Shot Scope V2 - GPS Watch with Tracking

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they couldn't get someone to supply quality usb cables...

It has come to our attention that a small percentage of the USB cables provided with Shot Scope V2s have an intermittent fault.

If you are having issues connecting to the desktop app, we recommend trying any micro USB cable you may have at home to allow you to connect. Using a micro USB cable for phones, cameras and other data transferring devices will likely resolve the problem. If you do not have a suitable cable, please let us know and a replacement will be sent out to you as a priority.

We would like to apologise to any and all customers who have been impacted by this issue.

Your support and understanding is hugely appreciated and we’re on hand to chat through any concerns you may have.

With thanks,

Team Shot Scope

You mean the fake shipping email? That meant you really needed to complete the payment process? There's been no emails about actual shipping with any tracking info

Emailed their customer service and they confirmed my order shipped. They have replied promptly to all of my questions

So they did provide any tracking info? Like who it shipped with? If it was UPS or FedEx I would have gotten a notification.

You mean the fake shipping email? That meant you really needed to complete the payment process? There's been no emails about actual shipping with any tracking info

Emailed their customer service and they confirmed my order shipped. They have replied promptly to all of my questions

So they did provide any tracking info? Like who it shipped with? If it was UPS or FedEx I would have gotten a notification.

No they said it shipped on the 10th from the UK but it goes to their Chicago distribution center and then from there ships to me so I won't get a tracking number. They said to expect 7-10 business days total transit time.

Anyone got any reviews yet?

I’m waiting for reviews before deciding spending the extra on this vs game golf.

In the Bag

Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1 460

3W - Titleist TS3 14.25º

Srixon ZX-U 18° Iron bent 1° weak - KBS Tour Prototype Hybrid 85g

Irons - Taylormade P770 - N.S. PRO Modus³ Tour 120, 2º flat

Wedges - 50° Vokey SM7, 54° Vokey SM7, 60° TM HiToe/60° Callaway MD3 PM Grind

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Wow! I think everyone needs to just take a breath & relax.

For those of us that live in the Midwest or points north of Indianapolis: are you REALLY dying to go out & play golf? I think not.

I received notification that my V2 has shipped. From where? Tracking number? Via what service?

YES...the Shot Scope Team has MUCH to learn (and is HOPEFULLY listening-to/viewing this feedback, because they have botched things along-the-way & have MUCH to learn from this).

Bad silkscreens? Defective USB cables? Welcome to the world of Tier 2/ Tier 3 suppliers....people trying to keep their companies afloat in a competitive marketplace.

I think Shot Scope, as a company, had NO concept of how hungry we golfers have been of the technology/services they offer. And they were/are simply overwhelmed.

No...I am not an agent of their company, but I am a proponent of them & their technology/services/product. Just as you, I await my shipment & am excited to have their product in-hand....if only to await Spring & favorable golfing conditions. I co't wishnsider myself a 'die-hard' but don't wish frostbite to 'play with my new toy'.

Shot Scope Team: learn from this so the launch of V3 isn't quite the cluster-f*** this has been so far

I'm waiting for reviews before deciding spending the extra on this vs game golf.

No. Nobody has any reviews because nobody has product in-hand, and it is transitioning to 'winter' in much of the US...which will preclude many of us (who don't travel) to offer any reviews until ~ April 2018.

I looked at all of the systems available. This Shot Scope V2 is the only one that doesn't require a player to 'tag' their clubs against a transponder, nor keep a phone in their front pocket (which some of us find annoying).

At this point, you have a couple of options: buy a Game Golf system (you know/can read what's required), invest in a Shot Scope V2 - sight-unseen - and hope they deliver on their promises of not having to tag every club/shot, or hang onto your money until April 2018 when players can venture-out & put this product through its' paces.

I'm waiting for reviews before deciding spending the extra on this vs game golf.

No. Nobody has any reviews because nobody has product in-hand, and it is transitioning to 'winter' in much of the US...which will preclude many of us (who don't travel) to offer any reviews until ~ April 2018.

I looked at all of the systems available. This Shot Scope V2 is the only one that doesn't require a player to 'tag' their clubs against a transponder, nor keep a phone in their front pocket (which some of us find annoying).

At this point, you have a couple of options: buy a Game Golf system (you know/can read what's required), invest in a Shot Scope V2 - sight-unseen - and hope they deliver on their promises of not having to tag every club/shot, or hang onto your money until April 2018 when players can venture-out & put this product through its' paces.

What is this winter in America that you are referring to? :wave: Hello from Scottsdale

Having used the V1 system I am confident that it is the most seamless user experience on the golf course for tracking all facets of the game. My issue with them has been the stats package being subpar but they say they are addressing it.

I am personally very excited to use this product in the next few months from Florida and the fact that 10 calendar days after they say they are going to ship I have no tracking number or even confirmation email from them that they shipped is not terribly professional but they are a newer company and they are doing the hardest part right, product and customer service/response. The idea that people shouldn't be excited and expecting the product they pay for because of geography is a little silly

I agree about the lack of shipping info. People keep saying on here they got a shipping email. Wrong. Everyone who pre-ordered got that same email and it was not a shipping notice. You had to go back and finish the payment before anything was ever going to ship. Now we all did that and we wait for something to hopefully show up while hoping its not yet another "we regret to inform you" email. I think most of us use UPS My Choice and or the FedEx version so we'd know if anything was actually coming.

I received this today;

All of our US orders were shipped to our fulfillment company on November 10th. However, we were held up at customs for several days. As such our units only arrived at our distribution center on Friday 17th. Your unit will be out for delivery to you today and hopefully it will be with you in the next few days. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Got mine today (upper midwest) from USPS.

Can't connect to android phone over bluetooth. Needs a password/pin and none is provided. Luckily, I can't golf outside until April...maybe they'll have that sorted out by then.

Got mine today too, and I have an android phone too. You'll need to connect it via the phone app and then on the watch select the bluetooth button (lower right). It's not like pairing it to a regular device (you don't go through your bluetooth settings on the phone)--not super intuitive, but it'll work. Or use the included cable, download the windows or mac desktop app and do it that way. Let me know if you have questions. I'm downloading some courses right now.

Got mine today (upper midwest) from USPS.

Can't connect to android phone over bluetooth. Needs a password/pin and none is provided. Luckily, I can't golf outside until April...maybe they'll have that sorted out by then.

They recently emailed a troubleshooting guide with this info:

Bluetooth Pin

Some Android phones are set up to automatically request a pin from any device which connects via Bluetooth. This is an additional security feature on your mobile device and is not specific to Shot Scope. If you have set up a Bluetooth pin, please enter that. Otherwise, Android’s default pins are 0000 or 1234. This should authorize the connection and allow you to proceed.

Hope this helps

Got mine today too, and I have an android phone too. You'll need to connect it via the phone app and then on the watch select the bluetooth button (lower right). It's not like pairing it to a regular device (you don't go through your bluetooth settings on the phone)--not super intuitive, but it'll work. Or use the included cable, download the windows or mac desktop app and do it that way. Let me know if you have questions. I'm downloading some courses right now.

Yep. I was trying to connect like any other bluetooth device. Just connecting via the instructions (duh.) worked. Oops.

Odd though.

Yep. I was trying to connect like any other bluetooth device. Just connecting via the instructions (duh.) worked. Oops.

Odd though.

Well, alls well that ends well, I guess. Now we gotta get out on the course and figure that out too. The watch takes a while to charge (at least via pc usb charge), so make sure you plug it in well before your next round, I can see that being an issue--not something you can just charge in the car on the way over to the course.

Odd though.

Well, alls well that ends well, I guess. Now we gotta get out on the course and figure that out too. The watch takes a while to charge (at least via pc usb charge), so make sure you plug it in well before your next round, I can see that being an issue--not something you can just charge in the car on the way over to the course.

Yes, initial thoughts, the golf band and device is quite heavy. The band is awkward, almost what I'd expect on a kids watch not an expensive piece of new technology. The charging of the watch is very slow from PC USB, I'm going to try some alternative charging methods to see if any speed it up.

I also found out after installing everything my home course isn't mapped, so at this point it's a slow charging, clumsy paper weight.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Odd though.

Yes, initial thoughts, the golf band and device is quite heavy. The band is awkward, almost what I'd expect on a kids watch not an expensive piece of new technology. The charging of the watch is very slow from PC USB, I'm going to try some alternative charging methods to see if any speed it up.

I also found out after installing everything my home course isn't mapped, so at this point it's a slow charging, clumsy paper weight.

email them and they will map the course.

i used a wall charger and its still slow took over 3 hours to charge after using it for 1 round.

So far the watch seems a bit cheap to be honest. It’s like something from 1990. Screen is tiny but the watch as a whole is huge.

Went outside and wait for a few minutes for it to connect to satellites and it never did. Also the time and date are way off. There’s nothing in the menu to set the time either.