Flightscope MEVO users

I wish they were able to make some sort of practice program to go with it. I get that it can't do left or right spin but for distances it would be phenomenal.

The FAQs suggest they have a "practice" mode in the works.

Also, GolfWRXrs attending the PGA show are reporting Flightscope is going to release a new MEVO, but it sounds like its still 18 months away.

So it sounds like they're targeting Christmas 2019 for Mevo 2?

I think the 18 month estimate was a quote from the show, so it would be closer to summer 2019.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How well does it work in a backyard with a net the proper distance away? This would allow for the metal stickers and regular ball....

Should work fine. I tested mine against both actual range distances, and an indoor simulator. No issues. I do think I would use stickers if I was using balls with worn covers where markings have faded or rubbed off. Also, would probably use stickers more with wedges and driver, where spin measurement is of higher importance.

From the couple times that I have used it, I feel it works more than well enough for 99% of golfers. The majority of Am golfers don’t know their actual distances anyway and this being off by a yard or two (with no stickers) ultimately means nothing because we aren’t consistent enough. Well WE all are, being WRX’ers but the rest of the schlubs.....

Is it perfect? No. Is it worth the money? I feel it is. I just hope the continue improving it, even though they are planning on releasing a new version in the next 2 years. Not knowing the technical side of it all, I hope they are able to bring a practice mode to the app or figure out a way to be able to use a metallic sharpie for the balls.

I have yet to use the dots and am currently working on a home net situation. When that happens I’ll use the dots. No sense in wasting them on a range where the balls are crap and just tossing them away.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

What does “practice mode” do/mean?

On the normal flightscope you can do a short game practice where it gives you a yardage and you try and hit it for points.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I just use it for data. I then import into excel and scatter plot it out.

I only really practice specific yardages with wedges and I do that with my yardage gun.

I'm excited as the MEVO will hopefully continue to improve with updates.

G425 LST 

G425 Max 14.5* 

G425 19* Hybrid 

TM P7MC 4-PW

RTX Zipcore 50*/54*/58*

PING Sigma2 Anser

• 2 weeks later...

Does it show AoA?

No. Only club data is clubhead speed. You get ball speed, CH speed, smash factor, vertical launch angle, spin (no spin axis/side spin, just total spin), apex height, flight time, and carry distance.

Have had mine a few days now. LOVE the video integration with iPhone - no more trimming videos or starting/stopping the recording. Numbers seem spot-on, both indoors and out. Way easier to use than SkyTrak and only misses a shot if you shank or top it.

Does it show AoA?

Have had mine a few days now. LOVE the video integration with iPhone - no more trimming videos or starting/stopping the recording. Numbers seem spot-on, both indoors and out. Way easier to use than SkyTrak and only misses a shot if you shank or top it.

In my opinion, those who want to take swing video, but feel its too much hassle should check out MEVO. I think Flightscope is missing the boat by not touting this feature more. I bet you could get people buying it for the video editing alone...

• 6 months later...

I only really practice specific yardages with wedges and I do that with my yardage gun.

Hi Tanker, how are you importing the data to Excel? In the app I don't an option to pay the hitting data, or video, out from the app (or even to save it to the phone). Are you paying for the iCloud service?

I'm really looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Hi Tanker, how are you importing the data to Excel? In the app I don't an option to pay the hitting data, or video, out from the app (or even to save it to the phone). Are you paying for the iCloud service?

I'm really looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Never mind, I found the site which allows you to pull down the CSV date.

https://myflightscope.com/

Now I just need to figure out if/how to pull down the video. :)

• 11 months later...

So I have had mine for about a month and love it. I dont really use it for gapping as i have that settled, but i experiment with swings a lot and this gives me a clear indicator as to what is optimal. for example if i change my takeaway and i start producing more speed or better launch conditions i know it is worth trying to make the change work. It is much better than guessing and checking.

The only thing that bothers me is I use it on the range (no dots) and it rarely gives me driver clubhead speed. gives me every other club. any idea why?

> @hahanice said:

> So I have had mine for about a month and love it. I dont really use it for gapping as i have that settled, but i experiment with swings a lot and this gives me a clear indicator as to what is optimal. for example if i change my takeaway and i start producing more speed or better launch conditions i know it is worth trying to make the change work. It is much better than guessing and checking.

>

> The only thing that bothers me is I use it on the range (no dots) and it rarely gives me driver clubhead speed. gives me every other club. any idea why?

I get driver CH speed on the range without dots, no problem. Make sure you've selected Driver as your club, and also try to position the seam of the ball perpendicular to the target line, so the radar has a defined boundary to pick up spin (important when not using stickers).

> @hahanice said:

> So I have had mine for about a month and love it. I dont really use it for gapping as i have that settled, but i experiment with swings a lot and this gives me a clear indicator as to what is optimal. for example if i change my takeaway and i start producing more speed or better launch conditions i know it is worth trying to make the change work. It is much better than guessing and checking.

>

> The only thing that bothers me is I use it on the range (no dots) and it rarely gives me driver clubhead speed. gives me every other club. any idea why?

Might need to play with how close the unit is to the tee. Ive not had any problems with mine picking up driver other than the occasional miss.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @SNIPERBBB said:

> Might need to play with how close the unit is to the tee. Ive not had any problems with mine picking up driver other than the occasional miss.

This. I believe MEVO FAQs have been updated to say MEVO should be placed seven feet behind the ball for driver. Obviously, adjust settings accordingly. Also, I think the "auto adjust" for height with driver has been debunked. So, unit should be elevated to ball height when sitting on tee. (I use the box for the unit itself, which is very sturdy.)

> @musclefront said:

> Any info on a new version? If so, is it a firmware upgrade or a whole different unit?

>

> Really curious about this thing, live in NY so winter is on its way and time for woodshedding...Wonder will the cold affect the ball speed directly off the face or just total carry?

Harry Brandt is a golf sim enthusiast with a large Facebook following. About 5-6 months ago, Flightscope gave him an HQ tour. At that time, he reported seeing MEVO 2 in development, and would share a pic when Flightscope gave him approval, but no pic has been posted, yet. Best guess: PGA Show 2020.

Assuming FS stays with their "avid golfer training" theme while limiting cannibalization of the x3, my guess is MEVO 2 will add driving range simulation and skills tests but NOT course simulation. It probably won't provide specific spin axis, AoA, or club path. I could see a general "path" message like "slight in-to-out" "significant out-to-in" or "Damn, you're over the top."

> @games said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > Any info on a new version? If so, is it a firmware upgrade or a whole different unit?

> >

> > Really curious about this thing, live in NY so winter is on its way and time for woodshedding...Wonder will the cold affect the ball speed directly off the face or just total carry?

>

> Harry Brandt is a golf sim enthusiast with a large Facebook following. About 5-6 months ago, Flightscope gave him an HQ tour. At that time, he reported seeing MEVO 2 in development, and would share a pic when Flightscope gave him approval, but no pic has been posted, yet. Best guess: PGA Show 2020.

>

> Assuming FS stays with their "avid golfer training" theme while limiting cannibalization of the x3 and x4, my guess is MEVO 2 will add driving range simulation and skills tests but NOT course simulation. It probably won't provide specific spin axis, AoA, or club path. I could see a general "path" message like "slight in-to-out" "significant out-to-in" or "****, you're over the top."

After more research it seems the mevo 2 will be more in the Skytrack sphere.

Just talked to Flightscope, mevo 2 is coming and will have more parameters and be in the skytrackish price point. He wasn’t allowed reveal what those were exactly yet but soon...also there will prob be a rebate/trade up option for existing users who want to upgrade. As for ball info when it’s cold out he said since ball speed is calculated very quickly from a static position (the ball) it shouldn’t be affected neither should distance since it’s a limited length reading from mevo. Very nice guy and was very helpful. I ordered a mevo. What the hell!

> @musclefront said:

> Just talked to Flightscope, mevo 2 is coming and will have more parameters and be in the skytrackish price point. He wasn’t allowed reveal what those were exactly yet but soon...also there will prob be a rebate/trade up option for existing users who want to upgrade. As for ball info when it’s cold out he said since ball speed is calculated very quickly from a static position (the ball) it shouldn’t be affected neither should distance since it’s a limited length reading from mevo. Very nice guy and was very helpful. I ordered a mevo. What the ****!

So we're essentially looking at a $1500 radar based LM? If it gives club path, AoA, and horizontal ball dispersion then I will be buying one the instant it becomes available.

> @Shades234 said:

> > @musclefront said:

> > Just talked to Flightscope, mevo 2 is coming and will have more parameters and be in the skytrackish price point. He wasn’t allowed reveal what those were exactly yet but soon...also there will prob be a rebate/trade up option for existing users who want to upgrade. As for ball info when it’s cold out he said since ball speed is calculated very quickly from a static position (the ball) it shouldn’t be affected neither should distance since it’s a limited length reading from mevo. Very nice guy and was very helpful. I ordered a mevo. What the ****!

>

> So we're essentially looking at a $1500 radar based LM? If it gives club path, AoA, and horizontal ball dispersion then I will be buying one the instant it becomes available.

Doubt it will give path, even the $5000 Xi+ doesnt give path. THe $2000 Xi gave this data.

Ball Data

Carry Distance

Total Distance

Roll Distance

Ball Speed

Landing Position

Lateral Deviation

Skills Distance to the Pin

Skills Score

Club Data

Club Head Speed

Smash Factor