LIVE ROCKETBLADEZ Q&A with TaylorMade! Thursday, Oct. 25 1-3PM ET! Win RBLADEZ TOUR IRONS!

HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes.The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,289 mod
edited Oct 25, 2012 in Industry Chats #1
WRX EXCLUSIVE!

Town Hall: RocketBladez Tour Irons

THURSDAY 1PM ET: TaylorMade Golf’s iron product experts will join WRX for two hours of LIVE Q&A

THIS HAS ENDED: CLICK HERE FOR THE START OF THE ARCHIVED Q&A

As you’re all aware, TaylorMade Golf is coming off one of its most significant product launches in company history with the reveal of RocketBladez and RocketBladez Tour irons via a webcast on Tuesday with President and CEO, Mark King, and Executive Vice President, Sean Toulon.

For over 10 hours, they hosted a global webcast on their home page in which they revealed product information, images, presale for the product, and perhaps most significantly, opened their home page to questions from golfers around the world. Combining all social channels, they told us they answered more than 500 questions from golfers. The premise was simple: Here’s TaylorMade’s revolutionary new iron – one they believe is the biggest advancement in 40 years - so, what do you want to know about it?

Quite a bit, they discovered. And just as they understand that golfers have plenty of questions about the market version, they are 100 percent aware of the energy in this community to learn more about RocketBladez Tour. Questions ranging from Tour testing to the shape of the irons and everything in between. What was behind Sean O’Hair’s prototype models? How did they decide on the camouflage badging? How do they compare to the Tour Preferred line-up? What is the plan for the Tour rollout? What has been feedback from players who game a traditional Tour Preferred MB?

Luckily for WRX, TaylorMade has agreed to bring their product experts inside our community walls once again for a live and exclusive two-hour chat tomorrow right here on GolfWRX.

We're using this thread take your questions for TaylorMade about the RocketBladez Tour irons… and as mentioned their product and R&D experts will be here tomorrow for a Town Hall-style chat from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. EST to answer.

Feel free to leave your questions starting today and join us tomorrow.

PS:

If you need some incentive to leave a good question: TaylorMade is giving 2 early sets of the RocketBladez Tour irons to GolfWRX. Anyone who gets a question answered will be entered into a random drawing for a shot at one of the two sets.

Good luck and fire away!

THIS HAS ENDED: CLICK HERE FOR THE START OF THE ARCHIVED Q&A
Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 31,000 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #2
    Wow, thanks Hip and TM!!!

Why did you decide not to bring these out in a forged version since you had great success with the forged tour preferred line in the past year? In addition to that, why was the TP logo not added to the tour irons?
  • Kadin 25Kadin 25 BIG K Members, Featured Writer Posts: 6,652
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #3
    Thank you for taking the time to educate us on your new product release.

With the speed slot design aiming to assist with lower faced hits or "thin hits" what affect will this have on flushed hits as far as distance control is concerned?

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                    Editor Product Reviews
                    Product Tester/Review Panel
                    Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                    See ya on the green...Kadin

• hoganfan924hoganfan924 Members Posts: 5,185
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #4
    Why did TM not put the speed slot into the 8-PW? Why would it not be advantageous to do so?
    I play a 58 deg. lie 6 iron. How much can the lies be flattened?
  • huynhhuynh Members Posts: 27
    Will you eventually release an MB set with the slot technology? If not, is it expected that players gaming the current Tour Preferred MBs will want to switch to the RocketBladez Tour irons?
  • HoldTheLagHoldTheLag The greatest pleasure is obtained by improving. Members Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭
    Will RocketBladez irons give me more distance compared to the RocketBallz irons?
    Any plans to put the slot technology into a forged iron?
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks TM and Hip for allowing us the opportunity to ask about RocketBladez!

My question is, with "consistent distance" being a priority in the design of the speed pocket, why wasnt the speed pocket added in the 8-PW? Let's say you do get a consistent distance from 3-7 irons with an increase in distance, wouldnt the 8-PW be somewhat shorter due to lack of the speed pocket?
  • smgoldsteinsmgoldstein Members Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    • My question is do you need a certain swing speed to make this speed slot effective? If you are a slower swing speed golfer will you not generate enought speed to create a "trampoline effect."?
  • Noyes26Noyes26 Members Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the speed slot affect the actual weighting of the head? Was weight put into a more useful position to compensate for it, like what is done with drivers?
    PING G400 LST 10* Tensei Pro Orange
    TI 16 Tmag M2 16.5 Tensei Pro White
    Taylormade P790 3-PW KBS $-Taper
    Vokey SM7 54, 60
    Few CT's
    WITB Link
  • 3 piece3 piece Members Posts: 246 ✭✭
    First let me say I think Taylormade does a great job of bringing technology not just to golf but to the golfing public and that they do a good job marketing it. My question: How or will you address the information that Wilson Golf posted earlier stating that they used slot technology called "Reflex" design in irons back in 1979?
  • RonSwansonRonSwanson Honor: if you need it defined, you don’t have it. ClubWRX Posts: 1,712 ClubWRX
    After checking the specs of both the Tour and standard Rocketbladez, it seems there is quite a discrepancy in loft and length. The standard Rocketbladez being longer in length, from what I can tell at least .5" longer, and stronger lofted, by about 3*, in the longer clubs and tapering down to much closer to "industry standard" for the PW.

On the other hand the Tour Rocketbladez are not as strongly lofted and are slightly shorter in length in some cases than what seems to be industry standard.

Is this solely based on the needs/wants (more distance) of the target player market for each iron? Or were these changes required to achieve the required ball flight b/c of the launch characteristics and technology of the new heads?
  • jhitch001jhitch001 Members Posts: 31
    With the ICT and Speed Pocket technology, was there ever any concern with the structural integrity of the face of the irons? Is there a COR difference between regular irons and the new RocketBlades and if so, what is it?
  • SageMSageM Mostly Left Armless Members Posts: 21
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #15
    Can you explain what changes have been incorporated into the RocketBladez Irons that allows for the higher trajectory? Also, how does the speed pocket perform in less than ideal lies?
  • xerproxerpro Is it weird that my 3 wood has lower loft than my driver? Members Posts: 2,306 ✭✭
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #16
    Thanks for taking the time to answer questions for all of us regarding the Tour Irons, and thank you to TMAG and WRX for the great giveaway.

With the speed pocket offering an tremendous increase in ballspeed across the face on fairway woods and hybrids, how fast could you make the irons? Did these come close to COR rating of metalwoods, hence the slowing down of the face? Is this control what yields the consistent distance.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade M4 9.5* AD-GP 6
    Taylormade m2 15* Motore Speeder 7.2TSX
    R15 21* Speeder 869X
    Adams XTD 5-PW Aldila Rip Tour 115
    MD4 52/58 MD3 64
    OG Scotty Cameron Futura 33"
  • ReinyDaysReinyDays Members Posts: 150
    Why is there such a big difference in length and loft between the rocketbladez and tour versions?
  • wcbjrwcbjr Members Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Oct 24, 2012 #18
    Will KBS Tour R, S, X be the only standard stiffness options? What about S+? It would seem silly to have the same shaft as an upcharge.
  • John KreeseJohn Kreese Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a player that consistently hits the center of the clubface, what advantage do the Rocketbladez hold over the MB irons that many of your staffers use?
  • zukszoozukszoo Members Posts: 362 ✭✭
    How does the slot affect the feel/sound of impact? Does it give the cast head a more forged feel?
  • Caesar PalacheCaesar Palache So I got that going for me, which is nice ClubWRX Posts: 2,775
    how does the new tour iron compare to the mb/mc models in terms of workability. i assume with the larger sweet spot its easier to make the ball go straighter and thus makes it more forgiving. but does this mean it will be harder to shape and work the ball? one thing i love about my mc's is that they are more forgiving then a blade, but i can still work them any way i want.
    Taylormade M4 8.5 Oban Kiyoshi White
    Taylormade Aeroburner 15* Diamana S+ 72
    Taylormade SLDR 17* Hybrid S+ 82
    Taylormade P770 4-PW KBS Ctaper Lite
    Taylormade Milled Grind 51* 55* 60*
    Taylormade Spider Ghost
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How does the speed slot affect spin on the ball?
  • moller63moller63 Members Posts: 107
    Do you need a cavity iron for the slot to be effective, or could this technology be used in a muscle-back iron such as your MB line?
  • drifter12drifter12 Members Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the opportunity to ask questions and the giveaway TM and WRX! My bag is mostly TaylorMade except I have AP1 irons and a Scotty putter. I've been planning to move to either the AP2 or JPX825 Pro, but the RBladez Tour may be the right choice instead and I'm looking forward to trying it.

My question is: I know that the distance gains have been posted for RockeBladez vs. competitors. Will there be comparisons for the tour version instead? Also, was the polyurethane by 3M in the pocket designed specifically for this application, and can you explain all its purposes? Is it visible in the pocket, and does it ever need to be replaced?
    TaylorMade M1 9.5
    Titleist 906F4 15.5
    TaylorMade Aeroburner 19
    Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 5-PW
    Mizuno MP-T4 52/58
    Bettinardi SS7
  • John KreeseJohn Kreese Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any plans to release different finishes? Perhaps white:)
    Why are these called blades when they are clearly cavity-backed?
  • krw9963krw9963 Members Posts: 606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the design of the head How did you decide on what shaft to use and will changing to a different shaft effect the dynamics to maximize its potential?
  • Jonny8Jonny8 Members Posts: 242
    is the RocketbladeZ Tour going to see Tour use?

Who is going to play it?

Any plans to release a forged version, if not why?
  • DeeKKDeeKK Members Posts: 103
    Will the speed slot technology be included in future driver offerings?

Any reasoning behind black and gold color scheme? Which looks amazing btw.
    Nike CT 2.0 10.5*- Fuji Pro 63x
    Nike CP 2.0 15*- Fuji Pro TS 73X
    Ping Anser 20*- RIP Alpha 105x
    Ping i20 4-PW - KBS TourV 130x
    Titleist SM5 52*F, 56*F, 60*K - KBS 130x
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • tfshirttfshirt Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Is there any distance lost for those golfers with a much slower swing speed if they were to use these clubs? Or are RocketBladez able to add distance to golfers of a variety of swing types and swing speeds?
    Who decided to release their irons on October 23rd first? TM, Callaway, or Titleist?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file