Oakley RX lenses

jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
I've got a pair of Half Jacket XLJs in very good shape & I'm thinking about having prescription single vision lenses put in them. A google search turned up a number of places to get this done. Has anybody else tried this? How did it turn out? Would you recommend your provider? What color lens did you get? Thanks!...
WITB:
Titleist 910D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 15
Titleist 910H 19
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50,54,60
Cameron Newport 2
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...

Comments

• ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 428 ✭✭
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #2
    You can just goto Sport RX. Order the lenses in your prescription and put them on yourself. You can get actually Oakley lenses or a Sport RX brand which is cheaper.

https://www.sportrx....escription.html
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Newport Platinum Putter
    Taylormade TP5 Golf balls
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    Thanks! Have you had this done yourself? If so, what tint did you get for the lenses? Looks like around $150 is the price point.
    WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Clubs are subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination at any time...
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #4
    I have my Maui Jim's in prescription but I got it from my optometrist. I paid $220 for the sunglasses and with prescription lenses, the bill was around $500. Luckily, my insurance covered most of it. A few of my buddies got lenses from Sport RX for fishing and they said they work perfect with their Oakleys. For golfing, a nice bronze or brown. Even rose or amber works well.
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
  • jonsnowjonsnow GeorgiaMembers Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    Yikes! Were the lenses you put in the Maui Jim's single vision or progressive? If they were single vision, that $150 at SportRX is looking really good.
    WITB:
    Titleist 910D3 9.5
    Titleist 917F2 15
    Titleist 910H 19
    Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-PW
    Vokey SM6 50,54,60
    Cameron Newport 2
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• jpdxjpdx Members Posts: 1,540 ✭✭
    i went through my optometrist as well. Oakley Prizm Golf lenses - I don't play without them. Sunny or overcast...I don't recall the cost, but most was covered by insurance.
    Srixon z785 hzrdus black 6.5
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 DG Pro s300 -2*
    Nike
    Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300 -2*
    Nike
    Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
    Nike Method Matter m4-12
    Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

b-team/travel bag
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Pro driver 11.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300 -2*
    Nike Engage 50* SS 54* SS 60* DS
    Nike Method Origin b2-01
    Cure CX-2
    Nike Air Sport II and Hyperadapt
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,760 ✭✭
    Check sports optical in Denver.

drn92
    edited Jul 13, 2018 #8
    jonsnow wrote:

Yikes! Were the lenses you put in the Maui Jim's single vision or progressive? If they were single vision, that $150 at SportRX is looking really good.

They were single vision. I didn't think it was that bad considering my normal prescription glasses cost about the same. But, if you considered what you paid for your sunglasses, which I'm guessing was around $200, then tack on another $150 or so, $500 isn't really that bad and it took a week.
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,305 ✭✭
    jonsnow wrote:

I already have a pair of Maui frames, and to get Maui prescription lenses put in them was going to cost me over $400.

You can get knock-off lenses that will fit the frames, for Oakley or Maui, but I would bet a lot of money the quality isn’t nearly as good. If you already need prescriptions, and can afford it, get the proper lenses.
  • Jstdoit95Jstdoit95 jstdoit95 Members Posts: 188
    I have a pair of oakley Felon's that my optometrist made lenses for, Im starting to get away from playing in contacts so I may look into some rx lenses for my juliets as well
    --nope--
  • OSKARJONESOSKARJONES Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    If you have access to OakleySI.com you can order RX lenses directly from them. I checked a few prices. For example frames with single vision Rx Prizm Golf lense were between $300-$350. The Flak 2.0 Prizm Golf Rx is $325
  • eagles1eagles1 Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Oakley tolerances for prescription lenses is very limited - especially if you go with wraps.
  • jokerusnjokerusn nice shoes Northern NJClubWRX Posts: 4,675 ClubWRX
    edited Jul 23, 2018 #13
    I have Rx lenses in my flak jackets. Bought the lenses separate after I already had the frames. Mine are clear/grey black iridium transitions from Oakley. My only issue is there's a section of the left lens that changes color at a slightly different rate than the rest of the lens so occasionally I'll get a dark spot in my vision that will go away after a couple seconds. Doesn't really impact golf or any other activity I'm doing.
    M3 9.5°  Ventus 6-X
    M5 15°  Tensei CK Pro 70TX
    818H2 19°  HZRDUS 85 6.5
    790 UDI  PX Catalyst 6.5  -or-  TP UDI 3  PX HB6
    790 4i / Z745 5-9  Nippon 950GH 
    SM7 46F 52F 58D 62M  DG 115 / KBS Tour 120
    Mann MA/66

(¬¬) WITB Link
  • golf_addict73golf_addict73 Jr. Boomers Posts: 232 ✭✭
    Absolutely love my Sport RX prescription lenses that I have in my Twoface sunglasses. I actually chose to pay more for the Prizm Golf Oakley Flak Jacket lenses through them for that prescription since I wasn’t entirely sure about the SportRX tint choices.

I have no issues recommending the SportRX lenses from a quality standpoint, so if you see a lens shade that you like from them, go for it. Otherwise, I recommend paying a bit more for the Prizm golf
    Titleist TS3 KuroKage XT60 TX
    TaylorMade M3 15* Tensei Blue 75
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 17* HZRDUS 6.5
    Kyoei KK Black MB 4-PW KBS Tour 125 S+
    Mizuno MP-T7 50/06
    Mizuno MP-T7 54/08
    Mizuno MP-T7 58/12
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Black 33"
    TaylorMade TP5X
  • KGrinolsKGrinols Members Posts: 61
    Went to LensCrafters, got an eye exam, and ordered the Oakley Flak 2.0 with RX Prizm Golf lenses and don't golf without them. RX Prizms aren't cheap, but I love them and use them for any occasion where I would wear sunglasses.
    Mizuno ST180 Driver Tensei Blue Stiff
    Mizuno ST180 3Wood Tensei Blue Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hybrid Fujikura Pro73 Stiff
    Mizuno JPX 900 Hot Metal 4-PW Project X LZ 5.5
    Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* Project X LZ 5.5
    Ping Ketsch
  • leegee38leegee38 Posts: 80 ✭✭
    eagles1 wrote:

Oakley tolerances for prescription lenses is very limited - especially if you go with wraps.

I had that issue a few years ago, but maybe things have changed.

From the Oakley website:

OAKLEY TRUE DIGITAL II

Take the Limits Off Your Prescription

If you’ve been told your prescription is “out of range” for the sunglasses you want, check out OTD Edge™. This technology expands the prescription range for Oakley high-wrap sunglasses up to +4.00 to -6.00, so you can enjoy benefits you expect from Oakley sunglasses, like extended peripheral vision and improved side protection.
  • MacklessdaddyMacklessdaddy Posts: 497 ✭✭
    got my rx done at lensabl progressive polarized for 220
    Ping G 10.5 Kuro Kage
    Ping G 3W
    Callaway Apex 3 and 4 hybrids
    Taylormade SLDR 5-Gap
    Cleveland CBX 54 58
    Odyssey White Ice DART