Edel Single Length Irons

sfiggins

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently had 3 Edel wedges built to my specs. The quality, feel and performance thus far are over the top outstanding. So much so that I am seriously considering their SL irons. Spoke to them,yesterday and they are waiting on heads so they can ship their fitting carts. Told first orders would ship towards mid to late April. Definitely want to demo. Of all the single length available today they seem to really have covered all the bases from a tech standpoint.

I am not a fan of their putters, but Edel definitely nailed it with the look on these irons. Great single-length option, but yeah -- at $2,000 -- I won't be partaking.

Not quite PXG pricing but getting close. Do think you can get 4-PW for around $1,700.00 which is still hefty. But how many on this site have experimented with multiple iron sets and already spent more than that and still are not satisfied? If I demo and truly find them to be superior to what I am gaming now I will sell my current stuff and start rummaging through my neighbors recycling bins to scrape together the cash.

I was able to hit them at their factory while getting fitted for a putter. Interesting concept, but not for me.

[size=3]PING G400 Max 9° Aldila X-Torsion Copper 60S
Callaway GBB Epic 3 UST Mamiya Recoil 450 ES F4
Callaway GBB Epic 3, 4 UST Mamiya Recoil 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue 5-AW True Temper XP 95 ST15 S300
PING Glide 2.0 54° SS, 58° ES AWT 2.0
Toulon Garage Columbus
TaylorMade 2017 TP5[/size]

Found an expert club maker to build me a set of Sterlings.... 6-GW with Wishon S2S white graphite shafts. Cost = $540 delivered. There is no way these Edels are that much better, but I'm interested to see if I'm wrong! Hope Crossfied, Shiels, etc. review them soon!

The problem with Sterlings is they do not go down to a 4 iron or less. One of the real advantages of single length is throwing darts with long irons.

I talked to one of their reps today and he invited me out to the HQ to get fit at the Edel facility and take a tour of the place (I'll take pics).

The issue with single length is that you HAVE TO GET FIT. If you do not get fit it will be miserable for you and you will hate them. If you do get fit you might never want to play normal irons again which is where I'm at. I want higher launch and go all the way down to a 3 iron which means I have to get fit and I might fit into a lighter shaft, maybe a more whippy shaft, which means probably lighter heads.

Who knows.

I will be buying a set at some point very soon because I have a huge gap from my 4 wood to my 3 hybrid driving iron to my 5 iron.

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

Cobra Tec 17, 21, 24 hybrids

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60

Actually Sterlings are offering a 4 iron now.

And it's hard as hell to elevate even with a moderately fast swing speed.

This is why I'm interested in the Edel set up with multiple kickpoint shafts designed specifically for single length irons.

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60

Actually Sterlings are offering a 4 iron now.

And it's hard as hell to elevate even with a moderately fast swing speed.

This is why I'm interested in the Edel set up with multiple kickpoint shafts designed specifically for single length irons.

Me too. Wishon's are great clubs for sure but the Edel's may be a refinement worth considering

I posted this in the other thread but figured I'd drop it in this one also:

I am very interested in these Edels but no fitters close by...anyone with any knowledge please chime in. I'm trying to figure out what shaft I may fit into. Every time I've been fit it's always project x 6.0. Thoughts?

Btw where is Edel HQ??

I posted this in the other thread but figured I'd drop it in this one also:

I am very interested in these Edels but no fitters close by...anyone with any knowledge please chime in. I'm trying to figure out what shaft I may fit into. Every time I've been fit it's always project x 6.0. Thoughts?

Btw where is Edel HQ??

Liberty hill, Texas

Found an expert club maker to build me a set of Sterlings.... 6-GW with Wishon S2S white graphite shafts. Cost = $540 delivered. There is no way these Edels are that much better, but I'm interested to see if I'm wrong! Hope Crossfied, Shiels, etc. review them soon!

The problem with Sterlings is they do not go down to a 4 iron or less. One of the real advantages of single length is throwing darts with long irons.

I talked to one of their reps today and he invited me out to the HQ to get fit at the Edel facility and take a tour of the place (I'll take pics).

The issue with single length is that you HAVE TO GET FIT. If you do not get fit it will be miserable for you and you will hate them. If you do get fit you might never want to play normal irons again which is where I'm at. I want higher launch and go all the way down to a 3 iron which means I have to get fit and I might fit into a lighter shaft, maybe a more whippy shaft, which means probably lighter heads.

Who knows.

I will be buying a set at some point very soon because I have a huge gap from my 4 wood to my 3 hybrid driving iron to my 5 iron.

FYI, Sterling is set to release a 4 iron later this year. Have you hit them? I had trouble elevating the 5 iron so don't think a 4 would work for me.

Also, I wrote about this earlier, but have a clubfitter who knows my swing and has lots of different demo clubs he lets me try. Have one club I bought so far that is fantastic, and will be trying out several others soon. He lets me try them out on the course for a week, and the prices are reasonable. Edel charges you for a "fitting" off a mat into a simulator and then wants $2000 for the set - maybe more. Turf interaction is huge for me, and you can't get that off a mat! It's a shame, because I live close to Edel HQ, but that model doesn't work for me.

Who knows.

FYI, Sterling is set to release a 4 iron later this year. Have you hit them? I had trouble elevating the 5 iron so don't think a 4 would work for me.

4 iron has been available for sometime now. I did hit it and found it to launch much lower than typical 4 iron. Owned the Sterlings but sold them

Who knows.

4 iron has been available for sometime now. I did hit it and found it to launch much lower than typical 4 iron. Owned the Sterlings but sold them

My bad. I meant 4 hybrid will be available later this year.

My bad. I meant 4 hybrid will be available later this year.

I don't think that is correct. I believe Tom has said they will not do a 4 hybrid.

Then maybe the Wishon fitter I know was incorrect. Guess we'll have to wait and see this fall. I would never get the 4 iron because I can't elevate it, but would be excited about a 4 hybrid.

I may be the only one to think so, but these are sh*t ugly. The screw in the back looks cheap, the head is not that pretty either, and technology-wise it's not really a jump ahead. Wishon makes the long irons easier to hit with COR, Cobra with the weighting and the design of the heads (at least in the F7) and Edel wants to cut the mustard with shafts, as far as I understand. Since I don't like shafts feeling different through my iron set I guess these are not for me. Looking at the price tag, I am absolutely sure I'll never even look at these.

I may be the only one to think so, but these are sh*t ugly. The screw in the back looks cheap, the head is not that pretty either, and technology-wise it's not really a jump ahead. Wishon makes the long irons easier to hit with COR, Cobra with the weighting and the design of the heads (at least in the F7) and Edel wants to cut the mustard with shafts, as far as I understand. Since I don't like shafts feeling different through my iron set I guess these are not for me. Looking at the price tag, I am absolutely sure I'll never even look at these.

Actually they all dealt with them from a stand point of higher COR on long irons.

They also all did it with the design of the heads with all the companies using thinner faces on the lower lofted irons.

The thing is only Edel is offering a shaft solution to solve the problem which is low loft going way too low and high loft going way too high.

Are they expensive as s***? Sure.

Do you actually get fit for them and have on paper the best solution for the problem? Yes.

Cobra and Wishon you can't even get fit for them and with a situation like this YOU MUST GET FIT so if paying retail to buy a set and then paying labor, shafts, etc while you tinker with the set to get it to actually work is your cup of tea then by all means put a mortgage on the irons because you will be paying for them monthly until you get them right by trial and error.

If I pay 2300 for a set and love them and keep them and you spend 2300 over time and trial and error or spend 700 and then sell them because they aren't fit for you who made the better investment?

WITB: 

Aerojet 10.5 Ventus 7S

New Level 623 CB 5-PW

Mizuno S23 52, 56, 60