2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Center Shaft Putters with Toe Hang?

 ohiogolf99 ·  
ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
Joined:  in Putters #1
Currently using a Bettinardi Kuchar 2HM. It is a half moon mid mallet size and has slight toe hang. I really did enjoy it this last year but I’m always looking for that grail flatstick. Can anyone direct me toward any more 350g+ CS putters that have toe hang? Blade or mallet? Thanks!
Posted:
1

Comments

  • blackngold_bloodblackngold_blood Golf Ball Whacker Guy  1109WRX Points: 120Members Posts: 1,109
    Joined:  #2
    I was always under the impression that a center shafted putter was always going to be face balanced, hence the center shaft.
    Posted:
    WITB

    Work in progress and will be updated after St. Andrews!!


    Ball: OnCore Elixr
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • FlyOverFlyOver SoCal 394WRX Points: 106Handicap: 5Members Posts: 394
    Joined:  #3


    I was always under the impression that a center shafted putter was always going to be face balanced, hence the center shaft.




    Not all, Scotty Newport 2.6 is a center shaft putter and a 5:30 toe hang. Bulleye putters are 6 o’clock toe hang. Some Betti center shafts have toe hang. Carbon also sells a center shaft with toe hang as does Lajosi.
    Posted:
  • MaximilianMaximilian  1471WRX Points: 260Members Posts: 1,471
    Joined:  #4
    SeeMore has a bunch with various amounts of toe hang. The Odyssey #5 CS models have a bit, the #2 CS have even more.
    Posted:
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
    Joined:  edited Mar 17, 2019 #5
    Sunday post Players bump for any more info...



    Thanks guys, I had heard the 2.6 had serious hang on it-def on the list to try. Also, I saw a pic of a GoLo S and it had a nice amount. Did not know about the Odyssey models though. I can’t imagine the headweight on a Bullseye being enough and I’m leaning towards a mid to full mallet anyway. My current Betti is CS and has a smaller amount of toe hang than the Scottys, the FIT face milling on that thing is butter-another Betti wouldn’t be ruled out. I’ve not had the chance to roll any SeeMore’s before, but Payne Stewart and Zach Johnson had some success..
    Posted:
  • VA golferVA golfer  306WRX Points: 74Members Posts: 306
    Joined:  #6
    My Argolf Merlin is full toe hang center shaft 380 gram
    Posted:
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 74 Stiff
    TM SLDR 3HL 17* Set to 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec. 8.3 Stiff
    Srixon U65 3 & 4 iron Miyazaki Kaula 7 Stiff
    Srixon Z745 5-PW Accra 70i stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52* Accra 70i stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56* Accra 70i stiff
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60* Accra Hybrex Wedge Shaft
    Toulon Atlanta
    Vice Pro Neon Lime
  • Rk5Rk5  97WRX Points: 41Members Posts: 97
    Joined:  #7
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5 CS has toe hang, I don't think it's actually dead centre in the head.
    Posted:
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5 Tensei Blue CK 60 Stiff
    Callaway XR 3 wood Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 816 H2 21* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec HB 8S
    Ping I E1 irons 4-PW Modus 3 130S
    Vokey SM6 F Grind Steel Grey 52.08*
    Vokey SM6 M Grind Black 58.08*
    Scotty Cameron Red X5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • SeeMore PuttersSeeMore Putters  653WRX Points: 109Sponsors Posts: 653
    Joined:  #8
    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.
    Posted:
  • nicholasriehlnicholasriehl Nick R. Hershey, PA 342WRX Points: 61Handicap: 5.5Members Posts: 342
    Joined:  #9

    As others have commented, SeeMore has a number that are near center shafted that have toe hang

    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10* --- HZRDUS Smoke Black 60-6.0
    PING G400 16.9* + 20.5* FW --- HZRDUS Smoke Black 70-6.0
    PING i210 4-UW --- Nippon Modus 120-S
    Cleveland CBX2 56* and 60* -- Dynamic Gold 115
    Murdered Out TaylorMade Ghost Spider Center Shaft
  • tatertottatertot  4609WRX Points: 920Members Posts: 4,609
    Joined:  #10

    SeeMore is always the first answer for center shafted putters of any kind.

    Older Camerons aren't face balanced between Scotty didn't believe in SBST, so there's always some toe hang built in.

    Posted:
    Driver: TaylorMade M3, 10.5*
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1, 19*
    Long Iron: Ping iE1, 26*
    Mid Iron: Ping iE1, 32*
    Short Iron: Ping iE1, 41*
    Wedge: Ping iE1, 45*
    Gap: Ping Glide SS, 52*
    Lob: Ping Glide ES, 60*
    Putter: Yes Callie Mid, 41"
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B XS
    Bag: Ping Mascot
  • KRW59KRW59 Hoarder  956WRX Points: 185Handicap: 4.9Members Posts: 956
    Joined:  edited Apr 3, 2019 #11

    You like Bettinardi ? You like 358 gram head weight ? You like wide blade mid-mallet ?
    You like the mushy feel of a carbon Fit Face ? You like 4:30 toe hang ? ...this is it.....
    The Bettinardi Studio Stock #12 ..........fits all of the above criteria.....

    Posted:
    Post edited by KRW59 on
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Diamond Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

    Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

    King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

    Piretti 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II or Piretti 1 of 2 GSS Capri

    Flask - Crown Black
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
    Joined:  #12

    On -, @KRW59 said:

    You like Bettinardi ? You like 360 + head weight ? You like wide blade mid-mallet ?
    You like the mushy feel of a carbon Fit Face ? You like 4:30 toe hang ? ...this is it.....
    The Bettinardi Studio Stock #12 ..........fits all of the above criteria.....

    Well then, that looks like it just jumped into the yet to be named final group. Similar enough to my current gamer and added toe hang and a little weight!? Good lookin out

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @SeeMore Putters said:

    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.

    Thanks guys, your reputation precedes itself and I'm for looking forward to getting my hands on a few models in the near future. Any suggestions in your lineup to narrow it close to 5:15 toe hang and wide flange to larger mid mallet style?

    Posted:
  • jshuffjshuff  111WRX Points: 82Members Posts: 111
    Joined:  #14

    I have 2 SeeMores (Z1c and Giant M1t) and they have both served me well. I also have an Odyssey 1W CS that’s a JDM club and a Evnroll ER2CS. The Evnroll has the least amount of toe hang and I put some tungsten putty in the holes on the toe side to slow the toe down. My dream putter would be the love child of the Scotty Squareback with the black Newport 2.6 hosel, Scotty adjustable weights, SeeMore RST alignment, 2 sight lines on the top line to match the Pelz O ball lines, and Evnroll face milling. 😍

    Posted:
  • Smada962Smada962  81WRX Points: 59Handicap: 2Members Posts: 81
    Joined:  #15

    I am currently gaming the Newport 2.6 and it has toe hang. I'd have to double check when I get home to see exactly how much, but it has it. What's nice also is with the sole weights you can adjust it to get it to what weight you prefer, mine is currently at 350.

    Posted:
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
    Joined:  #16

    On -, @Smada962 said:

    I am currently gaming the Newport 2.6 and it has toe hang. I'd have to double check when I get home to see exactly how much, but it has it. What's nice also is with the sole weights you can adjust it to get it to what weight you prefer, mine is currently at 350.

    Have you gamed any other CS putters? The only one for me besides my current Betti was a never compromise I had early in high school. One of the initial reasons I really liked the kuchar was the extended flange/half moon shape. I realize that particular mid mallet shape is not readily available from other companies, but the main dig I have on the 2.6, personally, is the standard blade width. Can you confirm 4:30 toe hang or is it more/less?

    Posted:
  • chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TN 1304WRX Points: 120Handicap: 6.9Members Posts: 1,304
    Joined:  #17

    On -, @ohiogolf99 said:

    On -, @SeeMore Putters said:

    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.

    Thanks guys, your reputation precedes itself and I'm for looking forward to getting my hands on a few models in the near future. Any suggestions in your lineup to narrow it close to 5:15 toe hang and wide flange to larger mid mallet style?

    I’m a longtime Seemore user. The mfgp2 is a mallet that will hang to around 4:30... While it’s not quite a true mallet I would look at the mfgp Deep Flange as well. It hangs to that 5-5:15 range. If you wanted something more forgiving you could look at the Mini Giant Deep Flange as well. Same toe hang as the mfgp Deep Flange, but the forgiveness of a high moi mallet.

    Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 10* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63
    Ping G400 Stretch 13* PX Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Cobra Baffler 16.5* PX Hzrdus Black 75
    Ping g410 5-PW,UW, SW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey 58* V Grind Oil Can
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Ohio 68WRX Points: 41Handicap: 10Members Posts: 68
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @chamgel2 said:

    On -, @ohiogolf99 said:

    On -, @SeeMore Putters said:

    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.

    Thanks guys, your reputation precedes itself and I'm for looking forward to getting my hands on a few models in the near future. Any suggestions in your lineup to narrow it close to 5:15 toe hang and wide flange to larger mid mallet style?

    I’m a longtime Seemore user. The mfgp2 is a mallet that will hang to around 4:30... While it’s not quite a true mallet I would look at the mfgp Deep Flange as well. It hangs to that 5-5:15 range. If you wanted something more forgiving you could look at the Mini Giant Deep Flange as well. Same toe hang as the mfgp Deep Flange, but the forgiveness of a high moi mallet.

    Awesome info, thank you! I’m hoping to get up to a store that carries them soon.

    Posted:
  • Big LBig L  784WRX Points: 88Members Posts: 784
    Joined:  #19

    I gamed an old odyssey white hot mid cut down to 36 with a super stroke xl 3.0 on it. It’s center shafted but with slight toe hang. I also have a Yes! Puppies which is center shaft and toe down

    Posted:
    Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Callaway XR Pro 14*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Titleist 913H set to 22*
    Ping I25 26*
    Taylormade SLDR 6-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Ping Cadence Heavy Tomcat C 34"

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.