FJ Fury or Pro/SL?

Anyone tried both?

Other than spiked/spikeless, are there any differences between the two with regard to stability & comfort?

I'm a fan of the Pro/SL but the FJ Fury looks to be more of a "sneaker type" shoe & maybe more comfortable.

FJ_51101_01.jpg?sw=89&sh=89&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg

FJ_53273_01.jpg?sw=89&sh=89&sm=fit&sfrm=jpg

Comments

• GolfingDad44GolfingDad44 Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    I thought I'd like the Fury more but they look like bowling shoes to me.
  • portlandportland Members Posts: 1,049 ✭✭
    Fury for comfort. I tried them on the the other day at GG and was very impressed with comfort.

I think the original pro SL looks better than the Fury.

I don’t think you can go wrong either way, both are very solid offerings from FJ
    Taylormade M1 10.5*
    Callaway GBB Epic 15*
    Callaway XR 19*
    Taylormade p790 5-P,A
    Titleist Vokey SM6 54*, 58*, 60*
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Golo 3
    Srixon Z Star
  • acemandrakeacemandrake Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    portland wrote:

Fury for comfort. I tried them on the the other day at GG and was very impressed with comfort.

I think the original pro SL looks better than the Fury.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, both are very solid offerings from FJ

Kinda what I was thinking: Fury for comfort / Pro SL for looks.

Footjoy seems to move away from more understated looks for shoes other than their standard saddle shoes. It would be nice to have sneaker style shoe with a traditional appearance.

I thought I'd like the Fury more but they look like bowling shoes to me.

LOL...Someone at Footjoy liked the looks image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • MinaretsMinarets Members Posts: 3,971 ✭✭
    I too tried the Fury on ay GG this past weekend and they were as comfy as any i tried on. The adidas 360 spikeless ( i was so excited for) we’re just ok to me. I actually preferred the spiked version for some reason. Wouldn’t think they were any different in comfort. The fury and 360 spikes were the two most comfy to me. Didn’t care for the puma options or Nike. No AM1 option only the vapor pro 2.
    Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5*
    Irons: Ping I-20 4-W
    Hybrids: Taylormade Rescue Mid 16*, 19*
    Wedges: Scratch 8620 53*, 58*
    Putter: SeeMore mFGP
    Bag: SM Four5 / Ball: Srixon ZStar XV
    edited Feb 12, 2019 8:19pm #7
    Per Footjoy: 1. The Fury has an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

2. The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

I'll try the Fury to see how it compares to the Pro SL's that I've always liked. It may come down to looks.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GooseHookGooseHook Keep it Fraiche Members Posts: 11,683 ✭✭

Per Footjoy: The Fury an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

I'll try the Fury to see how it compares to the Pro SL's that I've always liked. It may come down to looks.

Potential upside to the Fury is spikes. If the uppers are cared for you'd probably get more mileage out of the soles. I have a 2 year old pair of Pro SLs and the nubs are worn on the heels and a few other areas.
    M5 9.0°, Speeder 757
    Mizuno ST-180 16°, Atmos Blue 8x
    Mizuno CLK  19°, Recoil Hybrid 95
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

Srixon Z785 5-PW
    Mizuno S18  50.07, 54.08 & 58.08
    Nippon Modus 125x
    EVNROLL ER3
    Z-Star XV
    Lead Tape

GooseHook wrote:

Per Footjoy: The Fury an extra layer of foam between the insole & outsole for greater cushioning.

The Fury and Pro SL have similar stability. The Fury has "flexgrid" (visible stripes on inside/outside of shoe) that "provide medial and lateral control" (which may make them more stable than the Pro SL).

Potential upside to the Fury is spikes. If the uppers are cared for you'd probably get more mileage out of the soles. I have a 2 year old pair of Pro SLs and the nubs are worn on the heels and a few other areas.

Great point about the spikes. My Pro SL's always wear down on the bottom of the heel.
  • Hougz79Hougz79 Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2019 4:50pm #10
    I'm tempted to try the Fury. Been reading good things on comfort. The looks.....well they don't blow my skirt up. I'm concerned the fabric in toe box might a a bear to keep clean in white colors.

I bounce between Pro S/Ls and Freestyle 2.0s. I have no complaints about either. Pro S/L is a more narrow. Both very comfortable.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist TS3 8.5*, EFW T1100 65 6.5
    Titleist TS2 15*, EFW T1100 75 6.0
    Titleist 818 H1 19*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Tileist 818 H2 21*, Fuji Motore Speeder 8.8HB S
    Titleist 718 AP3, 4-5, PX 6.0
    Titleist 718 AP2, 6-PW PX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 52.12F, 58.12D
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
  • mikeditmikedit Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I had a pair of the blue Fury shoes that I wore for 2 rounds. They were very comfortable but the pair I had, after the two rounds, developed almost a crack across the area on the top of the shoe where your foot would bend. There was a visible white line on both of the shoes, did not look too good and I was afraid they would crack right through. I took them back to the store I purchased them from and they had no issue giving me my money back. I suppose the white ones would not show this but on the blue it did just not look right. Too bad though, I really liked the look and they were very comfortable to wear.
  • ArniesArmy1234ArniesArmy1234 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    The pro SL are amazing golf shoes, my back and legs hurt much less after a round with them on
  • DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 734 ✭✭
    Both have a nice comfortable feel/fit but I like the look of the SL better.