Flightscope MEVO users

How do you practice with it? Do you just pound balls and collect data or do you try and use it for more practical practice like pitching and hitting specific distances?

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it for a little bit of everything. If I’m on the range, I likely have the Mevo setup. What I really like about it is knowing my carry distance with various clubs when hitting a number of shots. I like to work the ball a little and knowing the exact yardage for a draw vs a fade is great information to have. I keep track of this so that I can refer back to it later. It’s also very helpful for club gapping. You realize really quickly if you have a club going out of spec for some reason or another. Although I’d prefer a much more sophisticated LM, the Mevo does help improve the productivity of any practice.

Stealth2+ 9 Atmos RWB 6x / MyStealth+ 9 Atmos Blue 6x | Stealth2+ 15, Ventus Red 8x
TI P770 2 | P770 3, P7MC 4-5, P7MB 6-9 / Miura 1957 4-9, $-Taper 125
TI MG3 46, 50, 54, $-Taper 125 | TI MG3 58 / HT 58, KBS Tour 120 SS
Mann Mini / Cameron CT, MC Smooth | TP5x | My WITB Thread

I have it out regardless what I am doing on the range. Especially like it when its windy out when I working on my swing so I can know my ballspeeds. and can discard what the wind is doing to the ball.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

I've only had mine for a couple of months. I've used it mostly for yardage gapping so far. But that's also because I have just switched to new irons.

As far as the swing goes, a lot of the time I will just experiment and see what changes I make in my mechanics and how they will impact things like club speed and launch. For instance, there is a certain mechanical aspect that I am working on and when I do it correctly, my club speed and ball speed increase and my launch angle lowers a couple of degrees. So I will use the Mevo to keep that in check.

I plan on using it for more short game shots, experimenting with some techniques and see how it alters launch, spin and carry.

I have used it a bit for speed training with the driver so far, but I haven't been able to do it consistently given the weather.

RH

A friend of mine has one. I have used it frequently for multiple purposes. Anywhere from 1/2 and 3/4 wedge shots (distance, height, spin), to what affect does a specific swing change have on yardage, to gapping. His phone is synched with a Kindle Fire, so the data is very easy to read.

You can set it up with an android tablet if you know how to sideload apps. Not sure if they have formally released an app that makes it work for tablets or not. Tech was a bit suprised when I told him it worked on my tablet as at the time, I couldnt get it to sync to my phone(unannounced blue tooth update from Google required GPS to be turned on)

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

Any input you guys have on how it performs with bad range balls? Range balls with very worn down dimples. Those compose about half of my buckets.

That’s definitely a problem I’m gonna run into as well.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Don't you have to put stickers on the balls? You do this at the range? I imagine the owner of the range wouldn't like that too much.

It’s recommended to use the stickers but not mandatory. It’s just more accurate with the stickers but from what tests I have seen it’s still fairly accurate without.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I could be wrong, but with the sticker on the ball (and they come off easily), the Mevo actually measures the ball data (carry, launch, spin). Without the stickers it calculates the ball data as the ball first takes off.

What I like about that (if true), is that w/o the stickers it almost negates the effects of the limited range flight ball, wind, etc.

But I have found the Mevo, even w/o the stickers to be extremely close to what Trackman 4 reads.

RH

I’m super excited. Picked one up from the BST for cheap and can’t wait to use it. This year is the year I finally get to scratch or at least as close to it. I’m currently at 5.3 and it’s like losing weight, those last few pounds (or strokes) are so damn hard to get off!

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I'm super excited. Picked one up from the BST for cheap and can't wait to use it. This year is the year I finally get to scratch or at least as close to it. I'm currently at 5.3 and it's like losing weight, those last few pounds (or strokes) are so damn hard to get off!

Here's a good video discussing how to calibrate it.

I didn't know about the 'sniper's gauge' on the Mevo until I saw the video.

It's also very important to have the correct distance the Mevo is from the ball on the app. I did some experimentation and found that if you have on the app that it is 4-1/2" feet away and it's really 4 feet away it will tend to read shorter carries and if the ball is further away than it says on the app, it will read longer carries.

RH

I just ordered one of these and it should be in next week, looking forward to using it at the driving range. It gets very windy here and at my driving range so I can be hitting 9 iron some days or 5 iron some days to the same target depending on if it's downwind or into the wind. Looking to have some normalized data to have a better idea of regular carry distance. I've heard before that club head speed numbers seem to be more accurate with the mevo set further back, can anyone confirm that?

Apologies in advance as I know this is not the Forum to do so but if anyone is interested in selling their Mevo or know someone who is, please let me know. Thanks!

They pop up pretty often on the BST but they also sell really fast. They usually don't go for a whole lot less than what they sell for new so it may just be worth buying a brand new one from FlightScope

I just ordered one of these and it should be in next week, looking forward to using it at the driving range. It gets very windy here and at my driving range so I can be hitting 9 iron some days or 5 iron some days to the same target depending on if it's downwind or into the wind. Looking to have some normalized data to have a better idea of regular carry distance. I've heard before that club head speed numbers seem to be more accurate with the mevo set further back, can anyone confirm that?

I usually set mine about 4-1/2 feet back and the numbers were pretty much spot on with what Trackman 4 has. I think it's more about having the ball roughly the same distance as you have it set on the app.

RH

With the stickers it tries to measure ball spin. Without them, spin is an educated guess. I never got good readings from that thing.

The problem is, if your spin is outside the norms for a particular club, the distance calculated is way off. Putting stickers on is a PITA. Might be fine if you have your own 20 balls and you're hitting into a net.

With the stickers it tries to measure ball spin. Without them, spin is an educated guess. I never got good readings from that thing.

The problem is, if your spin is outside the norms for a particular club, the distance calculated is way off. Putting stickers on is a PITA. Might be fine if you have your own 20 balls and you're hitting into a net.

Mine just came in today, I'm going to do some tests to see how reliable the numbers are without stickers as that's the way I plan on using it. I feel like the spin numbers should be closer outdoors where it can see much more of the flight than indoors. FlightScope even suggests using dots indoors with their more expensive units where you don't need them outdoors.

Apologies in advance as I know this is not the Forum to do so but if anyone is interested in selling their Mevo or know someone who is, please let me know. Thanks!

They pop up pretty often on the BST but they also sell really fast. They usually don't go for a whole lot less than what they sell for new so it may just be worth buying a brand new one from FlightScope

Yeah I can see they go fast on the BST Forum. I would be willing to trade my 3bay GSA Analyzer (not just straight up obviously) for one. I like the GSA but I think i would enjoy the Mevo much more

Finally got a chance to use my MEVO the other day and I am thoughourly impressed with it. I need to get a little shade thing for my iPad so it doesn’t overheat out here in the Tucson sun but the numbers using range balls with no dots seemed to be pretty good esp since right after using it I had a trackman lesson with my guy. Definitely worth the investment IMHO and can’t wait to continue using it and dialing in my shots.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Finally got a chance to use my MEVO the other day and I am thoughourly impressed with it. I need to get a little shade thing for my iPad so it doesn't overheat out here in the Tucson sun but the numbers using range balls with no dots seemed to be pretty good esp since right after using it I had a trackman lesson with my guy. Definitely worth the investment IMHO and can't wait to continue using it and dialing in my shots.

I've found the carry estimate is really accurate compared with my results off mats using good (not limited distance) range balls. It's typically within 3 yards across all irons, within 7 yards of FWs, and 10 yards with Driver. IMO, the key is to make sure the bottom of the unit is level with the bottom of the ball. Someone on another thread said MEVO support told them not to elevate MEVO higher when driver is selected as its estimates and calculations are adjusted to assume a 2" tee height.

Aside from the data, MEVO's built-in video editing capability is incredible in its own right.

If there is a weakness with MEVO, it is the instructions are a bit weak. They don't mention the automatic adjustment with driver. Also, IMO they don't emphasize accurate elevation of the unit and use of the "sniper's sight" enough.

I mentioned this is another mevo thread, but I think the biggest weakness when taking it to the range is the range balls. It's not as big of a difference in shorter shots, but long shots, at least with the range balls my range uses, don't give me the numbers I would expect from a ball I'd play with on the course.

I wish they were able to make some sort of practice program to go with it. I get that it can’t do left or right spin but for distances it would be phenomenal.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I wish they were able to make some sort of practice program to go with it. I get that it can't do left or right spin but for distances it would be phenomenal.

The FAQs suggest they have a "practice" mode in the works.

Also, GolfWRXrs attending the PGA show are reporting Flightscope is going to release a new MEVO, but it sounds like its still 18 months away.

I wish they were able to make some sort of practice program to go with it. I get that it can't do left or right spin but for distances it would be phenomenal.

The FAQs suggest they have a "practice" mode in the works.

Also, GolfWRXrs attending the PGA show are reporting Flightscope is going to release a new MEVO, but it sounds like its still 18 months away.

So it sounds like they're targeting Christmas 2019 for Mevo 2?