Dizz aka J.W. WITB for 2018 (Added new WITB pics on 6/16/2018!!)

1234568»

Comments

• scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    FAbb wrote:

What sad news. We're basically the same exact age, and I can remember interacting with him as far back as our teens on BSG.

Crazy how one interest can connect people that never even meet each other. What was his name on there?
  • FAbbFAbb Members Posts: 15,818 ✭✭
    There's a chance he was Dizz on there, but I can't remember anymore. I remember reconnecting on here years later, and he could tell just from my posting who I was, even though I had a different screen name on here than I did back in the BSG days. He was always happy to talk shop, and genuinely interested in helping. Just a good dude.
  • HsteadHstead Members Posts: 6,326 ✭✭
    Terrible news. What happened. JW and I exchanged many PMs and a few phone calls. Great dude. RIP brother.
    TaylorMade M3 9.5 Graphite Design BB 70X
    Callaway Epic Subzero 15* Diamana D+
    Titleist 818 H1
    Mizuno 919 Tour 6-P, 5 Forged, 4 Hot Metal KBS Tour X
    Titleist TVD 56* and 60* V Grind S400
    Directed Force
    Snell
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    I’m so sorry to hear that JW has passed. I came here expecting a fun golf update. My condolences and prayers to his family.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • ArafelArafel Members Posts: 4,268 ✭✭
    mackepa wrote:

I’m so sorry to hear that JW has passed. I came here expecting a fun golf update. My condolences and prayers to his family.

This is my sentiments exactly.

Did this have anything to do with all of the surgeries he had been through?
  • kgeorge78kgeorge78 Members Posts: 7,749 ✭✭
    holy sad

I was friends with JW for years. We spoke and texted daily for the past few years up until last year.

He was going through some issues. Wow this is crazy. RIP DIZZ.....

Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5
    Epic Flash 15
    I210 3-PW S300
    Vokey SM2 52 56 60
    Newport

• scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    The one thing that always stood out to me about Joe was how passionate he was about complete strangers having the best equipment for their game and the efforts he would go through for anyone. I remember he had a tour issue 70TX Diamana White shaft that I was interested in but was concerned with the shaft flex. I was a complete stranger at the time and he sent endless messages asking questions about my game, swing, etc...And anyone that interacted with Joe knows these are not one line messages, I mean paragraphs talking about grip weight, tipping, he was very detailed and meticulous when it game to equipment. I ended up not buying the shaft and he really didn’t care, he was just willing to help.

Another thing that stuck out was his obsession with finding the right gap wedge and finding the correct gapping at the top of his bag. How many posts did he have about playing only 12 clubs?

Joe was also a really good liar, I would send him videos of my swing and he would always tell me how good it was. Lol
  • sbjinxsbjinx Members Posts: 2,404 ✭✭

The one thing that always stood out to me about Joe was how passionate he was about complete strangers having the best equipment for their game and the efforts he would go through for anyone. I remember he had a tour issue 70TX Diamana White shaft that I was interested in but was concerned with the shaft flex. I was a complete stranger at the time and he sent endless messages asking questions about my game, swing, etc...And anyone that interacted with Joe knows these are not one line messages, I mean paragraphs talking about grip weight, tipping, he was very detailed and meticulous when it game to equipment. I ended up not buying the shaft and he really didn’t care, he was just willing to help.

Another thing that stuck out was his obsession with finding the right gap wedge and finding the correct gapping at the top of his bag. How many posts did he have about playing only 12 clubs?

Joe was also a really good liar, I would send him videos of my swing and he would always tell me how good it was. Lol

Seems like a really good guy and sad that he’s no longer here. RIP
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Taylormade M-5 - Kuro Kage DC[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade [/background]M-2 - 15* Diamana Ltd[/font]

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway BB Alpha - 20*
    Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
    Vokey SM7 - 52*F / 58*D
    [/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][background=transparent]Taylormade [/background]Spider X [/font]
  • ram01002ram01002 Members Posts: 1,891 ✭✭
    Anyone have an obituary/gofundme link? RIP to one of the OGs
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members Posts: 3,586 ✭✭
    http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201903050027

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this or not but here is the obituary.
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex 20* AD IZ 85
    Apex Pro 19 4-PW KBS Proto
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Toulon Austin Longneck Garage
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X
  • vix02vix02 Members Posts: 2,299 ClubWRX
    mackepa wrote:
    http://www.sanduskyregister.com/story/201903050027

I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post this or not but here is the obituary.

Thanks for sharing
    Bag:

Taylormade SLDR 9.5* Rogue Black 110 RIP\IO 70TX
    Titleist 917 F2 16.5* Speeder 7.2 X
    Titleist 816 H2 21* Tour Green 85TX
    Titleist 716 TMB 4-W DG TI X100
    Vokey TVD K 54*, 60* DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M 35''
  • phi482phi482 Members Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    This is just awful. I bought several items from him and never negotiated with him at all over price. I paid what he was asking because it was fair and I felt like it was my way of saying thanks for all the time and information he shared with us.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 - Ventus 6x Tester
    Titleist TS3 3 wood - PX Smoke 6.5
    Titleist 718 AP3 3-iron - PX6.5 LZ
    Titleist 712 AP2 4-P - x100
    Vokey SM6 - 50.12, 54.14, 60.10 - s400
    Bettinardi SS3
  • minteqminteq Members Posts: 2,856 ✭✭
    Man, this sucks! So sorry to hear about Joe, I went to him years ago, first time fit for a driver, 910 I believe. We stayed in touch a little bit over the years, really good guy. I am just numb from finding out, what a horrible loss.
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ Hzrdus T800
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Hzrdus Smoke 70s
    Nike VPC 4-Aw
    Callaway PM 56/60
    Nike 006 Proto
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Don MiguelDon Miguel Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    Wow. I'm numb reading this. I'm not sure I can say anything that hasn't already been said. Joe was one of a kind. He didn't know me from Adam when I first approached him and he went so far above and beyond for me. Of course, that led to a bond and a friendship. ****. I think Scratchswinger summed it up well, he was almost obsessive about finding me the right fit for whatever it was I was looking for. And after we got to know one another? Forget it. He would just send me stuff to try! He was a great person who happened to love golf and we all benefited from knowing him.

RIP Joe
    Cobra F9 9*
    ST190TS *15
    TM P750 4-pw or MP-14
    TM TP ATV 56* & 60*
    Kronos Kampe
    TP5X
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members Posts: 5,597 ✭✭
    Terrible news
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
1234568»