Craft beer Drinkers Unite!

Slapjax7s

Victory does have some decent beers. Wasn't crazy over their pilsner, but it was good paired with my meal.

Intrigue is the Storm King that has been bourbon barrel aged. Pretty decent beer, a bit different and borderline cloying, but it was good.

Looking forward to loading up on new stuff. Aprilhop, Nugget Nectar, KBS and gonna stock up on the just released Terrapin Hopzilla and Hop Karma.

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1331598272' post='4494201']
Victory does have some decent beers. Wasn't crazy over their pilsner, but it was good paired with my meal.

Intrigue is the Storm King that has been bourbon barrel aged. Pretty decent beer, a bit different and borderline cloying, but it was good.

Looking forward to loading up on new stuff. Aprilhop, Nugget Nectar, KBS and gonna stock up on the just released Terrapin Hopzilla and Hop Karma.
[/quote]

Wow,.. I looked up thoes beers and they look awesome. I wish I could get them here in California. I will have to settle for the aprihop for now. I am suprised I can get the Victory beers here. I am headed to Arizona in a couple weeks, looking foward to finding some new brewerys there and some things I cant find here at the beer stores.

Hear thats a pretty good brew.. Buddy had some when traveling recently, and said it's got plenty of floaties!

I'm making a big beer run tomorrow, going to attempt to secure as much KBS as I can. Appears there was a hella shortage this year on it, and some place around me got 1 case to split between several stores!

My main store only has around 3-4 cases, said they got short shipped for the initial order.

Not sure what all I'm gonna get tomorrow, but looking forward to it. I like going to the beer store more than the golf store these days.

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1331764555' post='4508979']
Hear thats a pretty good brew.. Buddy had some when traveling recently, and said it's got plenty of floaties!

I'm making a big beer run tomorrow, going to attempt to secure as much KBS as I can. Appears there was a hella shortage this year on it, and some place around me got 1 case to split between several stores!

My main store only has around 3-4 cases, said they got short shipped for the initial order.

Not sure what all I'm gonna get tomorrow, but looking forward to it. I like going to the beer store more than the golf store these days.
[/quote]

I am on the "list" at my local beer store for KBS. I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow after work.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

Yeah, no lists here, not enough of it to go around. I'm sure some guys pull some for themselves. Honestly, if I don't find it, I'm gonna be mad, but who cares. I like stouts, and I like bourbon aged stuff. This is both and appears to be a good one, but some people say it's more hype than anything. I enjoy the hunt, but there's plenty of beer out there that is really good and doesn't need to be so limited and so hyped.

[/quote]

One store in my city is only getting two cases. The next closest store getting any KBS is 1½ hours away and they aren't getting it until next week. Plus, they are doing it a lottery style, so that's out. While I'd like to try it, I'm not driving that far just for a chance to purchase 4 beers. I still have 5 six packs of Nugget Nectar left, so I'm good for awhile.

I like going to the beer store more than the golf store these days.
[/quote]

+1

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

Well..

Went on a big run.

Managed to secure 1 4 pack of KBS, will be here Tuesday. My local shop sold out of 6 cases of KBS and an unknown amount of DFH 75min IPA in under 20 minutes. Might have another shipment of KBS later in the month and I'm on the "santas list" at another shop for it.

I found a local place to hold me the ONE 4 pack of KBS for me when it comes in. Also snagged half a case of DFH 75min. Great deal on them, and will crack open one tonight at dinner in a bit.

Grabbed some Terrapin MooHoo's before they go AWOL for a year, and picked up a 4 pack of HopKarma from them.

Got some O Dempseys Black Heart Stout, Wild Heaven Eschaton in my growler, Southern Tier 2XIPA in my growler, 2 4 packs of Red Brick Porter, Ft Collins Chocolate Stout, Southern Tier 2XStout, and a Crickett Hill Bourbon Aged Porter in a hand labeled/numbered bottle. Picked up a Unibrou Grande 17 that just came out, and stocked back up on the limited 15th Anniversary Sweetwater ESB. Oh, and a 4 pack of Aprihop too.

Pretty happy with it. Will try and get some more 75min IPA as I think it'll be good. My honey hole here has come through REALLY well, despite the super super limited shipping of KBS in these parts. Next year will be easier.

I picked up two bottles of KBS today. I thought it was pretty expensive even for a limited release beer. My Uncle brought me some Zombie Dust, Alpha King and Dreadnaught from Three Floyds in Indiana. I tried the Alpha King and Zombie Dust and both are awesome. I wish I could get it here.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

Wish we could get some Deschutes Black Butte Porter in TN. If any of you ever come through Nashville,TN, try Saint Charles Porter by Blackstone Brewery. Almost as good as a Black Butte Porter. If you are on the cheap, I have taken a liking to a Yuengling Black and Tan. Its a good primer for the St. Charles Porter.

I'm looking forward to enjoying one Tuesday night when I get it. Will probably drink one now.. One sometime around mid summer, and then sit on 2 of them. I'll crack one when it gets cool again in the fall, and drink my last one when I get my 2013 KBS.

However.. in the mean time, the bottle conditioned 75min DFH IPA is really good. I love their IPA's, I think they do a great job with them. Aprihop is really good and clean, really cold on a hot day, I think it's probably one of the most drinkable IPA's out there. The 75min was really good though, maple syrup is really muted on the smell, and taste until it warms a bit and then it just melds all of the favors together at the end. Balanced perfect I think.

IPAs, Racer 5 and Ballast Point Sculpin, don't need anything else and to me other breweries get carried away with the hops.
Red ales, Bear republic brewers of Racer 5 makes a red ale that is awesome, Looking for others
Porters, Black Butte Porter, Youngs double chocalate, looking for others.
Pilsners, I have to go with German here, Bitburger, Warsteiner etc.

Titleist TSR2 9 Fujikura Ventus Blue
Srixon ZX mkll 15 Ventus Red

Taylormade Sim2 Max 19 GD
Srixon ZX 5 MKII 4-AW Nippon
Vokey SM7 54/10

Vokey SM9 59/5

Scotty tri sole Newport 2 ct

Titleist ProV1

[quote name='Txstcatman' timestamp='1326214513' post='4056419']
I'm a big fan of Trout Slayer from the Big Sky Brewing Co. in Montana. Drank plenty while in Missoula for a Texas State - Montana playoff game a few Novembers ago.
[/quote]

OG!!! I lived in Missoula Montana for a couple of years (many years ago) ... best local brew on earth (with the coolest name ever)? Moose Drool ...

[url="http://www.bigskybrew.com/Our_Beers/Moose_Drool"]http://www.bigskybrew.com/Our_Beers/Moose_Drool[/url]

Titleist TSR3 10.5* ~ Ventus TR Blue 58g

Titleist TSR2 15* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 18* ~ Tensei CK Pro Blue 60g

Titleist TSR2 21* (H) ~ Tensei AV Raw Blue 65g

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged, 4-6 ~ Aerotech SteelFiber i95

Mizuno Pro 245, 7-PW ~ Nippon NS Pro 950GH Neo

Miura Milled Tour Wedge QPQ 52* ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Miura Milled Tour Wedge High Bounce QPQ 58*HB-12 ~ KBS HI REV 2.0 SST

Scotty Special Select Squareback 2

Titleist Players glove, ProV1 Ball; Mizuno K1-LO Stand Bag, BR-D4C Cart Bag

OHHH YEAH..

Got me some 4 packs of Hoptimum... Man, this is a great DIPA... Also pretty high on the ABV too, which isn't printed anywhere on the case or bottles that I could find.

Fresh stuff, and if you are a hop lover, this beer is really piney, citrusy, and has a great mouthfeel and aroma.

Tossed back 1 of these, a OB Ten Fidy, and a KBS tonight. Thought about hitting some 2009 vintage Wake n Bake, but stopped myself. One more day of work this week, and then I'm getting my drink on this weekend.

I finally had some KBS last weekend and I have to admit, it was pretty damn good. Nice bourbon flavor, very chocolaty, light on the coffee, and very smooth. You wouldn't know it was over 11% ABV if it weren't for the label. I only had a 4 pack and it quickly became my favorite stout. The chocolate flavor puts it right up there with Southern Tier's Choklat.

My previous fave was Hoppin Frog Barrel Aged BORIS. It has a good bourbon taste, but lighter on the chocolate and a little heavier on the coffee than KBS. It's also not as smooth.

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

[quote name='potuna' timestamp='1332294638' post='4547044']
IPAs, Racer 5 and Ballast Point Sculpin, don't need anything else and to me other breweries get carried away with the hops.
Red ales, Bear republic brewers of Racer 5 makes a red ale that is awesome, Looking for others
[/quote]

I see you are in San Diego.

If you are into IPA's, check out Blind Lady Ale House. They are having a 30 days of IPA going on in April and have an IPA challenge. 6 5oz flight of IPA's and if you guess it correctly you win 50 dollar gift card to Blind Lady. I tried it yesterday and my palate was shot.

From a thread I just started...

The other day I was thinking of the wonderful midwestern beers I no longer get to drink since I am living in central NY (Bell's, Three Floyds, Founders, etc.) and I got the idea for a regional 6-pack exchange.

Not sure how realistic of an idea this is, but thought I would throw it out to this group (since we have members from every region of the country). Anyone shipped a 6-pack before?

I live in Utica, NY so my regional offerings include Saranac and Lake Placid beers, as well as Ommegang (although that may be national by now). There are other smaller breweries in the area, including the Cooperstown Brewery, which was one of my favorite brewery visits of all time.

Any interest?

drinks.gif

GREAT THREAD ... I can't do standard beer ...Just off the top of my head

Saint Somewhere just outside of my home town - Tampa Bay .. AWESOME

saint-somewhere_BeerReview.jpg

From my current town .. Abita 25th Anniversary Vanilla Double Dog

Abita%2B25th.jpg

Brazlian Xingu ... Tasty

xingu-black-beer.jpg

Coney Island Lager ... LOVE

coneyislandlager.jpg

Jefferson Cream Stout

Lazy-Magnolia-Jefferson-Stout.jpg

Another local Abita AndyGator ... LOVE !!

2009_10_7_botw.jpg

Andygator and the 25th Vanilla Turbo Dog are pretty decent. Andygator is a bit skunky at times, but I go to a cajun-farm-to-table place locally that keeps it on draft, and $17 a pitcher so it's a good deal.

Anyone who can get it.. If you like IPA's, and strong ones.. Check out SN's Hoptimum. I can't get enough of it.

Haven't really busted up much new stuff lately, just drinking my stock down.

I have made my Sunday line up, and it is topped off with a Founder KBS once the final pairing makes it to Amen Corner. Shall be glorious. Will probably hit up a 17 Grande Reserve Unibrou before hand, pop back perhaps a Dogfish Head 120 minute IPA before hand to prime the guts.

[quote name='itsernst' timestamp='1333397234' post='4632257']
[quote name='potuna' timestamp='1332294638' post='4547044']
[/quote]

I see you are in San Diego.

If you are into IPA's, check out Blind Lady Ale House. They are having a 30 days of IPA going on in April and have an IPA challenge. 6 5oz flight of IPA's and if you guess it correctly you win 50 dollar gift card to Blind Lady. I tried it yesterday and my palate was shot.
[/quote]

Checked it out online and will go there tomorrow, thanks for the heads up. Lots of porters too, oh yeah.

Titleist TSR2 9 Fujikura Ventus Blue
Srixon ZX mkll 15 Ventus Red

Taylormade Sim2 Max 19 GD
Srixon ZX 5 MKII 4-AW Nippon
Vokey SM7 54/10

Vokey SM9 59/5

Scotty tri sole Newport 2 ct

Titleist ProV1