We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

Comments

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SullGolfSullGolf  9045Members Posts: 9,045

Now that KFC Popeyes introduced the new chicken sandwich, Col Sanders had to change careers to be a PGA marshal.

Posted:
  • baddomesbaddomes  5908Members Posts: 5,908

@SullGolf said:
    Now that KFC introduced the new chicken sandwich, Col Sanders had to change careers to be a PGA marshal.

Posted:
  • TheCityGameTheCityGame Traj like Minaj  16050Members Posts: 16,050

And the new Col Sanders is Rudy.

Posted:
    Ping G400 MAX 10.5º XTORSION Copper 60
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Sauce : tour
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Ping Scottsdale Wolverine
    Oncore Elixir
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DC 1999Members Posts: 1,999

@SullGolf said:
    Now that KFC Popeyes introduced the new chicken sandwich, Col Sanders had to change careers to be a PGA marshal.

So, a couple of things. Firstly, I believe KFC is joining the chicken sammich game (or has already). I'm not really sure because KFC is disgusting to me.

Secondly, I love the new Colonel Sanders commercial. It's a take on Rudy.

Posted:
    Hive Tour Titles: 2

You guys know that thing where it's funny if you pretend Col Sander bow tie is actually the legs and arm of a little man?

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir

Advertisement

Never seen the arms/legs thing. But I like it.

I like the rotating KFC colonel ad campaigns. We all need more Darrell Hammond in our lives. He's the type of guy who looks fairly clean cut, but you know at some point did or still does a ton of cocaine and might die young.

Posted:
  • gregh729gregh729 #TheWRX 2016  3078Members Posts: 3,078

Just got back from walking to the beach. 2 blocks. Winds at 40mph, rain hard and sidewards. Surprisingly, got soaked! Very cool seeing the ocean and just being out in it. Not sure my family shared my enthusiasm, but all glad they did it.

Posted:
  • SullGolfSullGolf  9045Members Posts: 9,045

Has Aiyyer completed his quest of getting the Popeyes sandwich?

I had Chickfila for lunch and was underwhelmed. My sandwich was smaller than normal. Someone like 2MT probably got there before me and took all the big pieces.

Posted:
  • ceejay81ceejay81 Love that chicken from Popeyes! Washington, DC 1999Members Posts: 1,999

@SullGolf said:

I had Chickfila for lunch and was underwhelmed. My sandwich was smaller than normal. Someone like 2MT probably got there before me and took all the big pieces.

Lucky for you it's not noon yet, so you are allowed a 2nd lunch.

Posted:

I like how absolutely no one is including Roy Rodgers in the chicken wars.

Take note, you Roy Rogers fans.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12336Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,336

I had the grilled nuggets at CFA this week - first time for everything. They are legit, I was completely wrong when I bad mouthed the idea of grilled nuggets.

Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis
  • FAbbFAbb  16354Members Posts: 16,354

Posted:

@baddomes said:

Posted:
  • siegel159siegel159  1078Members Posts: 1,078

Not to change topic from Chicken Wars v2, but I'm gonna throw a quick book review out there.

Bought All Systems Red, by Martha Wells on Audible a little while ago. It's the first book in The Murderbot Diaries. I sort of figured with a name like Murderbot Diaries, there was literally no way it could be bad. And it wasn't. It was ok. Writing was ok. Characterization was ok. It was sort of funny. Has super good reviews on GoodReads though. But I think the best part is still the name. So if anyone wants to read about murderbots, just know that there's a book out there for you.

Posted:
    Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
    TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
    Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
    TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
    Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
    Callaway md3 52* S grind
    Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
    Scotty Select Newport 2.6

@siegel159 said:
    Not to change topic from Chicken Wars v2, but I'm gonna throw a quick book review out there.

Bought All Systems Red, by Martha Wells on Audible a little while ago. It's the first book in The Murderbot Diaries. I sort of figured with a name like Murderbot Diaries, there was literally no way it could be bad. And it wasn't. It was ok. Writing was ok. Characterization was ok. It was sort of funny. Has super good reviews on GoodReads though. But I think the best part is still the name. So if anyone wants to read about murderbots, just know that there's a book out there for you.

Thanks. Is the Murderbot Diaries like a sequel to that Anne Frank book?

I just started a book that my wife read back-to-back called "The Milkman". I CAN NOT get into it. I told her yesterday that I wasn't going to read it. I can't wait to tell her I'm looking into the Murderbot Diaries.

I'm also reading "The Cabin at the End of the World". It's horror. Early on, but it's good.

Two recent reads that I enjoyed :

"16 Ways To Defend A Walled City". Military tactics fiction. Funny narrator.

"The Lost Fleet : Dauntless". This series of books is about a spaceship fleet that is trying to get home through a series of "space jumps" and is being pursued by a superior force. The "hook" is that the commander of the fleet is a person who won a famous space battle 100 years in the past but has been in stasis in a space pod since then. So, the book has a lot going on with him dealing with the "new way" of doing things. Most of this "new way" is a corruption of the lessons learned from HIS battles 100 years ago. Lots of space-navy tactics, and military politics.

What's your GoodReads handle?

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir

Advertisement

@ceejay81 said:

@baddomes said:

The idea that anyone can "Win" a gold rush sandwich from Roy Rogers is debatable.

Posted:

I also just started a book called "Because Internet" about how language has been influenced by the internet. There's probably a million books on this topic already, but this one sounded pretty good.

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir

The library often has the first book of a series available, but not the other ones.

Also, if you download the book and turn off wi-fi, they can't take it back from you. It gets checked back in and is available to other patrons, but you still have it until you turn wi-if back on.

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir

@TheCityGame said:

@siegel159 said:

Thanks. Is the Murderbot Diaries like a sequel to that Anne Frank book?

I just started a book that my wife read back-to-back called "The Milkman". I CAN NOT get into it. I told her yesterday that I wasn't going to read it. I can't wait to tell her I'm looking into the Murderbot Diaries.

I'm also reading "The Cabin at the End of the World". It's horror. Early on, but it's good.

Two recent reads that I enjoyed :

"16 Ways To Defend A Walled City". Military tactics fiction. Funny narrator.

"The Lost Fleet : Dauntless". This series of books is about a spaceship fleet that is trying to get home through a series of "space jumps" and is being pursued by a superior force. The "hook" is that the commander of the fleet is a person who won a famous space battle 100 years in the past but has been in stasis in a space pod since then. So, the book has a lot going on with him dealing with the "new way" of doing things. Most of this "new way" is a corruption of the lessons learned from HIS battles 100 years ago. Lots of space-navy tactics, and military politics.

What's your GoodReads handle?

That 16 Ways one looks pretty good. Is it on audible? I just did a quick search, and the book title didn't pop up. And it's not on the authors page either (K.J Parker, right?).

I'm not telling you my GoodReads handle. It's completely random and you'll never guess it. Also, I realized that I haven't really updated my "books read" section on that site since my Vince Flynn/Lee Child kick like 9 years ago.

Edit: I didn't actually expect anyone to go ahead and read the book after my "it's ok" book review. But, you're welcome.

Posted:
    Callaway md3 52* S grind
  • dcmidnightdcmidnight  12336Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 12,336

@TheCityGame said:
    Also, if you download the book and turn off wi-fi, they can't take it back from you. It gets checked back in and is available to other patrons, but you still have it until you turn wi-if back on.

If this is true, this is fantastic. I just got my Kindle/library account set up a month or so ago and have 5 books checked out right now. Much like TV shows though, I'll get a little bit into each book and may move on to the next one for a bit. 21 days is not enough time for me to keep something checked out.

Posted:
    M3 12* - Aldila Rogue Elite Green 65x
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Yes Callie i4 35" / Chromesoft Truvis

Advertisement

In other books news, I've been trying to slog my way through Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy for months now. It's a classic, and all dark and moody and junk, so I feel like I should enjoy it at least a little. But man is it difficult to get through. There's no plot, the writing can drag on, and literally everyone is the worst. I guess it's supposed to represent the worst in humanity or some such thing, but I don't think that really makes a good read. Or maybe I'm just not the audience, I dunno.

Posted:
    Callaway md3 52* S grind

@dcmidnight said:

@TheCityGame said:

If this is true, this is fantastic. I just got my Kindle/library account set up a month or so ago and have 5 books checked out right now. Much like TV shows though, I'll get a little bit into each book and may move on to the next one for a bit. 21 days is not enough time for me to keep something checked out.

Oh, it's 1 million percent true. They can't take it off if you turn off wifi. And, turning off wifi preserves battery life a lot, too. ONce I get my stuff, I turn wifi off.

Siegel, found you. Requested friend. Can't wait to read your Lee Child reviews. I looked at the murderbot reviews. 4.15. That's good at goodreads. You don't see much higher than 4.2.

"16 Ways" is Parker. I've been meaning to get to more of his stuff. I don't know if it's on audiobook.

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir
  • OcgolfrickOcgolfrick  1661Members Posts: 1,661

@siegel159 said:
    In other books news, I've been trying to slog my way through Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy for months now. It's a classic, and all dark and moody and junk, so I feel like I should enjoy it at least a little. But man is it difficult to get through. There's no plot, the writing can drag on, and literally everyone is the worst. I guess it's supposed to represent the worst in humanity or some such thing, but I don't think that really makes a good read. Or maybe I'm just not the audience, I dunno.

I felt the same during the read, but when I actually finished it I realized I enjoyed it. The Road by Cormac McCarthy is a MUCH better book with a better plot IMHO.

Posted:
    Hive Tour Titles: 0
    Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
    Suck it, Ceejay.

@ceejay81 said:

@siegel159 said:

Dark, moody, difficult to get through, no plot, and everyone is the worst in humanity.

Sounds like you were reading Twitter comments.

Posted:
    RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
    Cobra f6 Hybrid
    Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
    Vokey 60º/04º
    Oncore Elixir

Advertisement

@TheCityGame said:

@ceejay81 said:

@siegel159 said:

Dark, moody, difficult to get through, no plot, and everyone is the worst in humanity.

Sounds like you were reading Twitter comments.

Posted:
  • davechendavechen THDC  2025Members Posts: 2,025

My kids are supposed to write a 6 word autobiography for high school English. My suggestion was "I like big butts, no lie." Brilliant, I thought. They did not agree.

Posted:
    Post edited by davechen on
  • aiyyeraiyyer  1755Members Posts: 1,755

@ceejay81 said:

@SullGolf said:

Lucky for you it's not noon yet, so you are allowed a 2nd lunch.

I’m done with the effort to find the sandwich.
    Too old for the Kumar finding white castle thing

Posted:

Advertisement

Along the lines of the turning-off-wifi trick:

Airplane mode is a must when you're playing stupid cell phone games while working on buglers in the men's room at work. > @davechen said:

My kids are supposed to write a 6 word autobiography for high school English. My suggestion was "I like big butts, no lie." Brilliant, I though. They did not agree.

"My Favorite Intercourse Is Group Intercourse"

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.