Which one? 2019 **Cobra CB/MB or **XForged18/MB combo or **P790 Black

russian7

I'm a weekend warrior and by no means a good golfer.....no time for range and practice and lessons and (no business playing blades) but I tried the apex mb in the simulator one day and consistently hit it better than other game improvement irons. I already have a set of BLACK CF16 that I love and are my regular gamers but I always wanted to try blades. I got a set close to brand new for a really good price on CPO when they first hit the site. I have played them multiple rounds and I find them no more difficult to hit. Puring a shot with these is definitely an amazing feeling. May require a little more focus but for someone who shouldn't be playing blades by everything you read, my scores have remained the same despite a more demanding club. The clubs are gorgeous and are really fun to play. I got 5-AW in Apex Mb and added a 4i X forged. I almost feel the mb are easier to hit than the X forged. Either way, I golf for fun and to clear my head for 4 hours and these clubs allow me to have fun and pretend I'm a decent golfer. I'm never making the tour so in regards to what I want to game I do whatever I want. Also if you do go Apex MB make sure you get the AW.....probably my most favorite club in the set....a precise scalpel.

Couldn’t have said it myself as an Apex MB Raw and CF16 owner. Exactly my thoughts.

Thanks, I'm going try some, now I just have to find a deal like CPO had for Black Friday week

I got them for something stupid. When they first went up on CPO way before Black Friday they were like 30 or even 40% off and I got a set with KBS $ tapers for that price.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own the 19’ Cobra CB’s and they are smaller toe to heel than most if not every single MB on the market. These CB’s don’t fool around! BB

How do you like em? I’ve hit a few times and thinking about picking up a straight cb or flow set this week after some whacks on a monitor. Love the small look.

I’m loving the honeymoon period for sure. I too really appreciate the size.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I'm a weekend warrior and by no means a good golfer.....no time for range and practice and lessons and (no business playing blades) but I tried the apex mb in the simulator one day and consistently hit it better than other game improvement irons. I already have a set of BLACK CF16 that I love and are my regular gamers but I always wanted to try blades. I got a set close to brand new for a really good price on CPO when they first hit the site. I have played them multiple rounds and I find them no more difficult to hit. Puring a shot with these is definitely an amazing feeling. May require a little more focus but for someone who shouldn't be playing blades by everything you read, my scores have remained the same despite a more demanding club. The clubs are gorgeous and are really fun to play. I got 5-AW in Apex Mb and added a 4i X forged. I almost feel the mb are easier to hit than the X forged. Either way, I golf for fun and to clear my head for 4 hours and these clubs allow me to have fun and pretend I'm a decent golfer. I'm never making the tour so in regards to what I want to game I do whatever I want. Also if you do go Apex MB make sure you get the AW.....probably my most favorite club in the set....a precise scalpel.

Couldn’t have said it myself as an Apex MB Raw and CF16 owner. Exactly my thoughts.

Thanks, I'm going try some, now I just have to find a deal like CPO had for Black Friday week

I got them for something stupid. When they first went up on CPO way before Black Friday they were like 30 or even 40% off and I got a set with KBS $ tapers for that price.

Thats how to get a real break on the cost, add in a trade and save more

CPO like new

Apex mb..... 900 less 30% off =

630... less 400 trade=

230 dollars = great deal

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

I will be honest with you, I have tried almost every iron there are out there this year! I have come to one conclusion that they are all really good irons for YOUR swing! I have hit some better than others and some not so well but it didn't matter if it was a bladed iron or a iron that is juiced. If you can get used to the "juiced" iron distances or if the distance are right for you then they are the ones to go with. Morale to the story is blades or juiced are good either way, if they are what is better for your swing. Being a picker, sweeper or digger has effect on each club you try or buy, buy the ones that work for you. I actually found that the Titleist T-MB's work great for me, best of both worlds!

My .02

Now, my suggestion for the ones above...

I personally like the 790's because they are something that you can grow with! You can hit them long if you need to and you can put a smooth swing on it and hit it the distance that you need. Plus none of use are getting any younger...

Hope this helps and good luck with the search...I hope mine is over for the next year or so.

Well I went in the LM this morning at a top fitter and hit 4/7/P in a ton of shafts:

Cobra CB/MB (4CB, 7/P MB)

Callaway Apex MB

Titleist 718MB

Callaway X Forged

Mizuno MP18

+ a few others (Wilson/TM/PXG)

And submitted my order to DD for...

Cobra King Forged CB/MB (4-6 CB / 7-P MB) with the $-taper. Couldn’t decide where to break the CB>MB, either was gonna be 5/6 or 6/7, obv ended up going with 6/7.

Looks/feel/sound, loved em. Really liked the numbers and launch conditions off the Cobra. Came down real close to the MP-18 and Cobra, I usually lean Mizuno, but the looks broke the tie for me. One of my bigger surprises was how much I liked the AMT S400. Coulda gone either way on shaft as well.

So many options out there though, tough to go wrong with so many nice clubs/shafts available!

I finally hit the Apex MB and the new cobra cb/mb today for many shots on trackman...

Both are absolutely amazing it's a coin flip for me, but performed outstanding, I can't believe how easy both were to hit even in the 4 irons.

I think the Cobra CBs look the same as the MB but I liked the weight and feel a tad better on the CB all around. The cobras seemed hot with ball speed.

The Apex were just dart throwers for me super accurate, maybe not as long as the cobras but more accurate with the shaft that was in it.

Both look so good I don't know which way to go.

I finally hit the Apex MB and the new cobra cb/mb today for many shots on trackman...

Both are absolutely amazing it's a coin flip for me, but performed outstanding, I can't believe how easy both were to hit even in the 4 irons.

I think the Cobra CBs look the same as the MB but I liked the weight and feel a tad better on the CB all around. The cobras seemed hot with ball speed.

The Apex were just dart throwers for me super accurate, maybe not as long as the cobras but more accurate with the shaft that was in it.

Similar conundrum here. Love both the Apex (raw) and Cobra (2018) MB's

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I was in a similar boat and ended up getting a Cobra King Forged all CB set, couldn't be happier. They are much more forgiving than I thought they would be and IMO look the best of all the clubs you're considering. The X Forged felt good too (I didn't hit any MBs), but I liked the P760s way more than 790s. If the 760s came in black that would've been a major consideration.

Dude those CBs were about the best of the bunch, liked them more than the MB's and they looked the same but felt hot, super nice to hit and look at!

Similar conundrum here. Love both the Apex (raw) and Cobra (2018) MB's

You can get your hands on Apex MB raw's?

Driver- Taylormade SIM 2 *10.5 set at 8.5*, Ventus Black 6X

3 Wood- Taylormade SIM 2 15* set at 14.25*, Atmos Tour Spec Blue 7X

5 Wood- Taylormade SIM 19* set at 19.75*, Tensei Orange 80TX

Driving Iron- Taylormade P790 UDI 18*, Tour AD DI 95X

Irons- 4-PW Callaway Apex TCB Raw, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges- Taylormade Milled Grind 2 black 50*, 55*, High Toe Raw 60*, Nippon Modus 115 Black Wedge 

Putter- Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4, Ping PLD Anser 2 matte raw or Spider Tour Red

You can get your hands on Apex MB raw's?

I was fortunate to get a set through a little loophole.

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

I will say this about Cobra, at one point or another in the last five years a Cobra has occupied every spot in my bag. I'm a tinkerer so I'm always trying new clubs. I can honestly say that out of all the brands I've tried, Cobra is the only one that doesn't ever disappoint. Irons feel great, hybrids go a mile, fairways and drivers are some of the easiest to hit.

I will say this about Cobra, at one point or another in the last five years a Cobra has occupied every spot in my bag. I'm a tinkerer so I'm always trying new clubs. I can honestly say that out of all the brands I've tried, Cobra is the only one that doesn't ever disappoint. Irons feel great, hybrids go a mile, fairways and drivers are some of the easiest to hit.

I could not agree more. For some reason I always find a reason to ditch the Cobras Ive had - for a sexier club or whatever but they always perform. I still have the F7 5w in the bag because its just so good. Just added the Forged Tec Black irons too.

You guys with the Apex MB's are you gaming the MB as the 4 iron too? How is it to hit? Or are you using the Apex or Xforged for a 4 iron?

Apex MB 4 iron

I could not agree more. For some reason I always find a reason to ditch the Cobras Ive had - for a sexier club or whatever but they always perform. I still have the F7 5w in the bag because its just so good. Just added the Forged Tec Black irons too.

I have to agree, not a Cobra fan but I'm being turned into one haha, everything I've tried in last 5 years has been money, I switch and ho around with clubs and find the cobras never fail. The forged tec black irons are SO GOOD I cannot explain, they are just flat out money, I bought the Apex MB to try and get better and go back to blade-like irons but I will never get rid of my cobra irons.

You guys with the Apex MB's are you gaming the MB as the 4 iron too? How is it to hit? Or are you using the Apex or Xforged for a 4 iron?

Apex MB 4 iron

Do you find it relatively easy to hit? how about distance wise?

Every bit as easy as the FG 100's, King MB's, P730's and P770's

Distance varies on strike. Like any blade, mishits can be punishing. Typically the 4 iron is a 210 club for me.

I was in a similar boat and ended up getting a Cobra King Forged all CB set, couldn't be happier. They are much more forgiving than I thought they would be and IMO look the best of all the clubs you're considering. The X Forged felt good too (I didn't hit any MBs), but I liked the P760s way more than 790s. If the 760s came in black that would've been a major consideration.

Dude those CBs were about the best of the bunch, liked them more than the MB's and they looked the same but felt hot, super nice to hit and look at!

Agree they feel hot, at least for a players club. I gained half a club from my Ping iE1s. Think that was more due to finally getting fit for a correct shaft, but I have definitely flown a few pins while breaking them in over the last few weeks.

Driver:  TSi3 10* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Fairway: TSi2 14.25* w/ AD IZ 7X 

Hybrid | Utility: TSi2 19* w/ AD IZ 95x | P790 UDI w/ KBS PGI 100

Irons: P7 Combo (790 4i, 770 5-7i, MC 8-p)

Wedges: SM7 52 F, 58 M w/ Modus 125S

Putter:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Using the apex mb 4 iron on 200 yard shots, dotted a handful of pins, dam thing is like a pin seeking missle. Cuts through the wind, not a very demanding

club at all, with solid results.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

Using the apex mb 4 iron on 200 yard shots, dotted a handful of pins, dam thing is like a pin seeking missle. Cuts through the wind, not a very demanding

club at all, with solid results.

Sweet thanks guys. I get mine today, will report back...cant wait!

You guys with the Apex MB's are you gaming the MB as the 4 iron too? How is it to hit? Or are you using the Apex or Xforged for a 4 iron? Same project x shaft in both.

I’m only using 5-pw in the mb heads. I use a t-mb in 3 and 4 iron. I wasn’t a huge fan of the apex forged.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

You guys with the Apex MB's are you gaming the MB as the 4 iron too? How is it to hit? Or are you using the Apex or Xforged for a 4 iron? Same project x shaft in both.

I’m only using 5-pw in the mb heads. I use a t-mb in 3 and 4 iron. I wasn’t a huge fan of the apex forged.

These irons are butter so nice when you hit them good I really like the ball flight and accuracy.

I will say the 4 iron is definitely harder to hit but it's really not that bad for blades.

So far with one round when you hit him pure I don't think I've ever hit a better feeling iron in my life there is good as anything I've ever hit.

Looks are $$

• 7 months later...

I found the apex MB just edged the cobra MB in forgiveness for me, but it was probably just the sole (bounce) that worked for my swing, I am really enjoying the apex MB, although I really did enjoy hitting the Cobras CB!

Mavrik Sub zero 9 drago 65 05

Titleist Ts2 14.5 drago 75 04

Titleist Ts2 17.25 drago 85 04

Honma TW X21 4 iron Fuji pro 115 x

Honma TR 20 P 5-6 Fuji pro 115x

Honma TR 20 V 7-11 Fuji pro 115x

Taylormade milled grind 2 54, 60 S 400

Bettinardi