All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. My buddy played with a random in fall season and the dude seriously whipped out a small leaf blower to help find his ball under a tree. In my early and super enthusiastic golfing days, I played in any weather, including freezing cold temperatures. There was a dude that brought metal tees and a hammer for the frozen ground. He said he only uses his old irons so he doesn’t damage his woods. Unbelievable. Another guy brought his dog along, a retriever. He said he trained him to find his balls in the rough and not chew too hard on them. He said he hadn’t bought golf balls in ten years.
  3. Since your user name is 3puttforbogey I wonder if there is room in there for a second putter? Perhaps a putter for long putts and another putter for the short ones? Or just a second putter for when the first putter isn't performing?
  4. At my local municipal, a guy whipped out some lead tape for somebody whose toe screw somehow came out of one of his irons. It ended up just being a nice gesture that the other guy appreciated. But I thought wow, this guy clearly had prepared for... a situation. And had it ready to go. What have you seen that is handy but not immediately obvious?
  5. AK sends his regards. BTW, he doesn't do up his laces because he knows that the WRX mafia hate it.
  6. Quieting my mind before the shot. Years of consuming content and instruction has me getting wound up trying to adjust for things that, ultimately, I do not control. Which to me means I need a better separation between practice and round.
  7. -1 rn 3 holes to go. Improvements…..
  8. This is the most helpful and concise way I've seen this laid out. 👏👏👏
  9. Found this and thought it was useful https://swingyard.com/ping-irons-by-year/
  10. I love this putter, I really do. It’s outstanding and the gimme retriever is freaking awesome. The ONLY reason I’m selling is because I can’t quite get this to knock out my other LAB DF 2.1 from my bag. I’m sick and tired of switching back and forth so I’m going to say my goodbyes to this one. It’s a stock offering that’s 34” long and 69 degree lie angle. It has the pistol 2 degree grip as you can see from the pictures. There’s one very tiny chip near the toe that I actually didn’t even know was there until just taking this picture (bottom right part of the face view picture). Hard to tell it’s even there. Immaculate otherwise. I’ve gamed this three rounds. $400 + shipping. Also available for local pickup, I’m in SoCal in Eastvale area.
  11. To me it's worth asking over- or under-rated on what - performance? Collector value? Bling factor? Lots of SC overrated comments, for instance. Performance is not the only thing players "rate" a putter by. I'd argue a big part of the reason people want a Cameron because it's something to talk about, feels like they fit in with their friends and what they've seen in media, etc. And if that's true, then boy is it delivering.
  12. Today
  13. I find that if I get a right to left putt, I’ll put cut spin on the putt. Vice versa for left to right. You can play most putts a lot straighter like this and speed control becomes less of a factor because of it.
  14. All I can say is if I was a club manufacturer and wanted to make some money, I would start messing with lofts over time. Think of how many more wedges they can sell.
  15. Finally played the new x for a couple rounds. Solid. No complaints.
  16. Often if the tape is dated, or when I’m in the garage, which is cooler, I’ll give it the once over with a heat gun, sticks better and easier to peel off the backing.
  17. Thanks for the link but there have been some significant new releases since this was put online.
  18. Ended up going with the BX this year over the BXS. The flight off the driver was perfect and it doesn’t feel as harsh as I remembered it feeling off a putter.
  19. Watson going into that impossible rough behind the green at 72th with his approach at Turnberry 2009 and nothing comes close. I was muttering before his shot ”Tom, you know this course better than anyone else, not long NOT LONG…”
  20. Depends on why you want to counter weight. If you’re trying to get a lower swing weight to counter the increase caused by the longer length then you’re going about it incorrectly. If you’re using counter weights to improve ball contact then that us a different story. Depending on the I.D. Of your extensions you can probably find a steel bolt that would fit and allow counter weighting. Obviously the longer the bolt the heavier it would be.
  21. Never really thought about this but after thinking about I have four different instinct ways of putting the knocker. Inside 10 feet tap putt. Longer putts push cut. -the left to right bender The pull stroke . Breaker right to left
  1. Load more activity