forgetting to tag it at the appropriate time.

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1413382412' post='10291531']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Larrybud,

how many 'off-readings' do you now get per round when you give the GPS a bit more time to settle on the position (e.g. tagging after the shot)?
I bought the device earlier this year but gave it back during the 14 days cool off period (in the UK you can send everything back within 14 days if you've ordered via the internet) because I was getting too many of these 'off' readings.
I still haven't given up on it though, hoping that a new hardware version will have a better GPS and bluetooth so that you can upload/edit via phone straight after round.
[/quote]
I've not had any of these 'off-readings' in the 3x rounds I have uploaded (I'm in Surrey too btw) - When you get on the green the system isn't concerned with how far each putt is but focuses on the number of putts you take - Interestingly (to me) the system automatically positions the hole in the middle of every green, but moves the location after the first or second putt as it assumes you would be near the hole by them (very clever imho) - I have been very pleased with mine & the level of support is excellent & if you read through the Support pages they really do seem to be taking on board suggestions made by the users - I asked them about extra sets of tags recently & based on the level of requests for these, they are in the process of manufacturing them ready to sell in 2015 (early I hope?)
Cheers ... Paul

TaylorMade P770 5-PW c/w Shimada Tour Lite Stiff 
Mizuno MP-T22 49* 54* 58* 
TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 10.5* Driver c/w MRC Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR 60s
PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

[quote name='ukgolfer' timestamp='1413272568' post='10282885']
I got the medal things for longest drive, most birdies, etc in the first couple of rounds but no more. Is this feature still working for anyone else? Btw, i am [url="http://www.gamegolf.com/player/nmitchell73"]http://www.gamegolf....yer/nmitchell73[/url]
[/quote]

Yes it still works, and it's a really cool feature. When you beat your personal bests of any category in your overall stats it will let you know.

They all populate in the first few rounds as benchmark medals, then you best it from that point forward.

Hope that answered your question. Cheers!

[quote name='PaulBoy' timestamp='1413397820' post='10293663']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Larrybud,

[/quote]
I've not had any of these 'off-readings' in the 3x rounds I have uploaded (I'm in Surrey too btw) - When you get on the green the system isn't concerned with how far each putt is but focuses on the number of putts you take - Interestingly (to me) the system automatically positions the hole in the middle of every green, but moves the location after the first or second putt as it assumes you would be near the hole by them (very clever imho) - I have been very pleased with mine & the level of support is excellent & if you read through the Support pages they really do seem to be taking on board suggestions made by the users - I asked them about extra sets of tags recently & based on the level of requests for these, they are in the process of manufacturing them ready to sell in 2015 (early I hope?)
Cheers ... Paul
[/quote]

Email their support you can purchase a full set of tags directly from them for $39.99 +tax

GAMEGolf will replace up to 3 damaged or defective tags at no charge. And if the caps come unglued or "pop" off, the best solution I have found for home repair is SHOE-GOO. It's a great plastic adhesive. As long as the wires aren't damaged, it can be re-glued. Per advice from GAMEGolf support, DO NOT use super glue.

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1413406634' post='10294661']
[quote name='PaulBoy' timestamp='1413397820' post='10293663']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hi Larrybud,

[/quote]
Cheers ... Paul
[/quote]

Email their support you can purchase a full set of tags directly from them for $39.99 +tax

GAMEGolf will replace up to 3 damaged or defective tags at no charge. And if the caps come unglued or "pop" off, the best solution I have found for home repair is SHOE-GOO. It's a great plastic adhesive. As long as the wires aren't damaged, it can be re-glued. Per advice from GAMEGolf support, DO NOT use super glue.
[/quote]
Hi ... Maybe it's because I'm in the UK but support did not offer me a set of tags @ $39.99 +tax (?) - Anyone else get a set like this?
Paul

PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

[/quote]

Curious if you're getting more "detected shots" this way? I'd assume the software is smart enough to associate the tag that follows with the movement detected.

[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1413467607' post='10298691']
[/quote]

Curious if you're getting more "detected shots" this way? I'd assume the software is smart enough to associate the tag that follows with the movement detected.
[/quote]

I've only noticed a couple of "detected shots" the last couple of rounds. Must be some sort of time after the detected shot with the tag, or possibly proximity to the detected shot.

I've had a "detected shot" be detected from driving over bumps! Not sure I'm keen on that feature, but it can be turned off.

[quote name='kevnixon' timestamp='1413663302' post='10310657']
I currently am uk based and in our house hold we have two iPads and no PC or mac. Is this useable with just an iPad/iphone ?
[/quote]
The only way to upload data is using the USB cable and your Mac or PC
There are apps for iphone & android but these cannot be used to upload as far as I am aware
You could email their support & ask if they plan to make uploading work with ipad in the future? - Support is excellent & you usually get a quick response
Cheers ... Paul

PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ... Probably not an issue you will encounter in the US but here in the UK the poor weather we have to put up with during the winter means that courses can spend a considerable period of time using temporary green(s) - I played on one of my regular courses recently and there were several temporary greens in use, albeit this was due to tining work on the greens - GG should allow for this by letting you edit the hole in question by dragging the hole location to the location of the temporary green, however when you try to do this is prevents you from doing so?
Any suggestions? - Maybe I am doing something wrong or there is something else I could do?
Cheers ... Paul
PS - I have emailed GG & await their reply

PXG 3 5 7 Woods 
PXG Closer Putter

You can move the pin off the green, but then it will think you're putting off the green. Ran into this the other day when playing a course that had two greens for a single hole.

So I think the way GG has done this is to have some meta data which defines the edges of the tee box, fairway, and greens.

• 2 weeks later...

Love my Game Golf! Handicap is slowly dropping and it has really validated my strategies on the course and as I take them further, my scores keep moving in the right direction.

Quick question, has anyone put the putter tag on a counterbalanced putter and how did you accomplish it? I recently switch to a model with a weight in the butt and the tag won't insert fully. I don't want to break it or glue it. Anyone have any cool solutions?

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I used GG with a CB putter and the best solution I could come up with was to keep that tag in my pocket. I pulled it out and touched it to the unit when I was about to putt. Not ideal, but I couldn't think of anything to get the tag into the grip. FWIW, my CB is homemade using a clevis pin, so it's not a factory weighted grip or factory weight from one of the OEMs.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

I find the recent updates to the website and the analysis it provides brilliant. In particular I like the feature that you can now compare against a benchmark. I averaged 78.6 over the last 20+ rounds and its great to compare my average values against those who shoot between 72 and 75. Gives some very good pointers to areas I need to work on.

I also like the new tab on club performance.

With the pace the guys at Game Golf are working, I expect more cool features to be added.

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1415199031' post='10400137']
I used GG with a CB putter and the best solution I could come up with was to keep that tag in my pocket. I pulled it out and touched it to the unit when I was about to putt. Not ideal, but I couldn't think of anything to get the tag into the grip. FWIW, my CB is homemade using a clevis pin, so it's not a factory weighted grip or factory weight from one of the OEMs.
[/quote]

I don't own a Game Golf set and I also havent seen one up close BUT I'll add my two cents anyway. Could you modify the tag for the putter into a nice ballmarker form factor? Extra credit for integrating it into a nice two piece ball marker type design. Would this be beter or worse than just keeping the thing "as is" in your pocket? Don't know. Could be cool though.

JP

I play so bad, but it feels so good!
WITB Link