Patrick Cantlay

mike.coj2

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1398309382' post='9157569']
[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1398307607' post='9157317']
I came to this forum wanting to know what happen to this talented young golfer and other than that info I can see a lot of hate for someone who is injured. And that definitely has not made harm to anyone but maybe to someone who has a homodelusional approach to the game. Or someone who is envy because will never go out and shot 60 at his own course, not even the Travelers.
Please stop the hating, hope he recovers and can give a good show to golf lovers.
[/quote]

It's really quite sickening. Patrick placed 2nd in his last event which was a playoff event.
[/quote]

Pot meets kettle.

[quote name='linkerpan' timestamp='1398307607' post='9157317']
I came to this forum wanting to know what happen to this talented young golfer and other than that info I can see a lot of hate for someone who is injured. And that definitely has not made harm to anyone but maybe to someone who has a homodelusional approach to the game. [b]Or someone who is envy because will never go out and shot 60 at his own course, not even the Travelers.[/b]
Please stop the hating, hope he recovers and can give a good show to golf lovers.
[/quote]

Im going to go out on a limb and say there is no real hating in this thread, just some good ol fashioned trash talk between the members. PLHR is a huge Cantlay fanatic and seems to think he is better or will be better than Speith (there was a whole thread somewhere with all of this). 99% of the members disagree with PLHR and this is the trash talking going back and forth. I dont think anyone really wishes ill will towards Cantlay (although I could be wrong). I have no clue where the homodelusional comment came from but ok. And the part in bold I honestly have no clue what you were trying to say. But again, I think this is just some smack talk which is fun and this thread has kept it in check. If this bothers you, I hope you arent a football fan. We have a facebook page for NFC south and the smack talk on it is off the charts!!

Thanks for the clarifying. No intent to offend anyone on my comment. I understand there will always be superfans. But clearly at this point in time is a matter of having the best wishes for Cantlay and hopes he gets healthy and ready to compete with whoever the new prodigy is.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1399897644' post='9278005']
first start of the year for Patrick this week
[/quote]

And that Spieth kid lost again. What a loser!

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Is Cantlay even on the Tour, or is he playing Web.com?

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1400013482' post='9288533']
[quote name='daftmunkee' timestamp='1400011428' post='9288335']
Who is Patrick Cantley?
[/quote]

He is a professional golfer currently ranked 349th in the world.
[/quote]
I was wondering where he went....YIKES!

So much for being "The Next One." NEXT!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I'm not sure which remarks are just wise cracks and which one's are actually wondering where Cantlay has been. For those who are really wondering: Cantlay got a stress fracture in his back on the Web.com tour last year. At the time, he had won a tournament and was No. 1 or 2 in earnings. He could not play in the remaining Web.com events and was hoping that he could hold on and finish in the Top 25 and get his PGA card. After the last regular season event he had dropped out of the Top 25 so he decided to play in the Web.com playoff event to try and earn his PGA card. He finished 2nd to Trevor Immelman, while obviously playing in some pain, and did secure his card. He then did not play anymore, allowing his back to completely heal. He was hoping to play at the first of the year but kept having back pain. Family and friends were getting a little concerned because the doctor said the stress fracture was healed, but still the pain. He has finally come around enough to being able to play.

Cantlay making return from injury at Byron Nelson

May 14, 2014

cantlay_610_hotel13_drive.jpg

Before Jordan Spieth took the golf world by storm, before Patrick Reed won three times, before Harris English and Russell Henley and Seung-yul Noh were all claiming trophies in their early-20s, Patrick Cantlay was the one to watch.

Well, one of the ones, at least.

This week, he will make his first start since last September in a return from injury, teeing it up in the field at the Byron Nelson Championship.

“Feels good,” Cantlay, 22, said after a Tuesday practice round. “Back to normal.”

For those who don’t remember, Cantlay’s normal is pretty special.

Let’s review: He was the world’s No. 1-ranked amateur golfer for more than a year; he won the Haskins, Nicklaus and Mickelson awards as a freshman at UCLA; he finished top-25 in his first four PGA Tour starts as an amateur; he was low am at both the U.S. Open and Masters; and he shot a 60 – yes, a 60! – at the Travelers Championship.

And all of that doesn’t even include what may be the greatest achievement of his career.

Last year, while warming up on the range at Colonial, he felt a pain in his back. The diagnosis was a stress fracture in his L5-S1 vertebrae. There is no surgery involved for such an injury; the only treatment is rest.

But Cantlay had a PGA Tour card to claim.

He returned three months later to play in the final two events of the Web.com Tour regular season, but missed the cut in each one. Still hurting and facing the prospect of another year on the developmental circuit, he competed in the first of four final series events, the Hotel Fitness Championship, where he finished in solo second place, earned his PGA Tour playing privileges for this season and – perhaps most importantly – afforded himself the necessary time to rest and recover before competing again with the injury.

“I was really proud of the way I played in the last event in Indiana,” he explained. “I was hurt and kind of bummed out, but I got my card in that one tournament. I don’t know if that’s my biggest accomplishment, but it’s definitely my most satisfying. Even though I finished in second place and it sucked to lose, it was good considering I was hurt and didn’t feel my best.”

In the time since he’s been away, the game’s most elite level has been overflowing with young, fearless players on the cusp of superstardom.

It could be enough to discourage a fellow up-and-comer like Cantlay, but he’s viewed it all with a glass half-full.

“It just shows that there’s a lot of young guys who are capable of playing well and winning and having success,” he said. “Before I was hurt, I was playing with them all the time, so if anything it makes me feel better and gives me more confidence going forward. All of those guys are my peers and they’re having success, so that’s great to see.”

That doesn’t mean the last 51 weeks haven’t been disheartening.

Cantlay maintained that the injury only hurt him when hitting golf balls, which served as a Catch-22: He felt fine doing everyday activities, but the one thing he passionately wanted to do was the only thing that he couldn’t.

“It was frustrating,” he insisted. “Every time I would get back, the doctor would tell me six or eight more weeks and we’ll be able to try. So it was a little bit frustrating, but I’m glad to be on the other end of it.”

Jamie Mulligan, his instructor since he was 7 years old, stopped short of calling it frustrating.

“That word is not in my vocabulary,” he said. “He might have been frustrated, but it’s a part of life. If we would have been able to prevent it, we would have. But I don’t get frustrated. If I got frustrated, I’d be doing the wrong thing.”

Mulligan understands that the 22-year-old still has time on his side.

“We’re trying to look at this thing as macro as we can,” he continued. “We don’t want him to be a good player for a little amount of time. We want him to be a great player for a long time.”

Following his tournament here in Texas, Cantlay plans to move to Jupiter, Fla., next week, the first time he’ll be away from his native California. As Mulligan knows, it’s all part of growing up – and every young player has to do that at some point.

Cantlay has seen many of his peers grow into the role of budding superstar in the past year or two. He was once on that track. Now that he’s healthy, there’s no reason to think he won’t once again join them in that pursuit.

9* Synchron Revolver
14* Dynacraft Avatar
2-PW Titleist 690MB
56* & 60* Nike SV
Bobby Grace DCT Sunset
Innovex V Motion Tour

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1400198897' post='9304697']
[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1400197710' post='9304567']
Even par round for Cantlay matches Spieth. Spieth has played the course countless times.
[/quote]

And you see that as proof of what?

This should be good..
[/quote]

He would know, he's watched countless Speith rounds hiding behind bushes putting red lip stick on while crossing speith's name of a list.

Even par round for Cantlay matches Spieth. Spieth has played the course countless times.
[/quote]

This should be good..
[/quote]

Cantlay returns from injury, plays his first professional round in who knows how long, plays the first round of his career as a PGA Tour member, and shoots the same score as Spieth (who played in the morning) on what is basically his home course.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1400209673' post='9306033']
[/quote]

This should be good..
[/quote]

Cantlay returns from injury, plays his first professional round in who knows how long, plays the first round of his career as a PGA Tour member, and shoots the same score as Spieth (who played in the morning) on what is basically his home course.
[/quote]

Cantlay's round doesn't count since this event is a bunch of randos

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1400209673' post='9306033']
[/quote]

This should be good..
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'll ask again- what exactly do you see this as proof of?

PLHR, Cantlay has been eyeing this tourney as his comeback and has been preparing like crazy for this course. Spieth is coming off a major let down and is probably feeling quite lethargic.. yet he managed to shoot the same score as Cantlay who is as fresh as he'll ever be.. proof, Spieth is better..

I find this made up rivaly hilarious.

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1400240169' post='9307013']
[quote name='stu_man' timestamp='1400239734' post='9306975']
Cantlay has been eyeing this tourney as his comeback and has been preparing like crazy for this course.
[/quote]

How can you prepare for a course when you have not played it before? It's not an easy track either.
[/quote]

Is Cantlay aware that you keep tabs on his day to day activities?

Way to elevate the creepiness factor...

Still waiting for your response to my earlier question?

[quote name='PuttLeftHitRight' timestamp='1400240169' post='9307013']
[quote name='stu_man' timestamp='1400239734' post='9306975']
Cantlay has been eyeing this tourney as his comeback and has been preparing like crazy for this course.
[/quote]

How can you prepare for a course when you have not played it before? It's not an easy track either.
[/quote]

Lol what? Not sure if serious... Either way neither of us know how many times Cantlay has actually played the course. If you think Thursday was his very first round there, Id definitely say you are wrong. First competitive round yeah but lets not kid ourselves, we both know he has played there before.

[/quote]

Nice start to the season for Cantlay. I think it was just an oversight on your part, but there are actually a few other players tied with him after round one. Here they are:

Ken Duke
Daniel Chopra
Steve Marino
Rory Sabbatini
Retief Goosen
Kris Blanks
James Driscoll
Kevin Foley
Jim Herman
Scott Gardiner
Michael Putnam
Jason Dufner
John Senden
J.J. Henry
Jhonattan Vegas
Stephen Ames
Andrew Svoboda
Billy Hurley III
Martin Flores
Brian Davis
Keegan Bradley

The OP is either getting a huge laugh out of trolling us ... or Cantlay and Spieth should both be feared for their safety.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag