Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

WORST songs of the 90's

 jbw749 ·  
jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
Joined:  edited Mar 2, 2016 in The 19th Hole #1








I can think of hundreds hopefully this takes off.
Posted:
Post edited by Unknown User on
«13
3

Comments

  • jhbangasjhbangas  1926Members Posts: 1,926
    Joined:  #2
    Thread tip: delete the "s" in the "https" and wrx will actually display the video in the thread.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
    Joined:  #3
    This one is so bad it's actually kind of good.



    I remember making out with my prom date in 93 this was playing in the limo.





    Posted:
  • tocinotocino  2327Members Posts: 2,327
    Joined:  #4
    jbw749 wrote:


    This one is so bad it's actually kind of good.



    I remember making out with my prom date in 93 this was playing in the limo.










    HEY, that song is a classic!!! Lol



    Now Rico Suave by Gerardo... Ugh, that was a horrible song!
    Posted:
  • jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
    Joined:  #5
    And then there's this timeless classic. I hate this song. You still hear it on the radio for some reason. PLEASE quit playing it. If you made someone listen to this over and over they would confess anything to make it stop.



    Posted:
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62  1685Members Posts: 1,685
    Joined:  #6
    Only Wanna be With You by Hootie and the Blowfish. That song always made me change the station.
    Posted:
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • Chief IlliniwekChief Illiniwek  2764Members Posts: 2,764
    Joined:  #7
    jbw749 wrote:


    And then there's this timeless classic. I hate this song. You still hear it on the radio for some reason. PLEASE quit playing it. If you made someone listen to this over and over they would confess anything to make it stop.








    I had forgot about Sugar Ray! Truly terrible stuff, well done!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed  8538Members Posts: 8,538
    Joined:  #8
    Anything by Chumbawumba....wait, wasn't there only one song? Did anyone actually buy their CD based solely off Tubthumping?
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • wheeelhousewheeelhouse  125Members Posts: 125
    Joined:  #9
    So are we doing that thing where we post the best songs to narrow it down to the bad ones? Right now this thread is eerily similar to Wheeelhouse's top 25 most played....
    Posted:
  • golfandfishinggolfandfishing  3695Members Posts: 3,695
    Joined:  #10
    Mambo # 5. It was bad enough searching for the title, I'm not going to post the video link.
    Posted:
  • billyhandsomefacebillyhandsomeface  1039Members Posts: 1,039
    Joined:  #11
    Macarena. Horrible.
    Posted:
    I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28744Members Posts: 28,744
    Joined:  #12
    Am i wrong or was there more 1-hit wonders in the 90's then other decades? Most, if you listen to them now and don't remember the 90's....are simply horrifyingly bad.



    But not "i'm too ****"....that song still rocks baby
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10 w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Epic Subzero 14* w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20 w/S300
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Doc420Doc420  2352Members Posts: 2,352
    Joined:  #13
    Ice ice baby
    Posted:
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs) 576Members Posts: 576
    Joined:  #14
    The Sign by Ace of Base infuriated me.



    With respect to awesome 90s, it's saddening how many of those guys died young. Alice in Chains and Stone Temple Pilots are playing together this summer. Staley and Weiland are both gone. Cornell from Soundgarden. Obviously Cobain from Nirvana. Loved the music, but what a bad legacy to its performers.
    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! Iowa 18612ClubWRX Posts: 18,612
    Joined:  edited Jan 12, 2018 #15
    Trying to figure out how to distinguish "worst" for songs in the 90s!



    Okay, a few tunes I can listen to.



    Edit: Looked some up, only about 2 I can listen to, lol, one is by Nirvana. Crap decade, which insured I wouldn't listen in the 2000s and beyond.
    Posted:
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs) 576Members Posts: 576
    Joined:  #16
    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Trying to figure out how to distinguish "worst" for songs in the 90s!



    Okay, a few tunes I can listen to.



    Edit: Looked some up, only about 2 I can listen to, lol, one is by Nirvana. Crap decade, which insured I wouldn't listen in the 2000s and beyond.




    Could be a generational thing. In my experience, if you were in junior high the first time you heard Smells Like Teen Spirit, you likely dug it. If your kid was in junior high, not so much.
    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! Iowa 18612ClubWRX Posts: 18,612
    Joined:  #17
    Hit wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Trying to figure out how to distinguish "worst" for songs in the 90s!



    Okay, a few tunes I can listen to.



    Edit: Looked some up, only about 2 I can listen to, lol, one is by Nirvana. Crap decade, which insured I wouldn't listen in the 2000s and beyond.




    Could be a generational thing. In my experience, if you were in junior high the first time you heard Smells Like Teen Spirit, you likely dug it. If your kid was in junior high, not so much.




    It was before my kids were born, liked it when I first heard it, but took me forever to work out the lyrics and a long time before I even understood the title, lol.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  27445Members Posts: 27,445
    Joined:  #18
    Ill try to think of a 90s one. Theres a lot Im sure.



    But whenever I think of a song I detest.



    This comes to mind



    Posted:
  • Johnny_FairwayJohnny_Fairway South Jersey (Philly Burbs) 576Members Posts: 576
    Joined:  #19
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

    Hit wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Trying to figure out how to distinguish "worst" for songs in the 90s!



    Okay, a few tunes I can listen to.



    Edit: Looked some up, only about 2 I can listen to, lol, one is by Nirvana. Crap decade, which insured I wouldn't listen in the 2000s and beyond.




    Could be a generational thing. In my experience, if you were in junior high the first time you heard Smells Like Teen Spirit, you likely dug it. If your kid was in junior high, not so much.




    It was before my kids were born, liked it when I first heard it, but took me forever to work out the lyrics and a long time before I even understood the title, lol.




    Wait, there were lyrics to figure out? I just really liked the video of other kids devolving into total anarchy at the pep rally in the school gym! Back when MTV still played music videos.
    Posted:
  • jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
    Joined:  #20
    Hit wrote:

    Hawkeye77 wrote:


    Trying to figure out how to distinguish "worst" for songs in the 90s!



    Okay, a few tunes I can listen to.



    Edit: Looked some up, only about 2 I can listen to, lol, one is by Nirvana. Crap decade, which insured I wouldn't listen in the 2000s and beyond.




    Could be a generational thing. In my experience, if you were in junior high the first time you heard Smells Like Teen Spirit, you likely dug it. If your kid was in junior high, not so much.




    It had to be around 1990 or 91 I didn't have my drivers licence yet. I was at a big name chain music store like Sam Goody and they had a cassette bin full of demo tapes for free. My cousin and I picked out a couple. When we got out into my uncle's 1985 Plymouth Voyager we popped one in the cassette player and it was smells like teen spirit. I didn't think much of it until a few years later when the song became a hit. Then I thought I was pretty cool for hearing it so early.
    Posted:
  • thug the bunnythug the bunny  6141Members Posts: 6,141
    Joined:  #21
    I'm old so I can't remember if a certain piece of slop was 80s or 90s, but the conflict between artists trying to create music without being pushed around by big music industry and said industry trying to produce pop shlock has always been around. It ultimately comes down to the consumer. If people didn't listen to Eddy Grant 'Electric Avenue', then it would not have become pop slop. These days though, it seems millenials are into nothing but pop slop...I watched an hour long documentary on Ed Sheeran who plays bland pop acoustic guitar ballads and has a rabid following, I don't get it. It sucks. What happened to rock? Regarding 90s pop rock, Bare Naked Ladies kicked a$$ compared with today's sh!t.
    Posted:
  • blairdblaird  2196Members Posts: 2,196
    Joined:  #22
    I would throw "Livin La Vida Loca" on this list. I hated that song when it came out!!



    Happy the person above put "Little Miss"..."Two Princes" was a great Spin Doctors song
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prison 329Members Posts: 329
    Joined:  #23
    I'm shocked that we're 22 posts in and no one has mentioned "MMMBop" by Hanson. Listen at your own risk.
    Posted:
    WITB
    TaylorMade M2 2016 (9.75) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 S
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 (14), Adams Tight Lies 2 (19) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 S
    Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) KBS Tour 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 S Grind (53.09, 59.11) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125
    Edel McKenzie (34)
  • blairdblaird  2196Members Posts: 2,196
    Joined:  #24
    jackbauer wrote:


    I'm shocked that we're 22 posts in and no one has mentioned "MMMBop" by Hanson. Listen at your own risk.




    Funny seeing this...something popped up on my fb and it was them more recently (last year or two) playing that song but as an acoustic version and it wasnt terrible. I actually thought "if this was released now like this it could have been a bigger hit than the original"



    I have flashbacks to when my parents would play Michael Bolton or something like that in the car and me thinking this is terrible and them telling me my music is terrible. But not I tell all the kids I teach today's music is awful. Ha have I become my parents and great bands of the late 90s/early 00s become like Michael Bolton?
    Posted:
  • jackbauerjackbauer Russian prison 329Members Posts: 329
    Joined:  #25
    blaird wrote:

    jackbauer wrote:


    I'm shocked that we're 22 posts in and no one has mentioned "MMMBop" by Hanson. Listen at your own risk.




    Funny seeing this...something popped up on my fb and it was them more recently (last year or two) playing that song but as an acoustic version and it wasnt terrible. I actually thought "if this was released now like this it could have been a bigger hit than the original"



    I have flashbacks to when my parents would play Michael Bolton or something like that in the car and me thinking this is terrible and them telling me my music is terrible. But not I tell all the kids I teach today's music is awful. Ha have I become my parents and great bands of the late 90s/early 00s become like Michael Bolton?




    Sounds like we're close in age; however, I'm neither for nor against MB. The only song of his I recall is "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," which is iconic because Slater and Jessie were singing it at the dance when Zack and Kelly broke up.
    Posted:
    WITB
    TaylorMade M2 2016 (9.75) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6 S
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 (14), Adams Tight Lies 2 (19) Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7 S
    Mizuno MP-53 (3-PW, 20-48) KBS Tour 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 S Grind (53.09, 59.11) KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125
    Edel McKenzie (34)
  • blairdblaird  2196Members Posts: 2,196
    Joined:  #26
    jackbauer wrote:

    blaird wrote:

    jackbauer wrote:


    I'm shocked that we're 22 posts in and no one has mentioned "MMMBop" by Hanson. Listen at your own risk.




    Funny seeing this...something popped up on my fb and it was them more recently (last year or two) playing that song but as an acoustic version and it wasnt terrible. I actually thought "if this was released now like this it could have been a bigger hit than the original"



    I have flashbacks to when my parents would play Michael Bolton or something like that in the car and me thinking this is terrible and them telling me my music is terrible. But not I tell all the kids I teach today's music is awful. Ha have I become my parents and great bands of the late 90s/early 00s become like Michael Bolton?




    Sounds like we're close in age; however, I'm neither for nor against MB. The only song of his I recall is "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You," which is iconic because Slater and Jessie were singing it at the dance when Zack and Kelly broke up.




    I swear my parents put "When a Man Loves a Woman" on repeat for a year at least and I couldnt get away from it. Both had that tape in their vehicles so no matter who I rode with it was that over and over and over
    Posted:
  • jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
    Joined:  #27


    I'm old so I can't remember if a certain piece of slop was 80s or 90s, but the conflict between artists trying to create music without being pushed around by big music industry and said industry trying to produce pop shlock has always been around. It ultimately comes down to the consumer. If people didn't listen to Eddy Grant 'Electric Avenue', then it would not have become pop slop. These days though, it seems millenials are into nothing but pop slop...I watched an hour long documentary on Ed Sheeran who plays bland pop acoustic guitar ballads and has a rabid following, I don't get it. It sucks. What happened to rock? Regarding 90s pop rock, Bare Naked Ladies kicked a$$ compared with today's sh!t.


    I didn't know who Ed Sheeran was until people were making a big deal about him being in a Game of Thrones episode doing a weird merry men singing contest out in the middle of the Woods. The scene made no sense.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • rsj1360rsj1360 Member of the Resistance  2414Members Posts: 2,414
    Joined:  edited Jan 16, 2018 #28
    If what is posted so far represents the worst of 90's pop, then that must have been a very good decade for pop music. There has been truly spectacularly awful pop music since the 2000's and truly spectacularly awful pop music in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Nothing posted so far reaches these levels.



    This is coming from a guy who graduated H.S. in 1978.



    For the record, the song that I think is the worst song of all time, of any decade (which I just looked up and found is actually a 90's song - 1992), is Whitney Houston - I will Always Love You. God how I despise that song.
    Posted:
  • jbw749jbw749  1151Members Posts: 1,151
    Joined:  #29
    rsj1360 wrote:


    If what is posted so far represents the worst of 90's pop, then that must have been a very good decade for pop music. There has been truly spectacularly awful pop music since the 2000's and truly spectacularly awful pop music in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Nothing posted so far reaches these levels.



    This is coming from a guy who graduated H.S. in 1978.



    For the record, the song that I think is the worst song of all time, of any decade (which I just looked up and found is actually a 90's song - 1992), is Whitney Houston - I will Always Love You. God how I despise that song.




    Her name was Heather... And she was my first real girlfriend. Our first date was to see The Body Gaurd with Keven Costner and W.H... I bought her the sound track for a gift after we saw it and it was "Our song" Yeah I hate that song now too, but that I won't forget... gag me
    Posted:
  • blairdblaird  2196Members Posts: 2,196
    Joined:  #30
    jbw749 wrote:

    rsj1360 wrote:


    If what is posted so far represents the worst of 90's pop, then that must have been a very good decade for pop music. There has been truly spectacularly awful pop music since the 2000's and truly spectacularly awful pop music in the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Nothing posted so far reaches these levels.



    This is coming from a guy who graduated H.S. in 1978.



    For the record, the song that I think is the worst song of all time, of any decade (which I just looked up and found is actually a 90's song - 1992), is Whitney Houston - I will Always Love You. God how I despise that song.




    Her name was Heather... And she was my first real girlfriend. Our first date was to see The Body Gaurd with Keven Costner and W.H... I bought her the sound track for a gift after we saw it and it was "Our song" Yeah I hate that song now too, but that I won't forget... gag me




    Theres a video on Youtube of some guy covering that song...just him and his guitar from some bar...really good cover
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • swatsswats  415Members Posts: 415
    Joined:  #31
    The emergence of Nirvana/Pearl Jam (and grunge) was a Godsend for me. Was a freshman in college '91 and at the time, "pop" music was still full of hair band crap that I could not stand. Trixter, Winger, Slayer, Slaughter, Warrant etc.. take your pick I thought 99% of it sucked. Most of the music I listen to now is from the 90s image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />



    I think I'd have to second MMMbop though for the worst award!
    Posted:
    Titleist 910D3, 9.5, Whiteboard 73S
    TEE CB3, 16.5, Motore Exotics Tour S
    Titleist 913HD, 18, Diamana 92HY
    8-P Mizuno MP4, 3-7 MP64, C-Taper S
    52-08, 58-08 Titleist SM4
    Putter, Cleveland Classic #1, 34"
3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file