Spieth New Shoes @ NorthernTrust

Number2Number2 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

I don't have photos bc I'm not sure how copyright works on this site, but JS has a new model on today. Looks like a
(gorgeous) cross between HOVR's and Spieth 3's. Any photos, info, etc would be wildly appreciated :)

Comments

• scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

Did they look like the ones Fitzpatrick was wearing last week?

• scotty_2987scotty_2987 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
  • ATXHornATXHorn Members Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope these turn out to be some cool new spikeless shoe.

Ping G400 Max w/HZDUS Yellow 7X
    Rogue FW w/HZDUS Yellow 8X
    3-5i Ping i500 w/steelfiber 110x
    6i-PW Ping iBlade w/steelfiber 110x
    50SS & 54SS Stealth Glide 2.0 - 60 Glide Forged w/Paderson Wedge Stiff
    Ping PLD3 w/counterbalanced PP60
    Titleist AVX or Chromesoft
  • maomaobearmaomaobear Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

Looks like the Spieth 3 upper with a spikeless version of the HOVR Drive midsole

@maomaobear said:
    Looks like the Spieth 3 upper with a spikeless version of the HOVR Drive midsole

Really does look like what you are describing, I could not catch a good look at the bottoms but only saw the putts on 18.

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Those shoes are out of bounds like many of Spieth’s tee shots with his driver!

Taylormade M6 driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 S Flex
    Taylormade M6 fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S Flex
    Taylormade M4 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S Flex
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S flex
    Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08 and 62-08 Modus3 115 Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5M H17 Jet Setter 
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M
    Scotty Cameron Futura 7M
    Titleist Yellow Pro V1
  • Number2Number2 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭✭

Next to "hilarious" & "totally creative" jokes from people who don't like them, thank you all for the info/pics. I'd like to see these hit the market, since I don't think HOVR midsole currently comes in a spikeless model.

• drew1527drew1527 Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drew1527 said:

Thanks so much!! Here's hoping that this ("Spieth HOVR SL"?) is available by the time fall hits PA.

• maomaobearmaomaobear Members Posts: 6 ✭✭

I think what this likely means is that the Spieth 4 will have HOVR in them. He's probably testing out the cushioning system, or feels that it is much more comfortable than what's currently in the Spieth 3 so asked UA to build him a hybrid pair

edited Aug 9, 2019 4:15am #12

@Number2 said:

@drew1527 said:

Thanks so much!! Here's hoping that this ("Spieth HOVR SL"?) is available by the time fall hits PA.

@maomaobear said:
    I think what this likely means is that the Spieth 4 will have HOVR in them. He's probably testing out the cushioning system, or feels that it is much more comfortable than what's currently in the Spieth 3 so asked UA to build him a hybrid pair

I hope you are both correct. I'd also add that if these are ready to go, let's hope UA releases them ASAP.
    Hey UA, it's ok to not have your logo/brand be so loud every once in a while.

• ibradleyibradley Members Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if UA has sold many Spieth shoes over the years. Doesn’t seem so.

@ibradley said:
    I wonder if UA has sold many Spieth shoes over the years. Doesn’t seem so.

Depends where you play. If you spend the season at one or two small-town courses (my high school years), you're more likely to see New Balance Dad Premium Walking & Sitting Shoes or 7 year old 45$ FJ's than anything UA. If you hit the larger/championship courses, you'll see a few pair without looking too hard. If they didn't sell em, they wouldn't make em year after year. Right?

• JJBonyaiJJBonyai Members Posts: 22 ✭✭

My bet is they release these as the Spieth 3 HOVR, or just "Spieth HOVR" and do not explicitly release a Spieth 4.
    ..Unless it's part of his contract to have an updated signature shoe every year.
    No idea what UAs golf strategy is, but they need more than Spieth (and Fitz). They need multiple top guys wearing a premium model.
    For comparison, Nike is well placed to drop a Tour Premiere 2 as Koepka and Wolfs shoe (and they should disable the TW line and make a Tour Premier TW edition so Tiger fans can still have Tiger's shoe) The original TP was supposed to be a TW shoe, so I don't think this is too unrealistic. Ok that was a little bit of a tangent.

Totally agree ^
    I have a casual theory here; there's a decent handful of tour players that wear UA apparel, but use FJ shoes. On the other side, GMac has never worn UA (that I'm aware of), yet he used Spieth 1's for a season or two. My theory is that they're still testing the golf market/tour presence, such that they don't want to make significant investments like "other brands" bc they aren't sure it really matters for sales. What they keep missing on is hype. Initially, they had this (2014-16ish) with the prototype shoes (would still drain my accounts to get a pair) and D1's, but they frustrated us by not stocking their s***!! They need to build hype. And they're trying, with the Curry range coming out soon.
    To summarize, I think they're still investigating novelty & hype vs traditional golf marketing (e.g., tour presence)

• drew1527drew1527 Members Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m thinking the Spieth 3 didnt do so hot this season. I noticed most retailers and UA.com still has all 3 pairs of special edition Spieth 3’s and never even sold out. I’ve worn only ua golf shoes since the drive one and didn’t even have interest in these this year with all the cloth type material. Though I have been tempted to try the SL so these have me interested.

I also stayed away from the 3's for the same reason; cloth stuff. My concern is spending 200, and they look dirty immediately...BUT, I'd buy a pair of the all black when they hit outlet. So far, the 3's and the prototypes are the only Spieth shoe I don't have (3x D1's, 3x Tempo tour, 1x Spieth1's, 1x Spieth2's, and the Mids)

• PowerFade36PowerFade36 Members Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hoping to see a Spieth shoe with hovr and boa

• jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

UA support has no knowledge of pics above. The lack of answers from their phone line or chat line is comical. I asked them if Matt and Jordan were making their own shoes now with scissors and glue.

• 68bronco68bronco Members Posts: 41 ✭✭

Jordan wasn’t the lead dog on tour this season so I’m curious if the UA hat logo was new over the weekend? I admittedly hadn’t noticed it all season. Possible oversight?

• jerrytexastechjerrytexastech Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

PER "Ask Under Armour" twitter account, the shoes appear to be a Spieth exclusive for now. Shocker, I know.

• MillerLowLifeMillerLowLife Members Posts: 712 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed these as well watching the tournament and it was the first time that I saw a UA should and generally liked it. I would actually buy this shoe over appearance alone without trying it on.

• MontanagolfMontanagolf Members Posts: 58 ✭✭

@MillerLowLife said:
    I noticed these as well watching the tournament and it was the first time that I saw a UA should and generally liked it. I would actually buy this shoe over appearance alone without trying it on.

My thoughts exactly...depending on price, of course...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file