Custom Driver painting?

00bolt00bolt Members Posts: 1,247
I see places all over Instagram and whatnot that do custom putters. But does anyone do custom drivers? My Epic driver has some scuffs on the top from bag chatter with my alignment stick. I want to have it repainted to look new again.

Also wondering if anyone refinished the black face again?
IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Adams Tight Lies 2 3 Wood 14°
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Titleist 716 TMB 4
Callaway Apex MB 5-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,652 ✭✭
    Check out Continental Golf. They do all sorts of refinishing and their work to top notch.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1122683-continental-golf-refinishing-and-more/page__st__1920
    Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno MP 18 MMC irons 5-PW Irons Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2
    Titleist Pro V1
  • Big BenBig Ben Members Posts: 8,972 ✭✭
    Do a search and find the Continental thread. They do excellent work with pretty darn fast turnaround. You will be satisfied for sure.
    Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
    Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
    Fairway: Titleist 917F2
    Hybrid: A-Grind
    2 iron: Ping Rapture
    Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
    Putter: Evnroll 9.1
    Balls: ProV1
  • 00bolt00bolt Members Posts: 1,247
    Thanks guys. Called them and may send to them. Just hate to be without it for 3 weeks. Also they said they can’t repaint the face to be black again. Only sand it down to silver metal like the old clubs used to be. Anyone know of someone who can make the faces new looking again in black?

Titleist 716 TMB 4
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW
    Custom Edel E-3 Putter
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,847 ClubWRX
    Unfortunately no one can restore that black face finish.
  • 00bolt00bolt Members Posts: 1,247
    That’s crazy to me. I see irons online from rainbow colored to black to blue and everything in between. But nobody can make a driver face black? Wonder why that’s so hard to do

Titleist 716 TMB 4
    Callaway Apex MB 5-PW
    Custom Edel E-3 Putter
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,852 ✭✭
    00bolt wrote:

That’s crazy to me. I see irons online from rainbow colored to black to blue and everything in between. But nobody can make a driver face black? Wonder why that’s so hard to do

Your driver head is made from multi material glued together. The finishing process will not be the same as with the iron heads. Still feasible but probably will cost a lot more than replacing it with a brand new driver head.
  • Howard JonesHoward Jones Members Posts: 8,530 ✭✭
    wkuo3 wrote:

00bolt wrote:

Your driver head is made from multi material glued together. The finishing process will not be the same as with the iron heads. Still feasible but probably will cost a lot more than replacing it with a brand new driver head.

I have no idea what it cost, but this company can be asked for a price

http://www.ableelectropolishing.com/services/titanium-anodizing/
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,852 ✭✭

wkuo3 wrote:

00bolt wrote:

I have no idea what it cost, but this company can be asked for a price

http://www.ableelect...nium-anodizing/

My point was, it'll be almost impossible to disassemble the head remove the face cup away from the rest of the head. I don't believe there is a way to mask the head and just process the face plate. Sure there are many places offering to anodize titanium, but I have not found one whom will do a partial finishing on the driver head,

I would think if there is a way, lots of places would offer the refinishing and be the middleman even if they don't do the actual work.
  • ChronicSlicerChronicSlicer Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    OP, you need a head cover for that alignment stick