Hogan irons

wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat SunflowerMembers Posts: 828 ✭✭
edited Jul 12, 2018 in Deal or No Deal? #1
Found a set of 1961 Ben Hogan Power Thrust + irons (3-E) for $15. Not anywhere near perfect shape. Have Lamkin grips on them.

Deal or no deal?

Comments

• Judge SmalesJudge Smales Posts: 766 ✭✭
    It’s $15...
  • justasgoodjustasgood Without Tempo, you are just a hacker. Members Posts: 2,583 ✭✭
    ^

This
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,531 ✭✭
    wildcatden wrote:

Found a set of 1961 Ben Hogan Power Thrust + irons (3-E) for $15. Not anywhere near perfect shape. Have Lamkin grips on them.

Deal or no deal?

Can you finance at a good interest rate?
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,034 ✭✭
    At that price, why not
  • STPBMWSTPBMW Members Posts: 573 ✭✭
    Is that ala carte or come with a side salad?
  • Sparky14Sparky14 Members Posts: 344 ✭✭
    $15 to have an extra set of irons stored in my garage that I would never use.....YEAH!
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
    What's a good interest rate for financing?
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭
    If the shafts are not bent and the heads are not trashed...... I'll let you double your purchase by sending it to me.
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Members Posts: 828 ✭✭
    wkuo3 wrote:

If the shafts are not bent and the heads are not trashed...... I'll let you double your purchase by sending it to me.

Yeah, that's what I'm driving at of course. Some eBay searches show they could be worth quite a bit more with some cleanup. Or I could re-shaft them for my junior and make him learn to hit a butterknife. Would probably be good for him.
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #11
    wildcatden wrote:

wkuo3 wrote:

Yeah, that's what I'm driving at of course. Some eBay searches show they could be worth quite a bit more with some cleanup. Or I could re-shaft them for my junior and make him learn to hit a butterknife. Would probably be good for him.

These will be a bit much golf club for a junior to thrash around, and it's pre 1970's production, which will only increase in value in the future. Don't reshaft it unless it's rusted inside and you want to play it. Can't help that it had grip change, and most of them will not have the original grips on them. If you store it in a nice cool dry place, it'll be your best investment for the $15.

Some will do a complete restoration and resale or game it. Some will keep it the way it is with as much original finishing as possible. Either way, it's a time piece that will shine a lot for the money you have put into it.