Mitsubishi's new MMT 125 gram iron shaft - Sept 2019

GolfWRX ·  
GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals  9002WRX Points: 670Posts: 9,002 Marshals

imageimageimageimage

Posted:

Comments

• bfizzybfizzy San DiegoMembers  293WRX Points: 130Handicap: +1Posts: 293 Greens

On -, @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL how are these going to differ from the OTi?
    Posted:
    TM SIM Max 9.0* - Tensei Pro White 70TX
    TM M5 15* - Mitsubishi Diamana DF 70tx
    Titleist 816 H2 19* - Tensei Pro White 90tx
     TM P790 UDI 17* - Tensei Pro White 100 TX
    TM P790 3 Iron - KBS $-Taper X
    TM P7TW 4-PW - Nippon Modus 120 TX / Miura MC 501 4-PW - KBS $-Taper X
    Taylormade MG2 52* / 56* DG TI S400
    Taylormade Hi Toe 60* Fujikura MCI Wedge Graphite 
    Putter: Tyson Lamb Allendale / Kronos Golf Prototype / Spider X 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Sponsors  160WRX Points: 205Posts: 160 Fairways

On -, @bfizzy said:

On -, @MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL how are these going to differ from the OTi?

The OTi and MMT use different Prepreg Technology.

OT is constructed using Tow PrePreg with our Braided Technology.

MMT uses a patent pending process where we combine 304 Stainless Steel with our prepreg, and then use to construct our shafts.

The pictured 125 Gram prototype is new and is testing an experimental application of the Metal Mesh, which is different from the current aftermarket model.

MMT Taper specs can be found here: http://www.mca-golf.com/products/mmt™-taper-irons

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Team MCA

Posted:
    Post edited by MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL on
  • Steel DilloSteel Dillo Members  253WRX Points: 103Posts: 253 Greens

I prefer a heavier weight graphite, so I'm still gaming the OG Matrix Program 130s.
    Would love to see how these work for me, but they will probably be priced out of a range that I will spend.

Posted:
  • YarraYarra Members  879WRX Points: 83Posts: 879 Golden Tee

On -, @Steel Dillo said:

I prefer a heavier weight graphite, so I'm still gaming the OG Matrix Program 130s.
    Would love to see how these work for me, but they will probably be priced out of a range that I will spend.

There are a lot of better, and I mean BETTER, shaft that came out after the Program 130. ..

Posted:
  • autronicdsmautronicdsm Members  810WRX Points: 100Handicap: 999Posts: 810 Golden Tee

Let us know if you have any questions!

-Team MCA

Are these out yet? Press release said 9/1 but I haven't seen them for sale yet online.

Posted:
  • MITSUBISHI CHEMICALMITSUBISHI CHEMICAL Sponsors  160WRX Points: 205Posts: 160 Fairways

On -, @autronicdsm DM us if you need assistance finding MMT Taper iron shafts!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • wayne113wayne113 Members  8WRX Points: 60Posts: 8 Bunkers

So I’ve been using the DGS400 for years and I still think it’s the perfect flex for me, but I’m looking to go graphite due to my back issues. What would come close to S400 when it comes to flex? Thinking in MMT 105 to go a bit lighter. Thanks

Posted:
  • nfreda2211nfreda2211 ClubWRX  136WRX Points: 56Handicap: 5Posts: 136 ClubWRX

I went from px 6.0 to the mmt 105s and it’s been great so far. They are the most accurate shaft I have ever played. I will say after my first range session I was a little unsure what I thought, but after my first full round I was in love.

Posted:
    Posted:
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7803WRX Points: 322Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,803 Titanium Tees

How come all the OEM website only show the under 80 gram shafts? Can you a order the heavier ones through them or do we have order through Mitsubishi?

Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • bladehunterbladehunter south carolinaMembers  30917WRX Points: 7,191Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,917 Titanium Tees

Seems like there are two different iterations. Above and below 80g.

shaft technologies and will people’s ( people’s clubs) have the above 80 options in stock. It’s an extremely good shaft

Posted:

Advertisement

there is a parallel tip version with even number weight numbers, 70,80,90

and a taper tip which are odd numbers 75,85,105.

The taper tip are lower launch and spin.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.