Center Shaft Putters with Toe Hang?

ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Mini Tour AdvisorMembers Posts: 62 ✭✭
Currently using a Bettinardi Kuchar 2HM. It is a half moon mid mallet size and has slight toe hang. I really did enjoy it this last year but I’m always looking for that grail flatstick. Can anyone direct me toward any more 350g+ CS putters that have toe hang? Blade or mallet? Thanks!
Traditionalist turned wannabe club ho

"Drive for show, Putt for $#!%"

Comments

• blackngold_bloodblackngold_blood Golf Ball Whacker Guy Members Posts: 945 ✭✭
    I was always under the impression that a center shafted putter was always going to be face balanced, hence the center shaft.
    WITB

Work in progress and will be updated after St. Andrews!!

Ball: OnCore Elixr
  • FlyOverFlyOver Members Posts: 316 ✭✭

I was always under the impression that a center shafted putter was always going to be face balanced, hence the center shaft.

Not all, Scotty Newport 2.6 is a center shaft putter and a 5:30 toe hang. Bulleye putters are 6 o’clock toe hang. Some Betti center shafts have toe hang. Carbon also sells a center shaft with toe hang as does Lajosi.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-Handcrafted Even Flow Black 6.0 65 grams shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 13.5 degree-Tensei Blue AV stiff shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Callaway PM Grind 58* C Grind
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport modified center shaft putter
    Titleist yellow AVX ball
  • MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,332 ✭✭
    SeeMore has a bunch with various amounts of toe hang. The Odyssey #5 CS models have a bit, the #2 CS have even more.
  • ohiogolf99ohiogolf99 Mini Tour Advisor Members Posts: 62 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2019 5:41pm #5
    Sunday post Players bump for any more info...

Thanks guys, I had heard the 2.6 had serious hang on it-def on the list to try. Also, I saw a pic of a GoLo S and it had a nice amount. Did not know about the Odyssey models though. I can’t imagine the headweight on a Bullseye being enough and I’m leaning towards a mid to full mallet anyway. My current Betti is CS and has a smaller amount of toe hang than the Scottys, the FIT face milling on that thing is butter-another Betti wouldn’t be ruled out. I’ve not had the chance to roll any SeeMore’s before, but Payne Stewart and Zach Johnson had some success..

• VA golferVA golfer Posts: 302 ✭✭
    My Argolf Merlin is full toe hang center shaft 380 gram
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana D+ 70 Stiff
    TM SLDR 3HL 17* Set to 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec. 8.3 Stiff
    Srixon U65 3 & 4 iron Miyazaki Kaula 7 Stiff
    Srixon Z765 5-PW Accra 70i stiff
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
    Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60* Accra Hybrex Wedge Shaft
    Argolf Merlin putter
    Vice Pro Neon Lime
  • Rk5Rk5 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5 CS has toe hang, I don't think it's actually dead centre in the head.
    Taylormade 2017 M1 9.5 Tensei Blue CK 60 Stiff
    Callaway XR 3 wood Project X LZ 6.0
    Titleist 917F2 18* Diamana S+ 70 stiff
    Titleist 816 H2 21* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec HB 8S
    Mizuno MP-60 4-PW DG S300
    Vokey SM6 F Grind Steel Grey 52.08*
    Vokey SM6 M Grind Black 58.08*
    Scotty Cameron Red X5
  • SeeMore PuttersSeeMore Putters Sponsors Posts: 608 ✭✭
    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.
  • nicholasriehlnicholasriehl Nick R. Members Posts: 306 ✭✭

As others have commented, SeeMore has a number that are near center shafted that have toe hang

• PING G400 LST 10* --- HZRDUS Yellow 65-6.0
    • PING G400 16.9* Fairway --- HZRDUS Yellow 75-6.0
    • Callaway Epic 20* Hybrid --- HZRDUS Black 85-6.0
    • Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW --- Modus 120-S
    • Cleveland CBX 50* and 56* --- Modus 120-S
    • PING Eye2 Gorge LW --- Modus 120-S
    • PING Pickemup B --- 35" Counterbalanced Conversion
  • tatertottatertot Members Posts: 4,288 ✭✭

SeeMore is always the first answer for center shafted putters of any kind.

Older Camerons aren't face balanced between Scotty didn't believe in SBST, so there's always some toe hang built in.

Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 11, 9°
    Fairway: Adams Fast 10, 15*
    Irons: Ping i200 3 iron, Ping iE1 4-PW
    Wedges: Titleist SM7, 48º; Titleist SM5, 54º & 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Classics Huntington Beach #1, 35"
  • KRW59KRW59 Hoarder Members Posts: 825 ✭✭
    edited Apr 3, 2019 11:08pm #11

You like Bettinardi ? You like 358 gram head weight ? You like wide blade mid-mallet ?
    You like the mushy feel of a carbon Fit Face ? You like 4:30 toe hang ? ...this is it.....
    The Bettinardi Studio Stock #12 ..........fits all of the above criteria.....

Post edited by KRW59 on
    Cobra King F9 10.5* / Fuji Speeder Evo IV  569-SR
    TEE EX10 Beta 16.5* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 5-SR
    TEE EX10 19* / Fuji Platinum Speeder 6-S
    TEE EX9 22* / Attas 4U 7-S.
    TEE EX9 25* / Attas 4U 7-X
    I have added about 10 grams of weight to all the fwy / hybrid
    shafts , using Sensicore inserts wrapped with lead tape.

Cobra Forged Tec Black / 28* 6 iron thru 49.5* GW / 4.5* gapping
    Recoil 780 Es Smac wrap F3 / GW shaft internally weighted to 95 grams

King Black Wedges / 54* versatile/ Recoil 95 F3 shaft weighted to 110 grams
    58* versatile / Recoil 110 F4 shaft weighted to 125 grams ( heat shrink tube )

Piretti Savona 2 Elite《Murdered》or 1/1 GSS High Toe Potenza II

Flask - Crown Black

@KRW59 said:
    You like Bettinardi ? You like 360 + head weight ? You like wide blade mid-mallet ?
    You like the mushy feel of a carbon Fit Face ? You like 4:30 toe hang ? ...this is it.....
    The Bettinardi Studio Stock #12 ..........fits all of the above criteria.....

Well then, that looks like it just jumped into the yet to be named final group. Similar enough to my current gamer and added toe hang and a little weight!? Good lookin out

@SeeMore Putters said:
    SeeMore has many options that will work for you.  Feel free to visit the site when you get a chance or give us a call at 615-435-8015 or email at [email protected] for questions.  More than happy to help.

Thanks guys, your reputation precedes itself and I'm for looking forward to getting my hands on a few models in the near future. Any suggestions in your lineup to narrow it close to 5:15 toe hang and wide flange to larger mid mallet style?

• jshuffjshuff Members Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have 2 SeeMores (Z1c and Giant M1t) and they have both served me well. I also have an Odyssey 1W CS that’s a JDM club and a Evnroll ER2CS. The Evnroll has the least amount of toe hang and I put some tungsten putty in the holes on the toe side to slow the toe down. My dream putter would be the love child of the Scotty Squareback with the black Newport 2.6 hosel, Scotty adjustable weights, SeeMore RST alignment, 2 sight lines on the top line to match the Pelz O ball lines, and Evnroll face milling. 😍

• Smada962Smada962 Members Posts: 14 ✭✭

I am currently gaming the Newport 2.6 and it has toe hang. I'd have to double check when I get home to see exactly how much, but it has it. What's nice also is with the sole weights you can adjust it to get it to what weight you prefer, mine is currently at 350.

@Smada962 said:
    I am currently gaming the Newport 2.6 and it has toe hang. I'd have to double check when I get home to see exactly how much, but it has it. What's nice also is with the sole weights you can adjust it to get it to what weight you prefer, mine is currently at 350.

Have you gamed any other CS putters? The only one for me besides my current Betti was a never compromise I had early in high school. One of the initial reasons I really liked the kuchar was the extended flange/half moon shape. I realize that particular mid mallet shape is not readily available from other companies, but the main dig I have on the 2.6, personally, is the standard blade width. Can you confirm 4:30 toe hang or is it more/less?

• chamgel2chamgel2 Athens, TNMembers Posts: 1,298 ✭✭

@ohiogolf99 said:

@SeeMore Putters said:

Thanks guys, your reputation precedes itself and I'm for looking forward to getting my hands on a few models in the near future. Any suggestions in your lineup to narrow it close to 5:15 toe hang and wide flange to larger mid mallet style?

I’m a longtime Seemore user. The mfgp2 is a mallet that will hang to around 4:30... While it’s not quite a true mallet I would look at the mfgp Deep Flange as well. It hangs to that 5-5:15 range. If you wanted something more forgiving you could look at the Mini Giant Deep Flange as well. Same toe hang as the mfgp Deep Flange, but the forgiveness of a high moi mallet.

Ping G400 LST 10* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63
    Ping G400 Stretch 13* PX Hzrdus Yellow 75
    Cobra Baffler 16.5* PX Hzrdus Black 75
    Ping g410 5-PW,UW, SW Steelfiber i95
    Vokey 58* V Grind Oil Can
    Seemore mFGP Deep Flange
    TP5

@chamgel2 said:

@ohiogolf99 said:

@SeeMore Putters said:

I’m a longtime Seemore user. The mfgp2 is a mallet that will hang to around 4:30... While it’s not quite a true mallet I would look at the mfgp Deep Flange as well. It hangs to that 5-5:15 range. If you wanted something more forgiving you could look at the Mini Giant Deep Flange as well. Same toe hang as the mfgp Deep Flange, but the forgiveness of a high moi mallet.

Awesome info, thank you! I’m hoping to get up to a store that carries them soon.

• Big LBig L Members Posts: 751 ✭✭

I gamed an old odyssey white hot mid cut down to 36 with a super stroke xl 3.0 on it. It’s center shafted but with slight toe hang. I also have a Yes! Puppies which is center shaft and toe down

Cleveland Launcher HB 9*
    Ping G15 15.5*
    Cobra F6 Baffler 18*
    Taylormade Tour Preferred 2014 CB 4-AW
    Cleveland CBX 54* & Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    Scotty Cameron RedX3