***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Best public courses in East TN?

moorebaseball ·  
moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members  646WRX Points: 89Posts: 646 Golden Tee

Looking for help with your favorite courses besides Sewanee and Sweetens Cove as I have already play these courses and they are very good. Thanks for the help!

Posted:

Comments

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Members  2656WRX Points: 1,048Posts: 2,656 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ShankyouverymuchShankyouverymuch Members  21WRX Points: 26Posts: 21 Bunkers

Gatlinburg Golf Club is one of my favorite courses. It is located in what is now Pigeon Forge.

Posted:
  • golfgoobgolfgoob Members  380WRX Points: 88Posts: 380 Greens

In the Knoxville area, Rarity Bay, the 3 Tellico Village courses, if they are still open to the public, Windriver, Avalon, River Islands, 2 courses at Sevierville. That's just a few from south of Knoxville and up.

Posted:
  • VolnutVolnut Members  93WRX Points: 62Posts: 93 Fairways

I'll add Tennessee National as well. Rarity Bay is probably my favorite in the area. Closed on Mondays.

Posted:
  • ConditionsWereToughConditionsWereTough Members  5WRX Points: 7Posts: 5 Bunkers

If you can get in windriver that’s a cool track.

Posted:
  • Joey VailJoey Vail Members  14WRX Points: 18Handicap: 10Posts: 14 Bunkers

i like it too

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Jsp3316Jsp3316 Members  49WRX Points: 37Posts: 49 Bunkers
    Posted:
  • krawchukerykrawchukery Members  77WRX Points: 77Posts: 77 Fairways

Rarity Bay is a great course

Posted:
  • gray7340gray7340 Members  99WRX Points: 48Handicap: 6.1Posts: 99 Fairways

Graysburg Hills original 18 in Chuckey, TN

Posted:
  • me05501me05501 Members  445WRX Points: 36Posts: 445 Greens

I'm in Chattanooga. The Bear Trace at Harrison Bay is popular here. The Bear Trace at Tim's Ford isn't that far from Sewanee. In fact it's more scenic to cut through Sewanee and Cowan to get over to the course.

I enjoy Nob North which is just south of here near Dalton, GA.

Among the other courses mentioned above I like Rarity Bay and have had a good time at Avalon, Willow Creek and Egwani Farms.

TN National is great too. Generally speaking when players have to speculate whether a course is private or not, it is highly likely that you can get on with a phone call, especially when booking for a foursome.

Posted:
  • alphabits12alphabits12 Members  48WRX Points: 10Posts: 48 Bunkers

I used to play a lot at Willow Creek. I thought it was in pretty good shape then... However, that was about 20 years ago when I lived there. Wondering if it’s not in as good a shape since it didn’t get a mention on here. I’ll second Rarity Bay, it was a good track

Posted:

Advertisement
  • alphabits12alphabits12 Members  48WRX Points: 10Posts: 48 Bunkers

River Islands was great too, the fairways were zoysia and the ball felt like it was teed up every time.

Posted:
  • braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6632WRX Points: 1,923Handicap: 8Posts: 6,632 Titanium Tees

This thread is interesting since I'd like to retire somewhere in Eastern Tennessee .

Posted:
    Titleist TS2
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Titleist 818 H2 19 Hybrid
    Titleist 816 H2 23 Hybrid
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    TM ATV grind 56
    KZG Forged 60 LW
    Bettenardi Studio Stock #3 F.I.T.
    Snell MTB 

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,500Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees

I second this. I have played it a few times while visiting family in JC.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32920WRX Points: 3,500Posts: 32,920 Titanium Tees

I have family in upper east Tennessee (Johnson City), and really like it. Golf is less expensive, winters are a lot shorter, and it's near the mountains.

Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.