Craft beer Drinkers Unite!

Slapjax7s

Nice!! Must be cool to work at the bigger craft places.

Bells is solid, but the Bruery has some really nice complex beers that I've found myself enjoying.

DFH is a classic, but they are pretty proud of some of their beers, much like Bruery and I'll skip them more often than not in some cases if there is something else I want to try.

[quote name='mflores' timestamp='1349803446' post='5771191']
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - This is beer is a must . Amazing brew here, with an incredible flavor and smell. Kind of vanilla smell and taste at first then the bourbon flavor kicks in. Also has heavy chocolate tones and a fair amount of coffee.

I grabbed a 4 pack last weekend - limited release but well worth the chase.
[/quote]

Want to grab me a 4 pack and make a trade? I can't get it down here, I get the other Goose Island stuff, but not BCBS.

I have some pretty good stuff down here..

Had a Marble brew co red ale in New Mexico this week. Not usually a fan of red ales but man was it tasty and incredibly easy to drink. A nice break from the super hoppy DIPA's I've been into lately. Glad my brother in law only had one in his fridge or it could've turned into 8 real fast haha.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1350094692' post='5787823']
[quote name='mflores' timestamp='1349803446' post='5771191']
Goose Island Bourbon County Stout - This is beer is a must . Amazing brew here, with an incredible flavor and smell. Kind of vanilla smell and taste at first then the bourbon flavor kicks in. Also has heavy chocolate tones and a fair amount of coffee.

I grabbed a 4 pack last weekend - limited release but well worth the chase.
[/quote]

Want to grab me a 4 pack and make a trade? I can't get it down here, I get the other Goose Island stuff, but not BCBS.

I have some pretty good stuff down here..
[/quote]

I would if i can find it again - the place I picked it up from is sold out. It took me about 6 stores to find it when I did. I'll keep looking for it though and will let you know if i run across it.

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

I got the last bottle of Goose Island BCBS from my beer store. What an awesome beer. Shocked at how smooth it is for 15% ABV.

Ping G425 10.5 Graphite Design Tour AD-TP 65x
Ping G425 5 and 7 woods with Aldila Rogue 80s
Ping G525 4 iron Project X LZ 6.5
Ping i210 5-PW Project X LZ 6.5
Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Vokey 54s and 58m with DG S400
Artisan Golf 0217 

Since my last [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/557159-craft-beer-drinkers-unite/page__st__210#entry5534919"]post about pumpkin beers[/url], I've had a few more.

Hoppin Frog Barrel Aged Double Pumpkin - I had high hopes for this one, but it was kind of a let down. The bourbon flavor was too weak for me. For $7 less, I'd rather have the normal Double Pumpkin ale.

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale - this was my least favorite this season. If you are looking for an ale with subtle flavors of pumpkin and spices, this is right up your alley. I prefer much stronger flavors in my pumpkin beers. This seemed almost watered down compared to other pumpkin beers.

Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin - pumpkin ale aged in bourbon barrels - Wow! Very strong bourbon taste up front, followed by good pumpkin and spice flavors. This is what I expect from something aged in bourbon barrels. It's almost borderline whiskey aged in pumpkin beer barrels tasting. The fact that is was the same price as bomber bottles of normal pumpkin ales makes it all that much better.

From what I've had so far: Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin>Hoppin Frog Double Pumpkin>Southern Tier Pumking>Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin>everything else

If you have a chance to get the Hoppin Frog Double Pumpkin and Hoppin Frog Barrel Aged BORIS Stout, buy an extra bottle of each and mix them 50/50 - delicious!

For non-pumpkin ales, I've also had:

Allagash Curieux - bourbon barrel aged ale - this was my first barrel aged ale and it's still one of my favorites. I had to have a friend pick some up while she was in Hilton Head as it's impossible to find up here in Ohio. A little sweetness with a slight peppery taste and a medium bourbon flavor. The bourbon isn't too strong or too weak. Not something I would recommend if looking for a hoppy beer, but something I would recommend every craft beer drinker to try.

Ballast Point Sculpin IPA - one of the best IPA's I've ever had! To me, this is right there with 90 min IPA, Stone IPA, Hopslam, Two Heated Ale, and Racer 5. I highly recommend this if you like any of those IPA's! I only wish I had bought more of it!

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H

If you can get them, give Weyerbacher Pumpkin and River Horse Imperial Pumpkin a try, I really like those.

I found the DFH underwhelming too.

Cobra King F6+, Matrix Black Tie 65M4
Callaway X Utility Prototype 21*, Project X PXI 6.0
Adams XTD 3-PW, KBS C Taper 90
Scratch 8620 D/S 50*, 56*, 60*, TrueTemper Dynamic Gold S300
Bettinardi SS15
Srixon Q Star Tour

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1351040477' post='5836581']
Mmm.

Bells "This goes to 11" was pretty tasty!!! Sucks it so hard to find... Rare and expensive suck!
[/quote]
Yeah I liked it a lot. $20 for a six pack and I got the last one in the store. I still have three bottles left and feel like I have to spread out when I drink them.

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

Total wine in chandler just started filling growlers for super cheap, as if that place wasn't awesome enough already. Picked up Some white chocolate ale, going back to pick up some Papago orange blossom, and to see what else they have

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

[quote name='LAMD' timestamp='1350601408' post='5813929']
Just had a Ballast point Victory At Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter best coffee/vanilla porter I have had.

Also big fan of

Rogue Chocolate stout

La Fin Du Monde

Hennepin

Alesmith brewery

[b]St.Bernardus[/b]
[/quote]

So damn good. I had one the other night and I was wishing for a never ending glass....

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

[quote name='bringmetheburner' timestamp='1351365230' post='5855143']
Number 1 with a bullet is Bell's Hopslam. It is so damn tasty and with a beautiful 10% ABV. Too bad it is only made two months out of the year, stock up while you can.
[/quote]

Agreed. This beer gets a ton of hype...and lives up to it. Sooooo goooood.

[quote name='IronOrr' timestamp='1351622617' post='5868151']
[quote name='bringmetheburner' timestamp='1351365230' post='5855143']
Number 1 with a bullet is Bell's Hopslam. It is so damn tasty and with a beautiful 10% ABV. Too bad it is only made two months out of the year, stock up while you can.
[/quote]

Agreed. This beer gets a ton of hype...and lives up to it. Sooooo goooood.
[/quote]

I'm ready for it to come out.. It's pretty good. Better than The Oracle DIPA they have.

Just had some Three Floyds Moloko wtaching the Bears kick some Titan booty - this milk stout is not my favorite - a little too roasted tasting - like the Left Hand version much better. Will not purchase again

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

I got a beer shipment in today and went to Founders taproom. Helluva day.
[attachment=1414435:image.jpg]
Founders Backwoods bastxxx
Firestone Walker Wookey Jack
Pliny the Elder
Firestone Walker Union Jack
Founders Harvest Ale
Founders Furniture City Stock Ale

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='itw419' timestamp='1352509729' post='5914311']
Pliny the Elder
Founders Harvest Ale
[/quote]

Nice haul!

I was up there for work a month ago.. Had the harvest ale on tap, and FBS on tape.. I really liked the harvest ale.. FBS was obviously good, especially on tap.

The Furniture City Stock ale was a disappointment. I drank half and left the other half for the cleaning lady in the hotel.. I drank my growler of FBS in the parking lot of the rental car lot at the airport. ;)

Backwood bastxxx is a damn good beer. Hard to find, but I've managed roughly a little over half a case this year of it. Great sipper, a bit hot, but I plan to sit on a 4 pack and have it throughout the year to see it age.

I just picked up the tail end of the fresh hop local ales, pretty good stuff.. And got Terrapins Liquid Bliss.. A Chocolate Peanutbutter Porter.. It's pretty damn good!!

Drank a Cigar City Good Gourd for Thanksgiving, along with a Bruery Autumn Maple..

[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1353814883' post='5975035']
Pliny the Elder
Founders Harvest Ale
[/quote]

Nice haul!

I was up there for work a month ago.. Had the harvest ale on tap, and FBS on tape.. I really liked the harvest ale.. FBS was obviously good, especially on tap.

The Furniture City Stock ale was a disappointment. I drank half and left the other half for the cleaning lady in the hotel.. I drank my growler of FBS in the parking lot of the rental car lot at the airport. ;)

Backwood bastxxx is a damn good beer. Hard to find, but I've managed roughly a little over half a case this year of it. Great sipper, a bit hot, but I plan to sit on a 4 pack and have it throughout the year to see it age.

I just picked up the tail end of the fresh hop local ales, pretty good stuff.. And got Terrapins Liquid Bliss.. A Chocolate Peanutbutter Porter.. It's pretty damn good!!

Drank a Cigar City Good Gourd for Thanksgiving, along with a Bruery Autumn Maple..
[/quote]

I was also disappointed with the Furniture City Stock Ale. Pliny the Elder is as good as advertised And Wookey Jack was a pleasant surprise. That beer is awesome. I just picked up a bottle of Founders Bolt Cutter not sure if I am going to let it age a bit or open it around Christmas time.

Ping Glide 3 50 DG S400

Artisan Golf 0217 

[quote name='itw419' timestamp='1353889394' post='5977963']
[quote name='FATC1TY' timestamp='1353814883' post='5975035']
Pliny the Elder
Founders Harvest Ale
[/quote]

Nice haul!

[/quote]

I was also disappointed with the Furniture City Stock Ale. Pliny the Elder is as good as advertised And Wookey Jack was a pleasant surprise. That beer is awesome. I just picked up a bottle of Founders Bolt Cutter not sure if I am going to let it age a bit or open it around Christmas time.
[/quote]

I heard Bolt Cutter was hyped up and a let down. Not a terrible beer, it sounds delicious, and I certainly would love to try it. But it got hyped big time and was a let down.

Similar to a local release here.. Terrapins Liquid Bliss... It's a Chocolate Peanut Butter Porter... It was hyped and hyped.. Really limited released.

I bought 4 bottles. I think it taste great. Chocolate isn't as out there as their Moo Hoo stout, but it's there. The peanuts are subtle and hit you in the aftertaste, and as the beer warms. People were let down thinking they were going to drink this thick reeses peanutbutter cup beer and it wasn't what we all thought. It was good as hell regardless but a let down for what you expected.

I've bought a bit less of beer, and have been brewing more myself... I've bought a case of Backwoods bastxxx so far.. enough to drink regularly and to cellar a few. I've got a big old stash right now, I need to drink it down.

Was up in Colorado for the holidays and made it back up to the left hand brewery, absolutely love the fade to black from the cask. So tasty and easy to drink.

Also saw that boneyard up I bend won a beer challenge fr their hop venom dipa beating out piney the elder

Ping G25 15* Black Tie

Never had a bad beer from Shiner. First experienced it when I was holed up in a hotel in Allen, TX, for business. The happy hour every night featured free Shiner Bock, which at that point in time was unavailable on the east coast where I live. The first night, like anyone, I was just happy to have free beer, and didn't expect much from the brew. I was mildly shocked by how good it was, and by the end of the week I was so enamoured with it I shipped a case home, hoping to find someplace to buy it back in NC. Sadly, there were no distributors at the time, and I remember just about turning a back flip the first time I saw it in a local store. Those Texans can brew a good beer! At least according to my palate. The Bock is my favorite, hands down, and I even like the Christmas version, with Peach and Pecan overtones.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bringmetheburner' timestamp='1356718787' post='6129733']
Bad news fellow Craft beer lovers. Heard through the grapevine that Anheuser Busch is in serious negotiations to buy Bell's brewery. If that happens the quality of several great beers that they make will go right down the shitter.
[/quote]

As long as they leave Hopslam and Two Hearted Ale alone... Maybe they'll increase the production of Hopslam and make it easier to find. I can usually find one or two six packs year, but that's about it. I've got to start finding out the release date and start my searching then. :(

Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
Super LS/Tisi Tec/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
Halo/4DX
X-20/XL2000/EX-1/GC Mid/TFT2003
ISI W2
X-Forged Vintage/Eye2+
WHT 7H