2018 NFL Fantasy Advice

highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
Getting a thread going for those of us who are not fantasy geniuses to ask those that are.

First up.... Do I start Jordan Howard or James Conner tomorrow? Howard has GB and Conner faces a tougher Cleveland run D, but it feels like the Steelers will make something special happen

Comments

• 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,347 ✭✭
    Although I'm not a genius, I generally do pretty well. I don't really know much about Conner tbh. I know big Ben always struggles there so it could be a little more run heavy, but at least in the past Cle run D was decent. I think that game is also the one with high winds so it could just be low scoring in general. I don't feel great about it but I would go Howard. He's the main RB in a game that should see some pts scored.
    Cobra F8 10.5D w/ Hazardous Yellow
    Cobra F8 16* w/ Aldila Blue 2KXVs
    Titleist 915H 18* w/Aldila Rogue 95MSI
    Titleist 913H 21* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Titleist 915H 24* w/Diamana 92Hy
    Mizuno 919F 66-GW w/Nippon Modus3 105s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
    TP Mills Trad II roundneck
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,260 ClubWRX
    I believe Steelers are going to force the issue with Conner. I told my buddies Le’Veon wasn’t going to play this season and they all told me he has to to earn that big dollars. That would be idea but Steelers ran him to the ground last year and he’s not risking it for a team that obviously will not keep him.

I need to make a last minute call on ty Hilton or Landry. High winds in Cleveland means tons of targets for Landry but luck is coming back and he’s making a statement today.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    TY all day
  • devinh821devinh821 Members Posts: 558 ✭✭
    I picked up TY late in two leagues. Hoping he has a breakout year with Luck coming back.
    he's never had an off year with LUCK

dude averaged 80, 1200, 7 every year outside of his rookie season with Luck under the helm. I don't get why people not giving TY any love this year. He's a prime bounce back candidate.

Are people down on TY or are they down on LUCK? I saw a couple throws by Luck during the preseason. He still got plenty of zip.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • nogamejamesnogamejames Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭
    I'm going all in on Conner today. I really think Pittsburgh is going to try to prove a point to Bell that he isn't that important. I have him in 3 fantasy leagues and 5 DK lineups. I am betting Cleveland to cover though
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
    3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
    4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
    4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
    5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
    50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
    Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

I'm going all in on Conner today. I really think Pittsburgh is going to try to prove a point to Bell that he isn't that important. I have him in 3 fantasy leagues and 5 DK lineups. I am betting Cleveland to cover though

you got a busy day today!
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,139 ✭✭
    Good thing I left Howard in. Lol
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭

Good thing I left Howard in. Lol

I had Conner on the bench too. And will likely have cost me the win.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
    Whew.... Conner on the bench didn't kill me. Up by 20 with Golden Tate and the Ram's D still going and my opponent just has Lions D. Although as a lifelong Lions fan I'm completely aware that I could end up with Tate rushing for no gain with a few fumbles and the Lion's D having the best game they every had to make me lose.
    My team went against Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas in a ppr league.
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
    jerebear21 wrote:

My team went against Tyreek Hill and Michael Thomas in a ppr league.

I was against Mike Evans, Emannuel Sanders, and Kamara. They put up 93 alone. Add in Antonio Brown and Ajayi, and he's by far this weeks highest scorer in our league.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    I got killed in my big league with Deshean Jackson on the bench but that wouldnt have mattered. Helps when he has Julio and Conner in. Will probably start Marshall over Garcon next week but not sure what to do with Devontae Freeman...says questionable. I could move Sproles into that spot, put Marshall in at WR and go with Eifert in the flex. I used 3 rbs last week. Any advice? RBs are Lynch, Freeman, Miller, and Sproles my WRs are Hogan, Marshall, Cooper, Jackson, and Garcon. Graham and Eifert are TEs.

In another league Im RB heavy...Peterson, Barkley, Howard, and Conner. This was my DA move of the week in this draft...drafting while driving home for 2 rounds and it was 5th or 6th round when I drafted my qb, saw Cousins and took him but didnt scroll down to see Brees available.
    Ok, for this week should I keep hoping on Trey Burton or drop him and pick up Jared Cook or Jack Doyle?
    blaird wrote:

Will probably start Marshall over Garcon next week but not sure what to do with Devontae Freeman...says questionable. I could move Sproles into that spot, put Marshall in at WR and go with Eifert in the flex. I used 3 rbs last week. Any advice? RBs are Lynch, Freeman, Miller, and Sproles my WRs are Hogan, Marshall, Cooper, Jackson, and Garcon. Graham and Eifert are TEs.

Thus far, everyone seems to think Freeman is fine, so I'd stick with Lynch, Freeman and Miller if it's an option.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 807 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:

blaird wrote:

Will probably start Marshall over Garcon next week but not sure what to do with Devontae Freeman...says questionable. I could move Sproles into that spot, put Marshall in at WR and go with Eifert in the flex. I used 3 rbs last week. Any advice? RBs are Lynch, Freeman, Miller, and Sproles my WRs are Hogan, Marshall, Cooper, Jackson, and Garcon. Graham and Eifert are TEs.

Thus far, everyone seems to think Freeman is fine, so I'd stick with Lynch, Freeman and Miller if it's an option.

Keep an eye on Freeman. A lot of eyebrows being raised here on ATL sports talk radio with him sitting out practice again and they also just signed another RB.
    CHuntsman wrote:

adam667220 wrote:

blaird wrote:

Keep an eye on Freeman. A lot of eyebrows being raised here on ATL sports talk radio with him sitting out practice again and they also just signed another RB.

Wow... missed this in the news. I've got Coleman so my decision becomes tougher.
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,153 ✭✭
    I can get Coleman off the waivers I think. I have questionable by him, Lynch, and Sproles. Also have questionable by Deshaun Jackson. This league may be my worst!! I put in Conner in favor of J Howard in my other league.
    blaird wrote:

I can get Coleman off the waivers I think. I have questionable by him, Lynch, and Sproles. Also have questionable by Deshaun Jackson. This league may be my worst!! I put in Conner in favor of J Howard in my other league.

Were you able to get Coleman off of waivers? Freeman is now OUT for week 2. So much for it being minor.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
  • CommerceTigerCommerceTiger Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭
    Well. I'm in a competitive 14 team ppr. My first 5 rounds of picks got. Combined 15 points. And McCaffrey got 13 of them
    Titleist 907 D2 w/ V2 67
    TM RBZ Stage 2 5W HL 21*
    Mizuno MP63 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM4 52 & 58
    Odyssey Tour Fill 2 Ball
    WITB Link
    Alright, pick 2 from the following 3... I'm leaning Coleman and Conner right now

Tevin Coleman

James Conner

Jordan Howard

Golden Tate
  • nogamejamesnogamejames Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭
    That is a hard choice. If PPR Conner and Coleman. If standard Conner and Howard. Hard to sit Howard, Conner or Coleman. Good problem to have.
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9* Matrix 8M3
    3 Wood: TM 16 M2 13* Diamana Thump 75
    4-7 Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler 19* PX Evenflow
    4 Iron: TM RSI TP UDI Aldila Rip'd VS Proto
    5-PW: Bridgestone J15DF KBS C-Taper
    50,56,60: Callaway MD3, Vokey TVD, Mizuno T7
    Putter: Method 003, Bettinardi Queen B7

That is a hard choice. If PPR Conner and Coleman. If standard Conner and Howard. Hard to sit Howard, Conner or Coleman. Good problem to have.

Thanks.... It is PPR.
  • devinh821devinh821 Members Posts: 558 ✭✭
    Big Ben or terrific Tom today? I’m torn on this one.
  • gsrjcgsrjc TOC Members Posts: 1,308 ✭✭
    Rodgers or Alex smith today?
    edited Sep 16, 2018 #27
    Dalvin Cook is killing me so far this year. I also played Luck over Ryan and went up against MG3.

Looks like I'll be 2-0 in one league and 0-2 in the other.

Killing it in FD through the first two weeks though!
  • uvaskemeuvaskeme Members Posts: 177
    edited Sep 27, 2018 #28
    I have too many WRs. Which 3 for Week 4?

Keenan Allen

Nelson Agholor

Kenny Golladay

Tyreek Hill

Juju

Jarvis Landry

Robert Woods
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,531 ✭✭
    uvaskeme wrote:

I have too many WRs. Which 3 for Week 4?

Keenan Allen

Nelson Agholor

Kenny Golladay

Tyreek Hill

Juju

Jarvis Landry

Robert Woods

Juju and hill are must starts every week essentially. Of the rest Id say it's between Landry and Golloday.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

Toulon Atlanta
    Hill and Juju are for sure. Would check Allen's status but if he's a go, would start him against a thin 9ers secondary in a must win game.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Tough decision this week. Was able to snag Chubb off waivers after the Hyde trade.

So now it's between Chubb, Coleman, Tate and Edeleman. Got to choose 2, one has to be a RB.

Tough decision. Does Chubb blow up in his first start? Does Edelman have a monster game with no Gronk? Coleman has no Freeman