2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1442245278' post='12311542']
I am starting to get annoyed by the lack of progress with some of the issues on [url="http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/."]http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/.[/url]

In the UK we normally play Stableford, that means if you can't score anymore on a hole you pick up. Can't do that with GG! If you just leave it like it is your putting and approach shot stats gets screwed (e.g. it might assume you holed from your last shot). So you either delete the whole hole (which gives you some nice scores - but only over 16 or so holes) or you end up with wrong or made up stats.

I think they need a 'picked up' tag (just use one of the spare ones). I had one whole where (according to GameGolf) I hit a drive on the 8th tee box, then a fairway wood to the 9th tee box. There I hit another driver and continued to play the 9th hole ??? I had to pick up after my fairway wood because I couldn't find my ball.
[/quote]

My leagues play a similar format called Chicago. If you shoot a double or worse you don't get any points for the hole and most guys pick up. When I pick up on a hole due to OB or whatever, I'll just edit the hole when I upload it to reflect a double or triple or what I think I would have scored. It does skew the stats some, but I'm not making a living off of this and it's not really that important to me.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am starting to get annoyed by the lack of progress with some of the issues on [url="http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/."]http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/.[/url]

In the UK we normally play Stableford, that means if you can't score anymore on a hole you pick up. Can't do that with GG! If you just leave it like it is your putting and approach shot stats gets screwed (e.g. it might assume you holed from your last shot). So you either delete the whole hole (which gives you some nice scores - but only over 16 or so holes) or you end up with wrong or made up stats.

I think they need a 'picked up' tag (just use one of the spare ones). I had one whole where (according to GameGolf) I hit a drive on the 8th tee box, then a fairway wood to the 9th tee box. There I hit another driver and continued to play the 9th hole ??? I had to pick up after my fairway wood because I couldn't find my ball.
[/quote]

Was going to say the same thing. I just mark with a putter as I pickup then edit the hole and add the extra shots etc that I thought I would do. 90% of the time I am on the green anyway so I finish off or just tag the putter then go from there.

We do the same thing... We pick up after double. I always just make it a double and go.

My handicap won't allow me to make worse than that in a non tournament round anyway, so I just put down double in the editing.

This weekend, might have some trips as its a 2 day member guest .... :|

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1442250365' post='12311956']

[/quote]

My leagues play a similar format called Chicago. If you shoot a double or worse you don't get any points for the hole and most guys pick up. When I pick up on a hole due to OB or whatever, I'll just edit the hole when I upload it to reflect a double or triple or what I think I would have scored. It does skew the stats some, but I'm not making a living off of this and it's not really that important to me.
[/quote]

Any system that lets you pick up at double-bogey is a winner in my book.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

[quote name='matchavez' timestamp='1443203393' post='12366944']
[quote name='RSinSG' timestamp='1442250365' post='12311956']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any system that lets you pick up at double-bogey is a winner in my book.
[/quote]

The worst thing is if you have some beginners that can't break 100 play 'Medal' because they think they have to hole out.
I have to admit I did the same because I was told that you HAVE TO hole out when I started. 16 strokes later ...

[quote name='Matt J' timestamp='1442247864' post='12311756']
Has anyone tried the stand-alone tags with an Android device? Advertised on their website at 99 bucks. Curious if the functionality is equal to with their tracker? Thanks.
[/quote]

Will be trying today, hopefully it isn't too bad. Was tossing up between this and GolfGPS but for me GolfGPS is so much harder to get.

I'd go with the whole kit and not just the tags. Unless you've got a portable charger, it might drain the battery of your phone and there's nothing worse than loosing power in the middle of the round and having to approximate the shots. The whole kit is only $50 more, but is worth the hassle not to have to worry about battery life. I played 27 holes in a day and had no problems at all with the Game Golf system, whereas I know my android phone wouldn't have lasted that long at all.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game

Being that I just moved back to Florida... I will get to play most all year round...
I will be using my GGolf through the winter..
I am going to TPC sawgrass in the next few weeks and I can't wait to get that round captured
I may not break 100, but I am going to love every stroke....

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I guess the thing I am most disappointed about is the complete lack of innovation or change to the website/app/product in the last...two years? My initial thoughts on GG were that it would be a great product because so long as they retained the data in the database, you could do a ton of exciting and innovative things with the GUI or front end. But I've had it for almost a year now and I cant remember any significant changes that they have made. I talked to a buddy of mine who had it when they were beta testing it - he's had his for I think now almost two years - and same thing, no significant changes.

Their site is filled with tons of great user suggestions but so far I've seen none of them actually implemented. I thought a bunch of things - like the ability to do some ad hoc queries - would have been long done. But honestly this product is 95% the same as it was 24 months ago. In the IT/gadget world, going this long without significant innovations is just way too long.

I noticed the price now has dropped and wonder if they are getting ready to release a new version of the hardware. But again - I think we've been saying that for a while too.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I've had the system since the middle of June and have to agree I am disappointed with the lack of innovation in the analysis options available on the website. I, too, have seen some wonderful suggestions made but nothing new has shown up. The one thing I do commend them on is their level of customer service.

I bought GG in Sept 2014, and they made a lot of changes in the subsequent 6 months. We'll see if they just put the major changes in during the winter, or if they've run out of resources to do anything new.

My main gripe now that I have a ton of rounds in, is that they default to showing all shots when you pull up a stat. It takes a while to display every drive I've ever hit, and the data really isn't that useful with that many data points.

[quote name='dcmidnight' timestamp='1445031505' post='12466450']
I guess the thing I am most disappointed about is the complete lack of innovation or change to the website/app/product in the last...two years? My initial thoughts on GG were that it would be a great product because so long as they retained the data in the database, you could do a ton of exciting and innovative things with the GUI or front end. But I've had it for almost a year now and I cant remember any significant changes that they have made. I talked to a buddy of mine who had it when they were beta testing it - he's had his for I think now almost two years - and same thing, no significant changes.

Their site is filled with tons of great user suggestions but so far I've seen none of them actually implemented. I thought a bunch of things - like the ability to do some ad hoc queries - would have been long done. But honestly this product is 95% the same as it was 24 months ago. In the IT/gadget world, going this long without significant innovations is just way too long.

I noticed the price now has dropped and wonder if they are getting ready to release a new version of the hardware. But again - I think we've been saying that for a while too.
[/quote]

Funnily enough I was going to raise the same issue today. I think that they started so well and got so much great feedback from users that they could have a fantastic product by now but they seem to be sitting on their laurels. When I look at the work done by Arccos and the new products coming out it makes me think about changing.

I find it incredible that they have not added any of the easy features requested by users that would really allow people to benefit from the existing data.

Not being able to easily filter the data based on courses/specific holes/time periods is a real pain and should be simple to add.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

I have the feeling they have concentrated mainly on the 'free' app to get more users rather than improving the stats. From the stats point of view, nothing really has changed since they've introduced the 'insight tab'.

One feature that is completely missing is 'development over time'. E.g. how is your GIR stats evolving, or is there a trend in shot distance and dispersion.
The comparing the basic stats against a selected handicap bracket is nice but it would be nice to see how this is evolving.

Very disappointed as well. Let's hope they have something big in the pipeline!

http://www.wareable.com/golf/new-game-golf-live-adds-real-time-smartphone-insights-for-your-round-1854

Have to say I was slightly disappointed with this release! It is a mash between the classic and the app. Still includes tagging and after taking on $29million investment I was hoping for better.

For the GameGolf users would you upgrade to the new unit?? I see there is a UK upgrade option but haven't found the US cost.

Really interested to hear others thoughts?

So seems like the new Game Golf Live (as mentioned in another thread) is why there have been no new enhancements recently.

I like that they have added new features to the new system and I guess the upgrade cost of 99 GBP answers my point from earlier on how the business model will work in the future.

Thanks for the heads up on this one I had not seen this yet.

Seems like an interesting one.

The live stats are not so important for me as I currently do not use the range finder as I have a Sky Caddie but as the membership there is running out I might be interested in dropping that for one all in one solution.

The new stats (strokes gained) sounds interesting and I am wondering whether there are any other customer requests that have been added. I have already emailed them about the upgrade situation and will think about it once I know more.

Also interested in this.

Mizuno STG 440 9.5*/ Cinnamon 75-X
Mizuno MP Metal Ti (JDM) 18*/ Blueboard ION 83x

MP 55 4-PW/MP 53 3i/Recoil 125 Prototype
MP64 4-7/ MP4 8-PW (6-PW 1*weak)/ DG X7 GRIPMASTER Roo Grips

Mizuno T11 50, 56,60/Recoil 125 Prototype
Mizuno T5 50,56,60/ Black Chrome S400
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34" Custom Shop Blue Paint and Jackpot Johnny Cover
All riding on a blue Clicgear 3.5+

(Game Golf threads have been merged)

It's unclear in the announcement if people who own the current system are going to have to pay the $99 fee just to upgrade to the new stats if they dont want the new hardware?

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

Cally Rogue ST Max 3w - Ventus Blue 6s

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

[quote name='jimwgt26' timestamp='1445641778' post='12498890']
I contacted Gamegolf today about the new Live system. They said they're going to email existing customers in a few days with details.

I would bet you have to upgrade to the new platform to get the expanded stats.
[/quote]

I hope not, they would certainly p..s me off considerably. I don't need live stats as that makes the system non-compliant and I play most of my rounds in competitions. Although I always bitched against having to upload the rounds from my laptop, it is not worth an upgrade of £99.

I don't see why the Strokes Gained stats can't be offered for the 'classic' GG. I think alienating the community behind GG by forcing an upgrade for the stats would be suicide for them - the trust in the company would be gone as if they can do it once, they might do it again and who would buy knowing they might get screwed in a years time again.

On their website (https://www.gamegolf.com/home/en-us?v=c34c2a6) they quote the 9th of November as the launch day. So the upgrade deadline of the 11th of November that was quoted on the other article doesn't sound right. Giving two days notice is a bit short.

I just saw 'Completed' next to the Strokes gained feature request on on http://myexperience.gamegolf.com/forums/236342-feature-requests/suggestions/6577319-strokes-gained-stats

Quote: "Jacob (Admin, GAME GOLF) responded · October 23, 2015
Thank you for the great feedback, the Strokes Gained feature will be released by the end of 2015."

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1445851957' post='12507050']
[/quote]

I hope not, they would certainly p..s me off considerably. I don't need live stats as that makes the system non-compliant and I play most of my rounds in competitions. Although I always bitched against having to upload the rounds from my laptop, it is not worth an upgrade of £99.

I don't see why the Strokes Gained stats can't be offered for the 'classic' GG. I think alienating the community behind GG by forcing an upgrade for the stats would be suicide for them - the trust in the company would be gone as if they can do it once, they might do it again and who would buy knowing they might get screwed in a years time again.
[/quote]

I agree. I don't play competitive rounds but have no desire to interact with (or even view) the data on course, and if I can't get the advanced metrics without an upgrade I'll be upset. I based my purchase on the notion of web-based updates and hardware that doesn't seem to require any improvements to capture the necessary data. I recommend this device constantly, but I couldn't continue to do that--and certainly wouldn't spend any more of my own money on a company that did business that way.

Really anxious to see how they handle this...

[quote name='TimAZ' timestamp='1445907834' post='12510808']
[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1445851957' post='12507050']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree. I don't play competitive rounds but have no desire to interact with (or even view) the data on course, and if I can't get the advanced metrics without an upgrade I'll be upset. I based my purchase on the notion of web-based updates and hardware that doesn't seem to require any improvements to capture the necessary data. I recommend this device constantly, but I couldn't continue to do that--and certainly wouldn't spend any more of my own money on a company that did business that way.

Really anxious to see how they handle this...
[/quote]

To be 100% sure I think we will need to wait for the email. But I just noticed under there is a new link under the support center that includes questions about the new Live functionality

https://gamegolf.desk.com/?b_id=10625

In there it clearly states

"

[b] Will CLASSIC owners get access to Strokes Gained features?[/b]

[color=#000000]Yes - all updates on the GAME GOLF software platform will be available to all existing GAME GOLF users. CLASSIC and LIVE users will have access to the same features 'after rounds are uploaded'. CLASSIC users will not be able to see their stats, challenges, match scores, etc live as they play rounds of golf (which are some of the items only LIVE users will have access to)."[/color]

[color=#000000]Looks like most people are going to be very happy with this answer.[/color]