WRX Iowa...

 Warrick ·  
WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
Joined:  in MidWest WRX Chapter #1
Any other Iowa guys out there?



You guys have any interest in doing a WRX outing this spring/summer somewhere local.



I thought I would see if there is any interest, let me know.
Posted:
GBB 9* Ventus Black 
F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
SL Black Rossie Flow
TM TP5X
«13456715
15

Comments

  • Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members  1122WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #2
    Quad Cities here. I may have some interest in that. Spring seems so close, yet so far away!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #3
    definitely far away today...



    Let's keep it bumped on occassion, see what kind of interest there is.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Members  790WRX Points: 41Handicap: 1.6Posts: 790 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #4
    Pretty short drive to the QC for me, would be awesome to get together for a round and a few drinks when the weather heats up a bit. Keep me posted!
    Posted:
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited Feb 23, 2015 #5
    May have to find an in between like maybe IAC?



    I was just looking real quick. Anyone know anything about Pleasant Valley or Brown Deer? I see Sean McCarty is the pro there, can't be a dump.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Members  790WRX Points: 41Handicap: 1.6Posts: 790 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #6
    I stay at the colonies for a weekend every year and that course is pretty tough and has some really nice looking holes. If you haven't played it check it out, it would be a decent place to meet up or we could go all out and play the harvester, but it runs around $150 I think.
    Posted:
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #7
    Yeah, Amana can be rough if you are not hitting it straight off the tee. I have yet to get up to Harvester.



    Hopefully we can find a solid location that is somewhat central for all of us.



    This **** snow...
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • whysguywhysguy mngolferguy Members  267WRX Points: 79Posts: 267 Greens
    Joined:  #8
    Up here in Minnesnowta. I often head down to Ames and around every spring as you open a few weeks ahead of us (and I cant wait any longer).

    If you've not played Harvester, do so. Its a very ,very nice track. Might be my favorite in this group.

    I also like T.C. of Iowa, Coldwater, Bos Laden, (but havent played since 2006), can leave Honey Creek and Briggs Woods behind.

    I did go over and play Amana Colonies. Had one of the best breakfast's ever. Did not play the course well and would like to give it another go sometime. They had a lot of washed out areas and not in great condition at that time.

    Anyone been down to Riverside?

    About 4-5 years ago, drove down and found more snow than we had so kept driving until I found green grass. Yeah, that was Kansas City.

    Played a round at Tiffany Greens and turned around and drove back home.
    Posted:
  • Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members  1122WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #9
    Warrick wrote:


    May have to find an in between like maybe IAC?



    I was just looking real quick. Anyone know anything about Pleasant Valley or Brown Deer? I see Sean McCarty is the pro there, can't be a dump.




    I have yet to play Pleasant Valley, but Brown Deer is a fun course. I have played there a handful of times. The front 9 is relatively newer and more wide open while the back 9 is more "woodsy". Plus the clubhouse is GREAT and the food is solid. Even more of a positive of that course is it is just a short drive over the interstate to a place called "30 Hop". If you are a beer guy you cannot beat their selection.
    Posted:
  • Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members  1122WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #10
    whysguy wrote:


    Up here in Minnesnowta. I often head down to Ames and around every spring as you open a few weeks ahead of us (and I cant wait any longer).

    If you've not played Harvester, do so. Its a very ,very nice track. Might be my favorite in this group.

    I also like T.C. of Iowa, Coldwater, Bos Laden, (but havent played since 2006), can leave Honey Creek and Briggs Woods behind.

    I did go over and play Amana Colonies. Had one of the best breakfast's ever. Did not play the course well and would like to give it another go sometime. They had a lot of washed out areas and not in great condition at that time.

    Anyone been down to Riverside?

    About 4-5 years ago, drove down and found more snow than we had so kept driving until I found green grass. Yeah, that was Kansas City.

    Played a round at Tiffany Greens and turned around and drove back home.




    I have played Blue Top at Riverside. It is definitely one of the better courses in Iowa.
    Posted:
  • whysguywhysguy mngolferguy Members  267WRX Points: 79Posts: 267 Greens
    Joined:  #11
    so maybe a trip down to include Amana Colonies and then down to Blue Top.? Then Harvester on way back home.

    Just a touch more driving than I care for, but Ive done it before.

    I also found round trip to Orlando for under $200 and want to play Streamsong.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #12
    Any of you guys play Otter Creek in Ankeny? They re-did it a few years back, pretty solid course, and my bro runs the pro shop.



    http://www.ottercreekankeny.com/
    whysguy wrote:


    Up here in Minnesnowta. I often head down to Ames and around every spring as you open a few weeks ahead of us (and I cant wait any longer).

    If you've not played Harvester, do so. Its a very ,very nice track. Might be my favorite in this group.

    I also like T.C. of Iowa, Coldwater, Bos Laden, (but havent played since 2006), can leave Honey Creek and Briggs Woods behind.

    I did go over and play Amana Colonies. Had one of the best breakfast's ever. Did not play the course well and would like to give it another go sometime. They had a lot of washed out areas and not in great condition at that time.

    Anyone been down to Riverside?

    About 4-5 years ago, drove down and found more snow than we had so kept driving until I found green grass. Yeah, that was Kansas City.

    Played a round at Tiffany Greens and turned around and drove back home.




    Bos Landen has gone to sh!t, only live about 15 miles away. TCI is a challenging course for sure. Amana is cut through the woods, nightmare from the blacks unless you got game (not for me) from those tees.



    Me and my brother used to play a 2 man in Lewiston,MN every year, won that bad boy a few times.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Tee2Green85Tee2Green85 Members  790WRX Points: 41Handicap: 1.6Posts: 790 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #13
    Riverside is a nice track and accommodates all levels of golfers for sure. I might also recommend Spirit hollow in Burlington too, but might be to far of a drive for most of you. Excellent course all around and has a few nice places to eat close by.
    Posted:
    TM M1 460 9.5* Matrix BT 6M3 X
    TM M1 15* Aldila Rogue Black X
    Cobra King Pro MB 2-Pw C-taper 130 X
    Callaway MD3 52* S Grind
    Callaway MD3 58* S Grind
    Odyssey MXM Versa #1
  • tatertottatertot Members  4609WRX Points: 921Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14
    I'm from the Des Moines area - I would certainly vote for Amana. They typically run a play all day rate early the season, and we usually get in 54 holes a day.



    Harvester is fantastic - but the price is stiff.



    Otter Creek is fun ... unless it's windy. And then not so much.



    Ames has Coldwater, which is kind of a fun links style course.



    The Legacy is just south of Des Moines, and they keep it in fantastic shape.



    Of course, it would be nice to get a member at Wakonda or Des Moines Golf to get us on, too ...
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #15
    tatertot wrote:


    I'm from the Des Moines area - I would certainly vote for Amana. They typically run a play all day rate early the season, and we usually get in 54 holes a day.



    Harvester is fantastic - but the price is stiff.



    Otter Creek is fun ... unless it's windy. And then not so much.



    Ames has Coldwater, which is kind of a fun links style course.



    The Legacy is just south of Des Moines, and they keep it in fantastic shape.



    Of course, it would be nice to get a member at Wakonda or Des Moines Golf to get us on, too ...




    I have never played Coldwater



    Legacy is solid



    Yes, Otter is rough in the wind, but a solid course. I could probably get us discounted there.



    Have you seen the private course across from Otter owned by Dennis Albaugh (Talons)? I do not even think he allows memberships. You have to know someone to play. I went to school with his nephew and may be able to get on. My brother has played it.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • tatertottatertot Members  4609WRX Points: 921Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16
    Warrick wrote:

    tatertot wrote:


    I'm from the Des Moines area - I would certainly vote for Amana. They typically run a play all day rate early the season, and we usually get in 54 holes a day.



    Harvester is fantastic - but the price is stiff.



    Otter Creek is fun ... unless it's windy. And then not so much.



    Ames has Coldwater, which is kind of a fun links style course.



    The Legacy is just south of Des Moines, and they keep it in fantastic shape.



    Of course, it would be nice to get a member at Wakonda or Des Moines Golf to get us on, too ...




    I have never played Coldwater



    Legacy is solid



    Yes, Otter is rough in the wind, but a solid course. I could probably get us discounted there.



    Have you seen the private course across from Otter owned by Dennis Albaugh (Talons)? I do not even think he allows memberships. You have to know someone to play. I went to school with his nephew and may be able to get on. My brother has played it.




    Playing Coldwater is strange. It's odd playing a course in Iowa and never having a tree come into play.



    I've got a buddy who has been invited twice to Albaugh's course ... and something came up both times and Dennis had to cancel.



    I really like Otter. The layout is nice, they keep it in great shape, and it's got maybe the best public practice facility in the area.



    There's always TCI, but I am not a big fan of the layout.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #17
    tatertot wrote:

    Warrick wrote:

    tatertot wrote:


    I'm from the Des Moines area - I would certainly vote for Amana. They typically run a play all day rate early the season, and we usually get in 54 holes a day.



    Harvester is fantastic - but the price is stiff.



    Otter Creek is fun ... unless it's windy. And then not so much.



    Ames has Coldwater, which is kind of a fun links style course.



    The Legacy is just south of Des Moines, and they keep it in fantastic shape.



    Of course, it would be nice to get a member at Wakonda or Des Moines Golf to get us on, too ...




    I have never played Coldwater



    Legacy is solid



    Yes, Otter is rough in the wind, but a solid course. I could probably get us discounted there.



    Have you seen the private course across from Otter owned by Dennis Albaugh (Talons)? I do not even think he allows memberships. You have to know someone to play. I went to school with his nephew and may be able to get on. My brother has played it.




    Playing Coldwater is strange. It's odd playing a course in Iowa and never having a tree come into play.



    I've got a buddy who has been invited twice to Albaugh's course ... and something came up both times and Dennis had to cancel.



    I really like Otter. The layout is nice, they keep it in great shape, and it's got maybe the best public practice facility in the area.



    There's always TCI, but I am not a big fan of the layout.




    My brother runs the Pro Shop at Otter, can almost certainly get discounted, he comps me at least half the time.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Altiman94Altiman94 Members  1013WRX Points: 46Handicap: 2.0Posts: 1,013 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 6, 2015 #18
    I am in the IAC area. Would be in for anything within reasonable driving distance. I call Brown Deer home, but play all the local courses including Amana.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #19
    What will be open mid week to play?



    I am hoping to get Thursday off and get out.



    Any other Iowa guys planning on playing this week/
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • tatertottatertot Members  4609WRX Points: 921Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 9, 2015 #20
    Blank is opening Wednesday, possibly Tuesday. I'm guessing the other Des Monies Munis are on the same schedule.



    I have 3:30 tee times Tuesday thru Friday.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #21
    I was sceduled to be upgrading my app at work most all week, but did a ton of prep work over the weekend, we just blasted it out in 6 hours this morning. I should be free as of Wednesday afternoon.



    I think we will be hitting Terrace Hills later this week.



    Enjoy, hit em straight.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #22
    Yeah baby, noon tee times tomorrow and Thursday, then jusrt before noon on Saturday and Sunday.



    Oh yeah, 72 holes in the next 5 days.



    You can't knock the grin off my face.
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tatertottatertot Members  4609WRX Points: 921Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #23
    Played Toad today ... Tee boxes were closed and greens were swamps, but it was golf.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • Indy GolferIndy Golfer Members  275WRX Points: 81Posts: 275 Greens
    Joined:  #24
    I live in Indy, but visit my family in the QC a few times a year. Depending on when you have your outing, I may try to make it.



    I'll keep an eye on the thread for any updates.
    Posted:
    TM M2 8.5* Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6X+
    TM TP UDi #1 w/ Diamana
    TM TP UDi #3, MC 4-7, MB 8-P w/ Tour V S+
    TM TP EF Tour Issue 50* & 56*, 62*
    TM Spider Mallet w/ Carbon insert
    TM TPx
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #25
    Anyone playing today?



    We are off at noon again today at Terrace. I think they were going to mow the greens today (woo-hoo).
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • tatertottatertot Members  4609WRX Points: 921Posts: 4,609 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #26
    Blank today at 3:30.
    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • CrpcaverCrpcaver Members  422WRX Points: 36Posts: 422 Greens
    Joined:  #27
    I'm from central Illinois and would like to join in if playing in the QC area. Play Deere Run a couple times. Will be playing there on April 12th. With enough notice can play during the week. QC is only about 90 minutes from home and we are up there every 4 or 5 weeks. Momma likes the casinos.
    Posted:
    Titleist 917D2 9.5 Fujikura Tour Spec Atmos, US Open edition (14 of 117)
    Titleist 917F2 15 lueboard
    Titleist 816 H2 21 Adilla NV 75
    Titleist 816 H1 25 Blueboard Kai'il 75
    Titleist 716 AP2 irons Aerotech Steelfiber 110 shafts
    Club Nut Vanilla wedges 50/5, 54/8 & 58/12 , Steelfiber 125
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5R w/ Welded flow neck
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • kyle3802kyle3802 Members  22WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13Posts: 22
    Joined:  #28
    Currently living in the QC, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread if something is setup.
    Posted:
  • Dat_DudeDat_Dude Members  1122WRX Points: 109Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #29
    kyle3802 wrote:


    Currently living in the QC, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread if something is setup.




    QC represent! I am getting out to play for the first time this season today at Palmer Hills.
    Posted:
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX  11291WRX Points: 1,172Handicap: 7Posts: 11,291 ClubWRX
    Joined:  edited May 17, 2015 #30
    Ok, let's give this a shot, see if we can get something together.



    My first thought is "The Preserve" down a Rathbun, mid June time frame...





    Please chime in with your thoughts on this, open to other course suggestions.





    http://honeycreekresort.com/golf/
    Posted:
    GBB 9* Ventus Black 
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Mavrik 7w - smoke 80
    Mizuno 919/T7 combo 5-P LZ Blackout
    MD5 48-53-58 TI S200
    SL Black Rossie Flow
    TM TP5X
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • dhartmann34dhartmann34 Members  718WRX Points: 153Handicap: 3Posts: 718 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #31
    We've got a group of guys from another place I frequent that do an Iowa weekend each year...between August and October. Usually 16-20 of us. This year in August we're playing 36 at TCI on Saturday and then 18 at HoneyCreek on Sunday. Should be a good time.
    Posted:
15

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.