Rosey in Nike’s

Saw on his Instagram live and pics from Bethpage he is wearing Nike’s now. When did this happen??

Ping G410 Plus PX Small Batch Smoke Yellow 6.5
Ping G 14.5 Fujikura VC TS 7.3x
Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 50 SS, 54 SS, 58ES PX 6.5
Ping Sigma2 Tyne 4, Black Stealth Shaft, PP58
'19 Srixon Z Star XV
Jones Utility Trouper

Comments

• WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,327 ClubWRX

Looks like Roshe Tour, lot of guys seem to wear them, my favorite, have 4 pair. The best thing, one of Nike’s least expensive shoes

TM Mini 11.5 Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-P - PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • earleyrcearleyrc Members Posts: 388 ✭✭

He has been Adidas shoe guy for a longgg time. Must be pretty recent because I haven't seen him in anything Nike outside the PGA pics on social media.

Driver (9.5°) - Titleist TS3 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74
    Wood (15°) - Titleist 915Fd Diamana D+ White 80
    Hybrid (19°) - Titleist 913h Diamana S+ Blue 82
    Irons (4-9) - Titleist 718AP2 DG S300 AMT
    Wedges (46.08F, 50.08F) - Vokey SM6 DG S200
    Wedges (54.10,58.10) - Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 DG S200
    Flat Stick (34") - Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Matador Mid
  • 3fiddyz3fiddyz Members Posts: 300 ✭✭

As hes not with them anymore and as Bonobos dont make shoes, guess he has had to look elsewhere :)
    https://www.golfdigest.com/story/justin-roses-whimsical-prints-for-bethpage-and-where-to-buy-each-piece

• drvrwdgedrvrwdge Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭

@Warrick said:
    Looks like Roshe Tour, lot of guys seem to wear them, my favorite, have 4 pair. The best thing, one of Nike’s least expensive shoes

Yep. Have 3 pair including the recent Safari Pack release. I actually prefer them to my Tour Premieres.

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper

I knew he was Bonobos just didn’t put two and two together about no longer being with Adidas footwear. He had still been wearing them with his Bonobos apparel.

On a side note the Bonobos Highland Tour Golf pants and shorts are the best I’ve worn.

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX

WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,703 ClubWRX

Of course he is wearing the contrasting swoosh version of the roshe that isn't available to the public. Get with the program Nike...

WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Members Posts: 1,467 ✭✭
    edited May 15, 2019 7:14pm #9

@drvrwdge said:
    I knew he was Bonobos just didn’t put two and two together about no longer being with Adidas footwear. He had still been wearing them with his Bonobos apparel.

On a side note the Bonobos Highland Tour Golf pants and shorts are the best I’ve worn.

Man I wanted to like Bonobos (I still do love their prints, now if only someone else would make the same), but then I realized they were owned by Wal-Mart and I immediately got the "nopes." (I'll admit this sounds sanctimonious and I also understand that the vast majority of things I own are made by giant corporations that treat workers poorly and have little interest in anything other than the almighty dollar, but I take special umbrage with how Wal-Mart destroys local businesses).

On a more related note: Are the Roshe Tours that nice? I do like the way they look, but I've never tried them on as I'm a pretty staunch Puma shoe guy.

@brianhorne8 said:

@drvrwdge said:

Man I wanted to like Bonobos (I still do love their prints, now if only someone else would make the same), but then I realized they were owned by Wal-Mart and I immediately got the "nopes." (I'll admit this sounds sanctimonious and I also understand that the vast majority of things I own are made by giant corporations that treat workers poorly and have little interest in anything other than the almighty dollar, but I take special umbrage with how Wal-Mart destroys local businesses).

On a more related note: Are the Roshe Tours that nice? I do like the way they look, but I've never tried them on as I'm a pretty staunch Puma shoe guy.

I would say yes they are that nice. Stable lightweight comfortable I basically check all of the boxes. And they’re stylish! I think that is directly represented by how many of their staffers actually wear them

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • waylmanwaylman twitter.com/DrinkSmokeGolf West LAMembers Posts: 146 ✭✭

@cvhookem63 said:
    Of course he is wearing the contrasting swoosh version of the roshe that isn't available to the public. Get with the program Nike...

https://www.nike.com/t/roshe-g-tour-mens-golf-shoe-gBVhhv/AR5580-002

• cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers Posts: 380 ✭✭
    edited May 15, 2019 8:44pm #12

the shirt with pineapples is a little much for me, even tho i do love them.

@waylman said:

@cvhookem63 said:

https://www.nike.com/t/roshe-g-tour-mens-golf-shoe-gBVhhv/AR5580-002

Not the same shoe those have the vault bottom the ones that are a tour exclusive or all white with the black swish.

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,073 ✭✭

His whole outfit looks better in those Roshe than the 4orged.

He had been wearing Nikes in workouts; interesting to see it's translated to on the course now

@drvrwdge said:

@brianhorne8 said:

@drvrwdge said:

I would say yes they are that nice. Stable lightweight comfortable I basically check all of the boxes. And they’re stylish! I think that is directly represented by how many of their staffers actually wear them

Appreciate that! I'm going to look into replacing a pair this season with these.

• fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭

Another reason not to buy them

Nike Zoom Precision
    Adidas Tour360 2.0
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang

@fredstar said:
    Another reason not to buy them

??

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • TinkerGolfManTinkerGolfMan Tinker Golf Man Members Posts: 1,207 ✭✭

Crazy to see him in non-adidas.

TaylorMade 2019 M1 9°, Aldila Rogue 110, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align Midsize
    Bomb Tech 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Oban Devotion, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Nike Golf Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Mizuno JPX 919/ 4-6 Forged Irons /7-PW Tour Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Artisan Golf ★ custom 50°, 54°, 58°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4
    Titleist Scotty Cameron 2016 Select Newport 2, SC Custom Shop work: Black Refinish, High-Buff shaft band, Yellow School Bus SC Matador, Face/Weight Stamps.
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,764 ✭✭

@brianhorne8 said:

Not to get too far offline, but you should read a little about Andy Dunn, the guy who founded Bonobos and is the CEO. They were bought by Walmart in 2017, but he's still a very involved leader of the company and is outspoken about a lot of topics including social issues / employee rights / small businesses.

Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Graphite Design AD-IZ 6S
    Rogue 15  fairway stock PX Even Flow Blue S
    Rogue 21 4 hybrid stock Synergy S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W

@Togatown22 said:

@brianhorne8 said:

Not to get too far offline, but you should read a little about Andy Dunn, the guy who founded Bonobos and is the CEO. They were bought by Walmart in 2017, but he's still a very involved leader of the company and is outspoken about a lot of topics including social issues / employee rights / small businesses.

I'll do some reading. Thanks for pointing this out!

• iBanestoiBanesto Niclas Fasth Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭

@cvhookem63 said:

Rose is looking good in the Nike kicks.

• GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,526 ✭✭

@Warrick said:

How do the Roshe Tour compare to the Tour Premier?
    I have a pair of the Non-Tour Roshe from last year. The looks great but they hurt my arch sometimes.

Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? ClubWRX Posts: 7,526 ✭✭

@drvrwdge said:

@Warrick said:

Yep. Have 3 pair including the recent Safari Pack release. I actually prefer them to my Tour Premieres.

How would you compare them to the non-tour Roshe?

Cobra F9 8* Atmos Blue 6S
    XR Steelhead 15* Atmos Red 7S
    818 H1 Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Pro V1x / CSX

WITB Link

@GC70 said:

@drvrwdge said:

@Warrick said:

How would you compare them to the non-tour Roshe?

100x’s better. The original Roshe’s were ok but these having the leather uppers is a drastic improvement concerning stability and comfort in my opinion.

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Members Posts: 4,777 ✭✭

Hard to concentrate on the shoes with the out there shirts that he is wearing.

Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • fredstarfredstar Members Posts: 1,203 ✭✭

@MattyO1984 said:
    Hard to concentrate on the shoes with the out there shirts that he is wearing.

Horrible! What is it with the pineapples and golf apparel?

Nike Zoom Precision
    Adidas Tour360 2.0
    Nike TW13
    Nike Lunar Control 4
    Jordan Flight Runner
    Ecco Biom Hybrid

Callaway Rogue Driver
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3 wood
    Srixon u45 20*, 23*
    Ping i200 Irons
    Ping Glide 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey RSX Milled Fang
  • NJGolfer0624NJGolfer0624 Members Posts: 111 ✭✭

Anytime the big players switch to Nike, it takes a few months for me to get used to it. Rory, Day and now Rose. I saw him hit a shot and noticed them, caught me by surprise.

• averysdadaverysdad Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭

Does this mean that the Adidas were just not comfortable at all? I’d Imagine he has tons of them still. Or does it mean that Nike is paying him something to wear them?

• sandtrapsandtrap Members Posts: 820 ✭✭

Funny how guys no longer under contract, seldom use or wear what the were paid to use. They have tons of the stuff and must have liked it at least a little bit. Is it spite or they just played it for the money and really would have preferred other stuff the whole time. Could be, I’ve eaten pizza everyday for 3 years I just want something else, anything else theory?

@averysdad said:
    Does this mean that the Adidas were just not comfortable at all? I’d Imagine he has tons of them still. Or does it mean that Nike is paying him something to wear them?

I’m sure it’s $$$. I’m partial to Nike but any of the Adidas stuff with the Boost tech in it is hands down the most comfortable stuff you can buy.

Ping i500 3i PX 6.5
    Ping i210 4-pw PX 6.5
    '19 Srixon Z Star XV
    Jones Utility Trouper