2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NS Pro 1150 GH, anyone still using these?

hardcaliber

These shafts worked pretty well for me back in the day. I'm thinking about building another set with them.

Has anyone been fit into these recently? Are any of you fitters out there still recommending these? Or has something else in the Nippon line made them obsolete? It seems all you hear about now are the Modus variants.

I remember back when I first tried them out it seemed rather difficult to find info on them. I think I remember reading that they are somewhat unique in bend profile and not a lot of shafts are very similar.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These shafts worked pretty well for me back in the day. I'm thinking about building another set with them.

Has anyone been fit into these recently? Are any of you fitters out there still recommending these? Or has something else in the Nippon line made them obsolete? It seems all you hear about now are the Modus variants.

I remember back when I first tried them out it seemed rather difficult to find info on them. I think I remember reading that they are somewhat unique in bend profile and not a lot of shafts are very similar.

I was fit into these two years ago by Club Champion in Philly. Never upgraded due to cost (and I hit the stock x100's in my Apex/ApexPro combo set well enough). Picked up a cheaper set on eBay recently and am going to have them installed soon. I'll let you know how I think they compare. From my fitting data, the launch, distance, spin was same as x100, but dispersion with 1150 was drastically better. Hopefully the on course result matches!

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

I would bet that the Modus 120 would be the closest match.

Stiff Specs:

1150GH = 116g, 53.1% balance point average, 1.6* average torque, mid kick (mid ball flight)

Modus 120 = 114g, 50.1% balance point average, 1.7* average torque, mid/high kick

I am not sure exactly what parameter the balance point average would play in regards to hitting the ball and feel throughout your swing. However, I'd wager that 2% is pretty much nothing and would be almost indiscernible for most, if not all, players below the most finnicky of people.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

Stiff Specs:

1150GH = 116g, 53.1% balance point average, 1.6* average torque, mid kick (mid ball flight)

Modus 120 = 114g, 50.1% balance point average, 1.7* average torque, mid/high kick

I am not sure exactly what parameter the balance point average would play in regards to hitting the ball and feel throughout your swing. However, I'd wager that 2% is pretty much nothing and would be almost indiscernible for most, if not all, players below the most finnicky of people.

This is basically my primary dilemma. Modus 120 is on my short list of shafts to try out. An updated/upgraded version of the 1150 would be pretty cool. In reading through some of the other massive Modus threads, this comparison hasn't really come up very much though.

Anyway, I know that the 1150 works reasonable well for me based on past experience, even if it isn't as relevant in the marketplace currently. You guys are on this forum are so knowledgable that it is always nice to get a few extra opinions.

Stiff Specs:

This is basically my primary dilemma. Modus 120 is on my short list of shafts to try out. An updated/upgraded version of the 1150 would be pretty cool. In reading through some of the other massive Modus threads, this comparison hasn't really come up very much though.

Anyway, I know that the 1150 works reasonable well for me based on past experience, even if it isn't as relevant in the marketplace currently. You guys are on this forum are so knowledgable that it is always nice to get a few extra opinions.

Then why not try and find a set? I know Srixon does pretty much every shaft on the planet for free, so why not see if they have any of these kicking around? I can't remember off the top of my head if they offer them or not. If they don't, it would make sense to order the Modus 120 and give them a fair shake and see what happens. If you don't like them, I'd be very surprised if you couldn't sell the Modus pulls to cover the cost of a set of the 1150 pulls.

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757 Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85 Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold Scotty Cameron Teryllium

I'm curious about the 1150's as well. Currently playing px flighted 6.0 but feel they are a bit too much for my swing. Played 2 rounds yesterday and struggled on the second round with making consistent swings with em. Felt like I really needed to go after it, never felt like that with any thing else.

I'm thinking the 1150 x soft stepped to try and keep the spin down. Anyone coming from the px?

I'm curious about the 1150's as well. Currently playing px flighted 6.0 but feel they are a bit too much for my swing. Played 2 rounds yesterday and struggled on the second round with making consistent swings with em. Felt like I really needed to go after it, never felt like that with any thing else.

I'm thinking the 1150 x soft stepped to try and keep the spin down. Anyone coming from the px?

It's funny, back when I was using the 1150 i also switched from px flighted. I loved the consistent/stable feel of the px, but I was looking for something a little easier to swing and got fitted into the 1150. I think they are definitely really nice shafts. They fit well into the sweet spot of being a little easier to swing but still being somewhat stable. Spin was definitely higher that px flighted, but that made it easier to work the ball for me. I'm currently playing around with a set of project x lz, which im hoping will have the same stability of the project x flighted but give me a bit more spin and launch. Early returns are pretty good.

^cool thanks for the reply. What px flex did you go from to what in the 1150?

I hit some of the px lz 5.5 at the local GG, felt nice maybe a little loose but turning the ball a bit more than I would like.

It's almost impossible to find the 1150's to try out so probably have to just buy em and test. I know the x flex is about 116g so that's why I'd want to try them soft stepped.

Any other feed back would be appreciated!

^cool thanks for the reply. What px flex did you go from to what in the 1150?

I hit some of the px lz 5.5 at the local GG, felt nice maybe a little loose but turning the ball a bit more than I would like.

It's almost impossible to find the 1150's to try out so probably have to just buy em and test. I know the x flex is about 116g so that's why I'd want to try them soft stepped.

Any other feed back would be appreciated!

I went from 5.0 in px flighted to R hard stepped in the 1150.

I would think with your swing speed that you would probably be in a S hard stepped at least if you went to 1150.

Maybe this would be a cheap way to test it out?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIZUNO-MP-54-Single-FITTING-Iron-6-Iron-NIPPON-NS-PRO-1150GH-TOUR-STIFF-/222354441469?hash=item33c55b84fd:g:fxUAAOSw-0xYXFBW

I think I'm gonna try these out, just don't know if I should go stiff straight in or hard step. The stiffs are 116g and x are 121g. I don't swing real fast, mid 80's with 6 iron, 100-105 driver but have a more aggressive tempo and transition. Usually hit the ball high with some spin, due to a tendency to get a little flippy(working on that). I'm leaning towards stiff hard stepped once just to drop some spin a little. Anyone else have experience with these shafts?

I play 1150x soft stepped once in s55's .. awesome. Mine have the Ping dampener as well (Cushin)

I may try 1050x in a set eventually

Aren't the 120 or 130 modus a really strange profile? I can't recall which one

Ping G430 10k Blueboard 53x

Cally AI Smoke 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo