new st190 driver review

tourpure

> @johnnypro said:

> I can't find any words from Mizuno about the effect of changing face angle, BUT I am assuming that, as with every other adjustable driver I've ever seen, lowering the loft will OPEN the face. Correct?

The only thing I can find says that with the adapter everytime you adjust the loft, whether up or down, the lie angle increases .75* per adjustment. I am no expert but that may negate some of the opening of the face but I could be wrong. I am currently in the market for one of these to try out. I play my drivers short and the more upright lie angle is perfect for me.

> @blackngold_blood said:

> > @johnnypro said:

> > I can't find any words from Mizuno about the effect of changing face angle, BUT I am assuming that, as with every other adjustable driver I've ever seen, lowering the loft will OPEN the face. Correct?

>

> The only thing I can find says that with the adapter everytime you adjust the loft, whether up or down, the lie angle increases .75* per adjustment. I am no expert but that may negate some of the opening of the face but I could be wrong. I am currently in the market for one of these to try out. I play my drivers short and the more upright lie angle is perfect for me.

I can ask the Mizuno rep tomorrow over lunch during my fitting.

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > @blackngold_blood said:

> > > @johnnypro said:

> > > I can't find any words from Mizuno about the effect of changing face angle, BUT I am assuming that, as with every other adjustable driver I've ever seen, lowering the loft will OPEN the face. Correct?

> >

> > The only thing I can find says that with the adapter everytime you adjust the loft, whether up or down, the lie angle increases .75* per adjustment. I am no expert but that may negate some of the opening of the face but I could be wrong. I am currently in the market for one of these to try out. I play my drivers short and the more upright lie angle is perfect for me.

>

> I can ask the Mizuno rep tomorrow over lunch during my fitting.

>

I'd appreciate that

Just ordered the 190 with Atmos Black 6x. Looking forward to getting it on course. I’ve been playing a tour issue GBB with DI8x which for my 110 swing speed is a bit much but it sure does go straight.

All Clubs subject to change relative to my last bad round of golf......

Here you go swing weighted and in the bag. Loving these bad boys

Driver First

Ek3HUu1.jpg

BekbGyA.jpg

8Sa9hv5.jpg

wL8KDbZ.jpg

F0gMuLN.jpg

AnR3NP9.jpg

3TS Second

vUfm11r.jpg

kmC9rVr.jpg

Ex7bPuN.jpg

F8Cp5AJ.jpg

uKs1WJW.jpg

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

Those imagur links came out weird on this new site format

mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

> @evoviiiyou said:

> mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

>

How did you get that custom weight with the blue ring? That looks sick. Is that how they shipped it from Mizuno?

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

> @willseo said:

> > @evoviiiyou said:

> > mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

> >

>

> How did you get that custom weight with the blue ring? That looks sick. Is that how they shipped it from Mizuno?

No this was a custom built stick with the Speeder TR 661S at 44.75” with a Pure Wrap grip by Center Cut Custom Golf here in AZ. The weight was to bring the SW up sourced from BillyBobs.

Here was the original link and many thanks to my main man Hammer22

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1653346/mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment

> @evoviiiyou said:

> > @willseo said:

> > > @evoviiiyou said:

> > > mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > How did you get that custom weight with the blue ring? That looks sick. Is that how they shipped it from Mizuno?

>

> No this was a custom built stick with the Speeder TR 661S at 44.75” with a Pure Wrap grip by Center Cut Custom Golf here in AZ. The weight was to bring the SW up sourced from BillyBobs.

> Here was the original link and many thanks to my main man Hammer22

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1653346/mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment

>

Glad to see the TM weight works here as well, but I figured someone would be trying it soon enough;)

Will be at the main Mizuno fitting center in Atlanta next month to try out the new woods (again) to see if they’ll beat my Ping G400’s. If these do kick them out, I’ll see about specifying a D3 SW, otherwise I may be tinkering as well. Hope to grab a bunch of pics while I’m there and dig up as much info as I can on the tech, adapters, etc. Should be a neat experience!

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

> @evoviiiyou said:

> > @willseo said:

> > > @evoviiiyou said:

> > > mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > How did you get that custom weight with the blue ring? That looks sick. Is that how they shipped it from Mizuno?

>

> No this was a custom built stick with the Speeder TR 661S at 44.75” with a Pure Wrap grip by Center Cut Custom Golf here in AZ. The weight was to bring the SW up sourced from BillyBobs.

> Here was the original link and many thanks to my main man Hammer22

>

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1653346/mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment

>

How difficult is the weight replacement? I'm thinking about shortening my club 1/2" to help with heal strikes, but I'm not super handy. I'm not sure if I would like a D0 or D1 SW without changing anything.

> @Hammer22 said:

> > @evoviiiyou said:

> > > @willseo said:

> > > > @evoviiiyou said:

> > > > mjssfwuizzxz.jpeg

> > > >

> > >

> > > How did you get that custom weight with the blue ring? That looks sick. Is that how they shipped it from Mizuno?

> >

> > No this was a custom built stick with the Speeder TR 661S at 44.75” with a Pure Wrap grip by Center Cut Custom Golf here in AZ. The weight was to bring the SW up sourced from BillyBobs.

> > Here was the original link and many thanks to my main man Hammer22

> >

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1653346/mizuno-st180-driver-swing-weight-custom-adjustment

> >

> Glad to see the TM weight works here as well, but I figured someone would be trying it soon enough;)

>

> Will be at the main Mizuno fitting center in Atlanta next month to try out the new woods (again) to see if they’ll beat my Ping G400’s. If these do kick them out, I’ll see about specifying a D3 SW, otherwise I may be tinkering as well. Hope to grab a bunch of pics while I’m there and dig up as much info as I can on the tech, adapters, etc. Should be a neat experience!

>

That sounds like a tremendous time Hammer22! Enjoy that to it’s fullest.

On the actual install, it was so easy I cannot even believe it. It’s exactly as in the link @Hammer22 provided. I did have to use a heat from my hand torch (3 Mississippi count) on the weight to get the factory thread lock to loosen up. Aside from that easy and feels perfect with the 10gram plug in now. I think the TM Jetspeed bluish ring looks really nice as well on the mostly blacked out bottom of the the 190.

I am loving the 190G, but I can echo what was said above about the Atmos black... it can produce a little bit lower than desired ball flight most of the time... hard to argue with though as I am getting some serious distance out of it. I am going to try and get on the Mizuno DNA and see what it says for the driver, but does anyone know how the Tensei white would compare to the Atmos black TS? I realize the Tensei blue might be worth a try, and I have tried the Atmos blue but spin numbers seemed to be a bit higher....

Also, Evoviiiyou, did you find the regular head easier to control and were the numbers drastically different?

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

> @evoviiiyou said:

> > @Hammer22 said:

> > > @evoviiiyou said:

> That sounds like a tremendous time Hammer22! Enjoy that to it’s fullest.

>

> On the actual install, it was so easy I cannot even believe it. It’s exactly as in the link @Hammer22 provided. I did have to use a heat from my hand torch (3 Mississippi count) on the weight to get the factory thread lock to loosen up. Aside from that easy and feels perfect with the 10gram plug in now. I think the TM Jetspeed bluish ring looks really nice as well on the mostly blacked out bottom of the the 190.

>

Definitely looking forward to it. Even though I’ve hit all the 190’s, it wasn’t for a fitting. Since my friend local to me hasn’t received his fitting heads, might as well check the place out and get official numbers.

On another note, I wonder if the ‘17 TM M2 weight will fit in the 190? The opening looks larger, so if you calipers and have the diameter, it would be good to know. Since it didn’t fit the 180, would be great if it worked here for anyone that doesn’t want the blue ring with the Jetspeed weight.

51228683_mizunoshadow.jpg.331dc94966b1c93058cfa910903c6db8.jpg

One of these drivers followed me home yesterday. I’ve tested it 3 different times and it has been consistently better than the rest for me. I got the regular 190 9.5 with almos black TS 6x.

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

> @johnnypro said:

> > @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > > @blackngold_blood said:

> > > > @johnnypro said:

> > > > I can't find any words from Mizuno about the effect of changing face angle, BUT I am assuming that, as with every other adjustable driver I've ever seen, lowering the loft will OPEN the face. Correct?

> > >

> > > The only thing I can find says that with the adapter everytime you adjust the loft, whether up or down, the lie angle increases .75* per adjustment. I am no expert but that may negate some of the opening of the face but I could be wrong. I am currently in the market for one of these to try out. I play my drivers short and the more upright lie angle is perfect for me.

> >

> > I can ask the Mizuno rep tomorrow over lunch during my fitting.

> >

>

> I'd appreciate that

So I forgot to ask ??‍♂️ The fitter kept me in the 9 head setting but upright. Also, the 190G head with weights set in heel turned my big fade into a baby fade. The Tensei White 70X brought my spin down 500rpms to around 2500. My AOA was +1. Carry 285 and total consistently at 310 with longest at 313+. This driver is a MONSTER. Got the Tour spoon with the same shaft. He said the TS 3 wood is a smidge lower flight, lower spin option. That beaut was carrying 265 and 283 total ?. Monster numbers. Also said to go standard plus4 grip and add tape to keep the swing weight on point instead of the midsize plus 4 grip. I could not believe my numbers during the fitting. These are the real deal! Was hooked up with 2 balls each of the new Mizzy balls and was fitted with the Mizzy balls :). Recommended the RB Tour for softer compression for lower spin on the driver. Friday can’t come soon enough.

• Like 1

The new Mizuno optimizer swing tool was awesome. My tempo is quick 7/9 and release is late 3/9. Which was good to know, I didn’t realize I had that much lag in my swing. Iron shaft recommendation was the C-taper (didn’t see what flex though) with upright 3*. Which was spot on with my current lie.

• Like 1

Curious on thoughts of the 190 vs the 190g head. I've only hit the 190g on and thought it felt amazing and gave great numbers for me.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5 Project X Denali Black 60S 

Callaway AI Smoke Max Project X Denali Black 70S 3 Wood

Callaway Apex UW 19 & 21 deg MMT 70 Stiff

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-PW Project X IO 5.5

Wedges ???

Odyssey Dual Force Putter

TaylorMade TP5

Vessel Lux XV 2.0 Black Cart Bag

> @odshot68 said:

> Curious on thoughts of the 190 vs the 190g head. I've only hit the 190g on and thought it felt amazing and gave great numbers for me.

I couldn’t tell a difference in feel personally. I went into my fitting wanting the 190 for added forgiveness but it turned out that putting both weights in the heel help me turn the club over a bit better while lowering spin and I was suddenly bombing drives without trying. Fitter also said if the swing changes or I start to overturn it, can move weight back to the toe to straighten it out.

• Like 2

> @blackngold_blood said:

> Have not read entire thread but does anyone know if the adapters from the JPX 850 driver fit the new St190’s. I have a couple old ones and am curious if I need to order new or can reuse these.

>

> Thanks

> Mark

I swear I’ve seen on here that it’s a different adapter on the 190 for the upright adjustments but that the older adapters still fit.

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> > @odshot68 said:

> > Curious on thoughts of the 190 vs the 190g head. I've only hit the 190g on and thought it felt amazing and gave great numbers for me.

> I couldn’t tell a difference in feel personally. I went into my fitting wanting the 190 for added forgiveness but it turned out that putting both weights in the heel help me turn the club over a bit better while lowering spin and I was suddenly bombing drives without trying. Fitter also said if the swing changes or I start to overturn it, can move weight back to the toe to straighten it out.

>

I was sure I'd be walking out with the regular 190 head also, but when I hit them both, numbers were a little better with the G and I didn't notice as much of a difference in feel as I thought I would, so I took the G being I knew I could play with the weights if I needed to.

I need to get on that new Mizuno tool... driver is working well, but not sure its the correct fit. Hope to do it this week.

Keep us in the loop on how this things performs outside for you!

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

> @bogeypro said:

> One of these drivers followed me home yesterday. I’ve tested it 3 different times and it has been consistently better than the rest for me. I got the regular 190 9.5 with almos black TS 6x.

Well, first time on course today with the st190 was horrible. I’ll need to test on the range again before trusting this on course again. I had to ditch it and hit 3 wood from hole 8 through 18.

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter

> @Nixhex524 said:

> I am loving the 190G, but I can echo what was said above about the Atmos black... it can produce a little bit lower than desired ball flight most of the time... hard to argue with though as I am getting some serious distance out of it. I am going to try and get on the Mizuno DNA and see what it says for the driver, but does anyone know how the Tensei white would compare to the Atmos black TS? I realize the Tensei blue might be worth a try, and I have tried the Atmos blue but spin numbers seemed to be a bit higher....

>

> Also, Evoviiiyou, did you find the regular head easier to control and were the numbers drastically different?

For my swing on my fitting day, the drivers felt almost the same, except for the sound. I did feel the 190G was a higher pitch than the standard 190 head. The spin numbers were the biggest difference between the two heads when comparing with the same ball and shafts. From memory it was 500-700 rpms less on average with the 190g turned to whatever loft was a match for the 190 my fitter had selected.

In the end the pin ultimate head was the 10.5 with a pretty stout (but very smooth) Fujikura Speeder TR 661S. We were getting perfect 2100-2200 spin numbers with perfect ball flight for my game. Compared to my previous M4 and JPX900 gamers, I picked up quite a bit of distance and really feel like I have up nothing in terms of forgiveness.

Did a fitting with my current ping g lst. 9* tour stuff 65g. Hit the new mizuno 190 and 190 g and epic flash in about 10 different combos. My ss 105. Aoa +4. Tested outdoor range into wind with flight scope.

The mizuno is ridiculously beautiful club. Very pleasing to the eye. I learned some things with the pro end best combo by far was the 190, tensei white x stiff set down to 8.5*. Kept my apex height right at 100 ft, good landing angle, smash factors 1.47-1.49(i are uggle with low smash). 2500 spin all day Every hit straight or slight draw. Good combo of length and forgiveness. Picked up 20+ yards over ping that was not ideal for me at all. About 10 yards better then regular epic. I was carrying ping 235. Mizuno 250+ carry.

• Like 1

Taylormade M6, 9.0* head set -1.5*, Nippon Regio B+ shaft, 65 stiff at 45.5"
Cobra FLY Z+ 3 wood, orange, aldila tour blue stiff, 14.5*
Sub 70 939x, 3H(18*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 939x, 4H(21*), Proforce V2 85 stiff
Sub 70 699 Pros, 5-AW, Modus 120 stiff
PING glide 2.0, 54*

Taylormade MG3, 58* HB 
Scotty Select Newport, 73* lie, 1* loft, 34" (Testing Taylormade Bandon 1)
Bridgestone Tour BX (Alternate ball VICE PRO)

I was getting around 3,100 spin with both 190/190G heads. One time, I had that Goldilocks of 2,100 spin but I told my fitter I generate a fair amount side spin because I come slightly over the top with the swing. I was all about the Tour Spec shaft in X until he gave me the Tensei White. He said it was heavier and I did mention a few years ago I was fit into a Ping’s 80 gram stiff tour shaft. Low and behold, the Tensei White was 80 grams. Immediately dropped my spin to 2,500. That is very likely the lowest I’ve ever seen my driver spin numbers. I MAY have to keep an out for a Tensei White Pro 70X down the road.

• Like 1

> @BlackM00Nlight said:

> I was getting around 3,100 spin with both 190/190G heads. One time, I had that Goldilocks of 2,100 spin but I told my fitter I generate a fair amount side spin because I come slightly over the top with the swing. I was all about the Tour Spec shaft in X until he gave me the Tensei White. He said it was heavier and I did mention a few years ago I was fit into a Ping’s 80 gram stiff tour shaft. Low and behold, the Tensei White was 80 grams. Immediately dropped my spin to 2,500. That is very likely the lowest I’ve ever seen my driver spin numbers. I MAY have to keep an out for a Tensei White Pro 70X down the road.

Over the top means negative angle of attack and higher spin. Work on stopping the over the top and you’ll get that spin down.

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

Bettinardi BB1 putter